PDA

View Full Version : The Lakers have the GOAT frontcourt and will cruise to the title

3ball
04-11-2021, 07:55 PM
title

SATAN
04-11-2021, 08:01 PM
https://www.quotesmeme.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/11054823_869087349794427_4038469049359020571_o.jpg

RRR3
04-11-2021, 08:03 PM
OP told us Bird>LeBron but now he says old LeBron+AD+role players is a better front court than peak Bird+McHale+Parish+Walton.

He consistently accidentally reveals he thinks LeBron is the GOAT lmao

HylianNightmare
04-11-2021, 08:04 PM
Lestackthedeck

ShawkFactory
04-11-2021, 08:04 PM
I thought Lebron was a PG?

RRR3
04-11-2021, 08:09 PM
Lestackthedeck
Do you ever make an intelligent post? Are you capable of it?

Airupthere
04-11-2021, 08:12 PM
When AD and Lebron return, with a full lineup this team is a beast. Sure champs.

tpols
04-11-2021, 08:13 PM
OP told us Bird>LeBron but now he says old LeBron+AD+role players is a better front court than peak Bird+McHale+Parish+Walton.

AD is way better than Kevin McHale, and Drummond is way better than an ancient Bill Walton. Its not even close. Bills 8/7 is less than half of what Drummond is producing. That frontcourt will be unbeatable.

ShawkFactory
04-11-2021, 08:16 PM
AD is way better than Kevin McHale, and Drummond is way better than an ancient Bill Walton. Its not even close. Bills 8/7 is less than half of what Drummond is producing. That frontcourt will be unbeatable.

Why are you comparing Drummond to Bill Walton and not Parish?

Airupthere
04-11-2021, 08:19 PM

Drummond still better than parish. Gasol better than washed up walton.

mehyaM24
04-11-2021, 08:19 PM

if the claim is the lakers have a better frontcourt. then that person is also saying AD>mchale, lebron>bird, and drummond=parish.

Drummond still better than parish. Gasol better than washed up walton.

:oldlol:

ShawkFactory
04-11-2021, 08:23 PM
Drummond still better than parish

:lol

Drummond is a stat-padding rebounder with almost no offensive game. Parish was a 9x all star

tpols
04-11-2021, 08:26 PM

That name just jumped out to me since people name drop him all the time but he was an 8/7 player while Drummond is a rebounding champ in his prime capable of 20/20 any game. AD is literally Kareem except more efficient because he's a much better shooter. And then you've got LeBron still a super athlete taking the season off to rest for the playoffs. Ditto AD. If these guys are all fresh you have two seven footers, and three guys all 250+ lb giants in your lineup...

Think about the weight and athleticism difference between those Celtics and the current Lakers. They're giving up 100+ lbs across their frontcourt.

ShawkFactory
04-11-2021, 08:34 PM
That name just jumped out to me since people name drop him all the time but he was an 8/7 player while Drummond is a rebounding champ in his prime capable of 20/20 any game. AD is literally Kareem except more efficient because he's a much better shooter. And then you've got LeBron still a super athlete taking the season off to rest for the playoffs. Ditto AD. If these guys are all fresh you have two seven footers, and three guys all 250+ lb giants in your lineup...

Think about the weight and athleticism difference between those Celtics and the current Lakers. They're giving up 100+ lbs across their frontcourt.

Did we just say that AD is literally Kareem but more efficient? Stopped reading there

3ball
04-11-2021, 08:35 PM

https://i.makeagif.com/media/4-12-2021/s7oQn3.gif

PER isn't everything, but it's safe to say AD > McHale... And the Celtics had the previous title of goat frontcourt

AD + Lebron is the only frontcourt with 2 top 20 all-time players

And right before joining Lebron, Drummond was an 18/14 player with 21 PER

Lebron has reduced him to 13/8, but he's still a very good player...

