PDA

View Full Version : 2021 Raptors - Biggest decline for a champion team ever after 2 years?

HBK_Kliq_2
03-21-2021, 09:02 PM
Raptors about to lose to cavs and this will be their 8th straight loss, they have lost 10 out of last 11 and only win was against Rockets hahahaha

There's still 4 rotational players left from the 2019 title team (Lowry, Vanvleet, Powell, Siakam) and the head coach is still there! Yet they are the biggest joke in the league. Is this the greatest decline ever for a championship team that still has 4 rotation players on it? Also last season in playoffs they lost to Celtics who are now barely a .500 team.

Axe
03-21-2021, 09:07 PM
Needless to say, the clippers will not be winning a chip this year. That's all to say in this mundane thread.

3ball
03-21-2021, 09:08 PM
Championship swagger is a real thing, but a funny thing happens when it's gone (see the 95' bulls before MJ came back)

The goat takes these raptors to a double 3-peat (the goat team ceiling of modern era)

Axe
03-21-2021, 09:10 PM
Championship swagger is a real thing, but a funny thing happens when it's gone (see the 95' bulls before MJ came back)

The goat takes these raptors to double 3-peat (goat team ceiling of modern era)
This sorry thread has nothing to do with your fraud hero though, so...

Foxtrot
Oscar
Hotel

Xiao Yao You
03-21-2021, 09:13 PM
https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CHI/2000.html

highwhey
03-21-2021, 09:16 PM
still debating wether i am a fan or not of the 2021 raptors, it's not even a full gen refresh, looks more like a facelift

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/_wU2BG_wRFk/maxresdefault.jpg

Axe
03-21-2021, 09:20 PM
still debating wether i am a fan or not of the 2021 raptors, it's not even a full gen refresh, looks more like a facelift

It's still as good looking as ever and more premium as well but imho nothing beats the original one, the svt raptor. :pimp:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIxQNdwriW9lOpRDmomqMfHqbum-lYikDMAQ&usqp=CAU

HBK_Kliq_2
03-21-2021, 09:23 PM
https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CHI/2000.html

4 rotation players are still on the team though. So this is like if Pippen was still around and Harper/Kukoc.

HBK_Kliq_2
03-21-2021, 09:27 PM

The goat takes these raptors to a double 3-peat (the goat team ceiling of modern era)

Pippen was still doing big things by 2000, leader in VORP for the second best team in the league that regular season.

Lowry is a midget fatshit who has a record of 11-24 this season when he plays.

HBK_Kliq_2
03-21-2021, 09:28 PM

Kawhi was driving that. Lowry, siakam and Vanvleet were all in the back seat.

Axe
03-21-2021, 09:30 PM
Kawhi was driving that. Lowry, siakam and Vanvleet were all in the back seat.
Except kawhit never owned an actual f-150 raptor irl dumbass.

3ball
03-21-2021, 09:40 PM
Pippen was still doing big things by 2000, leader in VORP for the second best team in the league that regular season.

Lowry is a midget fatshit who has a record of 11-24 this season when he plays.

guys like Marc Gasol were DPOY and won 55 games with 2nd Round loss... Ditto Lowry (55 wins with 2nd Round loss).. So everyone does it - the only reason Pippen got props for it is because it was such a shock, and thus a testament to MJ's dominance and carry-jobs.

Ultimately, the triangle is a 55-win offense if run to perfection, but only MJ or his clone (Kobe) could win with it.. Specifically, the offense put role players in optimal spots but still needed a bailout on 10-20% of possessions, so it was nothing for 50 years until it met the goat bailout artists it needed to win (MJ/Kobe) - then it won 11 rings in 18 years.

kawhileonard2
03-21-2021, 09:40 PM
All due to Kawhi leaving.

Xiao Yao You
03-21-2021, 09:41 PM
4 rotation players are still on the team though. So this is like if Pippen was still around and Harper/Kukoc.

I didn't make the thread, Biggest decline for a champion team ever after 2 years?

