PDA

View Full Version : Why hasn't anyone called out Dame for encouraging nepotism?

Mr. Woke
03-28-2021, 01:33 PM
Dame's cousin Keljin Blevins is somehow on a two way contract, despite the fact that he was a literal scrub in the G-League last season (he averaged 4.3 points and 2.8 rebounds in 35 games).

Just to be very clear, there is no hard evidence that he convinced Portland's front office to sign Keljin to a two way contract. I get that Neil Olshey is not that great of a GM, but there is no way he is dumb enough to think that Keljin is worthy of a two way contract. I am positive that Dame influenced the front office to sign his cousin.

For the record, I don't blame the Portland front office for doing that since it is important for teams to keep their stars happy. However, every roster spot is valuable, and wasting a spot on a bum like Keljin is asinine.

Also, the fact that no one in the NBA media has brought this up illustrates the fact that there is a strong Dame bias within the NBA media. I bet that if Kyrie convinced the Nets front office to sign his G-League scrub cousin (if he had one, hypothetically), the NBA media would have criticized him relentlessly (as well as NBA Twitter and sites like RealGM, NBA Reddit, and InsideHoops).

Nepotism is a shameful practice.

clipps
03-28-2021, 01:46 PM
Because no one cares, jackass.

GOBB
03-28-2021, 01:57 PM

You need a female companion my guy

Mr. Woke
03-28-2021, 03:54 PM

The NBA media acts like Dame can do no wrong.

Thenameless
03-28-2021, 08:10 PM
The lowest roster spots are often used for "non-basketball playing" purposes. Haslem on the Heat. Dudley and Kostas on the Lakers.

Mr. Woke
03-28-2021, 10:04 PM
The lowest roster spots are often used for "non-basketball playing" purposes. Haslem on the Heat. Dudley and Kostas on the Lakers.

Every roster spot is valuable and should be filled with guys who can actually contribute.

Keljin has no business being on an NBA roster.

Haslem has no business being on an NBA roster.

Dudley and Kostas have no business being on NBA rosters.

tpols
03-28-2021, 10:15 PM
The whole world is run on nepotism. Why would anyone care about this insignificant bullshit lol. If he really wanted to, he could toss his cousin a few mil with no sweat off his back. He's going to earn 100s of millions over the course of his career.

Mr. Woke
03-28-2021, 11:01 PM
The whole world is run on nepotism. Why would anyone care about this insignificant bullshit lol. If he really wanted to, he could toss his cousin a few mil with no sweat off his back. He's going to earn 100s of millions over the course of his career.

If Kyrie did what Dame did, the NBA media would have trashed him.

However, the NBA media is biased towards Dame, so obviously they aren't gonna criticize him.

tpols
03-28-2021, 11:06 PM

However, the NBA media is biased towards Dame, so obviously they aren't gonna criticize him.

How is the media biased towards Dame? What the **** are you talking about? When has the media overly propped or supported or protected Dame?

Mr. Woke
03-28-2021, 11:13 PM
How is the media biased towards Dame? What the **** are you talking about? When has the media overly propped or supported or protected Dame?

I just stated an example.

JohnMax
03-28-2021, 11:23 PM
Lebron has his posse and family members get special privileges

Jr Smith had his brother on Knicks

Doc Rivers gave a lot of playing time to his son when he was a scrub

Curry has his brother in-law on Warriors. Teams signed his brother to recruit him.

Giannis has multiple brothers in NBA

clutchinho
03-29-2021, 04:53 AM
Looked up this guys stats and he is averaging 0.2 points a game, has a negative PER and a TS% of 18%

He might be the worst player in NBA history.

dawsey6
03-29-2021, 07:25 AM

If all that would have happened is a little media criticism in the midst of a season full of criticism for Kyrie then it'd probably be worth it if he had a cousin in the G-League.

Plus, you see how these "keep-it-in-the-family" narratives are popping up all over the league, right? The Antetokounmpo brothers, the Holiday brothers, the Morris twins, 2nd gen players, speculation that Lebron is going to wait until his son gets drafted before he retires... hell even Kyrie is Rod Strickland's godson.

The NBA loves that ****. There really probably wouldn't be criticism no matter which star it was. Especially one that was notably loyal to their organization when he didn't need to be.

nayte
03-29-2021, 08:04 AM
One could argue LeBron started this when he decided to play with his father in law

Mr. Woke
03-29-2021, 11:54 AM
If all that would have happened is a little media criticism in the midst of a season full of criticism for Kyrie then it'd probably be worth it if he had a cousin in the G-League.

