PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Durant embarrasses himself in racist, threat tirade against Rapaport over PM's

ArbitraryWater
03-31-2021, 08:33 AM
https://twitter.com/MichaelRapaport/status/1376997269107470338

Will there be any punishment?

jayfan
03-31-2021, 08:40 AM
Wait, is this real?

Gayfuk
03-31-2021, 08:59 AM
Punishment for what? Words?

beasted
03-31-2021, 09:16 AM
Everyone should already know that Durant is super duper sensitive and an emotional child.

hiphopanonymous
03-31-2021, 09:20 AM
Rappaport's words / behavior are what looked way more embarassing as he basically went straight to his lawyers once he got even the slightest hint of a challenge from KD even though he was the instigator tough guy talking about how KD should have done this or that to not look so soft - though KD should not have engaged w/him that's poor form on his part because Rappaport is basically low hanging fruit

guy
03-31-2021, 09:26 AM
Rappaport is a bitch. Basically snitching here.

By the way, on a semi-related note I've also seen people call his comments homophobic. The only thing I saw is him saying Chuck was his baby daddy and he can suck a dick. That qualifies as homophobic now???

Mr. Woke
03-31-2021, 11:12 AM
KD said nothing racist lol.

The whole exchange was just harmless Twitter shit talking.

Anyone complaining about this is a pathetic snowflake.

highwhey
03-31-2021, 11:15 AM
Rappaport's words / behavior are what looked way more embarassing as he basically went straight to his lawyers once he got even the slightest hint of a challenge from KD even though he was the instigator tough guy talking about how KD should have done this or that to not look so soft - though KD should not have engaged w/him that's poor form on his part because Rappaport is basically low hanging fruit

thats what rappaport does lol. here's the deposition of barstools CEO for a lawsuit rappaport made bc the CEO/former employer made a clown shirt of him

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CNDTQjwHR2L/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

:oldlol:

Real Men Wear Green
03-31-2021, 11:30 AM
IMO this should be a slap on the wrist kind of offense (a fine, maybe a short suspension) but the NBA set a harsh precedent when they used a private convo to justify forcing Sterling to sell the Clippers. The "punishment" got him and his wife billions of dollars but still, that was a major action to be taking. I would be shocked if they do anything to throw KD out of the league like that but they did make a show of punishing Sterling so you can't hand KD a 5k fine and act like you're being at all consistent.

Of course KD makes the NBA far too much money to end his career whereas Sterling was a leech so the treatment will be different.

beasted
03-31-2021, 11:42 AM
KD said nothing racist lol.

The whole exchange was just harmless Twitter shit talking.

Anyone complaining about this is a pathetic snowflake.

Agree, but Durant is definitely way too emotional over a tweet from a nobody loudmouth comedian.

highwhey
03-31-2021, 11:45 AM
i still don't know if this is real or a parody.

light
03-31-2021, 11:58 AM
https://twitter.com/MichaelRapaport/status/1376997269107470338

Will there be any punishment?

Racism and homophobia.

There should be a fine, an apology and sensitivity training.

Kobe was fined $100,000 in 2011 for use of a homophobic slur.

ScottieQuitting
03-31-2021, 12:12 PM
Well that was kind of racist. Wonder how the inverse of this situation would be perceived. No likable superstars since Kobe and D-Rose’s knee injury.

guy
03-31-2021, 12:16 PM
Racism and homophobia.

Just curious again, what exactly was the homophobia? Telling him to suck a dick? That categorizes as homophobia now?

jayfan
03-31-2021, 12:21 PM
Embarrassing for both. Durant needs to stop.

dankok8
03-31-2021, 12:24 PM
Solid chance of a lengthy suspension I'd say. I'm not one to be sensitive at all but some of the things he said are quite disturbing to be honest. Reporters will always push your buttons. You have to have more thick skin than that!

SouBeachTalents
03-31-2021, 01:26 PM
The fact this is so close to April Fool's makes me hesitant to believe it's real. Though to be honest even if this was them just fcking around this shit wasn't remotely funny or clever lol. If this was real, personally, I don't think he should have aired his grievances in public like that. Nothing Durant said there was truly over the top, that's the kind of shit you'd see between two idiots arguing online. Though you'd like to think a soon to be 33 year old basketball superstar would be above engaging in behavior like that.

