PDA

View Full Version : I believe it's highly likely that Andre Drummond absolutely balls out

Im Still Ballin
03-30-2021, 04:17 PM
And nobody should be shocked.

People have overreacted to 25 games with a shithouse Cleveland team. One that was -- at the time -- terribly constructed. At one point they had 4 or 5 centers on the roster! With McGee and Drummond gone, things are now cleaner.

10 games into the season, people were talking about his fantastic defense. Cleveland were winning, and Drummond was a big part of that.

15 games later and he's trash.

My point? Sample size.

I for one, will not be surprised if he goes back to his Detroit form.

And, we won't see the full benefit of what he brings to the Lakers until LeBron and Davis are back. He'll thrive as the 4th or 5th option on offense, being bird-fed by Shroeder and LeBron. How about the offensive boards, too? With all that defensive attention given to Davis and LBJ? He'll feast.

LoneyROY7
03-30-2021, 04:19 PM
Excited to see the show when they're all healthy.

The unstoppable force meets the immovable object come July. See you then.

:dancin

Im Still Ballin
03-30-2021, 04:25 PM
I suggest people go back and look at the gamelogs last season in Detroit, along with the 2017-2018 and 2018-2019 seasons.

He's had some absolutely MONSTROUS games -- lots of them.

Andre didn't have any value on the trade market because he's bad. He had no value because of his contract.

If he was getting paid 15M a year, he'd be sought after.

He's 27, never had a major injury, plays almost every game per season, and has apparently lost 15 pounds over his recent break.

No reason to expect he can't go like he did in Detroit.

L8krH8tr
03-30-2021, 04:33 PM
I believe you're another low IQ faker stan.

LAmbruh
03-30-2021, 04:50 PM
I believe you're another low IQ faker stan.
He's been bleeding purple and piss since 72

Imagine hating on a Gail Goodrich stan :facepalm

light
03-30-2021, 04:51 PM
Andre Drummond's reputation was in the gutter before he even got to Cleveland.

His scoring and rebounding will be roughly the same in Los Angeles but the issue is that his scoring and rebounding is not impactful.

Ainosterhaspie
03-30-2021, 05:02 PM
What does he bring that the Lakers need? They don't struggle rebounding and Drummond doesn't improve team rebounding anyway, and that's his best skill. They don't need mediocre interior scoring. That "talent" is more likely to be detrimental than helpful. What else does he do for them? He hasn't been an all star since 2018 and hasn't made an all NBA team since 2016. He's not much of a defender, but who knows, maybe Vogel can fix that. His greatest value may be in helping them win an extra game here and there while they wait for Davis and LeBron to return.

light
03-30-2021, 05:05 PM
What does he bring that the Lakers need? They don't struggle rebounding and Drummond doesn't improve team rebounding anyway, and that's his best skill. They don't need mediocre interior scoring. That "talent" is more likely to be detrimental than helpful. What else does he do for them? He hasn't been an all star since 2018 and hasn't made an all NBA team since 2016. He's not much of a defender, but who knows, maybe Vogel can fix that. His greatest value may be in helping them win an extra game here and there while they wait for Davis and LeBron to return.

What they need right now without LeBron and AD is scoring. Drummond gives them another guy that they don't already have that can get 20 on any night.

As for his rebounding, the Lakers are already a top 10 rebounding team but they will be even better than that and who doesn't want more rebounds?

Drummond is also great at getting steals and that's probably one area that's going to surprise Lakers fans.

HBK_Kliq_2
03-30-2021, 05:08 PM
Marc Gasol has always been a pretty underwhelming offensive player even in his younger days. 2019-present he's a below average offensive player. Now people see what kawhi was working with in 2019. Losing your job to Drummond Hahahaha what an embarrassment, why didn't he retire? "I want to play another year so I can lose my job to Drummond" Hahahaha

The sad thing is that even the corpse of Marc Gasol is a better passer and better defender then Bummond.

