PDA

View Full Version : Best players (in their prime) being denied a Championship by LeBron?

Drygon
04-02-2021, 08:55 PM
We always talk about how Michael Jordan denied Championships for many all-time greats. Karl Malone, John Stockton, Charles Barkley, Patrick Ewing, Gary Payton, Clyde Drexler, and so many more. Their legacies would've looked completely different if MJ didn't stood in their way.

The only exception to win a Championship during MJ's era was Hakeem.

As the title says, who are the best players (in their prime) being denied a Championship by LeBron?

Axe
04-02-2021, 08:58 PM
The ones who belong to the 73-9 warriors team, although they've defeated bran in the year prior.

Drygon
04-02-2021, 09:01 PM
The ones who belong to the 73-9 warriors team, although they've defeated bran in the year prior.

They have 3 rings during 2010s, so I wouldn't count them.

I'm talking about guys who're still ringless because LeBron beat them in their prime.

Axe
04-02-2021, 09:06 PM
They have 3 rings during 2010s, so I wouldn't count them.

I'm talking about guys who're still ringless because LeBron beat them in their prime.
Eh maybe james harden and russell westbrook. Those are the best guys without rings yet i can think of.

Also, it's worth noting that clyde drexler got his own ring with the '95 rockets.

Im so nba'd out
04-02-2021, 09:09 PM
Carmelo Anthony
Derrick Rose
Paul George
Dame Lillard
Jimmy Butler
Jokic
Bam
uhhhh who can i think of
Deron Williams
Joe Johnson
Chris Webber
That hawks team full of all stars and dennis schroder off the bench
ummmmm
Deng
Monta ellis
folks i can keep fking going....
Tatum
Kemba
Drummond
Tobias Harris
like lol im damn near naming the entire league at this point
Baron Davis
James Harden
Westbrook
lol who else will i think of him destroying in a series?

i can keep fking going and dont let me actually go to basketball reference n dig

wait thought of some more
Gilbert Arenas
Danny Granger
Amare Stoudmire
Prime I.T

edit and im not even naming the ppl who he stopped that later won a ring or won one before playing him
Gasol
Kawhi
Curry
Durant

im not even naming all these mfs its just ridiculous at this point

mehyaM24
04-02-2021, 09:09 PM
barkley, payton and drexler only saw jordan once in the finals. what happened during the rest of their career?

going by your premise, though, here a few names:
harden, westbrook, pg13, rose, butler, lillard, joker, carmelo, stoudemire. technically he stopped durant and forced him to join a 73-win team (nobody counts those rings).

imdaman99
04-02-2021, 09:36 PM
Baby Russ and Baby Harden (jimmy might change that in a couple months)

bison
04-02-2021, 09:43 PM
Wade, Duncan, Kobe, shaq, nowitzki, Garnett, curry, KD

Basically all the best players of LeBrons generation won rings on lebrons watch. Meanwhile the best players of MJs generation were all denied rings (Barkley, Malone, Payton, Ewing, Reggie etc) :bowdown: MJ the GOAT of GOATs!

highwhey
04-02-2021, 09:48 PM
chef dingo blew a 3-1 lead to labron.

HBK_Kliq_2
04-02-2021, 09:50 PM
Curry in 2016 but that's about it and even curry was outplayed by LeBron teammate in Irving. Durant wasn't quite in prime form until 2014. Garnett was already past his prime by about 2010. Duncan was already passed his prime by 2009. LeBron also had it extremely easy in the bubble in particular.

1st round - under .500 blazers

2nd round - harden and D'antoni just completely rolled over and didn't even try. They both knew this was their last series as a rocket. D'antoni didn't even bother to change up his rotations like a gutless coward and Harden was shook from playoff Rondo.

3rd round - nuggets were exhausted after two different series that went to 7 games

Finals - butler and scrubs I guess? Worst finals team since the Jason Kidd Nets

Axe
04-02-2021, 09:55 PM
chef dingo blew a 3-1 lead to labron.
:(

mehyaM24
04-02-2021, 10:05 PM
Baby Russ and Baby Harden (jimmy might change that in a couple months)

stopped them when they were in houston too.