ShawkFactory
04-11-2021, 08:37 PM
[Img]Lebron has reduced him to 13/8, but he's still a very good player...

That voodoo?

RRR3
04-11-2021, 08:38 PM

PER isn't everything, but it's safe to say AD > McHale... And the Celtics had the previous title of goat frontcourt

How has LeBron reduced Drummond when he hasn’t played with him you fukcing idiot?

RRR3
04-11-2021, 08:39 PM
Drummond was absolutely not better than 86 Bill Walton. And saying he’s comparable or heaven forbid better than Parish is permaban worthy. He’s not a good player and ttrolls and 3braincells are embarrassing themselves by pretending he is. There’s a ****ing reason no team wanted him.

3ball
04-11-2021, 08:41 PM
Drummond was absolutely not better than 86 Bill Walton. And saying he’s comparable or heaven forbid better than Parish is permaban worthy. He’s not a good player and ttrolls and 3braincells are embarrassing themselves by pretending he is. There’s a ****ing reason no team wanted him.

AD is almost as good as Bird tho

RRR3
04-11-2021, 08:44 PM
Permaban time.

3ball
04-11-2021, 08:45 PM
Permaban time.

:confusedshrug:... That isn't outlandish

Ultimately.... AD + Lebron is the only frontcourt with 2 top 20 all-time players, aka goat frontcourt.. having the #1 rebounder and 18 ppg scorer Drummond is a bonus

outofstomach
04-11-2021, 08:48 PM

Lebron has reduced him to 13/8, but he's still a very good player...yeah nah 3ball. had to come out of lurking to shit on you, lebron and drummond haven’t even played yet, what are you even talking about lol?

do you just throw shit at the wall and hope something sticks?

mehyaM24
04-11-2021, 08:50 PM
How has LeBron reduced Drummond when he hasn’t played with him you fukcing idiot?

haters are hallucinating. lebron has become the boogeyman! :oldlol:

3ball
04-11-2021, 08:51 PM
yeah nah 3ball. had to come out of lurking to shit on you, lebron and drummond haven’t even played yet, what are you even talking about lol?

do you just throw shit at the wall and hope something sticks?

You guys think Lebron > Bird, and AD > McHale, so Lakers have the goat frontcourt

having the #1 rebounder and 18 ppg scorer Drummond is a icing on the cake

JohnMax
04-11-2021, 08:55 PM
I been telling you Lebron haters that Kevin Durant is a net negative player and makes teams worse.

tpols
04-11-2021, 09:11 PM
Did we just say that AD is literally Kareem but more efficient? Stopped reading there

Its a fact. AD scored on better efficiency in last years playoffs than Kareem ever did. You can stop reading, stick both fingers in your ears and sing lalala like a child but fact is AD led the entire league in playoff points on 130+ ORTG. Kareems hook shot was nice but his front facing jump shot was nowhere near AD's especially from range.

SATAN
04-11-2021, 09:30 PM

Interesting :lol

Drummond is alright but he's not some beast that will take a team anywhere. Realistically his numbers should drop when the team is all healthy. Yes. Why would you expect 20 from him when better scorers are on the floor? I don't expect his rebounds to significantly decrease although he might be playing less minutes. Davis has been having one of his worst seasons in terms of rebounds anyway.

Xiao Yao You
04-11-2021, 09:32 PM
You guys think Lebron > Bird, and AD > McHale, so Lakers have the goat frontcourt

having the #1 rebounder and 18 ppg scorer Drummond is a icing on the cake

Except you forgot Parish and Walton :roll:

3ball
04-11-2021, 09:38 PM
Except you forgot Parish and Walton :roll:

According to you guys, the Lakers have the top 2 players ever paired together in a frontcourt