If this was just a spoof, shit was honestly lame, though effective for attention. If this was real, it def wasn't a good look for either of them

ArbitraryWater
03-31-2021, 01:53 PM

Are you an adult, at all?

ArbitraryWater
03-31-2021, 01:54 PM
Solid chance of a lengthy suspension I'd say. I'm not one to be sensitive at all but some of the things he said are quite disturbing to be honest. Reporters will always push your buttons. You have to have more thick skin than that!

No way.

He will never be suspended.

ArbitraryWater
03-31-2021, 01:55 PM
Just curious again, what exactly was the homophobia? Telling him to suck a dick? That categorizes as homophobia now?

Of course it is.

I dont even care too much about this shit but this is textbook homophobia :lol

hiphopanonymous
03-31-2021, 02:05 PM
Are you an adult, at all?

Last I checked

3ball
03-31-2021, 03:02 PM
I have no problem with what KD did

Calling people out and keeping it real is a good thing

Nothing to be scared of.. confrontation or the truth shouldn't be feared

Doranku
03-31-2021, 03:10 PM
KD is the biggest joke of a superstar the league has ever seen. Dude is on one of the most stacked teams of all time, he's not getting any younger at 32, and he's primed to win a 3rd championship and possibly 3rd FMVP this year which only a handful of players have accomplished.

And what are dude's priorities? Trying to set up a brawl in the streets of New York with a washed up 51 year old actor. :roll: What a JOKE.

3ball
03-31-2021, 03:13 PM
KD is the biggest joke of a superstar the league has ever seen. Dude is on one of the most stacked teams of all time, he's not getting any younger at 32, and he's primed to win a 3rd championship and possibly 3rd FMVP this year which only a handful of players have accomplished.

And what are dude's priorities? Trying to set up a brawl in the streets of New York with a washed up 51 year old actor. :roll: What a JOKE.

Mad respect to KD

A down-to-earth, real brotha

He didn't take Rappaport's bullying, just like he didn't take Lebron bullying the league with super-teams

DoctorP
03-31-2021, 05:04 PM
Durant sounds like a racist, calling him pale? Rappaport couldn't come back with Blacky?

Low Iq people.

3ball
03-31-2021, 05:07 PM
Durant sounds like a racist, calling him pale? Rappaport couldn't come back with Blacky?

Low Iq people.

KD was simply piggy-backing the current unpopularity of being white, buoyed by the Floyd trial - a shrewd move to further dominate the exchange

Ultimately, rappabitch has no spine

guy
03-31-2021, 07:32 PM
Of course it is.

I dont even care too much about this shit but this is textbook homophobia :lol

Textbook? Textbook is calling someone a fa**ot. It’s a common phrase when you’re talking shit. It’s something people will also say to girls when they’re talking shit.

ArbitraryWater
04-03-2021, 07:29 AM
50k fine.

No suspension, of course

tpols
04-03-2021, 07:56 AM
50k fine.

No suspension, of course

Durant is "sorry people saw what he said"... just issued an apology. Nah son... That was the real you. A ghetto punk with the temper and diction of a middle school bully, except KD's skinny twig ass ain't bullying nobody. So next time we see you give a post game interview and you're all professional and well spoken we know thats just a front, you phony ****.

ArbitraryWater
04-03-2021, 07:56 AM
Durant is "sorry people saw what he said"... just issued an apology. Nah son... That was the real you. A ghetto punk with the temper and diction of a middle school bully, except KD's skinny twig ass ain't bullying nobody.

sorry people saw what he said?

Thats not even an apology lmao

Bronbron23
04-03-2021, 10:49 AM
There was nothing wrong with what he said. It was a private convo to a comedian who says some pretty ignorant crazy shit too. He's just dumb for putting that shit on text to someone you don't know if you can trust not to share it.

Kiddlovesnets
04-03-2021, 10:57 AM
lol this has nothing to do with racism, funny everyone wants to use the race card 'cause it draws most attention without even reading the story. What he said was at most homophobic, and even this is debatable('cause the word can be used on women too, and Rapaport aint a gay after all).

