PDA

View Full Version : Scottie Pippen 37 pts 13 rebs 4 asts vs Lakers 1999 NBA Playoffs

Lebron23
04-10-2021, 05:40 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBrobIjiDWs

"A glimpsed of a Prime Scottie Pippen. He was a shell of his former self in Houston and Portland". He had a back injury in 1998. Prime Pippen would be a Kawhi Level type of defender. Probably averaged 24-25 ppg in today's NBA.Pippen was not a scorer,but more of a facilitator. Perfect teammate of Jordan and perfect starting forward under Coach Phil Jackson". He only averaged 18 ppg on 32% in this series"

Stanley Kobrick
04-10-2021, 05:42 AM
:cheers:

SouBeachTalents
04-10-2021, 06:45 AM
3ball is NOT gonna like this one :lol

Axe
04-10-2021, 08:01 AM
Tree trunk pippen

nayte
04-10-2021, 08:15 AM
Tree trunk pippen

Great game by pip tho you still have problems..how shitty is it that u make threads daily trying to diminish Jordan but most still.consider him the goat.I don't get u lot

Axe
04-10-2021, 08:18 AM
Great game by pip tho you still have problems..how shitty is it that u make threads daily trying to diminish Jordan but most still.consider him the goat.I don't get u lot
Huh i made dayly threads about jordan? What the fukk are you talking about kid?:wtf:

nayte
04-10-2021, 08:19 AM
Ya sorry for quoting u . It was more aimed at the retards who make these threads daily

nayte
04-10-2021, 08:20 AM
I meant to quote op.who is the apitome of stupidness.lol

SouBeachTalents
04-10-2021, 02:44 PM
I meant to quote op.who is the apitome of stupidness.lol
The is the apitome of irony :lol

3ball
04-10-2021, 02:54 PM
This game was a save-face game because Kobe was embarrassing him in that series, where Pippen averaged 18 on 32% overall

Pippen was simply a horrible playoff performer with countless eggs laid - this stint with the Rockets was a great example, where he was instantly demoted to 14 ppg third option behind fossils Barkley/Hakeem

1999 First Round

Barkley..... 24/14 on 53%
Pippen...'.. 18/12 on 32%

so the loss was Pippen's fault

3ball
04-10-2021, 03:04 PM
great game. kobe could not guard pippen at all. deep post position and just backed him under the rim for layups. the 1:43 spin and baseline dunk around kobe was sick (you'll notice the lakers put glen rice and derek harper on pippen right afterward).

pippen didn't have that great of a year though. he was still a monster defensively (1st team all-defense) but clearly better on both ends the following year - in portland.

1999 First Round

so the loss was Pippen's fault, as always - all losses are because pippen played bad, even as a bull.. he was weak help

mehyaM24
04-10-2021, 03:04 PM
great game. kobe could not guard pippen at all. deep post position and just backed him under the rim for layups. the 1:43 spin and baseline dunk around kobe was sick (you'll notice the lakers put glen rice and derek harper on pippen right afterward).

pippen didn't have that great of a year though. he was still a monster defensively (1st team all-defense) but clearly better on both ends the following year - in portland.

(edit: posted twice)

3ball
04-10-2021, 03:06 PM

1999 First Round

so the loss was Pippen's fault, as always - all losses are because pippen played bad, even as a bull.. he was weak help

SouBeachTalents
04-10-2021, 03:09 PM

1999 First Round

mehyaM24
04-10-2021, 03:10 PM
1999 First Round

you forgot about hakeem who was awful. for the series, pippen had the higher gamescore and overall BPM.

claiming it was pippens "fault" is revisionist history.

tpols
04-10-2021, 03:12 PM
Pippen in this series averaged 18 ppg on 32% from the field. He was atrocious. Barkley averaged 24 ppg on 53%. He lapped Pippen and this was an obese out of shape Barkley.

tpols
04-10-2021, 03:26 PM
3ball is NOT gonna like this one :lol

Why not? Pippen was horrible in that series. He was pure ass.

Lebron23
04-10-2021, 04:57 PM
Ya sorry for quoting u . It was more aimed at the retards who make these threads daily

This thread doesn't diminish that son of a b1tch. It's about Pippen getting underrated by retards like you. Retards who doesn't even play basketball. Retards who doesn't understand basketball.

