PDA

View Full Version : College Basketball rules?

L.Kizzle
03-29-2021, 07:44 PM
Why the hell are College Basketball games still two 20-minute halves and still use a 30 second shot clock?

Xiao Yao You
03-29-2021, 08:12 PM
used to be no shot clock. MJ's four corner offense put a stop to that

HylianNightmare
03-30-2021, 05:44 AM
College ball bores the shit outta me

hiphopanonymous
03-30-2021, 10:22 AM
I don't mind the on-court rules at all but the off court rules of not allowing those students to even profit off of their extremely valuable name on their uniform or their signature meanwhile the school rakes in millions is a total head scracher. For fairness I'd think at least find a way to split the jersey sales and telecasting/box office profit with the students getting their share of their profitable value. It's not a salary it's making money off of your honest value. In a free market you should be able to earn what you are worth. Any person saying you can't meanwhile their pocket is getting lined is robbing you blind. These are people old enough to get drafted into the military but they can't earn a penny while an old fart gets rich off them.

Also anyone ever notice how many people love college basketball but don't watch NBA basketball? Probably most of us on here watch NBA basketball the most or we wouldn't be in this NBA forum so much but I'd like to discuss some of the reasonings I hear:

• "I don't like the political statements the NBA players make"
• "I don't like all the tattoos"
• "There's no good teamwork"
• "They make way too much money" - no seriously, I've heard that. They also tie this in with the hating of the political statements (basically for their paychecks they should shut up I guess).

I always enjoy a discussion about college basketball with these same people and what they think those players should be worth while 50 and 60 year old men make millions off these 18-20 year old kids that aren't allowed to "legally" accept a dime off a signature, a jersey sale, or anything and the opinions on that that I hear are just as interesting:

• "They're too young to handle that kind of money / it would distract them / they'd blow it all etc"
• "They're getting an education for free" ($50,000-100,000+ for a BS focus-on-sports-for-us bachelor degree program is far far less than the millions their abilities and identity profits the school) - some coaches get millions!

The big picture leaves me an impression that college basketball fans that dislike NBA basketball basically feel the world should work in a hold people down kind of way. They think there should be some rich millionaire or billionaire in charge while the star athletes should just be thankful and submissive to get a few lucky scraps. It kinda seems low key prejudice if you ask me because it's mostly white people that seem to dig into that camp. Where did this whole amateur vs pro thing even become worth separating the two!? It's an invented concept with a lot of flaws I feel like it's long overdue for change. Also feel like the fans that think people shouldn't be worth the system that fans willfully pay into are crazy. Those athletes are the front line of the whole thing - they're perhaps the most important piece so NBA players deserve what they're paid and many elite college players are worth a heck of a lot more than their hack of a "free education". That's my two cents on college basketball rules.

L.Kizzle
03-30-2021, 11:19 PM
Watching the tournament, there is more post play and midrange in College ball than the pros.

Mr. Woke
03-31-2021, 02:22 AM
College basketball fans support modern day slavery.

The NCAA slaveowners want to keep these poor young men shackled for as long as possible.