SouBeachTalents
04-11-2021, 09:46 PM
Its a fact. AD scored on better efficiency in last years playoffs than Kareem ever did. You can stop reading, stick both fingers in your ears and sing lalala like a child but fact is AD led the entire league in playoff points on 130+ ORTG. Kareems hook shot was nice but his front facing jump shot was nowhere near AD's especially from range.
I refuse to believe you're stupid enough to think this is a valid comparison. Kareem could never even conceive of going up against "big man" competition like Robert Covington, Jeff Green or Bam. Considering Kareem was giving Walton, Parish & Hakeem the business, I'd be pretty confident he'd feast against guys big men barely 6'9

tpols
04-11-2021, 09:51 PM
I refuse to believe you're stupid enough to think this is a valid comparison. Kareem could never even conceive of going up against "big man" competition like Robert Covington, Jeff Green or Bam. Considering Kareem was giving Walton, Parish & Hakeem the business, I'd be pretty confident he'd feast against guys big men barely 6'9

Obviously AD has less competition at his position, although he did outplay jokic who will go down as one of the best centers ever, its still all relative. The fact that AD is so much better than others at his position makes him an even more rare commodity in today's league. He gives teams a huge comparative advantage today and then they added a 20/20 rebounding champ to him. It may be the most loaded frontcourt of all time in a league that lacks great big men.

SATAN
04-11-2021, 09:53 PM
:facepalm

ShawkFactory
04-11-2021, 09:58 PM

It’s adorable that you’re acting like I’m the crazy one here :lol

Why do you put Kareem in your top 3 or 5 or whatever of all time then? Is AD that good?

If he’s better Kareem because of what you just typed then you definitely don’t need to be putting lebron outside of your top 2-3 ever. Be consistent at least.

RRR3
04-11-2021, 10:01 PM
Have you guys not realized you should just laugh at ttrolls yet?

No point arguing with him. Nothing he says is what the actually believes, he’s just mad LeBron is better than Kobe. That’s literally it.

tpols
04-11-2021, 10:04 PM
It’s adorable that you’re acting like I’m the crazy one here :lol

Why do you put Kareem in your top 3 or 5 or whatever of all time then? Is AD that good?

If he’s better Kareem because of what you just typed then you definitely don’t need to be putting lebron outside of your top 2-3 ever. Be consistent at least.

Whose talking careers or GOAT lists? I'm talking his current play and the level its at and thats Kareem level.

Axe
04-11-2021, 10:05 PM
Lol at these ignorant fools for treating drummond as if he's won multiple playoff series in his career.

LeCola
04-11-2021, 10:06 PM

Drummond = Bill Russell
Harrell = Kareem
Kuzma = Pippen
Caruso = Isiah

Axe
04-11-2021, 10:07 PM
Drummond = Bill Russell
Harrell = Kareem
Kuzma = Pippen
Caruso = Isiah
Now harrell is kareem when it was ad who they referred to him last year? Barnacles. :oldlol:

ShawkFactory
04-11-2021, 10:08 PM
Whose talking careers or GOAT lists? I'm talking his current play and the level its at and thats Kareem level.

Yea...I know what you said. If AD is Kareem right now because of your previous reasoning, then Lebrons peak is on par with anyone ever aside from MJ.

But you’ll want to go and apply other context for that one.

SouBeachTalents
04-11-2021, 10:09 PM
Whose talking careers or GOAT lists? I'm talking his current play and the level its at and thats Kareem level. If AD had the longevity to keep it up for 20 years like Kareem he probably would pass him on those lists but he clearly doesn't.
There's no way you actually believe this is true lol. Forget longevity, Kareem's consistently listed as having one of the top 5 peaks of all time, so you'd have to legitimately believe for what you're saying to be true, AD is currently playing at a top 5 level of all time, better than the likes of Shaq & Hakeem or even his current teammate. Deep down I know you do not believe this to be true :lol

Sportal
04-11-2021, 10:12 PM

Why is this guy still allowed to post here? Is there any REAL benefit? It makes the place look stupid.

SATAN
04-11-2021, 10:14 PM
I agree bro. Time to permaban him. Put a stop to this nonsense mods.