Lebron23
04-10-2021, 04:58 PM
Pippen in this series averaged 18 ppg on 32% from the field. He was atrocious. Barkley averaged 24 ppg on 53%. He lapped Pippen and this was an obese out of shape Barkley.

I already posted that you autistic virgin.

Airupthere
04-10-2021, 04:59 PM

Why so mad? Lol

Lebron23
04-10-2021, 05:00 PM
Why so mad? Lol

That guy is a terrible poster.

mehyaM24
04-10-2021, 05:04 PM

who is comparing barkley and pippen though? the only clown who did so was that poster 3ball.

are you his lackey?

moreover this is about one game where pippen killed it. if you want to cast blame or fault a player for the series, look no further than hakeem - who had the worst impact and advanced stats of the 3.

Reggie43
04-10-2021, 09:42 PM
claiming it was pippens "fault" is revisionist history.

Hardly revisionist because they were a ton of people even on the media that did blame Pippen for their failures even though they equally should shoulder the blame.

mehyaM24
04-10-2021, 09:56 PM
Hardly revisionist because they were a ton of people even on the media that did blame Pippen for their failures even though they equally should shoulder the blame.

statistically hakeem was worse than pippen though - which was the point i addressed. pippen could've gotten along with barkley better, but like you said both shoulder blame there.

Reggie43
04-10-2021, 10:08 PM
statistically hakeem was worse than pippen though - which was the point i addressed. pippen could've gotten along with barkley better, but like you said both shoulder blame there.

But its not just about that one playoff series tho because their road to failure was built in the regular season due to bad chemistry issues and the inability to adapt to their roles on the team and be successfull. Off the top of my head I remember that Pippen shouldered more of the blame because he was the younger and more skilled/versatile player that could have made that pairing work but instead bitched about his role on the team being unable to play smoothly with two players who demanded the ball in the post.

mehyaM24
04-10-2021, 10:15 PM
But its not just about that one playoff series tho because their road to failure was built in the regular season due to bad chemistry issues and the inability to adapt to their roles on the team and be successfull. Off the top of my head I remember that Pippen shouldered more of the blame because he was the younger and more skilled/versatile player that could have made that pairing work but instead bitched about his role on the team being unable to play smoothly with two players who demanded the ball in the post.

like i said, the reply was based on numbers for THIS series. which countered the claim being "all" pippen's fault. i already mentioned earlier that pippen's season overall wasn't great. he was MUCH better the following year in portland. the chemistry issues are all documented and i remember them as they played out. yes the rockets underachieved, i don't disagree.

Reggie43
04-10-2021, 10:26 PM
like i said, the reply was based on numbers for THIS series. which countered the claim being "all" pippen's fault. i already mentioned earlier that pippen's season overall wasn't great. he was MUCH better the following year in portland. the chemistry issues are all documented and i remember them as they played out. yes the rockets underachieved, i don't disagree.

He wasnt really much better the next season tho. The only difference is he was playing on a much better team with younger players and great depth while also having a lot of veteran players in the mix.

mehyaM24
04-10-2021, 10:31 PM
He wasnt really much better the next season tho. The only difference is he was playing on a much better team with younger players and great depth while also having a lot of veteran players in the mix.

sure he was. better shooting percentages with better production in relation to impact (higher player efficiency rating, box +/- and value over replacement). his on/off was better too, so his value to his team was more significant. you could argue some of that is due to better teammates and chemistry. go for it - but pippen was FACTUALLY better in portland.

3ball
04-10-2021, 10:33 PM
Stats versus X-man

87' Worthy WCF..... 31 on 60%
87'. X-man WCF..... 25 on 50% (prime x-man)

92' Pippen ECSF..... 16 on 40%
92' X-man ECSF...... 19 on 50% (old x-man)

https://i.makeagif.com/media/4-07-2019/4EMYLq.gif

^^^ Pippen's trashy play is the only reason the Bulls nearly lost that series

And this is standard - anytime a series was close or lost, Pippen's poor play was the reason because MJ never had a bad series.