Im Still Ballin
03-30-2021, 05:09 PM
What they need right now without LeBron and AD is scoring. Drummond gives them another guy that they don't already have that can get 20 on any night.

As for his rebounding, the Lakers are already a top 10 rebounding team but they will be even better than that and who doesn't want more rebounds?

Drummond is also great at getting steals and that's probably one area that's going to surprise Lakers fans.

The Lakers could definitely use 18 PPG on 55-56% TS while AD and LBJ are out.

Thenameless
03-30-2021, 05:56 PM
His scoring and rebounding will be roughly the same in Los Angeles but the issue is that his scoring and rebounding is not impactful.

It might not be the same when he plays with the Lakers.

Derka
03-30-2021, 06:01 PM
If he’s the top scorer/rebounder during this stretch, the Lakers will probably lose games.

bizil
03-30-2021, 09:30 PM
Adding Drummond gives the Lakers one of the most formidable front lines of ALL TIME!! More people should realize that. You have three All NBA guys ALL at VARIOUS POINTS in their prime. With Bron, you have the best all around perimeter player ever when u factor numbers and positional versatility as a package. Among the PF's, AD is among the top 3 ever in that regard along with Giannis and KG.

So in terms of OVERALL VERSATILITY, Bron and AD are the best tandem of all time. When u throw a beast out there in Drummond who is one of the best rebounding centers ever, that means NO OTHER TEAM can match their frontline! Plus u still got Gasol, Harrell, and Kuz off the bench. So many different lineups the Lakers can throw at teams. That was their formula last year. And they a NEW AND IMPROVED version this year.

Xiao Yao You
03-30-2021, 10:12 PM
Adding Drummond gives the Lakers one of the most formidable front lines of ALL TIME!!

Bird, Parish, McHale and Walton had a good laugh

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
03-30-2021, 10:31 PM
Adding Drummond gives the Lakers one of the most formidable front lines of ALL TIME!! More people should realize that. You have three All NBA guys ALL at VARIOUS POINTS in their prime. With Bron, you have the best all around perimeter player ever when u factor numbers and positional versatility as a package. Among the PF's, AD is among the top 3 ever in that regard along with Giannis and KG.

So in terms of OVERALL VERSATILITY, Bron and AD are the best tandem of all time. When u throw a beast out there in Drummond who is one of the best rebounding centers ever, that means NO OTHER TEAM can match their frontline! Plus u still got Gasol, Harrell, and Kuz off the bench. So many different lineups the Lakers can throw at teams. That was their formula last year. And they a NEW AND IMPROVED version this year.

Good post.

AD and Bron really are the perfect duo. Davis is one of the games top scorers off of cuts, where a driving Bron will find him for a quick layup or lob. Both can shoot from the outside, dive to the basket, play off the ball. No redundancy in their play.

People joke about AD being "birdfed" but if it works so what. Those 11 assists Bron averaged last year netted LA a chip. :confusedshrug:

Thinking Drummond will play a big role, but I'm not sure how much impact he'll have once Davis and Bron are healthy. Doubt he will be the defensive player Dwight was in the bubble. More rebounds for LA wont hurt though.

StrongLurk
03-30-2021, 10:36 PM
Seriously Drummond is not a player that the Lakers need. The Lakers desperately needed a shooter who can also playmake from the perimeter, and the get the opposite in Drummond. Doesn't matter anyways since AD won't recover to 100% since obviously the long year last year/short turnaround has screwed him for this year. Also Nets are destroying everybody regardless.

light
03-30-2021, 11:37 PM
Seriously Drummond is not a player that the Lakers need. The Lakers desperately needed a shooter who can also playmake from the perimeter, and the get the opposite in Drummond. Doesn't matter anyways since AD won't recover to 100% since obviously the long year last year/short turnaround has screwed him for this year. Also Nets are destroying everybody regardless.

They're still working on getting a wing.

The Lakers also needed scoring from the center position. Gasol was giving them very little on that end.