And1AllDay
04-11-2021, 10:34 PM
Do you ever make an intelligent post? Are you capable of it?

hylian been hurtin for a lonnnnnnnnnng time ever since 2012, 13' 16' and then more pain in 20'

tpols
04-11-2021, 10:37 PM
Yea...I know what you said. If AD is Kareem right now because of your previous reasoning, then Lebrons peak is on par with anyone ever aside from MJ.

But you’ll want to go and apply other context for that one.

No its not...Lebrons peak years were 2009-2018 and he lost in ways MJ never did in the playoffs. Two times with HCA ('09 and '10), GOAT choke ('11), and record loss (2014, 2017, 2018). One shot away from
2/10. LeBron has never compared to MJ's best statistically or contextually.

AD otoh was as brilliant last year as Kareem ever was. Kareem won one ring in the entire 70s while he was prime. He needed Magic to get 5/6 of his rings, and the Big O to get the other one. LeBron is a great player so we see if you give AD his Magic he is an easy ring.

And on top of that they add the rebounding champ? How does that being stacked not add up to you?

ShawkFactory
04-11-2021, 10:40 PM
No its not...Lebrons peak years were 2009-2018 and he lost in ways MJ never did in the playoffs. Two times with HCA ('09 and '10), GOAT choke ('11), and record loss (2014, 2017, 2018). One shot away from
2/10. LeBron has never compared to MJ's best statistically or contextually.

AD otoh was as brilliant last year as Kareem ever was. Kareem won one ring in the entire 70s while he was prime. He needed Magic to get 5/6 of his rings, and the Big O to get the other one. LeBron is a great player so we see if you give AD his Magic he is an easy ring.

And on top of that they add the rebounding champ? How does that being stacked not add up to you?
Me: Lebron is on par with anyone ever aside from MJ

Tpols: here’s why lebron isn’t on MJs level.

Way to waste your own time :lol

Xiao Yao You
04-11-2021, 10:42 PM
Have you guys not realized you should just laugh at ttrolls yet?

No point arguing with him. Nothing he says is what the actually believes, he’s just mad LeBron is better than Kobe. That’s literally it.

:roll:

BlackMamba8
04-12-2021, 10:20 AM
:roll:

Bro.....Lebum is NOT better than kobe.....lmao only bronsexuals think so....look what every NBA player says.....lmao

Kblaze8855
04-12-2021, 11:10 AM
I don’t know which is worse the trolls pretending not to know better or the children who actually don’t know better but pretend they know anything about the league before like 2005.

Gang of idiots posting numbers selectively acknowledging that half the stars are doing unprecedented shit because the league modified itself to allow it.

I thought it couldn’t get worse 10 years ago. I’m finally understanding the “Cant fix stupid...” posters who just vanished years ago. Need to just transition to banning you jackasses from the shadows and never being seen again.

Speaking to most of you is absolutely pointless.

Kiddlovesnets
04-12-2021, 12:20 PM
So, can we stop this Lebron being the ultimate underdog nonsense then? Lakers have the best rosters in the league, and its ring of bust for them. If Lebron wins another title, its just like 2012 and 2013. If he loses, this is like 2011 kind of failure.

KirbyPls
04-12-2021, 12:29 PM
So, can we stop this Lebron being the ultimate underdog nonsense then? Lakers have the best rosters in the league, and its ring of bust for them. If Lebron wins another title, its just like 2012 and 2013. If he loses, this is like 2011 kind of failure.

