PDA

View Full Version : How many ppg does greek score in the 90's?

Bronbron23
03-27-2021, 02:59 PM
Had an interesting debate with someone talking about greek and pip and it got me wondering how greek would fare in the more slowed pace half court 90's. It seems like it be his kryptonite. He'd be getting walled up almost everytime down the floor and without a consistent shot, mid game or post game he'd have a hard time getting baskets. I say he averages around 22-24 pts a game.

mehyaM24
03-27-2021, 03:01 PM
he's a worse shooter than pippen & with HOF 90s bigs, playing at a slug pace, there wouldn't be as many free points. giannis would maxout at 22 per game.

Xiao Yao You
03-27-2021, 03:16 PM
Hard to say since he'd be working on his post up game and mid range shot if he played then

Bronbron23
03-27-2021, 03:25 PM
Hard to say since he'd be working on his post up game and mid range shot if he played then

Yeah true but he's working on it now and it's still suspect. I'm actually a huge greek fan and tbh i thought by now his mid range and post game would be more developed than it is.

97 bulls
03-27-2021, 03:49 PM

Lol. But you're not gonna apply the same logic in the Pippen/Leonard thread?

dankok8
03-27-2021, 03:53 PM
Reduce his TS by about 3% because the league average is 3% lower. So about 27 ppg instead of 29 ppg. That's still pretty great.

999Guy
03-27-2021, 03:57 PM
As many as he wants.

That dude moves like a SF and is close to the size of Rudy Gobert essentially.

Way better handle than a massive handed big man should have.

His face up game would be deadly in any era. He’d also crash the offensive boards more back then.

Xiao Yao You
03-27-2021, 04:01 PM
Lol. But you're not gonna apply the same logic in the Pippen/Leonard thread?

Sure Pippen would work on his 3 point game. If he's able to hit them he's a different player. If not he's left open

97 bulls
03-27-2021, 04:12 PM
Sure Pippen would work on his 3 point game. If he's able to hit them he's a different player. If not he's left open

So what would Pippens numbers look like in todays league?

HBK_Kliq_2
03-27-2021, 04:13 PM
I don't see how he would do any worse then David Robinson. Stronger, more athletic, better finisher. Just replace him with Barkley on the 1993 bulls, they were a fast pace team.

Xiao Yao You
03-27-2021, 04:14 PM

Wasn't much of a scorer when shooting didn't matter as much so I wouldn't expect much from him. Something like Rubio except being able to finish

HBK_Kliq_2
03-27-2021, 04:14 PM

Pippen isn't a guy you should judge by looking at stats but he's clearly a worse scorer then Jimmy Butler who's averaging 21PPG on 58% TS right now.

tpols
03-27-2021, 04:38 PM

This.

The league has gifted him free rim runs and dunks for years now with lack of rim protectors and abundance of spacing. In the 90s he'd be forced to adapt and develop maybe a tear drop game or learn to use the glass. He'd be a different player due to external circumstance.

JohnMax
03-27-2021, 04:45 PM
Shaq had 3 point shooters around him. Unless you bastards are saying NBA teams would sabotage him and not build a similar team around him.

He'd dominate like he does now except people would be more in awe because they would've never seen someone like him. He stands out less today because there are too many dribble drive players who start their offense at 3 point line.

tpols
03-27-2021, 04:47 PM
Shaq had 3 point shooters around him. Unless you bastards are saying NBA teams would sabotage him and not build a similar team around him.

He'd dominate like he does now except people would be more in awe because they would've never seen someone like him. He stands out less because there are too many dribble drive players who start their offense at 3 point line.

Shaq dominated from the post and weighed far more than Giannis. Shaq had nice smooth footwork and could dominate off 1-2 dribbles. Giannis plays nothing like that. He needs a 3-4 dribble rev just get going and he likes to start outside. He has nowhere close to Shaq's inside game.

97 bulls
03-27-2021, 04:56 PM
Wasn't much of a scorer when shooting didn't matter as much so I wouldn't expect much from him. Something like Rubio except being able to finish

I didn't ask that. Give me some numbers.

97 bulls
03-27-2021, 04:57 PM
Pippen isn't a guy you should judge by looking at stats but he's clearly a worse scorer then Jimmy Butler who's averaging 21PPG on 58% TS right now.

Give me some numbers.

Manny98
03-27-2021, 05:20 PM
Pippen = Rubio now :facepalm

Bronbron23
03-27-2021, 05:25 PM
As many as he wants.

That dude moves like a SF and is close to the size of Rudy Gobert essentially.

Way better handle than a massive handed big man should have.

His face up game would be deadly in any era. He’d also crash the offensive boards more back then.

But his face up game isn't deadly now so why would it be deadly in harder to score era's

3ball
03-27-2021, 05:53 PM
Giannis would be a center in the 90's with no touch, so he wouldn't be a go-to player on the post

Shawn Kemp would be his ceiling (Giannis has less touch but more size)

Similar to Kemp, he would be a center trapped in a guard physique, but still strong enough to drop 20/10.

I always felt the 90's big man era stifled Kemp's talent, since he'd be a guard today and an absolute monster

Reggie43
03-27-2021, 07:38 PM
Funny thing is he might be forced to develop into a much better player in the 90s unlike today wherein he basically just barrels his way inside. Thats not happening against traditional froncourts. Imagine him going up against a Knicks frontline of Ewing/Oakley/Mason? Those guys were a few plays away from winning a championship because they were able to contain Olajuwon.

Around 25ppg sounds about right for him given that it is a more slow paced and defensive minded era. He would still be one of the top guys in the league but guys around his position like Olajuwon, Shaq, Drob, Barkley, Malone would be better

SATAN
03-27-2021, 09:15 PM
14ppg role player

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
03-27-2021, 11:07 PM
He'd be worse for sure.

Back then it was more half-court centric with teams playing at a 90ish level pace. So FIBA but with better players and more athleticism. Right now the league average is ~99 and ORTG is way up.

Don't know what Giannis' numbers would be exactly but everything goes down on offense, especially his points. Defensively he would be better for obvious reasons.