04-09-2021, 04:16 PM
Mo
Hughes
JR
Hawkins

Pippen

Airupthere
04-09-2021, 04:24 PM
Pip at the top. Potentially JR Smith, Larry Hughes would rank above Hersey Hawkins who was a good shooter/scorer in his own right. But they were bronballed the shit out of existence.

Ainosterhaspie
04-09-2021, 04:26 PM
Mo
Hughes
JR
Hawkins

Pippen

Close. More Like:

Hawkins*

Williams/Smith/Hughes

Hawkins*

Pippen

*Hawkins has to be ranked twice. If you had to face him, he was a legend arguably top 10 ever. But if you're picking teammates, you have to go with any of the Williams/Smith/Hughes trio. Basically Hawkins is one of the greatest ever opponents. Williams/Smith/Hughes are among the greatest ever teammates.

**Edit. Forgot to mention Pippen. Could someone refresh my memory? Who is Pipoen and why is he being listed with those other legends of the game?

ShawkFactory
04-09-2021, 04:29 PM
Trolling aside...

Hughes is a funny case because the people act like Lebron ruined him (well..some people that love certain talking points). But he was an extremely inefficient scorer and overall low-impact offensive player who had one completely anomalous year when he was 26 and then reverted back to his usual self.

He was at least impactful on the defensive end but even with that I don't know that he was better than Mo Williams. Depends on what your team needs I guess. Mo was dogshit on D but at least he could score at a decent clip (in the regular season anyway).

JR was like a mix between the two, but not really in a good way. Hawkins was a mixture of the two but in a useful way.

mehyaM24
04-09-2021, 04:52 PM
its funny because pippen regularly had impact on the level of, or greater than ewing/payton/drexler/miller. all 90s stars and perennial top 10 players.

rest of the dudes in the op were mostly role players. HOW did this inane comparison even become a thing? :oldlol:

hateraid
04-10-2021, 02:46 AM
Close. More Like:

Hawkins*

Williams/Smith/Hughes

Hawkins*

Pippen

*Hawkins has to be ranked twice. If you had to face him, he was a legend arguably top 10 ever. But if you're picking teammates, you have to go with any of the Williams/Smith/Hughes trio. Basically Hawkins is one of the greatest ever opponents. Williams/Smith/Hughes are among the greatest ever teammates.

**Edit. Forgot to mention Pippen. Could someone refresh my memory? Who is Pipoen and why is he being listed with those other legends of the game?

I like this take but I've broken it down mathematically

They all rate 1000. +100 if you played against him in a playoff series and dominated Jordan. +10 if you played along side of LeBron and averaged over 5ppg. Minus 1,000,000 if you were small forward playing along side Jordan.

I have never seen any of them play, but the math adds up