PDA

View Full Version : If you added 2014 Kawhi on to the 1996 Supersonics do they beat the 1996 Bulls.

coastalmarker99
04-03-2021, 05:53 AM
What are your personal thoughts on this topic inside hoops,

Jordan famously struggled after game 3 when the Sonics put the glove on him.

As a result of having a young Kawhi, the Super Supersonics would now have two elite Dpoy players that could match up with Jordan and take turns on him throughout the series.

Would having that be enough to swing the series in the 1996 Supersonics favour?

Or would Dennis still being a menace on the boards win the series once again for the Bulls?

Bronbron23
04-03-2021, 10:51 AM
What are your personal thoughts on this topic inside hoops,

Jordan famously struggled after game 3 when the Sonics put the glove on him.

As a result of having a young Kawhi, the Super Supersonics would now have two elite Dpoy players that could match up with Jordan and take turns on him throughout the series.

Would having that be enough to swing the series in the 1996 Supersonics favour?

Or would Dennis still being a menace on the boards win the series once again for the Bulls?

Sonics would of won

Kiddlovesnets
04-03-2021, 11:17 AM
The 96 Supersonics were better than the 18 Warriors, they would've been the greatest team of all time if you add Kawhi to this already stacked 64 wins team.

HBK_Kliq_2
04-03-2021, 12:56 PM
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/nba-player-ratings/

Raptor already had Kawhi as the 4th best player in the NBA that season behind only Durant, Curry and Chris Paul. So yeah if a 64 win team adds a top 5 player by impact, I like to think they would win. Kawhi also led spurs in VORP that season. I think Kawhi would actually be Sonics best player as long as they gave him the ball, especially by the finals.

Nate McMillan was a 4 DBPM and missed two games that sonics lost, so him being healthy + Kawhi = bulls lose series 1-4 or swept

HBK_Kliq_2
04-03-2021, 01:01 PM
But kawhi plays very similar to Jordan, so it would be very odd. Especially when he's breaking out in finals.

Jordan would say "why the hell is this guy playing like me"

r0drig0lac
04-03-2021, 01:35 PM
a great team receives a superstar (who happens to be one of the best SF's in the game’s history), well, they probably would have won, but who cares?