HBK_Kliq_2
03-21-2021, 09:46 PM
guys like Marc Gasol were DPOY and won 55 games with 2nd Round loss... Ditto Lowry (55 wins with 2nd Round loss).. So everyone does it - the only reason Pippen got props for it is because it was such a shock, and thus a testament to MJ's dominance and carry-jobs.

Ultimately, the triangle is a 55-win offense if run to perfection, but only MJ or his clone (Kobe) could win with it.. Specifically, the offense put role players in optimal spots but still needed a bailout on 10-20% of possessions, so it was nothing for 50 years until it met the goat bailout artists it needed to win (MJ/Kobe) - then it won 11 rings in 18 years.

Marc Gasol was doing that like in 2013, Lowry was doing that with another allstar Derozen years ago. They never did it multiple years after winning championship with Kawhi, like 2000 Scottie did. Lowry sucks ass this season and Marc Gasol shouldn't even be in the league anymore as he can barely move.

HBK_Kliq_2
03-21-2021, 09:47 PM
I didn't make the thread, Biggest decline for a champion team ever after 2 years?

I couldn't fit everything in title but i did mention it in OP. Also Phil Jackson would have to still be coaching 2000 bulls to make it comparable as Nick Nurse is still there.

HBK_Kliq_2
03-21-2021, 09:54 PM
Look at Marc Gasol's injury report right now: Player Injury Day To Day (Conditioning) - Gasol did not play in Saturday's (Mar. 20) game against Atlanta. (Updated Mar.21, 2021)

Conditioning? that's cute hahahah what a soft ass bum. 7 foot 300 pounds and grabs 5 rebounds a game, dennis rodman is 6"7 and grabbing 15 rebounds a game. Kawhi had to be the teams leading rebounder, which is something Jordan didn't do.

3ball
03-21-2021, 09:58 PM
Marc Gasol was doing that like in 2013, Lowry was doing that with another allstar Derozen years ago. They never did it multiple years after winning championship with Kawhi, like 2000 Scottie did. Lowry sucks ass this season and Marc Gasol shouldn't even be in the league anymore as he can barely move.

Lowry won 55 last year (based on 82 games) with 2nd round loss

Ditto Gasol a few years ago... KJ actually made the WCF by dominating Magic's 1-seeded Lakers in 90'.. so tons of guys win 55 with 2nd Round loss... it's normally nothing and isn't noticed..

the only reason Pippen got props for it is because it was such a shock, and thus a testament to MJ's dominance and carry-jobs.

HBK_Kliq_2
03-21-2021, 10:30 PM
Lowry won 55 last year (based on 82 games) with 2nd round loss

Ditto Gasol a few years ago... KJ actually made the WCF by dominating Magic's 1-seeded Lakers in 90'.. so tons of guys win 55 with 2nd Round loss... it's normally nothing and isn't noticed..

the only reason Pippen got props for it is because it was such a shock, and thus a testament to MJ's dominance and carry-jobs.

This thread is about 2 years after though. It shows they were washed up. Both Lowry and Gasol are doing nothing this season. Pippen was still an all star level impact player by 2000.

Besides, Gasol couldn't even get .1 VORP last playoffs and Lowry sucked as well. Kawhi carried washed up bums (lowry, gasol).

Multiple years after the title, those guys are doing nothing. Multiple years after 1998 bulls title, Pippen went to game 7 2000 west finals and was the best player on 2nd best net rating team during regular season. So Pippen still had a lot left in the tank multiple seasons later, while Lowry/gasol are pretty much worthless now.

dankok8
03-21-2021, 10:38 PM
What a stupid thread. The Raptors 2nd best player in Lowry who was already fairly old got older. Ibaka left, Gasol left, Green left. My Raptors have been absolutely ravaged by injuries and COVID protocols this year. When healthy this is a playoff team EASILY and honestly probably a 50 win team.