If LeQuatro can LeCinco against this GOAT-stacked Nets squad, it will be the greatest upset in NBA history; perhaps sports history in general. It can't happen...can it? :biggums:

Kiddlovesnets
04-12-2021, 12:34 PM
If LeQuatro can LeCinco against this GOAT-stacked Nets squad, it will be the greatest upset in NBA history; perhaps sports history in general. It can't happen...can it? :biggums:

How are we GOAT-stacked when Lebron's Lakers have the better team? If we take out both Lebron and Durant, Lakers still have better supporting cast than the Nets. The pre-season odds and post harden-trade odds were both telling us that Lakers were favorites to win:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2021_preseason_odds.html
https://www.sportsbettingdime.com/news/nba/updated-2021-nba-championship-odds-all-30-teams-james-harden-traded-nets/

KirbyPls
04-12-2021, 12:37 PM
How are we GOAT-stacked when Lebron's Lakers have the better team? If we take out both Lebron and Durant, Lakers still have better supporting cast than the Nets. The pre-season odds and post harden-trade odds were both telling us that Lakers were favorites to win:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2021_preseason_odds.html
https://www.sportsbettingdime.com/news/nba/updated-2021-nba-championship-odds-all-30-teams-james-harden-traded-nets/

Shaken and stirred. Nets are stacked beyond belief. 100-1 odd that LeQuatro came prevail. If he does, GOAT debate is sealed.

Why can't you appreciate your Nets being the greatest lock to win the title ever?

Kiddlovesnets
04-12-2021, 12:39 PM
Shaken and stirred. Nets are stacked beyond belief. 100-1 odd that LeQuatro came prevail. If he does, GOAT debate is sealed.

Why can't you appreciate your Nets being the greatest lock to win the title ever?

The Lakers beat us without Lebron and AD two nights ago, we have no answer for Drummond. I thought we could beat the Lakers until this signing, its over once they got their big three with Drummond, way too stacked.

AirBonner
04-12-2021, 12:41 PM
The Lakers beat us without Lebron and AD two nights ago, we have no answer for Drummond. I thought we could beat the Lakers until this signing, its over once they got their big three with Drummond, way too stacked.

I don’t even think this nets team will get by a healthy Celtics team

Kiddlovesnets
04-12-2021, 12:45 PM
I don’t even think this nets team will get by a healthy Celtics team

Nah thats silly, the Celtics were among the playoffs teams that we could beat easily even without Irving. A team that can defeat the Nets, has to be one that can explore our weakness(ie. 76ers, Bucks and Heat). We cant defend dominant big men at low-post, and guards who are physical and can drive. Celtics have neither, they match up poorly against us, will be lucky to win one game in a series.

AirBonner
04-12-2021, 12:47 PM
Nah thats silly, the Celtics were among the playoffs teams that we could beat easily even without Irving. A team that can defeat the Nets, has to be one that can explore our weakness(ie. 76ers, Bucks and Heat). We cant defend dominant big men at low-post, and guards who are physical and can drive. Celtics have neither, they match up poorly against us, will be lucky to win one game in a series.
Celtics play defense tho and we have an improved bench. Tristan Thompson is honestly better than any Nets center and he’s a backup

Kiddlovesnets
04-12-2021, 12:50 PM
Celtics play defense tho and we have an improved bench. Tristan Thompson is honestly better than any Nets center and he’s a backup

Nah Tristan Thompson aint like Embiid, Jokic and Drummond, we can easily stop him with just Aldridge and DJ. The Celtics dont have what it takes to beat the Nets, it will have to be one of the 76ers, Bucks and Heat that will stand a chance. Keep dreaming though, Celtics are 1st round exit team unless they play 76ers with Simmons injured again like last year.

Manny98
04-12-2021, 01:17 PM
:roll::roll::roll:

Ainosterhaspie
04-12-2021, 03:09 PM
I don’t know which is worse the trolls pretending not to know better or the children who actually don’t know better but pretend they know anything about the league before like 2005.

Gang of idiots posting numbers selectively acknowledging that half the stars are doing unprecedented shit because the league modified itself to allow it.

I thought it couldn’t get worse 10 years ago. I’m finally understanding the “Cant fix stupid...” posters who just vanished years ago. Need to just transition to banning you jackasses from the shadows and never being seen again.