They also wanted rebounding from the center position. Gasol was not giving them that either.

bizil
03-31-2021, 01:20 PM
Bird, Parish, McHale and Walton had a good laugh

I said ONE OF THE the best frontcourts. But since u wanna be a smartass, here we go:

FUNNY THING IS Bron is JUST AS GOOD or better than Bird!! You could go either way because they are the the top 2 SF's GOAT and peak-prime wise. LMAO AD is better than McHale! EVEN THOUGH Kev was a beast! And Drummond and Parish is DAMN NEAR a toss up. You could go EITHER WAY!! Drummond's athletic ability and dominance on the glass are superior to the Chief. And scoring wise, Drummond scores just as many points.

Harrell at this point is in the prime of his career. Walton was WAY PAST HIS PRIME! So even though Walton won 6th man of the year, Harrell WILL BE HIGH on the 6th man of the year charts this year. He just WON THE DAMN THING last year. Walton was easily the better passer. But Harrell scoring and rebounding wise is more productive!

So when u break it down like I DID, this Lakers frontcourt (ON PAPER) matches up VERY WELL to the 86 Celtics! We just have to see how it works out!

Proctor
03-31-2021, 01:34 PM
If journeymen Dwight and Javale came out smelling like roses, how TF will Drummond do anything but dominate?

He's already capable of 25/20 or 30/20 in his sleep. Who cares if he's stupid.

That team will be formidable

bizil
03-31-2021, 01:40 PM
Good post.

AD and Bron really are the perfect duo. Davis is one of the games top scorers off of cuts, where a driving Bron will find him for a quick layup or lob. Both can shoot from the outside, dive to the basket, play off the ball. No redundancy in their play.

People joke about AD being "birdfed" but if it works so what. Those 11 assists Bron averaged last year netted LA a chip. :confusedshrug:

Thinking Drummond will play a big role, but I'm not sure how much impact he'll have once Davis and Bron are healthy. Doubt he will be the defensive player Dwight was in the bubble. More rebounds for LA wont hurt though.

Yep I agree! Drummond's value will be the boards and being able to score without plays ran for him. Once Bron and Davis are healthy, it's about have the NECESSARY PARTS to plug in around them. Depending on who they face in the playoffs down the road. But adding one of the best rebounding centers of all time CERTAINLY doesn't hurt!

light
03-31-2021, 01:48 PM
If journeymen Dwight and Javale came out smelling like roses, how TF will Drummond do anything but dominate?

He's already capable of 25/20 or 30/20 in his sleep. Who cares if he's stupid.

That team will be formidable

Dwight was older and accepted the fact that he needed to reduce his role and focus only on the things he excelled at. Drummond is 27 and may not be as open minded about that.

Drummond is where Dwight was at when he joined the Lakers the first time. Remember 27 year old Dwight resisted changing his game for the betterment of the team.

Xiao Yao You
03-31-2021, 02:25 PM
I said ONE OF THE the best frontcourts. But since u wanna be a smartass, here we go:

FUNNY THING IS Bron is JUST AS GOOD or better than Bird!! You could go either way because they are the the top 2 SF's GOAT and peak-prime wise. LMAO AD is better than McHale! EVEN THOUGH Kev was a beast! And Drummond and Parish is DAMN NEAR a toss up. You could go EITHER WAY!! Drummond's athletic ability and dominance on the glass are superior to the Chief. And scoring wise, Drummond scores just as many points.

Harrell at this point is in the prime of his career. Walton was WAY PAST HIS PRIME! So even though Walton won 6th man of the year, Harrell WILL BE HIGH on the 6th man of the year charts this year. He just WON THE DAMN THING last year. Walton was easily the better passer. But Harrell scoring and rebounding wise is more productive!

So when u break it down like I DID, this Lakers frontcourt (ON PAPER) matches up VERY WELL to the 86 Celtics! We just have to see how it works out!