Plus, you see how these "keep-it-in-the-family" narratives are popping up all over the league, right? The Antetokounmpo brothers, the Holiday brothers, the Morris twins, 2nd gen players, speculation that Lebron is going to wait until his son gets drafted before he retires... hell even Kyrie is Rod Strickland's godson.

The NBA loves that ****. There really probably wouldn't be criticism no matter which star it was. Especially one that was notably loyal to their organization when he didn't need to be.

Giannis and Thanasis are legit NBA players (Kostas is borderline, but he is still better than Keljin).

The Morris twins and the Holiday brothers are all legit NBA players.

Mr. Woke
03-29-2021, 11:58 AM
Lebron has his posse and family members get special privileges

Jr Smith had his brother on Knicks

Doc Rivers gave a lot of playing time to his son when he was a scrub

Curry has his brother in-law on Warriors. Teams signed his brother to recruit him.

Giannis has multiple brothers in NBA

For the record, LeBron's entourage should get special privileges. My previous point was that if LBJ convinced a team to sign his bum ass cousin to a contract, more people would be bitching about it.

Even JR's brother was a better player than Keljin.

Austin is a legit NBA player, way better than Keljin.

Damion Lee and Seth Curry are better/more accomplished players than Keljin.

Thanasis is a legit NBA player. Kostas is borderline, but he has been significantly better in the G-League than Keljin.

clipps
03-29-2021, 04:03 PM
The NBA media acts like Dame can do no wrong.

Well, **** the garbage NBA media.

clipps
03-29-2021, 04:07 PM
You need a female companion my guy

https://th.bing.com/th/id/Rca103d78f13e3081fcb35ee4d2cf3c53?rik=CtZKolK%2bKw INYQ&riu=http%3a%2f%2f1.bp.blogspot.com%2f-HtjNEfPJ2jg%2fUFIaaoDCgFI%2fAAAAAAAAC5Y%2fADjy05qv Z8s%2fs1600%2fAlonzo-Mourning.gif&ehk=DMp4D6X%2fVyuSXuhddB9qiDs7Tp0FI02TvMZ5BUBvChA% 3d&risl=&pid=ImgRaw

ArbitraryWater
03-29-2021, 04:36 PM
I just stated an example.

Thats called a hypothetical.

We are waiting on an example for Dame.

mehyaM24
03-29-2021, 05:44 PM
you're whining about something that doesn't affect you and is out of your control.

too much soy in your diet.

Mr. Woke
03-29-2021, 08:13 PM
Thats called a hypothetical.

We are waiting on an example for Dame.

He influenced the Blazers front office to sign his bum ass cousin to a contract.

Mr. Woke
03-29-2021, 08:14 PM
you're whining about something that doesn't affect you and is out of your control.

too much soy in your diet.

By your logic, everyone in this forum who bitches about super teams is doing the same thing.

ArbitraryWater
03-29-2021, 08:14 PM
He influenced the Blazers front office to sign his bum ass cousin to a contract.

You were talking about the media you absolute retard

imdaman99
03-29-2021, 08:31 PM
Lol I didn't even know Dame had a cousin in the NBA. If you go on reddit, Dame is one of the untouchables. Everyone on r/nba thinks Dame is some kinda generational talent or something. I don't like Dame, I respect his superhuman clutch abilities. He torched Westbrook in that series a few years back, but the refs absolutely did not let Russ cover him. It was infuriating that he could snap his head back and the refs rewarded him... in the playoffs :kobe:

Mr. Woke
03-29-2021, 10:16 PM
You were talking about the media you absolute retard

That was another point I made.

The media also loves to ride his cawk.

mehyaM24
03-29-2021, 10:19 PM
By your logic, everyone in this forum who bitches about super teams is doing the same thing.

fans complain about superteams because it puts THEIR team at a disadvantage. bad example.

Mr. Woke
03-29-2021, 10:36 PM
fans complain about superteams because it puts THEIR team at a disadvantage. bad example.

Nope boyo.

Stay coping.

mehyaM24
03-29-2021, 10:43 PM
Nope boyo.

Stay coping.

but that's the truth. if you don't like reality, tough luck.