BigShotBob
04-02-2021, 10:21 PM
Carmelo Anthony
Derrick Rose
Paul George
Dame Lillard
Jimmy Butler
Jokic
Bam
uhhhh who can i think of
Deron Williams
Joe Johnson
Chris Webber
That hawks team full of all stars and dennis schroder off the bench
ummmmm
Deng
Monta ellis
folks i can keep fking going....
Tatum
Kemba
Drummond
Tobias Harris
like lol im damn near naming the entire league at this point
Baron Davis
James Harden
Westbrook
lol who else will i think of him destroying in a series?

i can keep fking going and dont let me actually go to basketball reference n dig

wait thought of some more
Gilbert Arenas
Danny Granger
Amare Stoudmire
Prime I.T

edit and im not even naming the ppl who he stopped that later won a ring or won one before playing him
Gasol
Kawhi
Curry
Durant

im not even naming all these mfs its just ridiculous at this point

This has to be the worst list I've ever seen anyone try to make in the history of the site.

Micku
04-02-2021, 10:48 PM
Just potentially D.Rose. That's about it.

You could probably argue James Harden and Westbrook tho. If they would've won, maybe the gang would've stayed together.

It isn't like MJ's tho. Like Barkely and KM could've been the best PF up to that point. And those Suns 93 team was amazing. Their legacies would've been different. And if Ewing would've got pass MJ, maybe he could've won a ring in 92 or 93. Who knows.

It isn't like that with LeBron. Some of the teams that he beat in the East didn't really have a chance to win against the West. And the stars he did face, I don't think was on the same tier was a Barkley, KM, Ewing or Payton. Except for maybe D.Rose? But even then, he wasn't the arguably the best player in the league at that time to me. You can say Westbrook in OKC I guess. James Harden wasn't even an all-star that year.

I suppose you can say that LeBron stopped the 16 GSW from arguably being the GOAT team. But then another arguably GOAT team came back next year lol

Plus LeBron career is still going. We have to see. You could say he stopped Jimmy Butler from winning a ring I suppose.

mehyaM24
04-02-2021, 10:53 PM
Just potentially D.Rose. That's about it.

You could probably argue James Harden and Westbrook tho. If they would've won, maybe the gang would've stayed together.

It isn't like MJ's tho. Like Barkely and KM could've been the best PF up to that point. And those Suns 93 team was amazing. Their legacies would've been different. And if Ewing would've got pass MJ, maybe he could've won a ring in 92 or 93. Who knows.

It isn't like that with LeBron. Some of the teams that he beat in the East didn't really have a chance to win against the West. And the stars he did face, I don't think was on the same tier was a Barkley, KM, Ewing or Payton. Except for maybe D.Rose? But even then, he wasn't the arguably the best player in the league at that time to me. You can say Westbrook in OKC I guess. James Harden wasn't even an all-star that year.

I suppose you can say that LeBron stopped the 16 GSW from arguably being the GOAT team. But then another arguably GOAT team came back next year lol

Plus LeBron career is still going. We have to see. You could say he stopped Jimmy Butler from winning a ring I suppose.

nah. you're forgetting about prime carmelo and stoudamire. harden and westbrook in houston too! jokic, lillard, pg13 and rose are all heavy-hitters as well. i'd take a lot of those players over ewing, payton, stockton and drexler. one could also argue harden > barkley on offense (respective of their era).

BigShotBob
04-02-2021, 11:35 PM
nah. you're forgetting about prime carmelo and stoudamire. harden and westbrook in houston too! jokic, lillard, pg13 and rose are all heavy-hitters as well. i'd take a lot of those players over ewing, payton, stockton and drexler. one could also argue harden > barkley on offense (respective of their era).

Kobe stopped prime/peak Melo, not Lebron. Melo wasn't in his prime/peak by then and was actually declining.

Harden wasn't going to make it with a team with no center. And Westbrook was hobbled/injured and was denied by a rookie Donovan Mitchell.

Jokic wasn't an MVP caliber player when he faced Lebron in the Bubble, but he is now. Neither was Lillard or PG-13. Or Rose for that matter. And furthermore, Curry denied Lillard when he had his best team.

No one would take any of those players over Ewing, Payton/Kemp, Stockton/Malone, Drexler, or Barkley. What an asinine take.

MJ beat players in the Finals/playoffs when they were peaking/peaked and would have beaten virtually any other team in the East if it wasn't for MJ.

Lebron either beats stars/superstars that come back to beat them anyways, or a team that simply never were gonna win.

mehyaM24
04-02-2021, 11:48 PM
Kobe stopped prime/peak Melo, not Lebron. Melo wasn't in his prime/peak by then and was actually declining.

Harden wasn't going to make it with a team with no center. And Westbrook was hobbled/injured and was denied by a rookie Donovan Mitchell.