GOBB
04-03-2021, 11:16 AM
Pretty dumb for the NBA to fine a player over this. Private conversation was exposed. It’s one thing if it was done in public. But private? They shouldn’t have acted on that. RATTaport it’s a clown. Never liked dude. He’s a habitual line stepper and this is the second time he turned into a Karen. The first was losing his lawsuit against Barstool/David Portnoy.

Durant exchange was cringe given it reads like a teenager/college kid. But I don’t like the leaking of convos

GOBB
04-03-2021, 11:18 AM
Durant is "sorry people saw what he said"... just issued an apology. Nah son... That was the real you. A ghetto punk with the temper and diction of a middle school bully, except KD's skinny twig ass ain't bullying nobody. So next time we see you give a post game interview and you're all professional and well spoken we know thats just a front, you phony ****.

So because he handles an interview professionally you call him a phony for not sounding like he does in text? Dumbest logic ever that even you yourself don’t apply

Kiddlovesnets
04-03-2021, 11:19 AM

Tbh he has nothing to apologize for, everyone does trashtalk from time to time. If it were me Id just say 'next question'.

ZenMaster
04-03-2021, 11:48 AM
lol this has nothing to do with racism, funny everyone wants to use the race card 'cause it draws most attention without even reading the story. What he said was at most homophobic, and even this is debatable('cause the word can be used on women too, and Rapaport aint a gay after all).

So if Rapaport had called Durant a colored **********, that wouldn't be racial or homophobic either?

DABIGSALSISHA
04-03-2021, 11:50 AM
Racism and homophobia.

It's a joke. That other idiot said one bad word playing video game and is suspended indefinitely. Now, this other idiot, Durant, a has been princess broken body shaped gazele dummy living in a gangster fantasy world thinking he runs the NBA and can say whatever he wants. Adam Silver won't do anything because he has no balls, he is more bronze than silver or gold. This league is run by Democrats and only black lives matter, not ALL LIVES like should be. Bunch of hypocritical assholes, aren't leading by example or doing anything good to the kids in the black and other poor comunities, the ones that really need them and see them as idols.

I HOPE KEVIN DURANT HAS ANOTHER BAD INJURY AND THE DOCTOR PUT 200 PINS IN HIS SKINNY LEGS NEXT TIME AND THE MOST IMPORTANT THING, HE NEVER PLAYS AGAIN AND REMAINS THE REST OF HIS LIFE ON AN UNCOMFORTABLE WHEEL CHAIR. MAYBE THEN HE WILL LEARN HIS LESSON, THAT RACIST AND HOMOPHOBIC PIECE OF SHIT OF A WANNA BE MAN.

Kiddlovesnets
04-03-2021, 11:51 AM
So if Rapaport had called Durant a colored **********, that wouldn't be racial or homophobic either?

That would be racist 'cause Durant is black. A better analogy is Rapaport calling Meyers Leonard a colored *******.

ZenMaster
04-03-2021, 12:01 PM
That would be racist 'cause Durant is black. A better analogy is Rapaport calling Meyers Leonard a colored *******.

But Rapaport is white..
The opposite of a pale ********** is a colored **********, no?

tpols
04-03-2021, 12:03 PM
Tbh he has nothing to apologize for, everyone does trashtalk from time to time. If it were me Id just say 'next question'.

Well he got fined 50k so obviously it meant something. The absurdity of it is what caught my eye... you could curse somebody out without sounding like a tik tok teenager having an internet beef.

Kiddlovesnets
04-03-2021, 12:04 PM
But Rapaport is white..
The opposite of a pale ********** is a colored **********, no?

You have to consider context. A white calling a white colored ****** isnt racist, and blacks call each other 'n*gga' all the time. The words only become racist when used by one race against a different race, ie. a white calling a black 'n*gga' is racist.

tpols
04-03-2021, 12:07 PM
You have to consider context. A white calling a white colored ****** isnt racist, and blacks call each other 'n*gga' all the time. The words only become racist when used by one race against a different race, ie. a white calling a black 'n*gga' is racist.