Ultimately, pippen wasn't a 20/10 player like KJ that made the WCF by dominating Magic's 1-seeded Lakers... Nor was he the #1 option on back-to-back champs like Worthy was in 87' and 88'.. but despite his inferior performance to many guys ranked beneath him, Pippen gets more credit because of the winning spotlight, and he was on the only 2-star dynasty (didn't share shine with 3rd and 4th stars like other dynasties)

Pippen was simply the low-producing bum that won the "3-peat with MJ" lottery in a parity league (no super-team required)

Reggie43
04-10-2021, 10:45 PM
sure he was. better shooting percentages with better production in relation to impact (higher player efficiency rating, box +/- and value over replacement). his on/off was better too, so his value to his team was more significant. you could argue some of that is due to better teammates and chemistry. go for it - but pippen was FACTUALLY better in portland.

Any insight that doesnt include advanced stats? Too old to care about those type of numbers without context and would rather rely on what I saw back then.

That team was a good playoff team with or without Pippen and the only reason he got more credit is because he was the bigger name.

mehyaM24
04-10-2021, 11:56 PM
Any insight that doesnt include advanced stats? Too old to care about those type of numbers without context and would rather rely on what I saw back then.

That team was a good playoff team with or without Pippen and the only reason he got more credit is because he was the bigger name.

well the numbers corroborate his better play. we know pippen wasn't happy in houston and felt uninvolved offensively. dude literally told the media he was relegated to an "entry" passer :oldlol: this wasn't an issue in portland where he got to run the offense a bit. ultimately pippen was put in a role more conducive to his game. this opened up his offense and he produced closer to his chicago years. fewer points but also better efficiency.

without pippen the blazers dont make a deep playoff run. much less take the lakers to a game 7.

Reggie43
04-11-2021, 12:11 AM
without pippen the blazers dont make a deep playoff run. much less take the lakers to a game 7.

Would it matter if I told you that they already made a deep playoff run without Pippen the previous year?

mehyaM24
04-11-2021, 12:17 AM
Would it matter if I told you that they already made a deep playoff run without Pippen the previous year?

probably not.

they were swept in the conference finals. vs a team inferior to the 00 lakers.

Reggie43
04-11-2021, 12:29 AM
probably not.

they were swept in the conference finals. vs a team inferior to the 00 lakers.

Who cares if they were swept? Going to the conference finals is still considered a deep playoff run and they would have been capable of doing it again with or without Pippen because they were a pretty good team.

mehyaM24
04-11-2021, 12:32 AM
Who cares if they were swept? Going to the conference finals is still considered a deep playoff run and they would have been capable of doing it again with or without Pippen because they were a pretty good team.

hardly a deep run. with pippen that same team doesn't get 4-0'd. but without pippen they probably get swept by la - the following year.

Reggie43
04-11-2021, 12:42 AM
hardly a deep run. with pippen that same team doesn't get 4-0'd. but without pippen they probably get swept by la - the following year.

Does your advanced stats tell you that they would get swept by LA without Pip? Who was the best player for the Blazers in that actual 2000 playoff series? Was it Pippen?

mehyaM24
04-11-2021, 12:49 AM
Does your advanced stats tell you that they would get swept by LA without Pip? Who was the best player for the Blazers in that actual 2000 playoff series? Was it Pippen?

mixture of that and the eye test. they were good in 99 - i'm not debating that. but clearly greater with pippen in 2000. that year the team had better: net rating, offensive and defensive ratings, SRS and w/l percentage. makes sense too because pippen was better with portland than he was in houston.

whether he was the best player in portland is irrelevant.

Reggie43
04-11-2021, 01:03 AM
How is it irrelevant tho when here you are preaching that one player makes the difference from being swept and being able to extend it to seven games.

mehyaM24
04-11-2021, 01:12 AM
How is it irrelevant tho when here you are preaching that one player makes the difference from being swept and being able to extend it to seven games.

being high impact doesn't always mean best. again, i'm not making a case for him being THE best player - never did.

having a star like pippen though can be the difference between a full series and sweep.

Lebron23
04-11-2021, 01:35 AM

Pippen hit the Game Winning 3 pointer to eliminate the Jazz in the 2000 NBA Playoffs.
Scottie Pippen scored 23 points with 9 rebs, 8 assists, and 3 steals
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LP-j2EGnK6E

Reggie43
04-11-2021, 01:40 AM
Is it safe to say that you are implying that he has the highest impact on the team? Which usually translates to being the best player on the team most of the time?

