PDA

View Full Version : TRADE: Rajon Rondo traded to the Clippers for Lou Williams

Im Still Ballin
03-25-2021, 02:32 PM
Atlanta Hawks trade Rajon Rondo to LA Clippers for Lou Williams and draft picks:

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=25538

HBK_Kliq_2
03-25-2021, 02:34 PM
Wooo hoooo hell yeah. Trade a career playoff choker for a playoff god. I would kiss Lawrence Frank if I could. Here comes the championship baby, the missing piece.

Im Still Ballin
03-25-2021, 02:37 PM
Wooo hoooo hell yeah. Trade a career playoff choker for a playoff god. I would kiss Lawrence Frank if I could. Here comes the championship baby, the missing piece.

I like it because the Clippers are arguably the best shooting team in the league. Even though Rajon is not a terrible shooter, it's still nice for them to have snipers -- even at the PF/C positions.

Manny98
03-25-2021, 02:40 PM
No excuses

HBK_Kliq_2
03-25-2021, 02:41 PM
I like it because the Clippers are arguably the best shooting team in the league. Even though Rajon is not a terrible shooter, it's still nice for them to have snipers -- even at the PF/C positions.

Exactly, his shooting isn't needed. I also think if clippers replaced Lou Williams with Rondo in the bubble, they would of won the championship. Lou was a black hole and a scorer, now we get a playmaker and a winner\proven playoff performer. Perfect trade for clippers.

HBK_Kliq_2
03-25-2021, 02:44 PM
No excuses

Now clippers vs nets is fair. Clippers will not lose with Rondo\George\Kawhi.

bladefd
03-25-2021, 02:50 PM

Good luck with that guarantee.

Good addition obviously but your head coach is Tyron Lue. Best of luck winning a chip with Lue.

ArbitraryWater
03-25-2021, 02:51 PM
Meanwhile Lakers be like

*crickets

bison
03-25-2021, 02:51 PM
Clippers got Playoff Rondo? :facepalm: it’s over for the lakers.

HBK_Kliq_2
03-25-2021, 02:52 PM
Kawhi is cleaning house.

Montrzl, Lou Williams, Shamet all the bums got sent packing.

HBK_Kliq_2
03-25-2021, 02:56 PM
Now Rondo can spit on Chris Paul again hahahah and eliminate his ass

Wally450
03-25-2021, 03:08 PM
Now Rondo can spit on Chris Paul again hahahah and eliminate his ass

Just don't blow a 3-1 lead after saying you'd leave if they lose.

tpols
03-25-2021, 03:38 PM
Major playoff upgrade.

Akeem34TheDream
03-25-2021, 03:43 PM
Clippers now have playmaking and rim protection. They had neither last year.

pandiani17
03-25-2021, 03:46 PM
On paper, it seems like a huge asset for the Clippers. They really look like a championship team right now.

HBK_Kliq_2
03-25-2021, 03:49 PM
Just don't blow a 3-1 lead after saying you'd leave if they lose.

Go reach .500 and we can talk.

HBK_Kliq_2
03-25-2021, 03:52 PM
Major playoff upgrade.

Exactly. Rondo\Kawhi actually have in common, they both led aging stars to the finals in the early 2010s (celtics in 2010 and spurs in 2013,14).

Rondo's per 36 playoff numbers last season: 13 points, 10 assists, 6 rebounds, 2 steals. He was even 40% from 3 point line! bubble hoops i guess but all he needs to do on clippers is dribble and pass.

tpols
03-25-2021, 03:56 PM
Exactly. Rondo\Kawhi actually have in common, they both led aging stars to the finals in the early 2010s (celtics in 2010 and spurs in 2013,14).

Rondo's per 36 playoff numbers last season: 13 points, 10 assists, 6 rebounds, 2 steals. He was even 40% from 3 point line! bubble hoops i guess but all he needs to do on clippers is dribble and pass.