Axe
03-21-2021, 10:41 PM
What a stupid thread. The Raptors 2nd best player in Lowry who was already fairly old got older. Ibaka left, Gasol left, Green left. My Raptors have been absolutely ravaged by injuries and COVID protocols this year. When healthy this is a playoff team EASILY and honestly probably a 50 win team.
Op is a certified crackhead who hates the raptors so much for no real reasons at all.

highwhey
03-22-2021, 12:28 AM
It's still as good looking as ever and more premium as well but imho nothing beats the original one, the svt raptor. :pimp:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIxQNdwriW9lOpRDmomqMfHqbum-lYikDMAQ&usqp=CAU

the sound of that v8 is sweet for sure.

Axe
03-22-2021, 03:21 AM
the sound of that v8 is sweet for sure.
Yep, but as time goes on these petrol-guzzling v8s are hella quick in becoming a thing of the past already nowadays.

Soon, all the new ones will be electrically powered while internal combustion engines will be gone but not forgotten in the hearts of every car enthusiasts out there. :ohwell:

k0kakw0rld
03-22-2021, 06:26 AM
Raptors about to lose to cavs and this will be their 8th straight loss, they have lost 10 out of last 11 and only win was against Rockets hahahaha

There's still 4 rotational players left from the 2019 title team (Lowry, Vanvleet, Powell, Siakam) and the head coach is still there! Yet they are the biggest joke in the league. Is this the greatest decline ever for a championship team that still has 4 rotation players on it? Also last season in playoffs they lost to Celtics who are now barely a .500 team.

The man doesn't watch any of our games but creates a thread like he's been following them. Because the league allowed us to play on our own floor? Because we did not have to play multiple games without our entire coaching staff due to COVID-19 protocol. We missed also 3 starters due to covid-19 protocol in (Siakam, OG, VanVleet). You are a joke, your existence is a joke. Shut the fk up before I get your stupid ass too.

k0kakw0rld
03-22-2021, 06:27 AM
I couldn't fit everything in title but i did mention it in OP. Also Phil Jackson would have to still be coaching 2000 bulls to make it comparable as Nick Nurse is still there.

Shut the fk up moron.

k0kakw0rld
03-22-2021, 06:27 AM

Where were you when we were 5th seed though?

red1
03-22-2021, 09:45 AM
our record was devastated by covid, we were just 17-17 and before this losing streak losing half of our team to COVID

and we're the only team in the league that hasnt had a home game since the pandemic started

red1
03-22-2021, 09:46 AM
kawhi choked a 3-1 lead just a few months ago

we dont even have to look that far back...

pandiani17
03-22-2021, 12:48 PM

You answered your question. The 2000 Bulls were quite bad. But I think that there are more teams that were bad 2 seasons after winning the championship. The 2008 Heat, the 2013 Mavs, the 2015 Heat, etc. I think neither one of these teams even made the play-offs (actually, the 2008 Heat got the 2nd pick in the draft, they had a terrible record.)

mehyaM24
03-22-2021, 12:51 PM
you can't give all the credit to kawhi. who is now playing the sidekick role behind paul george. for reference, pg leads the clippers in mvp voting & advanced stats like bpm/rpm (impact). the clippers would benefit a whole lot by acquiring lonzo ball. he can play lowry's role while kawhi can just be a scorer - or third in command, offensively.

getting_old
03-23-2021, 02:00 PM
it was great fun and an honour to get another title in town, never thought it would happen again in my lifetime

so it was bought with a star coming in and became a total fluke with all the Warriors injuries

probably the biggest fluke title run i will ever have watched in any sport

red1
03-23-2021, 02:59 PM
it was great fun and an honour to get another title in town, never thought it would happen again in my lifetime

so it was bought with a star coming in and became a total fluke with all the Warriors injuries

probably the biggest fluke title run i will ever have watched in any sport

I'm a lifelong fan of kd's achilles :cheers:

L8krH8tr
03-23-2021, 05:26 PM
why is this fuccing stickied?

clipps
03-23-2021, 05:40 PM
you can't give all the credit to kawhi. who is now playing the sidekick role behind paul george. for reference, pg leads the clippers in mvp voting & advanced stats like bpm/rpm (impact). the clippers would benefit a whole lot by acquiring lonzo ball. he can play lowry's role while kawhi can just be a scorer - or third in command, offensively.