Looked it up and Pip basically ate up Brian Grant's playoff mins who coincidentally led them in mins in their run to the Conference Finals (deep playoff run) the prior year. In the hypothetical that Pip is not there those mins would go back to Grant so they still have a high impact player capable of replacing him. Aside from Grant those mins probably go to Detlef and even Bonzi Wells.

mehyaM24
04-11-2021, 01:43 AM
Is it safe to say that you are implying that he has the highest impact on the team? Which usually translates to being the best player on the team most of the time?

Looked it up and Pip basically ate up Brian Grant's playoff mins who coincidentally led them in mins in their run to the Conference Finals (deep playoff run) the prior year. In the hypothetical that Pip is not there those mins would go back to Grant so they still have a high impact player capable of replacing him. Aside from Grant those mins probably go to Detlef and even Bonzi Wells.

Looked it up and Pippen basically ate up Brian Grant's minutes

i haven't compared his numbers with other blazers. so where did you come to that conclusion?

a lot of what-ifs on your part, but what we know is that portland was better in 2000. we also know that pippen brought high impact.

Reggie43
04-11-2021, 01:45 AM
Pippen hit the Game Winning 3 pointer to eliminate the Jazz in the 2000 NBA Playoffs.
Scottie Pippen scored 23 points with 9 rebs, 8 assists, and 3 steals
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LP-j2EGnK6E

Blazers without Pip already beat a better/younger version of this Jazz team the prior year so its not hard to imagine they could have done it again without the help of Scottie.

Reggie43
04-11-2021, 01:53 AM
i haven't compared his numbers with other blazers. so where did you come to that conclusion?

a lot of what-ifs on your part, but what we know is that portland was better in 2000. we also know that pippen brought high impact.

Those are hardly what ifs lol. Grant had 30+ mins the year prior and those got reduced to 20 with Pip's arrival. Take away Scottie and Grant is getting a lot of those mins back.

mehyaM24
04-11-2021, 01:56 AM
Those are hardly what ifs lol. Grant had 30+ mins the year prior and those got reduced to 20 with Pip's arrival. Take away Scottie and Grant is getting a lot of those mins back.

that's exactly what it is. you're assuming grant had similar impact and could "replace" him. yet pippen was the player who took his minutes away :oldlol:

Reggie43
04-11-2021, 02:00 AM
that's exactly what it is. you're assuming grant had similar impact and could "replace" him. yet pippen was the player who took his minutes away :oldlol:

Calling Grant a high impact player doesnt mean i think he had a higher impact than Pippen. Brian Grant was a pretty good player in his own right if you actually watched him play back then.

Lebron23
04-11-2021, 02:02 AM

Pippen is a great player. Can you imagine if Pippen joins the 2000 Utah Jazz?? it would have been the Lakers vs. Jazz in the Conference. Finals.

mehyaM24
04-11-2021, 02:04 AM
Calling Grant a high impact player doesnt mean i think he had a higher impact than Pippen. Brian Grant was a pretty good player in his own right if you actually watched him play back then.

of course grant was. but he was on the team inferior to the one pippen made better - a year later. look at the teams function. their numbers went up across the board.

Pippen is a great player. Can you imagine if Pippen joins the 2000 Utah Jazz?? it would have been the Lakers vs. Jazz in the Conference. Finals.

i could see that. pippen had a resurgent year in 2000. dude was really unhappy in houston. the back and forth feud with barkley was hilarious though :oldlol:

Reggie43
04-11-2021, 02:05 AM
Pippen is such a mythical player that even his past prime bad back and much slower versions are getting insanely hyped up.

I know he was Mvp caliber at his peak but this is too much lol.

mehyaM24
04-11-2021, 02:09 AM
Pippen is such a mythical player that even his past prime bad back and much slower versions are getting insanely hyped up.

I know he was Mvp caliber at his peak but this is too much lol.

adding an all-nba, high impact player makes your team better. nothing mythical about it.