Bird is an all time great. McHale was a great defender and one of the best post players ever. Parish is a HOFer. Drummond isn't in the conversation with any of the Celtics. Have a hard time taking him over Greg Kite who rebounded and protected the rim when they were forced to play him. Walton led the league in rebounding per 48 that year. Sure it was his last hurrah but it was something else.

4 HOFers > Lebron/Davis/etc.

bison
03-31-2021, 05:44 PM
Drummond doesn’t need to ‘ball out’ for the lakers to succeed. If anything he needs to accept that he’s not gonna nearly as many touches as he did in Detroit and Cleveland once bron and AD return. It’s really in the interest of the lakers not to rely on him offensively for anything other than rebounds. He’s a black hole in the post. Once he gets the ball it’s unlikely he ever passes. We just need him to rebound,‘protect the paint and set screens.

Thenameless
03-31-2021, 06:01 PM
Bird is an all time great. McHale was a great defender and one of the best post players ever. Parish is a HOFer. Drummond isn't in the conversation with any of the Celtics. Have a hard time taking him over Greg Kite who rebounded and protected the rim when they were forced to play him. Walton led the league in rebounding per 48 that year. Sure it was his last hurrah but it was something else.

4 HOFers > Lebron/Davis/etc.

I agree that the Celtics front court is still better. A lot of it also has to do with the Celtics all being in their prime together. Lebron is a bit older though still playing like he's in his prime. Either way, you better not hope that your Jazz face the Lakers, or you're in for another let down.

Xiao Yao You
03-31-2021, 06:04 PM
I agree that the Celtics front court is still better. A lot of it also has to do with the Celtics all being in their prime together. Lebron is a bit older though still playing like he's in his prime. Either way, you better not hope that your Jazz face the Lakers, or you're in for another let down.

Jazz probably don't match up well with the Lakers. They are too small. Been saying that since last season. Lakers need to worry about getting in the playoffs first though

Thenameless
03-31-2021, 06:41 PM
Jazz probably don't match up well with the Lakers. They are too small. Been saying that since last season. Lakers need to worry about getting in the playoffs first though

You really think the Lakers aren't going to make the playoffs? Does that make you feel better at night for the Jazz? I'm pretty sure AD is ready to go anytime if things start to go south in the standings, and Lebron's not far behind. In fact, if this was the playoffs, they'd probably be playing. It's obvious that they (Lebron, AD, and the Lakers) have agreed to hold back just to be on the safe side. Neither guy was carried off on a stretcher that would lead to one of those indefinite type injuries.

Xiao Yao You
03-31-2021, 08:18 PM
You really think the Lakers aren't going to make the playoffs? Does that make you feel better at night for the Jazz? I'm pretty sure AD is ready to go anytime if things start to go south in the standings, and Lebron's not far behind. In fact, if this was the playoffs, they'd probably be playing. It's obvious that they (Lebron, AD, and the Lakers) have agreed to hold back just to be on the safe side. Neither guy was carried off on a stretcher that would lead to one of those indefinite type injuries.

No idea if they will but it is a possibility and assuming Drummond or Davis automatically makes them good suddenly has no merit.

Street Hunger
03-31-2021, 08:28 PM
Can't wait to see Drummond's debut tonight, even if the Lakers are super short-handed.

bladefd
03-31-2021, 09:03 PM
No idea if they will but it is a possibility and assuming Drummond or Davis automatically makes them good suddenly has no merit.

Drummond and AD at 75% is enough to get you into playoffs. Especially now because of the new play-in. Lakers would have to end season in top 10 seeds. AD/Lebron will both be back long before that. They would have to end season at 11th seed or completely choke in the play-in games with both AD/Lebron playing to miss playoffs. That's very much unlikely.

Im Still Ballin
03-31-2021, 09:06 PM
I'm excited to see how the rotation looks.

How many minutes does Andre get? It's confirmed that he's starting.

What about Gasol? I hope they play him 15 minutes per game, as he's still incredibly valuable.

