PDA

View Full Version : TRADE: Victor Oladipo traded to Miami for Avery Bradley, Kelly Olynyk + pick swap

Im Still Ballin
03-25-2021, 03:10 PM
Houston Rockets trade Victor Oladipo to Miami Heat for Avery Bradley and Kelly Olynyk:

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=25542

RRR3
03-25-2021, 03:13 PM
Well he should help the defense although defense isn’t really a problem for Miami. He’s been dreadfully inefficient this year and really he only has had one year where he played like a star, so I’m not super excited for this if Miami is giving him a star amount of shots. If he has a smaller role he should be fine but I don’t want him taking a lot of shots until he proves he can be efficient.

fsvr54
03-25-2021, 03:16 PM
Well he should help the defense although defense isn’t really a problem for Miami. He’s been dreadfully inefficient this year and really he only has had one year where he played like a star, so I’m not super excited for this if Miami is giving him a star amount of shots. If he has a smaller role he should be fine but I don’t want him taking a lot of shots until he proves he can be efficient.

He shouldn't be taking more shots than Jimmy and Bam, also gotta share with Bjelica and Herro.

Dr. Cheesesteak
03-25-2021, 03:27 PM
Crazy to think Rockets were 3-1 w/ Dipo + Wall + Wood all playing in the same game. Team was really good. Injuries just killed them. Sad, really.

Xiao Yao You
03-25-2021, 03:30 PM
Crazy to think Rockets were 3-1 w/ Dipo + Wall + Wood all playing in the same game. Team was really good. Injuries just killed them. Sad, really.

small sample size

beasted
03-25-2021, 03:36 PM
I wonder what the lineup looks like?

Oladipo at PG?

Either way, Pat is a BOSS!

Dr. Cheesesteak
03-25-2021, 03:37 PM
small sample size
but...still a fact... :basketball

Mask the Embiid
03-25-2021, 03:42 PM
Heat fans about to be devastated when they see Oladipo for what he is :oldlol:

Xiao Yao You
03-25-2021, 03:43 PM
but...still a fact... :basketball

who did they beat? Home? Away? Wall and Oladipo haven't been healthy for a long time so it was expected

RRR3
03-25-2021, 03:43 PM
Heat fans about to be devastated when they see Oladipo for what he is :oldlol:
Dude had one great year and people think he’s still that player.

DoctorP
03-25-2021, 03:54 PM
Oladipo gets a try out in Miami to play with Jimmy.

At this point Nunn is probably a better player.

DoctorP
03-25-2021, 04:14 PM
Olynyk actually isn't total trash but he reached his celiing in Miami and is a solid bench player with an inconsistent shot. 7th or 8th man.

Bradley is too injury prone.

RRR3
03-25-2021, 04:16 PM
Olynyk is an underrated defender but his shot has been off this year which has really hurt his game. Usually he’s a good role player but not this year so far.

FireDavidKahn
03-25-2021, 04:18 PM
The Houston Rockets managed to turn James Harden in Kelly Olynyk, Avery Bradley and Dante Exum. That’s some seriously dark alchemy shit they’re performing down in H-Town.

Xiao Yao You
03-25-2021, 04:19 PM
The Houston Rockets managed to turn James Harden in Kelly Olynyk, Avery Bradley and Dante Exum. That’s some seriously dark alchemy shit they’re performing down in H-Town.

Exum :roll:

ArbitraryWater
03-25-2021, 04:22 PM
Very good player in a vacuum but not sure how he fits into the Heat..

Axe
03-25-2021, 04:29 PM
Teats need moar help after getting torched in 2020 finals

RRR3
03-25-2021, 05:10 PM
Exum :roll:
For once we agree.

HylianNightmare
03-25-2021, 05:21 PM
Dipo only had one great season

DoctorP
03-25-2021, 05:39 PM
After watching some highlights of Oladipo I am now thinking he is a level above Nunn, even in his post-injury form. Time will tell but Miami's roster is stacked with good perimeter guys.

None of which can make a shot lately.

beasted
03-25-2021, 06:48 PM
After watching some highlights of Oladipo I am now thinking he is a level above Nunn, even in his post-injury form. Time will tell but Miami's roster is stacked with good perimeter guys.

None of which can make a shot lately.

I think Oladipo is just plain more explosive than any of Dragić, Nunn, or Herro, and he's a better defender than all 3 too.

He's definitely a value add and will make the HEAT better. I just wish they would have had more time before the deadline to plug their need for a stretch 4 if they knew they were getting Oladipo. Jaymychal Green would have been an excellent target now that Gordon, Porter Jr., and Millsap will all be in the rotation ahead of him.

Xiao Yao You
03-25-2021, 06:53 PM
I think Oladipo is just plain more explosive than any of Dragić, Nunn, or Herro, and he's a better defender than all 3 too.

He's definitely a value add and will make the HEAT better. I just wish they would have had more time before the deadline to plug their need for a stretch 4 if they knew they were getting Oladipo. Jaymychal Green would have been an excellent target now that Gordon, Porter Jr., and Millsap will all be in the rotation ahead of him.

they're probably getting Aldridge

DoctorP
03-25-2021, 06:59 PM

They should keep an eye on the situation if he's good but bodied out of the rotation. I am not familiar with him.

Reggie43
03-25-2021, 07:27 PM
Even during their playoff series he wanted to come to the heat being extra friendly with them during losses. Slap in the face to his teammates back then but atleast he got what he wanted.

Axe
03-25-2021, 07:49 PM

Oladipo has had grave injuries in his career. You should much they have diminished hin.

beasted
03-25-2021, 08:01 PM
They should keep an eye on the situation if he's good but bodied out of the rotation. I am not familiar with him.
Green is a gritty PF/SF, shooting over 40% from 3PT. Not eye popping numbers but just like Crowder is exactly what Miami could use. Maybe Miami is sold Ariza & Iggy are enough, but I'm not.

beasted
03-25-2021, 08:06 PM
Oladipo has had grave injuries in his career. You should much they have diminished hin.

I didn't mean explosive as far as athleticism. I meant explosive in volume scoring. He can easily have multiple 25+ point games for the HEAT while the other 3 not as confident they can.

Miami just needs to manage his shot selection. But Oladipo's last 10 games he has shooting splits of 44/37/82 with 26 PPG. Maybe trending in the right direction at the right time.