Reggie43
04-11-2021, 02:12 AM
adding an all-nba, high impact player makes your team better. nothing mythical about it.

This is exactly why he is mythical lol.

mehyaM24
04-11-2021, 02:14 AM
This is exactly why he is mythical lol.

he was all-nba on defense in 99 AND 2000. what about that makes him "mythical"?

Reggie43
04-11-2021, 02:18 AM
If you call someone "all nba" do you really expect them to be thinking about defense?

mehyaM24
04-11-2021, 02:24 AM
If you call someone "all nba" do you really expect them to be thinking about defense?

now that you know i'm talking about defense, do you have anything else to add? do you even have a point? :confusedshrug:

Reggie43
04-11-2021, 02:29 AM
Love how you basically lied and then shrug it off. How many posters here call "All Defense" guys "all nba"?

Pippen with the bad back, slower and past his prime is worth the hype? I dont get it?

mehyaM24
04-11-2021, 02:36 AM
literally made it clear that i was talking about defense. you would've already picked up on it if you watched pippen play that year.

the blazers were simply better with pippen - and the numbers bear that out. what exactly don't you get?

Reggie43
04-11-2021, 02:46 AM
They are better with Pippen obviously but they are still a good playoff team capable of making a deep playoff run without him. I wish you could have just seen them play to understand that because your out of context advanced stats wont tell you how good a team they were back then.

Axe
04-11-2021, 05:16 AM
Poor tpots never knew it all along.

mehyaM24
04-11-2021, 11:59 AM
They are better with Pippen obviously but they are still a good playoff team capable of making a deep playoff run without him. I wish you could have just seen them play to understand that because your out of context advanced stats wont tell you how good a team they were back then.

nobody is arguing they weren't good without pippen. what he provided though made them a contender - hence not being swept. the games were in 99/2000 and are posted online. maybe you need a memory refresher because the numbers simply corroborate what we saw.

a hofer and all-nba defender made portland tougher. no myths needed.

HoopsNY
04-11-2021, 01:53 PM
Portland makes a deep playoff run with or without Pippen. Don't forget that the '00 team added Detlef Schrempf and Steve Smith, not just Pippen.

The '99 team beat Utah in the playoffs 4-2 and made it to the WCF. In 2000, they faced Minnesota in the first round and Utah, again, in the second round. No reason to think that they wouldn't have beaten Utah without Pippen in the 2nd round. Portland won the series 4-1 with Pippen going 11.6/4.6/5.2 on 48% TS%.

Portland was 35-15 in 1999 (58 win pace), they won 59 games in 2000. What Reggie is saying isn't outlandish at all.

3ball
04-11-2021, 01:59 PM
nobody is arguing they weren't good without pippen. what he provided though made them a contender - hence not being swept. the games were in 99/2000 and are posted online. maybe you need a memory refresher because the numbers simply corroborate what we saw.

a hofer and all-nba defender made portland tougher. no myths needed.

Pippen provided nothing and embarrassed himself in Portland or Houston

He was actually a negative with his performance in many series

The guy averaged like 9 ppg on 33%...

Even if that's an exaggeration, it not by much - I just threw those numbers out there because that's typical Pippen

mehyaM24
04-11-2021, 02:01 PM
Pippen provided nothing

He was actually a negative with his performance in many series

The guy averaged like 9 ppg on 33%... Even if that's an exaggeration, it not by much - I just threw those numbers out there because that's typical Pippen

the data suggests otherwise pal. not surprised you reject facts though.

3ball
04-11-2021, 02:01 PM
the data suggests otherwise pal. not surprised you reject facts though.

Pippen was a negative for Portland and a role player

Every team in the league had 4-5 guys better than portland Pippen

That's a statistical fact.. Pippen was horrible

3ball
04-11-2021, 02:05 PM
Pippen was a homeless man's Draymond in Portland and embarrassed/exposed himself as an ordinary, pedestrian role player

Look at his numbers - they're complete trash role player numbers

Portland and Houston are knocks on Pippen

mehyaM24
04-11-2021, 02:06 PM
Portland makes a deep playoff run with or without Pippen. Don't forget that the '00 team added Detlef Schrempf and Steve Smith, not just Pippen.