Jokic wasn't an MVP caliber player when he faced Lebron in the Bubble, but he is now. Neither was Lillard or PG-13. Or Rose for that matter. And furthermore, Curry denied Lillard when he had his best team.

No one would take any of those players over Ewing, Payton/Kemp, Stockton/Malone, Drexler, or Barkley. What an asinine take.

MJ beat players in the Finals/playoffs when they were peaking/peaked and would have beaten virtually any other team in the East if it wasn't for MJ.

Lebron either beats stars/superstars that come back to beat them anyways, or a team that simply never were gonna win.

prime melo was in his prime for 2012/2013. mvp candidate and averaged similar numbers to what he did in denver. what are you talking about? lol

whether harden could not "make it without a center" is irrelevant. he was in his prime just like westbrook (drexler was also "hobbled" in the 92 finals fyi). jokic was great last year and still an mvp candidate. put up great numbers and yes, was definitely in his prime too. same with lillard. many of those guys have cases over players like kemp, ewing, payton and stockton. joker has better impact stats than payton & stockton. ditto with harden who has better overall numbers and more mvp's than ewing/kemp.

lebron beat arguably as good or better players in their prime. facts don't care about your feelings dude.

TheCorporation
04-03-2021, 12:03 AM
Which 73 win team did Jordan beat?
Hell, which GOOD team did Jordan beat?

What was his best ring?

Next thread, thanks :pimp:

Lebron23
04-03-2021, 12:08 AM

What was his best ring?

LMAO at Malone Stockton and Hornacek

Im so nba'd out
04-03-2021, 12:09 AM

What was his best ring?

The Best team Jordan beat was that Lakers team with a unknowning h.i.v infected magic and no kareem

By far the best player/team he played in the Finals. Every other team he played would of loss to the team that jordan beat in the ECF

BigShotBob
04-03-2021, 12:19 AM
prime melo was in his prime for 2012/2013. mvp candidate and averaged similar numbers to what he did in denver. what are you talking about? lol

whether harden could not "make it without a center" is irrelevant. he was in his prime just like westbrook (drexler was also "hobbled" in the 92 finals fyi). jokic was great last year and still an mvp candidate. put up great numbers and yes, was definitely in his prime too. same with lillard. many of those guys have cases over players like kemp, ewing, payton and stockton. joker has better impact stats than payton & stockton. ditto with harden who has better overall numbers and more mvp's than ewing/kemp.

lebron beat arguably as good or better players in their prime. facts don't care about your feelings dude.

The collective of Barkley/KJ, Stockton/Malone, Ewing, Payton/Kemp, and Reggie Miller is better than an out of his prime Melo, a older and aging Stoudemire, Harden/Westbrook with a team without a center, and.....Jokic before he started peaking.

2much_knowledge
04-03-2021, 12:53 AM
Derozan
PG
Rose
Melo
Lillard
Lowry
Arenas
Joe Johnson
Holford
Butler
David west
I. Thomas
Cj
Westbrook
Harden

And not all of them were really in their prime

2much_knowledge
04-03-2021, 12:55 AM

What was his best ring?

Funny thing is that the 6 teams MJ beat in the finals have a better collective record that the teams lebron beat. In case you didn't know u dummy lol

mehyaM24
04-03-2021, 01:13 AM
The collective of Barkley/KJ, Stockton/Malone, Ewing, Payton/Kemp, and Reggie Miller is better than an out of his prime Melo, a older and aging Stoudemire, Harden/Westbrook with a team without a center, and.....Jokic before he started peaking.

you're repeating everything i addressed and debunked above.

if you want to call melo/stat out of their prime then so were malone/stockton. harden/westbrook "without a center" is like saying ewing never had a legit #2. or barkley playing with a hobbled kevin johnson. weak excuses on your part.

TheCorporation
04-03-2021, 01:15 AM
The Best team Jordan beat was that Lakers team with a unknowning h.i.v infected magic and no kareem

By far the best player/team he played in the Finals. Every other team he played would of loss to the team that jordan beat in the ECF

Damn...And an injured James Worthy?

Jordan's best championship was against an aging HIV patient and a hobbled James Worthy. Good lord...

