PDA

View Full Version : How wack are NFTs?

Duderonomy
03-17-2021, 08:46 AM
Just when collecting became cool again they come out with this shit.
Bragging rights to watching player Highlights.

Of course you don't own the actual rights since ESPN isn't going to negotiate with neck beards on how much to pay for airing a clip. :facepalm

PullupJay
03-19-2021, 12:48 AM
https://nypost.com/2021/03/18/nyc-man-sells-fart-for-85-cashing-in-on-nft-craze/

a man sold a nft fart

SATAN
03-19-2021, 04:13 AM
We are in a very strange era.

Chick Stern
03-19-2021, 12:20 PM
The homie who made the Dreams skateboard TikTok is selling his for a half million

baudkarma
03-21-2021, 02:21 PM
The homie who made the Dreams skateboard TikTok is selling his for a half million

I was wondering if he would have to pay royalties to Stevie Nicks. Posting a video on TikTok is one thing, he could maybe claim Fair Use or something like that. But selling it for half a million is something else again.

Turns out he can't even do royalties. Nicks blocked him from including her song in the deal when he sells the video. It's still going on sale March 27 and he's still asking a cool half million for it. (That's $21,739.13 per second of video, for those curious). But it'll either be silent or have some other song attached to it. I'll be shocked if he gets $500,000 for it, but then I wouldn't have thought someone would pay $4 million for a Luka rookie card.