PDA

View Full Version : Lebron James - Final Career Predictions

dankok8
03-20-2021, 02:55 PM
I think his career will be so very overwhelming when he retires. Most people will have to give him the GOAT crown just based on that. The question is exactly how overwhelming will his career be?

My prediction:

I think he will play 25 seasons in total and retire in 2028 at age 43.

45,000 points
12,000 rebounds
12,000 assists
10,000 points in the playoffs
16x All-NBA 1st Team
22x All-NBA All Teams
24x All-Star
5x MVP
7x Champion
14x Finalist
5x Finals MVP

Why 7 rings? I just think he's in a perfect position to win more. Apart from the Nets there are no other serious threats to the Lakers. Even if the Nets stay healthy and he loses to them a couple of times, I still think he will retire with no less than 6 rings. In other words he will at a minimum win 2 more rings playing 7 more times in the playoffs. He will probably not be the best or co-best player anymore for a ring or two as he will start to decline more. The Lakers being such an iconic franchise and LA being such a hot destination is bound to get them some nice free agent signings in the future as well. I can totally see the 2024 Lakers play with a big 3 of like Beal/Lebron/Davis.

What do you guys think?

SouBeachTalents
03-20-2021, 03:03 PM
7 rings? Unless he plays till 45 like Brady, I seriously doubt that. It's no guarantee he goes through the Clippers & Nets, or whatever new contender emerges in the next few years. It would be a great accomplishment if he wins another one in his late 30's before he retires

DoctorP
03-20-2021, 03:10 PM
Anything can happen. He has had no major injuries and can probably play til 50 at this point.

RRR3
03-20-2021, 03:53 PM
LeBron would be the consensus GOAT if what OP stated comes true.

3ball
03-20-2021, 04:45 PM

He'd also be Lance Armstrong'ing it the whole time

So assuming he isn't Lance, Lebron will be nothing by age 38 just like everyone else

RRR3
03-20-2021, 04:47 PM
He'd also be Lance Armstrong'ing it the whole time

So assuming he isn't Lance, Lebron will be nothing by age 38 just like everyone else
Petrified.

Ghost1
03-20-2021, 04:47 PM
nice jinx OP

SouBeachTalents
03-20-2021, 04:48 PM
And not even two hours later LeBron leaves the game with an injury :lol

dankok8
03-20-2021, 04:50 PM
7 rings? Unless he plays till 45 like Brady, I seriously doubt that. It's no guarantee he goes through the Clippers & Nets, or whatever new contender emerges in the next few years. It would be a great accomplishment if he wins another one in his late 30's before he retires

You don't think he can win at least 2 more rings in 7 playoff runs with this Lakers team? They could also add another free agent like Beal or even Curry.

Anything can happen. He has had no major injuries and can probably play til 50 at this point.

50 is a stretch and besides he won't play in the league until he's a scrub. I think until 43 is realistic though.

Yea...

Jordan and to a lesser extent Kareem will still be better players at their peaks and Russell will have more rings but Lebron's career will be too much to say he isn't the GOAT.

Axe
03-20-2021, 04:51 PM
nice jinx OP
Rofl

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
03-20-2021, 04:51 PM
ACL injury

dankok8
03-20-2021, 04:53 PM
And not even two hours later LeBron leaves the game with an injury :lol

He just sprained his ankle?!?

RRR3
03-20-2021, 04:53 PM
ACL injury
Petrified. Imagine wishing this on LeBron because you’re so shook Durant can’t win without papa Curry.

3ball
03-20-2021, 04:55 PM

Yea...

Jordan and to a lesser extent Kareem will still be better players at their peaks and Russell will have more rings but Lebron's career will be too much to say he isn't the GOAT.

Nonsense

7 rings in 24 years with only 4 or 5 as the best player is inferior to 6 rings in 15 years, all as the best player and with a true 2nd option (no "1b" rings)... And with better production rate!!

So lebron can't match MJ ever

The ship sailed

It isn't just a goat peak - it's a goat CALIBER - Jordan was scoring champ and top 5 DPOY from 88-98' - that's the goat CALIBER

And lebron will always have weaknesses, aka non-elite jumpshooting skill, FT's, and weak ball movement/low assist teams/low team ceiling (no off-ball)

Ultimately, a player that yields weaker teams (7/24) can never be better than a guy that yields the best teams ever (6/15 and 6/6 goat team ceiling)

Axe
03-20-2021, 04:56 PM
He just sprained his ankle?!?
:facepalm

dankok8
03-20-2021, 04:57 PM
ACL injury

That's disgusting. You can dislike Lebron but don't wish a serious injury on someone.

3ball
03-20-2021, 04:59 PM
:facepalm

It isn't just a goat peak - it's a goat CALIBER.. a goat STANDARD, aka Jordan was scoring champ and top 5 DPOY from 88-98' - that's the goat CALIBER/STANDARD

Jordan's standard of play was the top scorer and top 5 defender in the league -.Lebron is nowhere near that

Axe
03-20-2021, 05:01 PM
That's disgusting. You can dislike Lebron but don't wish a serious injury on someone.
You're right. A nutball in one of my threads earlier said i did the same thing about curry because he sees my obsession with the said player but when i posted an actual clip of how curry got his tailbone injury, he just vanished shamefully. :confusedshrug:

Axe
03-20-2021, 05:03 PM
It isn't just a goat peak - it's a goat CALIBER.. a goat STANDARD, aka Jordan was scoring champ and top 5 DPOY from 88-98' - that's the goat CALIBER/STANDARD

Jordan's standard of play was the top scorer and top 5 defender in the league -.Lebron is nowhere near that
Except i never seeked for any clarification from you about this nonsense

3ball
03-20-2021, 05:12 PM
It makes sense that the goat played for a shorter period - he got in and out after accomplishing the most

That's goat..