Meanwhile Lou Williams, supposed a way better shooter, shot 23% from 3pt range in the playoffs last year with the Clippers. He killed you guys. Only good at one thing and cant even do it right when it matters.

Xiao Yao You
03-25-2021, 04:05 PM

he will be left open so he needs to hit open shots

RRR3
03-25-2021, 04:05 PM
Rondo is completely washed up. Sure he can look good if Papa Bron is there to inspire him, but otherwise he’s trash.

DoctorP
03-25-2021, 04:07 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-HtjNEfPJ2jg/UFIaaoDCgFI/AAAAAAAAC5Y/ADjy05qvZ8s/s1600/Alonzo-Mourning.gif

HBK_Kliq_2
03-25-2021, 04:12 PM
Rondo is completely washed up. Sure he can look good if Papa Bron is there to inspire him, but otherwise he’s trash.

Rondo\Anthony Davis beat the Durant Warriors more then you did in 2018 and he whooped your ass in 2010 as the leading scorer.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/2010-nba-eastern-conference-semifinals-celtics-vs-cavaliers.html

Now Rondo will be in the playoffs and Lebron most likely will not. Looks like Rondo got the last laugh.

Axe
03-25-2021, 04:31 PM
Rajon rondo has a better, natural leadership on the court than the flaw.

red1
03-25-2021, 04:33 PM
hahaha no excuses now. "we just need a pointguard we just need a pointguard."

well you got your pointguard now

cant wait to watch them flop again.

HBK_Kliq_2
03-25-2021, 04:39 PM
hahaha no excuses now. "we just need a pointguard we just need a pointguard."

well you got your pointguard now

cant wait to watch them flop again.

A top 10 passer ever just joined the best shooting offense ever. You ready to join the Kawhi Leonard kiss my ass club after his 3rd finals MVP? PUCKER UP.

Meanwhile, raptors not even in the playoff picture and holding onto washed up Lowry like he's some prized possession hahahaha what an embarrassment.

HBK_Kliq_2
03-25-2021, 04:40 PM
he will be left open so he needs to hit open shots

Lou Williams couldn't in the playoffs either and was like 10x worse passer\floor general\playoff performer, so i still like our chances.

Xiao Yao You
03-25-2021, 04:41 PM
Lou Williams couldn't in the playoffs either and was like 10x worse passer\floor general\playoff performer, so i still like our chances.

and they lost with Williams not hitting shots

Kiddlovesnets
03-25-2021, 04:49 PM
This is a good trade for Clippers, exactly what they need.

999Guy
03-25-2021, 04:53 PM
A top 10 passer ever just joined the best shooting offense ever. You ready to join the Kawhi Leonard kiss my ass club after his 3rd finals MVP? PUCKER UP.

Meanwhile, raptors not even in the playoff picture and holding onto washed up Lowry like he's some prized possession hahahaha what an embarrassment.

Top 10 passer ever? Do you know how many guys had entire careers getting rondo assists? Do you know why rondo assists is a term you can google?

Do you know how many guys COULD HAVE settled for a rondo career if they had a shooting disability. A ton. A ton of ****ing guys.

Rondo sucks. He wasn’t even good in the bubble overall. He has been getting raped on defense for years now. And not gonna stop in LAC.

LAC did not need a playmaker. They needed more defenders. And they still don’t have it.

HylianNightmare
03-25-2021, 05:22 PM
Let's ****ing gooo

SATAN
03-25-2021, 06:17 PM

Bet your posting privileges on it again :facepalm

theaussieguy
03-25-2021, 06:19 PM
Top 10 passer ever? Do you know how many guys had entire careers getting rondo assists? Do you know why rondo assists is a term you can google?

Do you know how many guys COULD HAVE settled for a rondo career if they had a shooting disability. A ton. A ton of ****ing guys.

Rondo sucks. He wasn’t even good in the bubble overall. He has been getting raped on defense for years now. And not gonna stop in LAC.

