PDA

View Full Version : TRADE: Matt Thomas traded to Utah for a 2nd round pick

Im Still Ballin
03-25-2021, 03:05 PM
Raptors trade guard Matt Thomas to Jazz:

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=25557

Xiao Yao You
03-25-2021, 03:19 PM
Disappointing if this is it. No roster spaces available for Otto Porter buy out. Would have to cut Ersan. Bojan, Clarkson, Favors and Hughes still on team. Another shooter for the end of the bench. Looks like that is all he does. Non guaranteed deal next year which could be useful

Manny98
03-25-2021, 04:19 PM
Anything less than the conference finals is a huge disappointment for Rudy

Xiao Yao You
03-25-2021, 04:23 PM
Anything less than the conference finals is a huge disappointment for Rudy

Be overachieving with this squad especially considering what the Clippers, Denver and Suns have done

RRR3
03-25-2021, 05:08 PM
Be overachieving with this squad especially considering what the Clippers, Denver and Suns have done
Rudy is simultaneously the modern Bill Russell and yet he isn’t even expected to make it past the first round. Odd.

Xiao Yao You
03-25-2021, 05:29 PM
Rudy is simultaneously the modern Bill Russell and yet he isn’t even expected to make it past the first round. Odd.

Who they playing in the first round? The Lakers? Again with Russell. :facepalm

Russell played with how many HOFers including his coach? Things change

Manny98
03-25-2021, 05:45 PM
If Rudy is as good as you make him out to be then getting to at least the conference finals should be no problem

Im so nba'd out
03-25-2021, 05:55 PM
Sixers trade for a 40% 3 point shooter
Clippers trade for future hall of famer Rajon Rondo
Lakers prepare for Andre Drummond buy out
Nuggets trade for Gordon and Javale McGee
Blazers trade for Stormin Norman
Heat get Dipo
(not to mention all the moves that were made before the deadline by championship contenders)

Jazz decide to stand pat thinking they have enough for a championship already.....they do not. Every other championship contender swings for the fences...The jazz trade for Matt Thomas....Who Matt Thomas is....i dont know? But good luck to all the teams in the league may the best team win

Xiao Yao You
03-25-2021, 06:15 PM
If Rudy is as good as you make him out to be then getting to at least the conference finals should be no problem

He's one of the best players in the league. Not everyone of the best players can be in the conference finals.

Manny98
03-25-2021, 06:38 PM
He's one of the best players in the league. Not everyone of the best players can be in the conference finals.
First seed in the West, one of the deepest rosters in the NBA

No excuses

Xiao Yao You
03-25-2021, 06:39 PM
First seed in the West, one of the deepest rosters in the NBA

No excuses

Mitchell, Bojan, Clarkson, Favors, Snyder and no PF. Plenty of excuses

Manny98
03-25-2021, 06:43 PM
Mitchell - All star averaging 25ppg
Conley - All star
Royce - one of the best 3+D players in the league
Bogdan - solid offensive 4
Rudy - best center in the NBA

Clarkson - runaway 6moy candidate
Ingles - great bench piece
Niang - best 9th man in the NBA
Favours - one of the best backup Centers in the league
Snyder - arguably coach of the year this year

Utah are loaded, conference finals minimum

fsvr54
03-25-2021, 06:47 PM
Conley - All star

You missed Matt Thomas, one of the best shooters on Earth.

Xiao Yao You
03-25-2021, 06:48 PM
Conley - All star

Mitchell low efficiency, high TO, no D
Bojan is good for nothing but shooting and he's not been that good at that
Clarkson not running away with 6th man with his recent play. A gunner that doesn't play within the system and plays little D
Favors getting roasted nightly for 10 million a year
COTM in way over his head

RRR3
03-25-2021, 07:33 PM
I love how Xiao thinks it’s more egregious to say Favors is a great backup than saying Toody is the better center in the league.

Manny98
03-25-2021, 07:38 PM
You missed Matt Thomas, one of the best shooters on Earth.

Deepest team in the league and it's not close

Their 6th man can drop 40 on one of the best defensive teams in the league

https://youtu.be/RWGYk4y_i2M

Mask the Embiid
03-25-2021, 07:41 PM
Mitchell low efficiency, high TO, no D
Bojan is good for nothing but shooting and he's not been that good at that
Clarkson not running away with 6th man with his recent play. A gunner that doesn't play within the system and plays little D
Favors getting roasted nightly for 10 million a year
COTM in way over his head

Its championship or bust baby boi no matter how bad you try to talk down the team....Deepest team in the league, Tooty's knees are gonna buckle from the immense pressure....sacre bleu

Xiao Yao You
03-25-2021, 07:42 PM
I love how Xiao thinks it’s more egregious to say Favors is a great backup than saying Toody is the better center in the league.

Rudy's not the better center than Favors?