Laboring for 24 years to accomplish less isn't goat.. it's super-weak actually, especially considering he stacked the deck everytime.. he completely manufactured it and STILL can't match MJ

He hand-picks the preseason favorite and then mostly loses with them.. that's pathetic

RRR3
03-20-2021, 05:15 PM
Nonsense

7 rings in 24 years with only 4 or 5 as the best player is inferior to 6 rings in 15 years, all as the best player and with a true 2nd option (no "1b" rings)... And with better production rate!!

The ship sailed

It isn't just a goat peak - it's a goat CALIBER - Jordan was scoring champ and top 5 DPOY from 88-98' - that's the goat CALIBER

And lebron will always have weaknesses, aka non-elite jumpshooting skill, FT's, and weak ball movement/low assist teams/low team ceiling (no off-ball)

Ultimately, a player that yields weaker teams (7/24) can never be better than a guy that yields the best teams ever (6/15 and 6/6 goat team ceiling)
If LeBron got 7 rings in 24 years that still means he added more total value than MJ. It doesn’t matter how long it took, MJ was incapable of playing any more than he did, it’s not LeBron’s fault he’s more durable. Pretending durability and longevity don’t matter on the GOAT list is insane. You better hope LeBron’s career doesn’t go anything like the way OP predicts it will because he’ll be considered GOAT for sure and you will have wasted over a decade trying to convince people he’s not.

3ball
03-20-2021, 05:16 PM
If LeBron got 7 rings in 24 years that still means he added more total value than MJ. It doesn’t matter how long it took, MJ was incapable of playing any more than he did, it’s not LeBron’s fault he’s more durable. Pretending durability and longevity don’t matter on the GOAT list is insane. You better hope LeBron’s career doesn’t go anything like the way OP predicts it will because he’ll be considered GOAT for sure and you will have wasted over a decade trying to convince people he’s not.

It's about being the best basketball player

Taking longer to achieve basketball things means you're worse at basketball

dankok8
03-20-2021, 05:22 PM

Yea and Jordan will always be the better player in his prime. But GOAT evaluates the entire career. Like I would easily take 12 Bulls years of Jordan over any 12 years of Lebron but 25 years of Lebron accomplishing what I predicted in the OP including 7 rings? I'm taking Lebron. At some point the longevity just becomes too much to overcome.

A similar idea is Barkley vs Malone. Barkley was clearly better in his prime but almost every career ranking has Malone ranked higher.

RRR3
03-20-2021, 05:32 PM

The GOAT list has never been solely about that or Bill Walton would be top 20.

Bay Area Baller
03-20-2021, 07:14 PM
Thanks konex /end sarcasm.

Thenameless
03-20-2021, 07:26 PM
Nonsense

The ship sailed

I agree that Jordan was a better player at his peak. But, if Lebron gets to 7 Championship wins, and has all the other individual stat leads/very high all time placings for both regular season and playoffs, a very strong argument could be made for him having the best career.

Manny98
03-20-2021, 07:49 PM
ACL injury

Smh

Nike D'Antoni
03-20-2021, 08:04 PM
Super jinx powers

StrongLurk
03-21-2021, 09:17 AM
Lol no way Lebron plays 25 seasons unless he literally takes half the season off in his later years and plays like 40-45 games.

I think if he avoids serious injuries, he'll try to make it to 40. But I also think Lebron's ego won't let him keep playing if he can't at least stay at all-star level.

Bronbron23
03-21-2021, 10:29 AM
I think his career will be so very overwhelming when he retires. Most people will have to give him the GOAT crown just based on that. The question is exactly how overwhelming will his career be?

My prediction:

I think he will play 25 seasons in total and retire in 2028 at age 43.

45,000 points
12,000 rebounds
12,000 assists
10,000 points in the playoffs
16x All-NBA 1st Team
22x All-NBA All Teams
24x All-Star
5x MVP
7x Champion
14x Finalist
5x Finals MVP

Why 7 rings? I just think he's in a perfect position to win more. Apart from the Nets there are no other serious threats to the Lakers. Even if the Nets stay healthy and he loses to them a couple of times, I still think he will retire with no less than 6 rings. In other words he will at a minimum win 2 more rings playing 7 more times in the playoffs. He will probably not be the best or co-best player anymore for a ring or two as he will start to decline more. The Lakers being such an iconic franchise and LA being such a hot destination is bound to get them some nice free agent signings in the future as well. I can totally see the 2024 Lakers play with a big 3 of like Beal/Lebron/Davis.

What do you guys think?

Because of his longevity he'll break every total record out there. As far as chips i have him winning one more and sitting at 5. Age has to catch up to him at some point. Not to the degree that he can't still be great just to the degree that he won't win anymore championships.