I don't think you get what he's saying. Calling him pale and pasty over and over was an implied white slur. It would be like if Rap called him nappy headed or something. It was racial.

mehyaM24
04-03-2021, 12:09 PM
I don't think you get what he's saying. Calling him pale and pasty over and over was an implied white slur. It would be like if Rap called him a darkie or something. It was racial.

white people call each other "pale" and "pasty" for never leaving their house. or not getting a tan/sunlight. dont think its equivalent to a slur.

Kiddlovesnets
04-03-2021, 12:10 PM
I don't think you get what he's saying. Calling him pale and pasty over and over was an implied white slur. It would be like if Rap called him a darkie or something. It was racial.

I get what hes saying of course. Whites using black slurs against whites, or blacks using white slurs against blacks, aint racism. Its only racist if a black slur is used against blacks, or a white slur is used against white. In this case, both Durant and Rapoport are straight, so its not homophobic. Also whether the word is actually homophobic is debatable, since it can be used on a woman(which I've seen it happen between my female friends).

ZenMaster
04-03-2021, 12:11 PM

Yeah and the context is a black man referring to a white man as lacking color. So from your explanation here - used by a person of one race vs a person of another race - how is that not racist?

Kiddlovesnets
04-03-2021, 12:12 PM
Yeah and the context is a black man referring to a white man lacking color. So from your explanation here - used by a person of one race vs a person of another race - how is that not racist?

If the context is that a black man referring to a white man lacking color, then it is racist yes. However, if a black calling another black pale, or a white calling another white 'n*gga', its not racist. Similarly, both KD and Rapoport are straight, so its different context as neither of them is homosexual.

ZenMaster
04-03-2021, 12:17 PM
If the context is that a black man referring to a white man lacking color, then it is racist yes. However, if a black calling another black pale, or a white calling another white 'n*gga', its not racist. Similarly, both KD and Rapoport are straight, so its different context as neither of them is homosexual.

Ok so in your opinion Durant was racist towards Rapaport since he referred to him as pale?

In regards to the homophobic part I think you also missed the point, which is that it's homophobic to use a sexual act between men as a way of demeaning another person.

Kiddlovesnets
04-03-2021, 12:20 PM
Ok so in your opinion Durant was racist towards Rapaport since he referred to him as pale?

In regards to the homophobic part I think you also missed the point, which is that it's homophobic to use a sexual act between men as a way of demeaning another person.

I didnt read that KD used the word 'pale', so maybe you are right on this one. But anyway I dont see why it is homophobic for 2 reasons:

1. The phrase he used aint necessarily referring to gays, you can tell a woman to Suck a D*ck.
2. Neither KD nor Rapoport is gay, theres no context of homoseuxal involved.

ZenMaster
04-03-2021, 12:38 PM
I didnt read that KD used the word 'pale', so maybe you are right on this one. But anyway I dont see why it is homophobic for 2 reasons:

1. The phrase he used aint necessarily referring to gays, you can tell a woman to Suck a D*ck.
2. Neither KD nor Rapoport is gay, theres no context of homoseuxal involved.

It's not about me being right and I personally don't care much about their exchange, but the hypocrisy defending of Durant is ridiculous.
Had Rapaport in fact written that to Durant as in my example, this would be all about the racial angle.

Read the exchange again, Durant directly says that Rapaport sucks the dick of other men, but you say that his references aren't homophobic?

Point is that if you ever hear Durant being about "standing with the LGBT community" or some shit, you shouldn’t care one bit because in private he uses the reference of sucking another mans dick and guzling their *** as demeaning references towards other men.

mehyaM24
04-03-2021, 12:44 PM
It's not about me being right and I personally don't care much about their exchange, but the hypocrisy defending of Durant is ridiculous.
Had Rapaport in fact written that to Durant as in my example, this would be all about the racial angle.

Read the exchange again, Durant directly says that Rapaport sucks the dick of other men, but you say that his references aren't homophobic?

Point is that if you ever hear Durant being about "standing with the LGBT community" or some shit, you shouldn’t care one bit because in private he uses the reference of sucking another mans dick and guzling their *** as demeaning references towards other men.

i agree about the double standard. a "private conversation" is what got donald sterling cancelled. what he said was awful, but durant did himself no favors with his tirade either. not sure it was meant in a racist or homophobic manner, but some people think different and nowadays that's all it takes.