Xiao Yao You
03-25-2021, 07:43 PM
Deepest team in the league and it's not close

Their 6th man can drop 40 on one of the best defensive teams in the league

https://youtu.be/RWGYk4y_i2M

the 6th man can go 1-11 from 3

Manny98
03-25-2021, 07:44 PM
He won't even admit that AD is better than Gobert let alone Jokic & Embiid :lol

Manny98
03-25-2021, 07:46 PM
the 6th man can go 1-11 from 3
And the "best center in the NBA" went 2-10 from the free throw line in a loss to the Wizards

Your point?

RRR3
03-25-2021, 07:49 PM
He won't even admit that AD is better than Gobert let alone Jokic & Embiid :lol
I’m not sure he could even admit LeBron is better than Rudy at this point. He’s psychotically devoted to Rudy.

RRR3
03-25-2021, 07:50 PM
Its championship or bust baby boi no matter how bad you try to talk down the team....Deepest team in the league, Tooty's knees are gonna buckle from the immense pressure....sacre bleu
:roll: :roll: :roll:

RRR3
03-25-2021, 07:51 PM
Rudy's not the better center than Favors?
Oh he’s definitely better than Favors. But the post called him the best center in the league and you apparently thought there was nothing wrong with that.

Xiao Yao You
03-25-2021, 07:52 PM
And the "best center in the NBA" went 2-10 from the free throw line in a loss to the Wizards

Your point?

who's quote is that? Yours? RR3? GOBB? Proctor?

Xiao Yao You
03-25-2021, 07:53 PM
Oh he’s definitely better than Favors. But the post called him the best center in the league and you apparently thought there was nothing wrong with that.

Can't argue every point with you trolls. I do have a life outside ISH believe it or not

Manny98
03-25-2021, 07:57 PM
You literally voted Gobert in a thread of who's better between Embiid and Rudy :lol

Plus you don't seem to deny him being the best big in the NBA

RRR3
03-25-2021, 07:58 PM
Reading your posts generally gives one the impression you think he’s the best center in the NBA. If you don’t, feel free to tell us who you think is better.

Xiao Yao You
03-25-2021, 07:58 PM
You literally voted Gobert in a thread of who's better between Embiid and Rudy :lol

Plus you don't seem to deny him being the best big in the NBA

As you know I've said many times I'd rather have the guy that plays than the China doll. Good luck counting on Embiid to even be on the floor when you need him most

Xiao Yao You
03-25-2021, 07:59 PM
Reading your posts generally gives one the impression you think he’s the best center in the NBA. If you don’t, feel free to tell us who you think is better.

Reading my posts you obviously get an impression of a lot of things I don't say. Quite the vivid imagination

RRR3
03-25-2021, 08:01 PM
Manny,

He literally refuses to name a single center he thinks is better than Gobert and he expects us to think he doesn’t think Gobert is the best center.

Can’t make this shit up.

RRR3
03-25-2021, 08:01 PM
As you know I've said many times I'd rather have the guy that plays than the China doll. Good luck counting on Embiid to even be on the floor when you need him most
The question in the poll was who was better, not who you’d “rather have”. You still voted for Rudy.

Manny98
03-25-2021, 08:06 PM
Ok when healthy rank these 3.

Jokic
Embiid
Rudy

Xiao Yao You
03-25-2021, 08:55 PM
Manny,

He literally refuses to name a single center he thinks is better than Gobert and he expects us to think he doesn’t think Gobert is the best center.

Can’t make this shit up.

I'm not the one that said it :facepalm

Xiao Yao You
03-25-2021, 08:55 PM
The question in the poll was who was better, not who you’d “rather have”. You still voted for Rudy.

yep I voted Rudy because I'd rather him him than a China Doll. Take that however you want

RRR3
03-25-2021, 09:00 PM

Jokic
Embiid
Rudy
*Xiao runs away and hides*

Manny98
03-26-2021, 04:22 AM

Jokic
Embiid
Rudy
Xiao?

Why you keep on duckiing the simple question

Manny98
03-26-2021, 02:54 PM
*Xiao runs away and hides*
I think he genuinely believes that Rudy is Tim Duncan level as a center because everytime I ask him if he's better than Jokic & Embiid he completely avoids the question
He won't even admit that Shaq is better than Rudy

RRR3
03-26-2021, 03:06 PM
I think he genuinely believes that Rudy is Tim Duncan level as a center because everytime I ask him if he's better than Jokic & Embiid he completely avoids the question
I mean yeah it’s obvious he thinks Rudy is that level by this point. He can deny it all he want, but the posts are there to be seen. I don’t think he gets that both me and you and everyone else think Rudy is a great player, we just don’t think he’s all-time or anything.

Xiao Yao You
03-26-2021, 03:06 PM

Duncan, Russell, Jabbar, Shaq. Keep em coming! You guys are too much :roll:

Manny98
03-26-2021, 04:18 PM
Duncan, Russell, Jabbar, Shaq. Keep em coming! You guys are too much :roll:
Ok then rank the 3 players I posted earlier, it takes 2 seconds