Care to offer a take on GOAT front court? 80s Celtics had been raised. Samson/Olijuan, Robinson/Duncan come to mind for me, but if we're looking at combo of 3, 4, 5, not sure I can think of a better quality trio, not because Drummond is remotely close to the class of other 5s in great front courts, but because AD/Bron is about as strong a duo as I can think of, and the third guy needs to be significantly better than Drummond to have an overall superior front court.

Thought about Malone/Dr J/?. Not sure the third piece puts them over. Don't even know who the third piece was. That was before I started watching. I don't care about this thread's obvious agenda, but the question if greates front court, and identifying candidates seems like an interesting subject to talk about.

hateraid
04-12-2021, 03:13 PM
So Lebron is trash, but now part of the most stacked frontcourt ever. Which is it OP?

hateraid
04-12-2021, 03:14 PM

Do it..the place is in need of a purge.

NBAGOAT
04-12-2021, 03:35 PM
3ball and tpols ever stop lol. they're really going be overhyping drummond based on his raw numbers when he literally has no value to any teams in the league. Has a 50ts% for a center in today's high efficiency era lol and just an abomination in the post.

AD indeed had a elite run in the playoffs last year. It doesnt mean he'll repeat that this year especially coming off an injury late. He had good matchups vs tucker and jokic for one and was making everything. He was the 2nd best player in the playoffs(they would argue 1st) and i dont think they believe thats easily repeatable. you dont heap praise on guys like kd, curry, and kawhi as top tier guys and suddenly believe ad is going be clearly better than all of them lol

3ball
04-12-2021, 03:59 PM
According to you guys, the Lakers have the top 2 players ever paired together in a frontcourt, because you guys think lebron > bird and we all know AD > McHale

Two legit cases for top 20 all-time are paired together in the frontcourt.. that's unprecedented

NBAGOAT
04-12-2021, 04:03 PM
According to you guys, the Lakers have the top 2 players ever paired together in a frontcourt, because you guys think lebron > bird and we all know AD > McHale

Two legit cases for top 20 all-time are paired together in the frontcourt.. that's unprecedented

duncan/drob happened 20 years ago as did hakeem/barkley a few years before. not it's not "unprecedented"

tpols
04-12-2021, 04:03 PM
3ball and tpols ever stop lol. they're really going be overhyping drummond based on his raw numbers when he literally has no value to any teams in the league. Has a 50ts% for a center in today's high efficiency era lol and just an abomination in the post.

AD indeed had a elite run in the playoffs last year. It doesnt mean he'll repeat that this year especially coming off an injury late. He had good matchups vs tucker and jokic for one and was making everything. He was the 2nd best player in the playoffs(they would argue 1st) and i dont think they believe thats easily repeatable. you dont heap praise on guys like kd, curry, and kawhi as top tier guys and suddenly believe ad is going be clearly better than all of them lol

Not easily repeatable? AD had the same productions on the pelicans. Go look up his playoff career numbers and you'd have to be a fool to not expect it to be repeated. Going from jrue holiday to LeBron made the difference in team success. Give him a legit star 2nd option and its ring time.

3ball
04-12-2021, 04:05 PM
duncan/drob happened 20 years ago as did hakeem/barkley a few years before. not it's not "unprecedented"

Those guys weren't in prime or MVP candidates like AD/Lebron, and AD > Drob especially the late 90's version

tpols
04-12-2021, 04:07 PM

you're really comparing a washed up Hakeem and Barkley to what LeBron and AD did?

mehyaM24
04-12-2021, 04:09 PM
you're really comparing a washed up Hakeem and Barkley to what LeBron and AD did?

he said a pair of top 20 all-timers. barkley/hakeem and duncan/robinson were exactly that, so what are you whining for?