LAC did not need a playmaker. They needed more defenders. And they still don’t have it.

They never learn lol

Boston, No, Bulls, Lakers.

Tremendous value add in the play-offs for each of these teams with Rondo

HBK_Kliq_2
03-25-2021, 06:31 PM

Rondo has had a borderline hall of fame career, he won 1 ring in 2008 and was all star level, he was the best player on Celtics 2010 game 7 finals team, he won a ring in 2020 as 3rd best player. Rondo defense was good in last years playoffs as well, he was harassing James Harden a lot. Rondo is one of those guys who increase their level of performance in playoffs. Total career assists for playoffs rondo is at #6 and close to inside top 5.

Right now clippers don't need anything, they are the greatest offense ever at 118.3.

But playoffs clippers need an extra playmaker to help baby Paul George when he goes through his up and downs.

Clippers defense is elite when Kawhi/Beverly/Ibaka/George are on the floor and all those guys improve in playoffs and will be getting more minutes in playoffs. Their defense will be fine.

Xiao Yao You
03-25-2021, 06:38 PM
Rondo has had a borderline hall of fame career, he won 1 ring in 2008 and was all star level, he was the best player on Celtics 2010 game 7 finals team, he won a ring in 2020 as 3rd best player. Rondo defense was good in last years playoffs as well, he was harassing James Harden a lot. Rondo is one of those guys who increase their level of performance in playoffs. Total career assists for playoffs rondo is at #6 and close to inside top 5.

Right now clippers don't need anything, they are the greatest offense ever at 118.3.

But playoffs clippers need an extra playmaker to help baby Paul George when he goes through his up and downs.

Clippers defense is elite when Kawhi/Beverly/Ibaka/George are on the floor and all those guys improve in playoffs and will be getting more minutes in playoffs. Their defense will be fine.

Considering what a joke the HOF is he might be but certainly not an all time great which is who should make up the HOF

HBK_Kliq_2
03-25-2021, 07:36 PM
Considering what a joke the HOF is he might be but certainly not an all time great which is who should make up the HOF

If he wins his 3rd ring with clippers and is 3rd best player, i would put him over a guy like Isiah Thomas due to longevity and better career playoff assists numbers. Rondo has been pretty much playing the hawks all season. I'm sure Rondo told Kawhi "I will sign with Hawks to make more money but just play like shit and pretend i'm hurt all season to load manage, then you trade for me at the deadline and trade chicken wing lou"

The plan is working for Clippers landing Rondo as they been chasing him for a year now.

Xiao Yao You
03-25-2021, 07:44 PM
If he wins his 3rd ring with clippers and is 3rd best player, i would put him over a guy like Isiah Thomas due to longevity and better career playoff assists numbers. Rondo has been pretty much playing the hawks all season. I'm sure Rondo told Kawhi "I will sign with Hawks to make more money but just play like shit and pretend i'm hurt all season to load manage, then you trade for me at the deadline and trade chicken wing lou"

The plan is working for Clippers landing Rondo as they been chasing him for a year now.

yeah he's better than Isiah :roll:

k0kakw0rld
03-25-2021, 09:35 PM
Lou said he will retire if he's traded. Bro you going back home. No way he's retiring noww

falconfan13
03-25-2021, 11:00 PM
Thank god for getting rid of that trash Rondo off the Hawks. I would have given up a 2nd round pick for anyone to take him much less getting something back. This is addition by subtraction and Lou is quite liked in Atlanta he usually plays well when he is a hawk. Rondo was just straight garbage for us and a waste of cap space. One of my least liked players on the Hawks ever and im mad they didn't find a way to take Solomon Hill with him.

RRR3
03-25-2021, 11:02 PM
Saying you’d put Rondo over Isiah Thomas is permaban worthy.

tpols
03-25-2021, 11:10 PM
They never learn lol

Boston, No, Bulls, Lakers.

