PDA

View Full Version : South African variant may evade protection from Pfizer vaccine, Israeli study says.

ZenMaster
04-11-2021, 02:45 PM
Not yet peer reviewed, but made it into the MSM.

The coronavirus variant discovered in South Africa may evade the protection provided by Pfizer/BioNTech’s COVID-19 vaccine to some extent, a real-world data study in Israel found, though its prevalence in the country is very low and the research has not been peer reviewed.

The study, released on Saturday, compared almost 400 people who had tested positive for COVID-19, 14 days or more after they received one or two doses of the vaccine, against the same number of unvaccinated patients with the disease.

It matched age and gender, among other characteristics.

The South African variant, B.1.351, was found to make up about 1% of all the COVID-19 cases across all the people studied, according to the study by Tel Aviv University and Israel’s largest healthcare provider, Clalit.

But among patients who had received two doses of the vaccine, the variant’s prevalence rate was eight times higher than those unvaccinated - 5.4% versus 0.7%.

This suggests the vaccine is less effective against the South African variant, compared with the original coronavirus and a variant first identified in Britain that has come to comprise nearly all COVID-19 cases in Israel, the researchers said.

Manny98
04-11-2021, 02:52 PM
Like I said these "variants" are just an excuse to impose more lockdowns and keep these restrictions for another year

Stanley Kobrick
04-11-2021, 03:05 PM
Like I said these "variants" are just an excuse to impose more lockdowns and keep these restrictions for another year
Too be fair, Highway predicted this 12 months ago. If it does happen he'll get credit

Manny98
04-11-2021, 03:29 PM
The only thing Highway predicts is his next meal

diamenz
04-11-2021, 04:11 PM
yep, this is what's gonna happen. the american government and our drug companies don't want to share the vaccine formulas with other (mostly poor and densely populated) countries, so they can't mass produce it (you made this point a couple of weeks ago, op). new variants will pop up over the coming few years in those countries and they'll find their way here to the states. by then, mass vaccinations will be over with here and we'll be having to pay for 'booster' shots.

highwhey
04-11-2021, 04:14 PM
yep, this is what's gonna happen. the american government and our drug companies don't want to share the vaccine formulas with other (mostly poor and densely populated) countries, so they can't mass produce it (you made this point a couple of weeks ago, op). new variants will pop up over the coming few years in those countries and they'll find their way here to the states. by then, mass vaccinations will be over with here and we'll be having to pay for 'booster' shots.

my bill gates microchip will need yearly software updates.

ZenMaster
04-11-2021, 04:22 PM
Forgot in the OP: https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-health-coronavirus-israel-study-idUSKBN2BX0JX

scuzzy
04-11-2021, 04:25 PM
my bill gates microchip will need yearly software updates.
Pay to win DLC Booster shots

And just like this vaccine, the gov't will gladly pay out of pocket for the majority of those as well, along with stimulus 6, 7, 8

I wonder how the billion dollar insurance companies are up to speed with loot box vaccine fiasco, considering it's them taking the hit

highwhey
04-11-2021, 04:40 PM
Pay to win DLC Booster shots

And just like this vaccine, the gov't will gladly pay out of pocket for the majority of those as well, along with stimulus 6, 7, 8

I wonder how the billion dollar insurance companies are up to speed with loot box vaccine fiasco, considering it's them taking the hit

:oldlol:

LoneyROY7
04-11-2021, 04:48 PM
Don't let Zen's remote posting for Europa deter you.

Just copped that 1st Pfizer shot today. Feeling GREAT.

:dancin

Stanley Kobrick
04-11-2021, 05:10 PM

1 more life saved + the hundreds more you avoided killing from spread :cheers:

ZenMaster
04-11-2021, 05:21 PM

The vaccine is not a basketball team you can cheer for or against. If the virus can break through it then it's a major development, no matter if you took it or not.

ZenMaster
04-12-2021, 02:28 PM

I knew this wasn't news that people wanted to hear, but I didn't think the discussion would be this stupid.

"Don't let Zen deter you" lol wtf, I'm not the one who made the study, wrote the articles or told people to be scared.

The new data comes as public health officials grow concerned that highly contagious variants, which studies have shown can reduce the effectiveness of vaccines, could stall the world's progress on the pandemic.

Last month, CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky issued a dire warning, telling reporters that she worried the United States is facing great peril as variants spread and daily Covid-19 cases begin to rebound once again, threatening to send more people to the hospital.

"I'm going to pause here, I'm going to lose the script, and I'm going to reflect on the recurring feeling I have of impending doom," she said March 29. "We have so much to look forward to, so much promise and potential of where we are and so much reason for hope, but right now I'm scared."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2021/04/11/covid-variant-from-south-africa-was-able-to-break-through-pfizer-vaccine-in-israeli-study.html

tpols
04-12-2021, 02:36 PM
Lap it up sheep. They'll have a new variant for you every year til they convince you you'll need to wear a dog collar to go outside.

Patrick Chewing
04-12-2021, 02:41 PM
https://i.ibb.co/GsLWFdS/stay-home.jpg

Long Duck Dong
04-12-2021, 02:54 PM
Too be fair, Highway predicted this 12 months ago. If it does happen he'll get credit

Damn. His Schleeper Report has transcended the NBA and has gone global. We have our very own ISH celebrity ladies and gentlemen.

MrFonzworth
04-12-2021, 05:16 PM
Aren't you the same guys that aren't supposed to believe an "Israeli" study

Stanley Kobrick
04-12-2021, 05:25 PM
Aren't you the same guys that aren't supposed to believe an "Israeli" study
we were told to disregard Zionist agenda propaganda

Lil-Shrimp
04-12-2021, 05:30 PM
The only thing Highway predicts is his next meal

:roll:

bluechox2
04-13-2021, 11:44 AM
people talking like a vaccine is suppose to cure you still...shits suppose to lower hospitalization....you still going to get infected....