Xiao Yao You
03-31-2021, 09:08 PM
Drummond and AD at 75% is enough to get you into playoffs. Especially now because of the new play-in. Lakers would have to end season in top 10 seeds. AD/Lebron will both be back long before that. They would have to end season at 11th seed or completely choke in the play-in games with both AD/Lebron playing to miss playoffs. That's very much unlikely.

Considering Drummond has been on bad teams and so has Davis it's still a question. I wouldn't be to excited about a do or die play in where anything could happen

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
03-31-2021, 09:09 PM
I'm excited to see how the rotation looks.

How many minutes does Andre get? It's confirmed that he's starting.

What about Gasol? I hope they play him 15 minutes per game, as he's still incredibly valuable.

Gasol hasn't shown up yet. For LA fans sake, hopefully he is conserving whatever fuel left for the postseason.

Im Still Ballin
03-31-2021, 09:15 PM
Gasol hasn't shown up yet. For LA fans sake, hopefully he is conserving whatever fuel left for the postseason.

Not quite exactly true. His impact has been felt, per the advanced statistics. He's anchored for most of the season the #1 defense. His 3pt shooting was cold to start the season -- but it has heated up. Prior to his covid spell, he had a stretch of tremendous shooting.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
03-31-2021, 09:24 PM
Not quite exactly true. His impact has been felt, per the advanced statistics. He's anchored for most of the season the #1 defense. His 3pt shooting was cold to start the season -- but it has heated up. Prior to his covid spell, he had a stretch of tremendous shooting.

He ranks 0.9 in BPM which is decent for someone playing his role. In RPM or "isolated impact" Gasol is a net negative though. At only ~19 minutes a game, not sure how he is LA's defensive anchor. AD and Bron have been clearly better on that end.

His three-point shooting has improved some. I'll give you that.

Im Still Ballin
03-31-2021, 09:36 PM
He ranks 0.9 in BPM which is decent for someone playing his role. In RPM or "isolated impact" Gasol is a net negative though. At only ~19 minutes a game, not sure how he is LA's defensive anchor. AD and Bron have been clearly better on that end.

His three-point shooting has improved some. I'll give you that.

His D-LEBRON rating is particularly good.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Exfku3yWQAIr0N8?format=jpg&name=large

999Guy
04-01-2021, 03:36 AM
Drummond sucks. He’s a scrub to throw at Jokic/Embiid/Giannis and pray you get lucky on a good defensive night from him. But he’s 0/1 so far on that.

Meanwhile Harrell would look like peak Amare for 7 straight games against Brooklyn if need be.

Edit: Hell Harrell would look like peak Harrell for 7 straight games against BKN.

bladefd
04-01-2021, 02:45 PM
Considering Drummond has been on bad teams and so has Davis it's still a question. I wouldn't be to excited about a do or die play in where anything could happen

I'm not concerned if I have LeBron and Davis both on my team. In a must-win game, they are balling

Xiao Yao You
04-01-2021, 02:48 PM
I'm not concerned if I have LeBron and Davis both on my team. In a must-win game, they are balling

Going to be a while before you have both though. What happens in the meantime is the question

light
04-01-2021, 03:28 PM
That didn't go as planned.

The Lakers are thinking about playing Gasol and Harrell together at C and PF. That might have some potential behind Drummond.

DoctorP
04-01-2021, 03:57 PM
he sure balled out

jbryan1984
04-01-2021, 04:20 PM
Excited to see the show when they're all healthy.

The unstoppable force meets the immovable object come July. See you then.

:dancin

Gorilla Monsoon fan :)

bladefd
04-01-2021, 07:31 PM
Going to be a while before you have both though. What happens in the meantime is the question

We were talking about play-in, which will not happen until mid-May (like May 18-20)... Until then we just have to stay within top 10 seeds

Full Court
04-01-2021, 07:37 PM
If by "balling out" you mean stubbing his toe, then it's highly likely.