Bronbron23
04-03-2021, 12:53 PM
i agree about the double standard. a "private conversation" is what got donald sterling cancelled. what he said was awful, but durant did himself no favors with his tirade either. not sure it was meant in a racist or homophobic manner, but some people probably do and nowadays that's all it takes.

Sterling shouldn't have been canceled though. He really didn't say anything that crazy. Shit i'm black and i wouldn't want my girl hanging with a bunch of nuckas either. Let alone nba players. Nothing to see here. Both were private conversations in heated arguments.

mehyaM24
04-03-2021, 01:20 PM
Sterling shouldn't have been canceled though. He really didn't say anything that crazy. Shit i'm black and i wouldn't want my girl hanging with a bunch of nuckas either. Let alone nba players. Nothing to see here. Both were private conversations in heated arguments.

sterling talked like he was above blacks. there were more racial tones in that conversation than the one kd had with rapaport. mark cuban was right though. after that ruling everything now will be a slippery slope.

bullettooth
04-03-2021, 01:23 PM
sterling talked like he was above blacks. there were more racial tones in that conversation than the one kd had with rapaport. mark cuban was right though. after that ruling everything now will be a slippery slope.

Not for players. They'll get exempt. Nobody came to see Sterling's wrinkled old face. Fans pay to see Durant. And if it means the league losing out on money from fans and sponsors, they'll give Durant a pass. Hence the ridiculous 50k fine and that's it.

Kiddlovesnets
04-03-2021, 01:28 PM

My point remains that KD may have used racial slur so you can call him a racist, but hes by no means homophobic. In fact, most people dont even understand that 'suck a d*ck' is a homophobic phrase. I talked to my own friends and most were clueless about the implication on homosexual. I've seen girls catfight trashtalking each other using such a phrase too. Just because certain words may be considered homophobic when used in the context against gay men, doesnt mean its homophobic per se. Blacks call each other *n*gga* all the time, my hawaiian friends also refer to each other this way, and you call them racists?

ZenMaster
04-03-2021, 01:44 PM
My point remains that KD may have used racial slur so you can call him a racist, but hes by no means homophobic. In fact, most people dont even understand that 'suck a d*ck' is a homophobic phrase. I talked to my own friends and most were clueless about the implication on homosexual. I've seen girls catfight trashtalking each other using such a phrase too. Just because certain words may be considered homophobic when used in the context against gay men, doesnt mean its homophobic per se. Blacks call each other *n*gga* all the time, my hawaiian friends also refer to each other this way, and you call them racists?

I don't care about calling Durant anything, but if he is a racist, should he be treated differently than other racists?
I'd love to see your reaction in a parallel universe where it's a white NBA player writing messages to a black comedian/podcaster calling him a colored *** guzler, I have a feeling it would be different than what you express here.

"You suck the dick of other men"

"*** guzling **********" said to another man

I don't know how you don't consider those homosexual references, but whatever.

GOBB
04-03-2021, 01:56 PM
RATTaport has got away with saying things that can and have been implied as racial. He was given a pass by people of color because he is the “cool white kid”. Listens to hip hop yadda yadda yadda. Regardless what Durant said racial or homophobic? It was directed towards a guy who has made a living out of doing the same. Which is why Durant was so comfortable with how he addressed him in the first place.

One of RATTaport tweets was “I’ve been invited and uinvited to cookouts all day” in reference to the Durant drama. Which again goes back to him getting these passes by folks over the years and now seeing it “taken” back (whatever) when he turned into a full blown KAREN.

U guys need to do a history check on this guy. He opened the doors for that kind of dialogue. And he was a punk for exposing it. Just like he was a punk when his lawsuit got slapped out the park against Barstool over his face being on a t shirt with a clown nose.

