PDA

View Full Version : What would the NBA be like right now if they got rid of the 3 point line?

Walk on Water
03-27-2021, 07:14 AM
I wonder if players would still take 3 point range shots even if they got rid of the line. They're so used to playing that way. I would like to see what players are really made of. There are too many 3 pointers now. Honestly, 3 pointers should maybe only be able to be used after the second half. We gotta limit them. Limit the 3s via new rules and we'll have a more balanced game.

Another option would be to penalize teams for missing too many 3s. Like lose a timeout or get a technical.

Lebron23
03-27-2021, 07:51 AM
I wonder if players would still take 3 point range shots even if they got rid of the line. They're so used to playing that way. I would like to see what players are really made of. There are too many 3 pointers now. Honestly, 3 pointers should maybe only be able to be used after the second half. We gotta limit them. Limit the 3s via new rules and we'll have a more balanced game.

Another option would be to penalize teams for missing too many 3s. Like lose a timeout or get a technical.

Nothing wrong with the current NBA. It's not the modern players fault that the 1990's and 2000's nba player never utilized the 3 points range.

Airupthere
03-27-2021, 08:42 AM
In the future when the game changes again and finds more balance, people would look back at how stupidly everyone is just shooting 3s now and lacked other skills.

Marchesk
03-27-2021, 10:22 AM
This wouldn't happen:

https://i.postimg.cc/1tG0tFD4/zion-left-wide-open-from-3.png

bullettooth
03-27-2021, 11:30 AM
Players wouldn't know what to do. It'd be like taking a cell phone away from a millennial.

Patrick Chewing
03-27-2021, 11:42 AM
Centers would rise to the top again. Shaq would probably come out of retirement.

Micku
03-27-2021, 08:28 PM
Centers would be valuable. More post play. Probably not as much small ball.

SATAN
03-27-2021, 09:08 PM
Centers would rise to the top again. Shaq would probably come out of retirement.

No he wouldn't.

Axe
03-28-2021, 12:12 AM
Players wouldn't know what to do. It'd be like taking a cell phone away from a millennial.
Op's hero steph curry will be held helpless as well :cry: