PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody noticed that Kevin Durant has never led the playoffs in an advanced stat?

HBK_Kliq_2
04-12-2021, 12:36 PM
Has anybody noticed that Kevin Durant has never led the playoffs in a single advanced stat? Not BPM, vorp, win shares, PER or anything.

Kawhi has led the playoffs in BPM in 2016

BPM, OBPM, PER, win share per 48 in 2017

VORP, win shares, offensive win shares, defensive win shares in 2019

But Durant has none? Lol how do you not lead in at least one statistic when he has played longer then Kawhi.

Kiddlovesnets
04-12-2021, 12:37 PM
He won FMVP in 2017 and 2018.

AirBonner
04-12-2021, 12:37 PM
Kawhi > Durant

Durant needs an equal teammate to be successful meanwhile Kawhi has to drag a worse version of Pippen to the playoffs

HBK_Kliq_2
04-12-2021, 12:57 PM
He won FMVP in 2017 and 2018.

True but I figure he would of led in an advanced stat. Give me VORP, win shares or something. Even a random BPM leader. Nothing. LeBron was always hogging it in the early 2010s and then kawhi started hogging in 2016-2019.

HBK_Kliq_2
04-12-2021, 01:01 PM
Kawhi > Durant

Durant needs an equal teammate to be successful meanwhile Kawhi has to drag a worse version of Pippen to the playoffs

Agreed. No offense to Durant fans, just my opinion on the internet. Kawhi is better then Durant at every single aspect of basketball. Kawhi didn't pickup any bad habits like Durant. Kawhi has better shot selection, better passer, better rebounder, better defender, more fluid in his offensive moves, much stronger physically.

Pretty much to sum it up, Kawhi is what Durant fans think Durant is. Similar to how Kawhi is what Kobe fans think Kobe was.

Mr. Woke
04-12-2021, 01:30 PM
Kawhi > Durant

Kawhi got lucky that KD only played like 10 min or so in the 2019 finals.

Mr. Woke
04-12-2021, 01:31 PM
Agreed. No offense to Durant fans, just my opinion on the internet. Kawhi is better then Durant at every single aspect of basketball. Kawhi didn't pickup any bad habits like Durant. Kawhi has better shot selection, better passer, better rebounder, better defender, more fluid in his offensive moves, much stronger physically.

Pretty much to sum it up, Kawhi is what Durant fans think Durant is. Similar to how Kawhi is what Kobe fans think Kobe was.

You are delusional.

KD is a superior player.

999Guy
04-12-2021, 03:04 PM

Probably closer to true than false.

Kawhi can’t shoot purely like Durant but he has none of Kobe or Durant’s flaws and bad habits.

Kawhi is pretty much flawless for his play style from being developed by Popovich since he was an NBA baby. That’s a huge advantage but Kawhi was coachable and has incredibly good fundamentals and discipline on both ends.

Kawhi hasn’t had a bad defensive season, ever. In his life.

Meanwhile Durant and Kobe made several coaching staffs sick in their prime with different types of bad defense. Kobe being a gambling coaster, and Durant being a block chaser with slow feet, poor awareness and no intention of boxing out, ever, even in the playoffs of his last two GS years. Let alone his OKC career.

And at this point Kawhi is flat out superior to Durant as a playmaker. He pretty much doesn’t turn the ball over anymore.

Bronbron23
04-12-2021, 03:06 PM
Has anybody noticed that Kevin Durant has never led the playoffs in a single advanced stat? Not BPM, vorp, win shares, PER or anything.

Kawhi has led the playoffs in BPM in 2016

BPM, OBPM, PER, win share per 48 in 2017

VORP, win shares, offensive win shares, defensive win shares in 2019

But Durant has none? Lol how do you not lead in at least one statistic when he has played longer then Kawhi.

Who gives a f*ck stat geek. The guy won 2 fmvps.

Hmmmm i wonder what literally every player ever would rather have? The best vorp, bpm or per or a fmvp?

jlip
04-12-2021, 03:24 PM
I can honestly say that this completely useless fact never once came even remotely close to crossing my mind.

mehyaM24
04-12-2021, 03:32 PM
well he's played on loaded teams for one. durant simply isn't going to lead stats like this when playing with westbrook/harden or curry/klay. wont happen in brooklyn either with harden playing like the MVP. for as great as durant is, his help along the way has been even greater.

Real Men Wear Green
04-12-2021, 03:45 PM
I can honestly say that this completely useless fact never once came even remotely close to crossing my mind.

This.

Bronbron23
04-12-2021, 04:31 PM
This thread is a perfect example of everything that's wrong with the new generation of fans.

3ball
04-12-2021, 04:34 PM
Kawhi > Durant

Isn't lebron the same as Durant though because he needs an equal teammate (AD) or two stars (wade/bosh and kyrie/love)

L8krH8tr
04-12-2021, 04:34 PM
I fuccing can't stand this Kawhi nut sack lover, and I really hope the flippers fail because of him.

dankok8
04-12-2021, 06:01 PM
In all seriousness I think there is a case for Kawhi over Durant as the better player. In a career comparison, Durant is clearly ahead.

ShawkFactory
04-12-2021, 06:33 PM
In all seriousness I think there is a case for Kawhi over Durant as the better player. In a career comparison, Durant is clearly ahead.

There's definitely a case there. There's a case for Kawhi over Lebron as a player too. Even at Lebron's best. Is it a winning case? I don't think so personally but it's definitely compelling.

These guys are way closer than people tend to think based on the general way players are ranked. Would Kareem have been chosen in a draft over Moses Malone going in to the early 80s? Probably, but there would have been a debate. All great players are pretty close to each other. Circumstances tend to move the needle when it comes to perception more than people care to acknowledge.

Like, what if you gave Andrew Luck a great offensive line with weapons all over the field his rookie year like Patrick Mahomes? There are so many levels to greatness.