The '99 team beat Utah in the playoffs 4-2 and made it to the WCF. In 2000, they faced Minnesota in the first round and Utah, again, in the second round. No reason to think that they wouldn't have beaten Utah without Pippen in the 2nd round. Portland won the series 4-1 with Pippen going 11.6/4.6/5.2 on 48% TS%.

Portland was 35-15 in 1999 (58 win pace), they won 59 games in 2000. What Reggie is saying isn't outlandish at all.

they were swept by an inferior team to the 00 lakers. with pippen's defense and overall imapact that doesn't happen.

We were a good team but with his leadership at certain points deep in the season that helped us. Certain games he went for being that leader, being that spoken voice in that locker room.”

For a player past his prime, Pippen played every game of the regular season in his first season with Portland. He was a valuable addition to the side on both ends of the court. Scottie bought his vast experience to the team, which helped players who were just coming into the league. Averaging 12.5 points, 5 assists, 6.3 rebounds in his debut season

https://www.essentiallysports.com/nba-news-i-thought-he-was-going-to-be-a-little-stuck-up-ex-teammate-reveals-his-initial-impression-of-scottie-pippen-portland-trial-blazers-rasheed-wallace/

the blazers in 2000 had: better SRS, ORTG/DRTG and Net Rating. pippen was a big reason for that as rasheed noted.

3ball
04-11-2021, 02:07 PM
they were swept by an inferior team to the 00 lakers. with pippen's defense and overall imapact that doesn't happen.

https://www.essentiallysports.com/nba-news-i-thought-he-was-going-to-be-a-little-stuck-up-ex-teammate-reveals-his-initial-impression-of-scottie-pippen-portland-trial-blazers-rasheed-wallace/

the blazers in 2000 had: better SRS, ORTG/DRTG and Net Rating. pippen was a big reason for that as rasheed noted.

Pippen averaged 11/5/5 on 43% after leaving Chicago from 99-03'

He was a trash role player in Portland and Houston - the stats show that - he was embarrassed/exposed in Portland for the bum that he was

mehyaM24
04-11-2021, 02:07 PM
Pippen was a negative for Portland and a role player

Every team in the league had 4-5 guys better than portland Pippen

That's a statistical fact.. Pippen was horrible

pippen had the highest bpm/vorp on the team. you are dead wrong here. just like you were in the payton and pippen thread.

3ball
04-11-2021, 02:10 PM
pippen had the highest bpm/vorp on the team. you are dead wrong here. just like you were in the payton and pippen thread.

BPM and VORP mean nothing and don't offset every other category that he sucked in

Pippen averaged 11/5/5 on 43% after leaving Chicago from 99-03' - he was a common role player

mehyaM24
04-11-2021, 02:11 PM
BPM and VORP mean nothing and don't offset every other category that he sucked in

Pippen averaged 11/5/5 on 43% after leaving Chicago from 99-03' - he was a common role player

sure they do. they measure and approximate impact for an individual.

these are the facts buddy. nobody cares if you dont like them.

3ball
04-11-2021, 02:15 PM
sure they do. they measure and approximate impact for an individual.

these are the facts buddy. nobody cares if you dont like them.

Sorry... But being an 11/5/5 player isn't erased by any magical stat

11/5/5 gonna 11/5/5

homeless man draymond gonna homeless man draymond

mehyaM24
04-11-2021, 02:21 PM
Sorry... But being an 11/5/5 player isn't erased by any magical stat

11/5/5 gonna 11/5/5

homeless man draymond gonna homeless man draymond

pippen averaged 13/6/5 with good defense in the regular-season. and 15/7/4 with good defense in the playoffs.

his numbers in relation to impact were some of the best on the team - if not the best. the facts really don't care about your feelings dude. tough luck.

HoopsNY
04-11-2021, 02:37 PM

The 1999 team also didn't have Schrempf and Smith. You're negating that from the conversation while putting the weight on Portland's improvement on the addition of Pippen.

Furthermore, Reggie is saying that they make a deep playoff run, i.e, make the WCF, with or without Pippen. This is true whether you consider the addition of Smith and Schrempf with Grant as a full-time starter as being worthy of 2-3 wins or not.

mehyaM24
04-11-2021, 02:41 PM
The 1999 team also didn't have Schrempf and Smith. You're negating that from the conversation while putting the weight on Portland's improvement on the addition of Pippen.