GOBB
04-03-2021, 02:02 PM
Guarantee had he replied back to Durant using racial jokes he would’ve got a pass. All because Durant isn’t the most liked and seen as an emotional athlete. So people would’ve took his side and laughed at Durant and not made it a racial uproar. Stephen Jackson called dude out for leaking the conversations and hinted “man some of the things u said behind people’s backs imagine if I were to leak those.”. And again if you know Mike history u know what he said in private is wild. Because that’s how he is. Hence why Mike made the tweet about being UNINVITED to the cookout. Which is what blacks people say to white people whom they give passes too. For towing that line.

EagleFang
04-03-2021, 02:09 PM
Oh my Gawd...

It's not that serious. It's two clowns that can either fight or have dinner together to put it behind them.

Kiddlovesnets
04-03-2021, 02:22 PM
"You suck the dick of other men"

"*** guzling **********" said to another man

I don't know how you don't consider those homosexual references, but whatever.

I talked to my friends, male and female, and at least 70% of them dont think it has homosexual references. Lets not act like 'suck a d*ck' is a well recognized or established taboo/slur.

ZenMaster
04-03-2021, 02:36 PM
I talked to my friends, male and female, and at least 70% of them dont think it has homosexual references. Lets not act like 'suck a d*ck' is a well recognized or established taboo/slur.

Try and ask them about this reference then:

"You suck the dick of other men" and whether or not they consider that a homosexual reference when said to a man.

And anyways: https://medium.com/@aptaube/this-homophobic-and-misogynistic-statement-is-bad-because-it-implies-that-sucking-a-dick-i-e-ebdb2ea608a9 :oldlol:

You've already explained that in your logic Durant is a racist, I don't see how you can intepret the statement of telling another man that he sucks the dick of other men as anything but homophobic. But like I said, whatever..

Kiddlovesnets
04-03-2021, 03:06 PM
Try and ask them about this reference then:

"You suck the dick of other men" and whether or not they consider that a homosexual reference when said to a man.

And anyways: https://medium.com/@aptaube/this-homophobic-and-misogynistic-statement-is-bad-because-it-implies-that-sucking-a-dick-i-e-ebdb2ea608a9 :oldlol:

Its only bad because it 'implies something', so the implication is different under various contexts. Rapoport is not a gay himself, this is the bottom-line and no further explanation is needed. Anyway Rapoport is a lifetime Knicks fan so apparently hes still bitter that KD chose Nets instead of Knicks, this is just a plot to defame KD and the Nets. I am glad the Nets chose to take no action, we cant back a knicks fan in favor over our own superstar, its so silly that even James Dolan would've not done that.

EagleFang
04-03-2021, 03:13 PM
Zen and Kidd...

If I get a couple of 6 packs, a bag of weed and grill you steak... can we just be friends?

EagleFang
04-03-2021, 03:16 PM
I don't think either Rapaport or Durant did anything wrong. It's not worth fighting over.

ZenMaster
04-03-2021, 03:24 PM
Its only bad because it 'implies something', so the implication is different under various contexts. Rapoport is not a gay himself, this is the bottom-line and no further explanation is needed. Anyway Rapoport is a lifetime Knicks fan so apparently hes still bitter that KD chose Nets instead of Knicks, this is just a plot to defame KD and the Nets. I am glad the Nets chose to take no action, we cant back a knicks fan in favor over our own superstar, its so silly that even James Dolan would've not done that.

That's the thing about words, they have implication and it's why you choose some words over others..

I don't think either Rapaport or Durant did anything wrong. It's not worth fighting over.

No fighting here, I just find it kind of funny in a weird way that Kidd claims Durant is racist, but can't make the determination that the words he used and their implication is also derogatory towards gay people.

Like I said, I don't care much myself, but like Tpols I'm just s bit surprised at how immature the insults coming from Durant actually were.

Mauzah
04-03-2021, 06:16 PM
Telling another man to suck a dick is calling him a ***** while implying he's a girl. Nothing homophobic about that.

dankok8
04-03-2021, 06:51 PM
Him getting reprimanded by the league and fined 50 grand is pretty jokes!

iamgine
04-03-2021, 06:51 PM
There's nothing homophobic or racist in there. It seems like normal grade school level trash talk. Suck a dick is a common insult. So is calling a white person pale. And socially it's definitely not the same as calling a black person colored, even though technically it is.