You're a retard.

Hey Yo
03-23-2021, 06:23 PM
2015 Heat missed the playoffs.

HBK_Kliq_2
03-23-2021, 06:38 PM
why is this fuccing stickied?

I've been promoted to moderator due to my insanely high basketball IQ. Shape up or you will be finished. Just joking but it is a good question though, raptors suck ass now despite having 4 rotation player from the title team and the same head coach.

L8krH8tr
03-23-2021, 06:46 PM
I've been promoted to moderator due to my insanely high basketball IQ. Shape up or you will be finished. Just joking but it is a good question though, raptors suck ass now despite having 4 rotation player from the title team and the same head coach.
Lol

I agree though Canadians are stupid and suck in general. Kawhi was offered a free mansion and helicopter in Toronto and still left lol.

HBK_Kliq_2
03-23-2021, 06:46 PM

That's close but Bosh only played 44 games. Siakam has already matched that this season at 34 games (relative to 72 game season). So Siakam would have to not play a game again this season to make it fair.

Axe
03-23-2021, 07:51 PM
You are retarded tho.

HBK_Kliq_2
03-23-2021, 07:59 PM
You are retarded tho.

If I was moderator, your brainless ass would be gone in 5 seconds.

Axe
03-23-2021, 08:04 PM
If I was moderator, your brainless ass would be gone in 5 seconds.
Meltdown. At least try saying something new or interesting rather than say kawhi is the best player in the world, rather than talk crap about the raptors and lebron. :confusedshrug::facepalm

kawhileonard2
03-24-2021, 09:48 PM

So did the 1999 Bulls as well.

n00bie
03-24-2021, 10:32 PM
Lol

I agree though Canadians are stupid and suck in general. Kawhi was offered a free mansion and helicopter in Toronto and still left lol.

Sorry to burst your bubble but Canada > America.

red1
03-25-2021, 01:54 PM
Sorry to burst your bubble but Canada > America.

just an FYI - that poster you're responding to is a homeless crackhead. that guy is ****ed. :oldlol:

tpols
03-25-2021, 03:46 PM
This thread is about 2 years after though. It shows they were washed up. Both Lowry and Gasol are doing nothing this season. Pippen was still an all star level impact player by 2000.

Besides, Gasol couldn't even get .1 VORP last playoffs and Lowry sucked as well. Kawhi carried washed up bums (lowry, gasol).

Multiple years after the title, those guys are doing nothing. Multiple years after 1998 bulls title, Pippen went to game 7 2000 west finals and was the best player on 2nd best net rating team during regular season. So Pippen still had a lot left in the tank multiple seasons later, while Lowry/gasol are pretty much worthless now.

Why are you even making this comparison when Pippen team hopped twice after 1998? In the very next year, he tried to team up with Barkley and Hakeem and was total ass... flamed out totally come playoff time. Pippen then team hopped to the super stacked Blazers, and ended up getting Kobe'ed in crunchtime with his team choking a 15 point 4th quarter lead in a Game 7. It doesn't get any less clutch than that. :oldlol:

k0kakw0rld
03-26-2021, 12:03 AM
Lol

Canada is the best country in the world. Free school l, free consultations with a doctor.

Full Court
03-26-2021, 04:36 PM
Canada is the best country in the world. Free school l, free consultations with a doctor.

But no free speech, no right to keep and bear arms, ridiculously high taxes....no thanks.

k0kakw0rld
03-27-2021, 02:32 AM
But no free speech, no right to keep and bear arms, ridiculously high taxes....no thanks.
Taxes are high in LA too. What's your point moron?