PDA

View Full Version : Lebron making Space Jam 2 is wierd

StrongLurk
04-04-2021, 10:20 PM
Just for the sole reason that literally copying MJ and trying to sort of "erase" the original Space Jam will only STRENGTHEN the argument that MJ is GOAT.

It's the same downfall that happened to Kobe as well. Kobe legit tried to be MJ in every way possible and never fully reached MJ's heights, so it was an easy conversation to say MJ > Kobe.

But with Lebron, you have something totally different with his natural talents, playstyle, and mental approach to the game. However him choosing to wear 23 and making shit like space jam 2 are really just more "odes" to MJ as the GOAT.

Literally the two most popular players post MJ's Bulls retirement (Kobe and Lebron) are completely obsessed with MJ. That right there just says so much about MJ's hold on the NBA.

mehyaM24
04-04-2021, 10:28 PM
i like lebron and also think its weird. maybe down the road i might get around to watching it, but ya, it feels forced.

should've starred in another movie with a different premise.

StrongLurk
04-04-2021, 10:46 PM
i like lebron and also think its weird. maybe down the road i might get around to watching it, but ya, it feels forced.

should've starred in another movie with a different premise.

Maybe the movie ends up good but it feels really cringey to me at the moment. I saw Space Jam as a kid and it was amazing, why mess with that?

There is a lot of irony in Lebron's move being title "a new legacy"...when he's literally riding MJ's wave. That's one of the things I don't like about Lebron's personality even though he's my favorite basketball player...he tries to hop on others people's waves too often, he's a straight up bandwagoner. Like he joins the Lakers to be like Kobe, makes a Space Jam movie to be like MJ, etc.

Axe
04-04-2021, 10:58 PM
Lol but pretty much he's already a better player than mj for him to do whatever you're trying to imagine here

bullettooth
04-04-2021, 11:04 PM
Honestly, the trailer makes it look decent
I'll probably watch it (but im not gonna let lebron make a profit off me lol).

But yes, LeBron is very clearly obsessed with riding MJ's coattails; the number 23, the talcum powder toss, spacejam, etc. It's rather embarrassing. He could forge his own legacy but instead chooses to copy.

What i find hilarious is that his nut huggers are saying he can act and MJ cant. LOL, neither can act. Its a fuggin kids movie, they're not going to care anyway.

Still, the fact that its LeBron in a space jam sequel is really unfortunate. It should have been Kobe; for one, he doesnt have a losing record in the finals lol. And more importantly, hes actually got some charisma, Kobe was actually likeable whereas lebron is just a douchebag. And third, kobe as an actor is better than either of them. Aaaaand if were going to follow in MJs footsteps, at least get a guy that can resemble his style. Lebron's footwork is ugly, his shot is awkward and his dunks are boring (he really only has one) and has no signature move at all other than the stiff arm.

k0kakw0rld
04-04-2021, 11:27 PM
Your insecurity makes LeBron the GOAT.

Bron > Mike deal with it.

Lebron23
04-04-2021, 11:43 PM
Your insecurity makes LeBron the GOAT.

Bron > Mike deal with it.

This

BlackMamba8
04-05-2021, 12:01 AM
This

No no no, just stop

FKAri
04-05-2021, 12:05 AM
He's not trying to be MJ. He wants to be bigger than the sport. He's trying to be like Ali. But a business man version. He ain't Ali and I doubt his business endeavors will surpass MJ's.

Axe
04-05-2021, 12:08 AM
No no no, just stop
:lol

bullettooth
04-05-2021, 12:49 AM
He's not trying to be MJ. He wants to be bigger than the sport. He's trying to be like Ali. But a business man version. He ain't Ali and I doubt his business endeavors will surpass MJ's.

Well... That will never happen, hes at the end of his career so that ship has sailed.

bison
04-05-2021, 01:01 AM
It’s a kids movie. Stop reading into it this much.

warriorfan
04-05-2021, 01:10 AM
Bron has a small dick and no dad. He’s insecure. MJ is his father figure and he wants to try to be like him.