Tremendous value add in the play-offs for each of these teams with Rondo

Yup... his playoff value is tremendous.

HBK_Kliq_2
03-25-2021, 11:11 PM
Saying you’d put Rondo over Isiah Thomas is permaban worthy.

Not peak for peak but career value it could be debatable if Rondo wins a ring or two with clippers. Rondo was a way better defender in his prime, way better passer, will end up with way more total career assists and now on clippers will likely end up with more rings. For career value it is debatable because Isiah's longevity sucked so bad. Isiah pretty much never did anything significant after 1990.

HBK_Kliq_2
03-25-2021, 11:15 PM
Yup... his playoff value is tremendous.

Rondo was also up 2-0 in the playoff series in 2017 vs celtics, he got injured and his team ended up losing 4 straight.

Swept Lillard blazers in 2018, had a 21 assist win over Durant Warriors, he was also the x factor in the lakers 2020 title.

Pretty much hasn't lost a playoff series from 2015-present besides to Durant Warriors.

tpols
03-25-2021, 11:28 PM
Rondo was also up 2-0 in the playoff series in 2017 vs celtics, he got injured and his team ended up losing 4 straight.

Swept Lillard blazers in 2018, had a 21 assist win over Durant Warriors, he was also the x factor in the lakers 2020 title.

Pretty much hasn't lost a playoff series from 2015-present besides to Durant Warriors.

He's also the only reason the geriatric 2012 Celtics were still a playoff force. His control with the ball, defense, and competitive fire are off the charts. And when teams dare him to shoot he makes them PAY. Everybody has always done that and Rondo has made them pay. His competitiveness is at a level where if you disrespect him with a hard sag, he'll jay you.

Xiao Yao You
03-25-2021, 11:37 PM
Not peak for peak but career value it could be debatable if Rondo wins a ring or two with clippers. Rondo was a way better defender in his prime, way better passer, will end up with way more total career assists and now on clippers will likely end up with more rings. For career value it is debatable because Isiah's longevity sucked so bad. Isiah pretty much never did anything significant after 1990.

there's no debate. Isiah is one of the best pg's ever and led a team to back to back titles. Rondo has been a role player. Isiah had 9 assists a game for his career including a high of 14 and 4 seasons above 10. One of the great passers. One of the best big game players. Horry has more rings than Thomas too. Put up over 15 points and 7 assists a game after '90. 13 year career. His longevity was fine.

Taurus
03-25-2021, 11:53 PM

No it absolutely could not

HBK_Kliq_2
03-25-2021, 11:54 PM
He's also the only reason the geriatric 2012 Celtics were still a playoff force. His control with the ball, defense, and competitive fire are off the charts. And when teams dare him to shoot he makes them PAY. Everybody has always done that and Rondo has made them pay. His competitiveness is at a level where if you disrespect him with a hard sag, he'll jay you.

And he's still two years younger then 2011 Jason Kidd was

iamgine
03-25-2021, 11:57 PM
Lets hope playoff Rondo shows up again this season.

HBK_Kliq_2
03-25-2021, 11:57 PM
there's no debate. Isiah is one of the best pg's ever and led a team to back to back titles. Rondo has been a role player. Isiah had 9 assists a game for his career including a high of 14 and 4 seasons above 10. One of the great passers. One of the best big game players. Horry has more rings than Thomas too. Put up over 15 points and 7 assists a game after '90. 13 year career. His longevity was fine.

Rondo led the Celtics in VORP during their 2010 finals run, that's not a role player. They also would of won in a normal year but had to face Kobe/Gasol/Artest/Odom super team.

Taurus
03-26-2021, 12:00 AM
Rondo led the Celtics in VORP during their 2010 finals run, that's not a role player. They also would of won in a normal year but had to face Kobe/Gasol/Artest/Odom super team.

