PDA

View Full Version : If you hate player empowerment, you are gutter trash...

Mr. Woke
04-12-2021, 01:48 PM
and have slaveowner tendencies.

The NBA doesn't have enough player empowerment. It's pathetic how some so-called "NBA fans" insist on bootlicking the owners and the corporations instead of supporting the talent that attracts the viewers.

It's pathetic how people bitch about players who want to win and team up with other talented players, but praise teams when they acquire as much talent as possible in order to maximize their chances of winning. That double standard that many folks have is disgusting and shameful.

It's pathetic how people bitch about players who leave their teams in free agency (like LeBron and KD). A player doesn't owe his entire career to a team, nor does he owe a team a championship before he leaves. Those same people who bitch about players leaving in free agency would also criticize those players for requesting trades. Those people are putrid hypocrites.

Speaking about trade requests, a trade request is not a breach of contract. Anyone who says otherwise is a goddam liar.

Anyone who hates player empowerment is not a real NBA fan in my book. No one can convince me otherwise.

tontoz
04-12-2021, 02:08 PM
You mad? :lol

Free agents certainly have the right to go where they want. However there is a downside to the collusion era. There used to be rivalries which really dont exist any more.

Also there is a difference between requesting a trade to management and publicly demanding a trade. These contracts are guaranteed. When you sign a contract you are obligated to fulfill it. It's called the law.

Gimmedarock
04-12-2021, 02:26 PM
I can’t argue. I have no problem with a player getting drafted and being under contract with a team for maybe 3 years. After that, a player should be able to determine where they play. Maybe it’s because I don’t live in a city with a team but my focus is on the players. I love the Warriors but if Steph left, I wouldn’t be watching them. There’s no honor in staying with one team forever. Go get you a ring. I’d rather see 3 or 4 super teams over 20 solid teams.

Mr. Woke
04-12-2021, 02:35 PM
You mad? :lol

Free agents certainly have the right to go where they want. However there is a downside to the collusion era. There used to be rivalries which really dont exist any more.

Also there is a difference between requesting a trade to management and publicly demanding a trade. These contracts are guaranteed. When you sign a contract you are obligated to fulfill it. It's called the law.

Players are allowed to talk to each other. Take off the nostalgia goggles. Rivalries still exist nowadays, just like they did before.

A trade request can also be public. A player would only have to pay a small fine in that case, which is ridiculous but whatever. A team cannot void a contract simply because a player made a public trade request.

Mr. Woke
04-12-2021, 02:36 PM
I can’t argue. I have no problem with a player getting drafted and being under contract with a team for maybe 3 years. After that, a player should be able to determine where they play. Maybe it’s because I don’t live in a city with a team but my focus is on the players. I love the Warriors but if Steph left, I wouldn’t be watching them. There’s no honor in staying with one team forever. Go get you a ring. I’d rather see 3 or 4 super teams over 20 solid teams.

I agree 100%.

Ainosterhaspie
04-12-2021, 02:43 PM
You ever pause to consider that maybe the fans would like to have stars on their teams and that all the stars joining the same team reduces fan enjoyment and that maybe the fans are more concerned about that than supporting the owners. I'm fairly certain fans have damn near zero interest in what is good for the owners. They want to have their team have stars and be competitive. Players all gathering on a handful of teams takes that away from the fan, so they're going to be upset.

People making millions of dollars to play a game should never be compared to slaves. There is no meaningful similarity between the two. The worst payed NBA journeyman is set for life as one of the wealthiest people in this country after just a handful of years playing if they are not fools with their money. If you can work for five years and never work a day the rest of your life, and still be better off than the vast majority of everyone else, you have no right invoking the horrors of slavery as being anything remotely comparable to what you face.

By the way, a lot of players would make a lot more money if they'd stop teaming up for rings and just went where they could get the most money. Instead they leave millions on the table chasing rings so they can get fan approval because at the end of the day, the only way to win over large swathes of the fan base is to win a ring. The problem isn't that the fans are supporting owners over players, it's that they evaluate individual players based on team accolades instead of individual performances.

tontoz
04-12-2021, 02:44 PM
Players are allowed to talk to each other. Take off the nostalgia goggles. Rivalries still exist nowadays, just like they did before.

A trade request can also be public. A player would only have to pay a small fine in that case, which is ridiculous but whatever. A team cannot void a contract simply because a player made a public trade request.

What would you say is a rivalry now?

And the team doesn't have to trade a player that is under contract. They can tell him to F off and enforce his contract. They can also refuse to pay the player when they miss games to go to a birthday party. :oldlol:

Mr. Woke
04-12-2021, 02:51 PM
What would you say is a rivalry now?

And the team doesn't have to trade a player that is under contract. They can tell him to F off and enforce his contract. They can also refuse to pay the player when they miss games to go to a birthday party. :oldlol:

This season, the Nets and the Lakers are clearly strong rivals.

Teams can do that stuff. It's on them if they choose otherwise.

Don't make excuses for teams.

Mr. Woke
04-12-2021, 02:55 PM
You ever pause to consider that maybe the fans would like to have stars on their teams and that all the stars joining the same team reduces fan enjoyment and that maybe the fans are more concerned about that than supporting the owners. I'm fairly certain fans have damn near zero interest in what is good for the owners. They want to have their team have stars and be competitive. Players all gathering on a handful of teams takes that away from the fan, so they're going to be upset.