SouBeachTalents
04-05-2021, 01:11 AM
It's honestly insane how much fuss is made about Space Jam, it's a legitimately mediocre kids movie from 25 years ago

SouBeachTalents
04-05-2021, 01:13 AM
Honestly, the trailer makes it look decent
I'll probably watch it (but im not gonna let lebron make a profit off me lol).

But yes, LeBron is very clearly obsessed with riding MJ's coattails; the number 23, the talcum powder toss, spacejam, etc. It's rather embarrassing. He could forge his own legacy but instead chooses to copy.

What i find hilarious is that his nut huggers are saying he can act and MJ cant. LOL, neither can act. Its a fuggin kids movie, they're not going to care anyway.

Still, the fact that its LeBron in a space jam sequel is really unfortunate. It should have been Kobe; for one, he doesnt have a losing record in the finals lol. And more importantly, hes actually got some charisma, Kobe was actually likeable whereas lebron is just a douchebag. And third, kobe as an actor is better than either of them. Aaaaand if were going to follow in MJs footsteps, at least get a guy that can resemble his style. Lebron's footwork is ugly, his shot is awkward and his dunks are boring (he really only has one) and has no signature move at all other than the stiff arm.
Perfect example, seriously, look at this fcking meltdown :lol

Lebron23
04-05-2021, 01:16 AM
It’s a kids movie. Stop reading into it this much.

This.

BlackMamba8
04-05-2021, 02:01 AM
Bron has a small dick and no dad. He’s insecure. MJ is his father figure and he wants to try to be like him.

https://media.giphy.com/media/Su0aljmbFVghW/giphy.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/VIVWFx6c91AAwWLwWB/giphy.gif

SATAN
04-05-2021, 02:04 AM
Yeah, it's a weird move making number 2. Maybe it's just fun for him and something else to put his name on. Maybe it's just paying homage to MJ. Maybe it's more exposure. Bucket list. Trolling bullettoth. Who knows. It will be weirder and even creepy if Durant makes number 3 though :lol

Never even seen the original tbh. Didn't really see the appeal at the time unless you're a big MJ fan. Thought about checking it out a while back out of curiosity but everyone here said it was shit lol. That Hit Em High song off the soundtrack was pretty sick back in the day.

warriorfan
04-05-2021, 02:09 AM
Yeah, it's a weird move making number 2. Maybe it's just fun for him and something else to put his name on. Maybe it's just paying homage to MJ. Maybe it's more exposure. Bucket list. Trolling bullettoth. Who knows. It will be weirder and even creepy if Durant makes number 3 though :lol

Never even seen the original tbh. Didn't really see the appeal at the time unless you're a big MJ fan. Thought about checking it out a while back out of curiosity but everyone here said it was shit lol. That Hit Em High song off the soundtrack was pretty sick back in the day.

Damn bro. Super insightful. :hammerhead:

SATAN
04-05-2021, 02:12 AM
I had no interest in cartoons and cheezy shit at that age. No need to get mad.

zeerghit
04-05-2021, 02:24 AM

why you care about his dick? serious?

light
04-05-2021, 02:58 AM
It's not weird at all. It's Hollywood. Jordan turned down the sequel and you don't even want to know the other sequel ideas Warner Bros. was working on - "Spy Jam" with Jackie Chan, "Race Jam" with Jeff Gordon. THAT is weird. They were also close to doing it with Tiger Woods.

So Space Jam 2 with LeBron James is more than totally appropriate - it's perfect. LeBron and Jordan are universally considered the two best basketball players in history and LeBron has been the most popular basketball player on the planet for years now. There is no better idea for a Space Jam sequel. And the timing is great - LeBron just won a title and is as popular as ever. Everything worked out perfectly for Warner Bros. They got lucky.

Ainosterhaspie
04-05-2021, 03:02 AM
It makes me cringe. Taking 23 out of high school is fine. You're still in looking up to idols more without your own achievements at that age, but when he went to Miami and had to take 6, he should have stuck with it. Going back to 23 and now copying MJ's movie is lame.

He plays his own game on the court instead of trying to be a carbon copy of MJ like Kobe did. Too bad he can't do his own thing of the court more.

DoctorP
04-05-2021, 04:05 AM
Hollywood is all about franchises and this is all about the Looney tunes and the NBA crossing over. Nothing more to it.