PDA

View Full Version : [Woahj per Amika] Drummond on his hands and knees begging to sign with Lakers

LAmbruh
03-28-2021, 09:00 PM
Another washed never-has-been looking to go from comfortable starter on Cavs in lEas to spot up Bran ball out /west.

Can't really blame them, most winning'est style of basketball in history despite multiple eras, conferences and franchises. Picking LeBran roster and coaches out of hats.

Chips on chips on chips on chips :applause:

Enjoy the participation bling Dre, turning career losers into champions is wut he do. Ax Dwight, Ax Love, Ax Bosh Ax Mozgov.

Im Still Ballin
03-28-2021, 09:35 PM
Woahj (Bon Jovi voice (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXsmGSnq3lE))

BigKobeFan
03-28-2021, 09:42 PM
Championship or bust

Gohan
03-28-2021, 09:50 PM
Another washed never-has-been looking to go from comfortable starter on Cavs in lEas to spot up Bran ball out /west.

Can't really blame them, most winning'est style of basketball in history despite multiple eras, conferences and franchises. Picking LeBran roster and coaches out of hats.

Enjoy the participation bling Dre, turning career losers into champions is wut he do. Ax Dwight, Ax Love, Ax Bosh Ax Mozgov.

I didn’t see lebron winning ish when iverson was in the league. Lebron feared the answer waited till he was out the league to win championships

Im so nba'd out
03-28-2021, 11:05 PM

https://www.tasteofhome.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/chips-ahoy-2-shutterstock_283389398.jpg

LAmbruh
03-28-2021, 11:43 PM
It's simple, you wanna be the guy that was great mid season towel waiving addition like prime Ronnie Turriaf and fill the awkward Dudley locker room piece role to another

or

You want to be the face of 2021 Halloween cutout cookies

Axe
03-28-2021, 11:44 PM
:hammertime:

dankok8
03-29-2021, 01:12 AM
It's official. Drummond signed with LA.

I don't know why some people are pretending like he's not a difference maker. He's led the league in rebounding 4 times in the last 5 seasons and is a pretty good center defensively. I honestly think a frontcourt of him and Davis is freaking scary... Some teams that are weak inside could get absolutely bullied by Drummond.

Thenameless
03-29-2021, 02:28 AM
Yep. Drummond, AD, and Lebron make up a pretty nasty starting front court. We may not have the best shooters, but we'll make it up on second chance points. And we will absolutely kill any opponent in points in the paint.

light
03-29-2021, 02:42 AM
It's official. Drummond signed with LA.

I don't know why some people are pretending like he's not a difference maker. He's led the league in rebounding 4 times in the last 5 seasons and is a pretty good center defensively. I honestly think a frontcourt of him and Davis is freaking scary... Some teams that are weak inside could get absolutely bullied by Drummond.

Rebounding is not as important as it once was. That's why despite being a dominant rebounding force nobody wanted to give up assets to acquire him.

Offensive rebounding, for example, which Drummond always leads the league - unfortunately for him in 2021 teams prioritize getting back to defend in transition over offensive boards.

The current league average of 9.8 offensive rebounds per game (per 100 poss) is an NBA all time low.

But rebounding still has its place and especially when games slow down and get grindy - like in the playoffs. His old school skillset can still make a big difference in those spots.

In those types of gritty playoff situations I would rather have a rebounding machine in Drummond over a soft outside shooter like Aldridge.

bladefd
03-29-2021, 03:13 AM
Rebounding is not as important as it once was. That's why despite being a dominant rebounding force nobody wanted to give up assets to acquire him.

Offensive rebounding, for example, which Drummond always leads the league - unfortunately for him in 2021 teams prioritize getting back to defend in transition over offensive boards.

The current league average of 9.8 offensive rebounds per game (per 100 poss) is an NBA all time low.

But rebounding still has its place and especially when games slow down and get grindy - like in the playoffs. His old school skillset can still make a big difference in those spots.

In those types of gritty playoff situations I would rather have a rebounding machine in Drummond over a soft outside shooter like Aldridge.

Teams didn't want to give up assets to get him because of his massive contract. He was owed 28.7mill.. Had a team traded for him, they would have had to pay a lot of that.

Celtics had a huge trade exception so I don't know why they didn't get involved tbh..

dankok8
03-29-2021, 12:19 PM

I can agree that rebounding isn't as important as it used to be. These days defensive rebounders don't even have to box out because the other team tracks back in transition instead of attacking the offensive glass. A lot of offensive boards these days are grabbed on long bounces from 3pt shots.

Problem with someone like Drummond is he might clog the lane for Lebron if he just sits there in the paint attacking the glass.

But imagine if LA plays a big lineup. Lebron/Kuzma/Harrell/AD/Drummond and decided to crash the offensive glass. How the hell do you deal with that? LOL

I'd honestly try it at some point if I was Vogel.