NBAGOAT
04-12-2021, 04:10 PM
Not easily repeatable? AD had the same productions on the pelicans. Go look up his playoff career numbers and you'd have to be a fool to not expect it to be repeated. Going from jrue holiday to LeBron made the difference in team success. Give him a legit star 2nd option and its ring time.

yes stats are great but that's such a small sample size before la and more in line with his rs numbers compared to last years great run efficiency wise so yes I wouldnt bet on it. He shot the midrange in the playoffs last year like he was prime dirk when he's a career 40% guy, that part is likely not repeatable.

Also even if he puts up great numbers again, you really going tell me now you have him as better than kd/steph/kawhi after praising them for years lol. I dont see him as better than them and I think most surveys would agree.

3ball
04-12-2021, 04:10 PM
he said a pair of top 20 all-time players. barkley/hakeem and duncan/robinson were exactly that, so what are you whining for?

We're assuming primes, otherwise who cares who they are

ShawkFactory
04-12-2021, 04:13 PM
People associate Lebron with SF, but he has been the actual listed point guard for the Lakers for 2 years. And he performs offensively as a PG in almost every way, other than an occasional touch on the block should there be a mismatch off of a switch. But Magic and other larger PGs have historically done this as well.

I'm not sure that it's correct to include him as a member of their front court. And by not sure I mean it's factually incorrect.

He's plays in the backcourt for the Lakers.

The Bird/McHale, Barkley/Hakeem, Duncan/Robinson comparisons don't apply to Lebron and AD's situation.

tpols
04-12-2021, 04:14 PM
yes stats are great but that's such a small sample size before la and more in line with his rs numbers compared to last years great run efficiency wise so yes I wouldnt bet on it. He shot the midrange in the playoffs last year like he was prime dirk when he's a career 40% guy, that part is likely not repeatable.

Also even if he puts up great numbers again, you really going tell me now you have him as better than kd/steph/kawhi after praising them for years lol. I dont see him as better than them and I think most surveys would agree.

If he plays better than them in a specific year than yes. Like last year AD easily outplayed Kawhi in the playoffs. So for it to be a shock to you means you still don't realize how good he is at basketball.

NBAGOAT

hakeem isnt washed up in 97, last year of his prime 7th in mvp voting. Barkley's not that bad still an all star like top 25. And for 3ball, duncan was already a MVP candidate by 99. He asked for top a frontcourt duo with two top 20 all time and both satisfy it. Also didnt even notice it at first but just lol at AD having a legit case for top 20 all time.

mehyaM24
We're assuming primes, otherwise who cares who they are

that disclaimer wasn't originally part of the equation. so obviously you do lol

lebron isn't in his prime either.

3ball
04-12-2021, 04:17 PM
you do apparently since you never made that disclaimer until now.

It's intuitive and assumed.. :confusedshrug:.. but I'll try to list all disclaimers from now on

It was a shot in the dark tbh... The thought occurred to me that AD/Lebron were the goat frontcourt, and a slow, grinch-like grin appeared on my face as I realized they were... infact... the 2 best players ever paired together in a frontcourt

mehyaM24
04-12-2021, 04:18 PM
It's intuitive and assumed.. :confusedshrug:.. but I'll try to list all disclaimers from now on

It was a shot in the dark tbh... The thought occurred to me that AD/Lebron were the goat frontcourt, and a slow, grinch-like grin appeared on my face as I realized they were... infact... the 2 best players ever paired together in a frontcourt

lebron isn't in his prime though, so you're just grandstanding. come on pal. don't run from your words.

NBAGOAT
04-12-2021, 04:18 PM
If he plays better than them in a specific year than yes. Like last year AD easily outplayed Kawhi in the playoffs. So for it to be a shock to you means you still don't realize how good he is at basketball.

stop being dense. something happening last year doesnt mean it's guaranteed or even likely to happen again this year. You never used this logic for countless other instances when they didnt support your preconceived opinions.

Hell I'll go in a very simple direction, lebron easily outplayed kawhi last year in the playoffs. I guess that means he's a better player than kawhi and will outplay him in the playoffs again this year?