Meanwhile...

https://i.postimg.cc/KjvNn2fH/Nothing_Finer.png

TheCorporation
04-03-2021, 01:16 AM
Funny thing is that the 6 teams MJ beat in the finals have a better collective record that the teams lebron beat. In case you didn't know u dummy lol

Which was Jordan's best Finals opponent? Don't be shy now :lol SPEAK UP

TheCorporation
04-03-2021, 01:18 AM
LMAO at Malone Stockton and Hornacek

:roll: Such a joke

LeBron's out here battling Dynasty Spurs with Kawhi, Duncan, Parker, Ginobli and Coach Pop

MJ's facing Hornacek out on the wing with illegal double team and no zone defense :roll:

IT'S

:dancin

A

:hammertime:

WRAP

:rockon:

2much_knowledge
04-03-2021, 01:35 AM
:roll: Such a joke

LeBron's out here battling Dynasty Spurs with Kawhi, Duncan, Parker, Ginobli and Coach Pop

MJ's facing Hornacek out on the wing with illegal double team and no zone defense :roll:

IT'S

:dancin

A

:hammertime:

WRAP

:rockon:

Learn the difference between battling and beating

You don't get extra points for getting embarrassed in the finals. Its who you actually beat.

Fun fact. No key players were suspended by causes related to Jordan in any final ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Case closed

r0drig0lac
04-03-2021, 06:26 AM
none

Duderonomy
04-03-2021, 09:56 AM

I think the 1993 Suns and 1993 Knicks are considered the best teams he beat during his first run. Both teams beat the 1991 Lakers easily.

Bronbron23
04-03-2021, 10:14 AM
We always talk about how Michael Jordan denied Championships for many all-time greats. Karl Malone, John Stockton, Charles Barkley, Patrick Ewing, Gary Payton, Clyde Drexler, and so many more. Their legacies would've looked completely different if MJ didn't stood in their way.

The only exception to win a Championship during MJ's era was Hakeem.

As the title says, who are the best players (in their prime) being denied a Championship by LeBron?

Lebron james 2011

bullettooth
04-03-2021, 11:39 AM
LeBron is the league's whore. Everyone took turns winning a championship against him.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-03-2021, 12:36 PM
Bron hasn't beat the same quality of players in their prime, imo.

Beard/Westbrook/Dame/PG are good choices, but don't think they compare to Barkley/Malone/Ewing/Kemp

Micku
04-03-2021, 12:52 PM

Eh...

I mean, it depends on what you mean. Some of those players like Carmelo and Admire weren't really championship contending teams. They were like 7th place? Sometimes it don't mean anything, but they weren't good. Any team would've beaten them. They weren't gonn'a win a championship that year. PG13 with the Pacers had more of a shot, so I could give you that. I don't think he'll win, but sure. Harden and Westbrook were in their prime, but not really contending imo. Like LeBron and crew beat'em, but they weren't going anywhere. I give you Jokic tho.

I don't think it's the same as the Knicks in 93 with Ewing, Barkley, Malone and stuff. They all had legit chances to win and their legacies would've been different if they did.

I kind'a thought the question was more like, what players did LeBron deny of a championship in their prime? Meaning the teams that had a legit shot. Not just what any regular great players did LeBron beat.

Like I said, the biggest one is D.Rose. That's pretty much it imo. His career is done as top player.

The other players careers are still going on, so we have to see how things play out. Unless we pick specific years like LeBron beat Curry in 2016, but he already won a win prior, so does that count?

Axe
04-03-2021, 06:24 PM
Bron hasn't beat the same quality of players in their prime, imo.

Beard/Westbrook/Dame/PG are good choices, but don't think they compare to Barkley/Malone/Ewing/Kemp
What about the guys that mj faced who are said to be plumbers and car mechanics?

Only heard of that here in ish.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-03-2021, 06:44 PM
What about the guys that mj faced who are said to be plumbers and car mechanics?

Only heard of that here in ish.

Well if you heard that here, chances are it came from a well adjusted and exceptional poster.

Axe
04-03-2021, 06:46 PM
Well if you heard that here, chances are it came from a well adjusted and exceptional poster.
Seriously? Rofl.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-03-2021, 06:53 PM
Seriously? Rofl.

Confusing HOFers with plumbers, janitors, pe teachers and dishwashers... I mean, what there isn't brilliant? :confusedshrug: Only a basketball savant could be so profound.

Axe
04-03-2021, 06:55 PM
Confusing HOFers with plummers, janitors, pe teachers and dishwashers... I mean, what there isn't brilliant? :confusedshrug: Only a basketball savant could be so profound.
I know and i do get your point. Plus like i said, only in ish you get to hear stuff like that. :lol