PDA

View Full Version : Will the league address Asian hate and place Asian Lives Matter on the court?

Patrick Chewing
03-19-2021, 10:40 AM
It only makes sense. Asian Lives DO matter too and they are a huge part of the NBA here and abroad.

Here's to hoping the NBA will do the right thing and address the violence and make this season about Asian Lives and dress the courts throughout the NBA with Asian Lives Matter.

Im Still Ballin
03-19-2021, 10:44 AM
You've chewed your last words, Fatman.

rawimpact
03-19-2021, 10:53 AM
Yellow lives Matter

RRR3
03-19-2021, 10:56 AM
You've chewed your last words, Fatman.
Gastrick!

Uncle Drew
03-19-2021, 10:57 AM
For real though, the player who probably faced the most racism ever was Yao Ming.

RRR3
03-19-2021, 11:00 AM
For real though, the player who probably faced the most racism ever was Yao Ming.
Historically ignorant comment.

Uncle Drew
03-19-2021, 11:25 AM

I really don't think so, despite the likes of Russell and Kareem playing in the 60s.

Patrick Chewing
03-19-2021, 11:26 AM
Yellow lives Matter

Actually, you are correct. We must specify the color of the individual here since we did it with Black Lives Matter. I would hope the NBA would make players wear yellow shirts to show solidarity with the Asian community.

Do the right thing, NBA. You have been under immense scrutiny for turning a blind eye to China. Well, now the NBA has a chance to redeem itself by honoring Asian Lives.

#YellowLivesMatter

mehyaM24
03-19-2021, 11:49 AM
didn't lin experience racism? he claims that he faced it all the time, but never gave out names or specific examples.

that "***** in the armor" article was bushleague af though.

Mr. Woke
03-19-2021, 10:26 PM
The NBA has zero obligation to do that shit lol.

Patty really doesn't give a damn about Asians; he is still salty because of BLM.

He is just a typical disingenuous conservatard.

DoctorP
03-19-2021, 10:35 PM
Im all for Asian Lives Matter but patty chew is a cringey troll, tabloid bitch and orange **** sucker. Trumptard

Hey Yo
03-19-2021, 11:01 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PhWo09sr4E

DoctorP
03-19-2021, 11:09 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PhWo09sr4E

That was misconstrued. Shaq is obviously referencing the bad English dubbing from Kung Fu movies in America. A bit overblown, geez

HylianNightmare
03-20-2021, 02:04 AM
They should

MrFonzworth
03-20-2021, 03:17 AM
didn't lin experience racism? he claims that he faced it all the time, but never gave out names or specific examples.

Yup he got fked over hard. I feel for him especially since he was one of mine and wasn't a delusional fakkit like bobapengin who thinks that taiwan is an independent nation.

I know for a fact one of the people who yelled recial slurs at him constantly was Gregg Pop. Nba never looked into it, probably because he was one of silver's guys.

Stanley Kobrick
03-20-2021, 03:18 AM
i believe Lin caught some racial slurs about covid in the g-league this year as well. the player was dealt with swiftly

ZionDunks
03-20-2021, 03:57 AM
I really don't think so, despite the likes of Russell and Kareem playing in the 60s.

Name a bigger racist today than Kareem (rules: can’t say lebron ). You can’t

Patrick Chewing
03-20-2021, 10:57 AM
#YELLOWLIVESMATTER

Stop the hate.

DoctorP
03-20-2021, 12:32 PM

yeah no excuse they let that go lol

tpols
03-20-2021, 12:32 PM
Asians are too successful and resilient to focus on an isolated incident. It simply doesn't sell in their communities or amongst white liberals. If it did? You'd hear about it everywhere. But it doesn't. So they'll hunt an incident that does sell, even if it has an equal death count.

tpols
03-20-2021, 12:36 PM

The hilarious irony is Arabs have been some of the biggest African slave traders of all time... yet he changed his birth name to "spite" the white man. Clown.

Mr. Woke
03-20-2021, 01:13 PM
Patty is a disingenuous conservatard who is now pandering to the ******.

Mr. Woke
03-20-2021, 01:13 PM

You are a delusional retard.

Kareem and LeBron are not racist at all.

Bronbron23
03-20-2021, 02:44 PM

Bruh come on man. Russell played in 60's. You gotta be joking

Patrick Chewing
03-20-2021, 03:28 PM

It's probably the same. When the league was dominated by Whites, Blacks faced racist comments. Now the league is dominated by Blacks, and non-Blacks are facing racist comments.

Uncle Drew
03-20-2021, 06:22 PM

Just because it wasn't reported by the media or Yao never spoke out doesn't mean it didn't happen. The Shaq drama is just the tiniest tip of the ice berg and that barely caused an outrage, if any. Any time an Asian player steps onto the court the racial slurs, stereotypes and disrespect fly across the table, just look at Jeremy Lin. I don't give a shit about this BLM thing, but if the NBA had any form of decency this should be addressed as well. You can't cherry pick racism, which is exactly what they're doing.

So yes, I am certain that Yao Ming faced as much racism as anyone in the NBA.

Axe
03-20-2021, 06:51 PM
It's awful to see that there's also discrimination happening against asian peers, only because these whites or blacks are so entitled to play in the league they dominate that they consider them as outlanders and barely respect them when that faulty behavior isn't necessary, no matter if they are good players or not. Meanwhile, the league does nothing about it because of course, they would favor the others first too especially with the way how they may seem to view the asians as insignificant and that sucks.

Thenameless
03-20-2021, 07:20 PM
I don't think the NBA will do anything special for Asians. Asians don't complain much. It's that "squeaky wheel gets the grease" sort of thing.

SATAN
03-21-2021, 02:17 AM
It only makes sense. Asian Lives DO matter too and they are a huge part of the NBA here and abroad.

Here's to hoping the NBA will do the right thing and address the violence and make this season about Asian Lives and dress the courts throughout the NBA with Asian Lives Matter.

You had "NUKE CHINA!" under your user name a few months ago and have changed it to YELLOW LIVES MATTER because you're completely obsessed with trying to "own the libs" and playing mind games.

Sad. Very sad indeed.

Patrick Chewing
03-26-2021, 10:00 PM
https://i.ibb.co/fS4ZvZx/D181-D75-B-F1-BA-43-D4-B333-09-AAB00-E2-B25.jpg

https://media4.giphy.com/media/9jEaPxN9eZWmI/giphy.gif

#YELLOWLIVESMATTER

SATAN
03-26-2021, 10:08 PM
You had "NUKE CHINA!" under your user name a few months ago and have changed it to YELLOW LIVES MATTER because you're completely obsessed with trying to "own the libs" and playing mind games.

Sad. Very sad indeed.

Walk on Water
03-27-2021, 12:02 AM
Yellow lives Matter

Why use color?