3ball
04-12-2021, 04:21 PM
lebron isn't in his prime though, so you're just grandstanding. come on pal. don't run from your words.

Lebron is an mvp candidate

Good enough

NBAGOAT
04-12-2021, 04:21 PM

so late prime lebron's better than late prime hakeem/early duncan according to you now good to know because by your quote he's half of the "2 best players ever paired together in a frontcourt". let's say we disagree on how you rate AD but you'll never be convinced there

Ainosterhaspie
04-12-2021, 04:22 PM
McHale/Parish/Bird with Walton off the bench is an eye-poppingingly loaded front court. And it's not prime LeBron to prime Bird. Even if one thinks LeBron>Bird overall, that doesn't necessarily mean '21 LeBron > '86 Bird.

There's groups like Pippen/Olijuan/Barkley to consider (yes all past prime, but then so is LeBron and Drummond isn't in any of those guys' class old or not). Malone/Jones/DrJ should be considered, not to mention some of Russell's Celtics teams and Lakers depending on how you classify Magic and LeBron who have front court size but often play the role of Point Guard.

3ball
04-12-2021, 04:22 PM
so late prime lebron's better than late prime hakeem/early duncan according to you now good to know because by your quote he's half of the "2 best players ever paired together in a frontcourt". let's say we disagree on how you rate AD but you'll never be convinced there

No, but AD > old Hakeem or rookie/soph Duncan

NBAGOAT
04-12-2021, 04:26 PM
No, but AD > old Hakeem or rookie/soph Duncan

okay we disagree especially on soph duncan who's best player in the league. You forgot you were comparing ad to late prime drob initially lol so figure out if you want to ad to the 1st/2nd guys and stay consistent.

mehyaM24
04-12-2021, 04:27 PM
Lebron is an mvp candidate

Good enough

from all-timers to prime to mvp candidate. you're all over the map lol. can you stick with one premise? since you want to talk "MVP" though, lebron is 8th on the ladder.

https://www.nba.com/news/kia-mvp-ladder-april-9-edition

hakeem was #7 in 97 and duncan was #3 in 99 :confusedshrug: so not "unprecedented" as you thought actually.

3ball
04-12-2021, 04:29 PM
from all-timers to prime to mvp candidate. you're all over the map lol. can you stick with one premise? since you want to talk "MVP" though, lebron is 8th on the ladder.

https://www.nba.com/news/kia-mvp-ladder-april-9-edition

hakeem was 7th in 97 and duncan was 3rd in 99 :confusedshrug:

Ok good argument

Except AD > rookie Duncan or old Hakeem

so AD is the key here... He makes 2 MVP candidates in the same frontcourt, aka goat frontcourt

mehyaM24
04-12-2021, 04:40 PM
Ok good argument

Except AD > rookie Duncan or old Hakeem

so AD is the key here... He makes 2 MVP candidates in the same frontcourt, aka goat frontcourt

i can agree with that. but you're changing your argument again lol.

tpols
04-12-2021, 04:46 PM
stop being dense. something happening last year doesnt mean it's guaranteed or even likely to happen again this year. You never used this logic for countless other instances when they didnt support your preconceived opinions.

Hell I'll go in a very simple direction, lebron easily outplayed kawhi last year in the playoffs. I guess that means he's a better player than kawhi and will outplay him in the playoffs again this year?

Its entirely possible. LeBron has outplayed Kawhi in quite a few playoff runs. Its hilarious that you think AD had some fluke run. He averages 30+ PPG in the playoffs with elite defense for his CAREER. So if its still a shock to you, there's no helping.

Manny98
04-12-2021, 06:49 PM
Duncan & Robinson were a much more talented front court

KirbyPls
04-12-2021, 07:28 PM
Thread Cliffs:

It would be the GOAT upset in history if ancient Lebron and hobbled AD can win the chip this year. It isn't happening, but it would be an upset of mythical proportions, like 2016.