PDA

View Full Version : Paul Reed won TWO major G League awards this year

insidehoops
03-22-2021, 10:26 PM
Delaware Blue Coats forward Paul Reed has been named 2020-21 G League MVP and G League Rookie of the Year:

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=25506

The Blue Coats are the Sixers' affiliate team.

fourkicks44
03-22-2021, 11:53 PM
Bball Paul :applause:

A star in the making. Kid has been a revelation.

I just wish Doc would give him some more minutes. He could be the answer to many of the Sixers minor problems, plus his trade value in any deal has just skyrocketed.

Love Bball Paul.

GOBB
03-23-2021, 05:14 PM
It’s g league. The transition is different when you’re in the NBA. I don’t think he has any more value than a early 2nd rd pick. Sixers need to keep him and allow him time to develop his game. Some guys take awhile to become players. Like C.Woods who Sixers gave up on too quick.

fourkicks44
03-23-2021, 09:05 PM
It’s g league. The transition is different when you’re in the NBA. I don’t think he has any more value than a early 2nd rd pick. Sixers need to keep him and allow him time to develop his game. Some guys take awhile to become players. Like C.Woods who Sixers gave up on too quick.

There is definitely a jump between the G league and the the NBA. But the improvement is there and he didn't just hang, he dominated the G league bubble. In his first game for the Sixers he looked like a baby deer in the headlights, completely out of place. When he came back after the G league bubble he had this swag and mad confidence about him. He got in one game and soon as he got the ball he put it up and scored, no hesitation, no problem like he was a ten year vet.

He has the ability to defend, run, score in the paint and outside. He shot 44% from three in the bubble. That is a ridiculous amount and probably not a great representation of his ability. His shot looks a little unorthodox but he has at least shown he can be a threat from beyond the arc.

He may not solve any short term issues for the Sixers but coming in to next season if he works hard this summer and continues to improve the way he has this season he could be a integral part of the team.

It looks like Mike Scott isn't getting traded anytime soon but it is unlikely he will be back next season. He can perfectly fill in that stretch 4 spot they need so bad. With so much money tied up in Joel, Tobi and Ben having a player like Bball Paul is important because he doesn't cost a lick. Credit to Morey with the pick at 58. The draft was weak af and Reed has so far got as much promise as most of the first round.

I just think he should be getting minutes over Terrence Ferguson and Vincient Poirier. They ain't playing in the playoffs or likely to be on the team next season.

Get Bball Paul in, Doc!

fourkicks44
03-27-2021, 08:31 PM
Bball Paul received a new contract. I believe this means he is eligible for the playoffs now.

https://www.nba.com/sixers/news/76ers-sign-paul-reed-standard-nba-contract-mason-jones-two-way-deal

72-10
03-28-2021, 11:44 AM
There's something about Paul. I think this guy is going to be good.

GOBB
03-28-2021, 11:59 AM
Probably a stretch because I think Doc loves Mike Scott. I’m hoping Reed by postseason can ckk ok convince Doc of getting his minutes. Again stretch but I’m sick and tired of seeing Mike Scott.

Or at least get something via buyout I guess. But I’ll take Reed and his growing pains over Scott who is useless