Furthermore, Reggie is saying that they make a deep playoff run, i.e, make the WCF, with or without Pippen. This is true whether you consider the addition of Smith and Schrempf with Grant as a full-time starter as being worthy of 2-3 wins or not.

nobody is negating that. i posted that 2000 pippen was better than he was in 99. and the response i got was that pippen "just played for a better team". obviously that is BS and his individual numbers/impact prove it.

rasheed wallace called him their "leader" and "great" on both ends of the court. i'll take his word for it.

HoopsNY
04-11-2021, 02:42 PM
We all saw Pippen meltdown in games 6 and 7 of the WCF. So Portland going 7 games as opposed to 4, 5, 6 games without him is really irrelevant.

Here are his numbers from each game:

Game 6: 9/6/4 on 1-6 shooting (17%)
Game 7: 12/10/3 on 3-10 shooting (30%)

So Portland likely loses in 2000 without Pippen, but so what? That team was more than capable of going 6 games. They proved themselves to be an elite team in 1999.

HoopsNY
04-11-2021, 02:44 PM
nobody is negating that. i posted that 2000 pippen was better than he was in 99. and the response i got was that pippen "just played for a better team". obviously that is BS and his individual numbers/impact prove it.

rasheed wallace called him their "leader" and "great" on both ends of the court. i'll take his word for it.

Okay, maybe I'm misunderstanding what you were saying. I will say that Portland's team was better than Houston's from 1999. It was an incredibly deep team and I'm not surprised they took that Lakers team to 7 games.

clipps
04-11-2021, 03:06 PM
Pippen is the most overrated player ever. It's a miracle that Jordan won 6 for 6 with that bum ass.

Dr Hawk
04-11-2021, 03:21 PM
Another amazing game by Pippen was the 3rd game of the 93' ECF, when his Bulls were 0-2 down vs the Knicks. 29 points in just 12 shots.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/199305290CHI.html

3ball
04-11-2021, 04:21 PM
Another amazing game by Pippen was the 3rd game of the 93' ECF, when his Bulls were 0-2 down vs the Knicks. 29 points in just 12 shots.

Knicks were giving that game away and were down 25 at halftime - the bulls would've won without MJ or Pippen that game

Pippen simply never played great - 29 points is an ordinary game, and it's only "great" for a bum like Pippen

3ball
04-11-2021, 04:22 PM
Pippen averaged 11 on 43% after leaving Chicago

He was a straight-up role player

Lebron23
04-12-2021, 07:12 AM
Pippen averaged 11 on 43% after leaving Chicago

He was a straight-up role player

Jordan failed to led the Wizards in the playoffs in the weakest era in the Eastern Conference despite playing with Larry Hughes, Jerry Stackhouse, and Richard Hamilton.

8Ball
04-12-2021, 08:36 AM

Pippen is the answer to 1-9.

8Ball
04-12-2021, 08:39 AM
Jordan failed to led the Wizards in the playoffs in the weakest era in the Eastern Conference despite playing with Larry Hughes, Jerry Stackhouse, and Richard Hamilton.

Jordan is like a rich man's Kyrie Irving.

Scores a lot. But needs a LeBron or Pippen or Harden to actually lead the team.

That results in mediocre team play while Jordan scores a lot. That hurts during regular season and its why Jordan led teams without Pippen don't break .500 wins in regular season.

1998 NBA finals he averaged 2 assists!!

If you told LeBron to make his game worst by ignoring playmaking and rebounding and just play like Jordan and score, Bron would have hit 40k points by now.

Lebron23
04-12-2021, 08:49 AM
Jordan is like a rich man's Kyrie Irving.

Scores a lot. But needs a LeBron or Pippen or Harden to actually lead the team.

That results in mediocre team play while Jordan scores a lot. That hurts during regular season and its why Jordan led teams without Pippen don't break .500 wins in regular season.

1998 NBA finals he averaged 2 assists!!

If you told LeBron to make his game worst by ignoring playmaking and rebounding and just play like Jordan and score, Bron would have hit 40k points by now.

2020 Lakers would destroy that team with their outside shooting.