Trust me, as a guy that believes Rondo is the most underrated PG of the 2010s, he has absolutely no debate over Isiah

Axe
03-26-2021, 01:16 AM
Trust me, as a guy that believes Rondo is the most underrated PG of the 2010s, he has absolutely no debate over Isiah
He considers kawhi the goat but for sure he's going to blame rondo (aka cp3) once something bad happens to the clippers in the upcoming playoffs.

TheGoatest
03-26-2021, 05:28 AM
He considers kawhi the goat but for sure he's going to blame rondo (aka cp3) once something bad happens to the clippers in the upcoming playoffs.

He was saying that the Clippers loss last season was because of Harrell.

Harrell in game 7 against the Nuggets: 20 pts on 7-10 in 26 minutes
Ka-CHOKE in game 7 against the Nuggets: 14 pts on 6-22 in 43 minutes

Yep, sure looks like Harrell is the one to blame. :oldlol:

Axe
03-26-2021, 05:36 AM
He was saying that the Clippers loss last season was because of Harrell.

Harrell in game 7 against the Nuggets: 20 pts on 7-10 in 26 minutes
Ka-CHOKE in game 7 against the Nuggets: 14 pts on 6-22 in 43 minutes

Yep, sure looks like Harrell is the one to blame. :oldlol:
And he blamed doc rivers too lmfao. What's more, he excuses kawhi for losing 'because the bubble made him so depressed that it was better to lose in the earlier rounds' when other contending teams and their respective players underwent the same conditions as well last year. He said he'd also leave the board if they lose to the nuggets which they did but he never made it true. What a sore loser.

Smoke117
03-26-2021, 06:13 AM

And that’d matter if it was 9 years ago and Rondo wasn’t completely washed now, dipshit.

Smoke117
03-26-2021, 06:15 AM
And he's still two years younger then 2011 Jason Kidd was

Lol And I and anyone with a brain would take 2011 Kidd over current Rondo any day of the week. Current Rondo is basically a lazy and inferior version of 11 Kidd.

jayfan
03-26-2021, 08:30 AM
Another thread filled with dudes exposing themselves with ignorant Rondo takes.

Great move by LAC. They are now a legit contender.

jayfan
03-26-2021, 08:33 AM
Lol And I and anyone with a brain would take 2011 Kidd over current Rondo any day of the week. Current Rondo is basically a lazy and inferior version of 11 Kidd.

Can you imagine this guy's fury if Rondo accomplishes for LAC what CP3 was never able to?

:lol

tpols
03-26-2021, 10:21 AM
And that’d matter if it was 9 years ago and Rondo wasn’t completely washed now, dipshit.

Think you're gonna hit the bottle, hop on this site, and troll me you son of a bitch? I'm untrollable. Rondo put up great splits last year in the playoffs and averaged about what 2011 Jason Kidd did in their run.

Micku
03-26-2021, 02:12 PM
Rondo's better than nothing. Playoff Rondo will be help playoff P get into his grove lol. If Rondo can still activate that next gear in the playoffs.

I feel like they really need Kyle Lowry. Lonzo would've been great, but I feel like he lacks the experience and vocal leadership that Kyle and Rondo would have on the court. At least right now. But you'll never know.

But I suppose another bright side for Lou being traded is that Luke Kennard and Mann could play more. Although you would hate to see Lou go. He wasn't playing as well this season as before. But Lue didn't give him enough mins either to be fair.

Axe
03-26-2021, 05:37 PM
Can you imagine this guy's fury if Rondo accomplishes for LAC what CP3 was never able to?

:lol
Aren't they the same guy? Jk.

Chick Stern
03-26-2021, 06:57 PM
I can’t wait to see the friction that’ll occur as Rondo witnesses the coddling of the two “stars”.
Playoff Rondo is real, but so is a$$hole Rondo.

clipps
03-27-2021, 04:14 AM
Toss salads, fakkets. Clipjoint.