People making millions of dollars to play a game should never be compared to slaves. There is no meaningful similarity between the two. The worst payed NBA journeyman is set for life as one of the wealthiest people in this country after just a handful of years playing if they are not fools with their money. If you can work for five years and never work a day the rest of your life, and still be better off than the vast majority of everyone else, you have no right invoking the horrors of slavery as being anything remotely comparable to what you face.

By the way, a lot of players would make a lot more money if they'd stop teaming up for rings and just went where they could get the most money. Instead they leave millions on the table chasing rings so they can get fan approval because at the end of the day, the only way to win over large swathes of the fan base is to win a ring. The problem isn't that the fans are supporting owners over players, it's that they evaluate individual players based on team accolades instead of individual performances.

Quit being disingenuous. Not "all the stars are joining the same team." That is literally impossible.

There are several teams playing well this year. However, only one team can win it all. That has been the case every year since the NBA's inception. If you lose, better luck next year.

I was exaggerating to prove a point. Don't get bent out of shape about that.

Players also have endorsements. Also, it's not like players are giving up a shit ton of money in order to play with other All-Stars. Stop exaggerating.

AirBonner
04-12-2021, 02:57 PM
Ah yes nba players have no rights compared to us low income folks. How about you advocate for the minimum wage average joe? Ah because you are a piece of shit who has never worked a day in his life.

Ainosterhaspie
04-12-2021, 03:00 PM
Quit being disingenuous. Not "all the stars are joining the same team." That is literally impossible.

There are several teams playing well this year. However, only one team can win it all. That has been the case every year since the NBA's inception. If you lose, better luck next year.

I was exaggerating to prove a point. Don't get bent out of shape about that.

Players also have endorsements. Also, it's not like players are giving up a shit ton of money in order to play with other All-Stars. Stop exaggerating.

So if I exaggerate, I'm being disingenuous, but if you exaggerate it's proving a point?

Bronbron23
04-12-2021, 03:02 PM
and have slaveowner tendencies.

The NBA doesn't have enough player empowerment. It's pathetic how some so-called "NBA fans" insist on bootlicking the owners and the corporations instead of supporting the talent that attracts the viewers.

It's pathetic how people bitch about players who want to win and team up with other talented players, but praise teams when they acquire as much talent as possible in order to maximize their chances of winning. That double standard that many folks have is disgusting and shameful.

It's pathetic how people bitch about players who leave their teams in free agency (like LeBron and KD). A player doesn't owe his entire career to a team, nor does he owe a team a championship before he leaves. Those same people who bitch about players leaving in free agency would also criticize those players for requesting trades. Those people are putrid hypocrites.

Speaking about trade requests, a trade request is not a breach of contract. Anyone who says otherwise is a goddam liar.

Anyone who hates player empowerment is not a real NBA fan in my book. No one can convince me otherwise.

2 things can be true dude. Yeah players should use there power to negotiate the best possible situation for themselves. Hard to hate on that. At the same time all the colluding and team hoping makes for a weaker product. It is what it is.

2much_knowledge
04-12-2021, 03:11 PM
Fck that banana boat garbage
You wanna feel free to call up your buddies to join super teams and get easier rings? Fine... but it just doesn't have the same value of winning a ring the hard way.

Put some respect in the players who stay the course and work hard to do whatever it takes to beat your nemesis and prove that they are better than the other 3-4 top players in the league.

I admire what cp3 is doing. Of all the team and all the friends he has, he joined Pheonix and now he is kicking ass without a stacked team

Take note

tontoz
04-12-2021, 03:11 PM
This season, the Nets and the Lakers are clearly strong rivals.

Teams can do that stuff. It's on them if they choose otherwise.

Don't make excuses for teams.

So teams that played one game against each other without several of their star players are now rivals? :roll:

I rest my case.

2much_knowledge
04-12-2021, 03:29 PM
So teams that played one game against each other without several of their star players are now rivals? :roll:

I rest my case.

All time rivalry lol. The stars throwing water bottles from the bench to hit each other hahaha

EagleFang
04-12-2021, 04:55 PM
Mr. Woke has autism, just ignore him.

MaxPlayer
04-12-2021, 05:06 PM
The real fascists are those referees. Always telling the players when they can and can't step onto the court, when they're allowed to inbound, how many steps they're allowed to take with the ball. It's oppression, I tells ya.

ArbitraryWater
04-12-2021, 05:10 PM
OP fuming and turning a discussion into something its not even about.

What a fakkit haha.

ArbitraryWater
04-12-2021, 05:10 PM
The real fascists are those referees. Always telling the players when they can and can't step onto the court, when they're allowed to inbound, how many steps they're allowed to take with the ball. It's oppression, I tells ya.

Its slavery!

Glad im woke to see it

Mr. Woke
04-13-2021, 12:09 AM
Ah yes nba players have no rights compared to us low income folks. How about you advocate for the minimum wage average joe? Ah because you are a piece of shit who has never worked a day in his life.

Nope.

I will always be a huge supporter of player empowerment.

Anyone against player empowerment is a fascist scumbag.

Mr. Woke
04-13-2021, 12:10 AM
So if I exaggerate, I'm being disingenuous, but if you exaggerate it's proving a point?

You are damn right boy.

Mr. Woke
04-13-2021, 12:11 AM
2 things can be true dude. Yeah players should use there power to negotiate the best possible situation for themselves. Hard to hate on that. At the same time all the colluding and team hoping makes for a weaker product. It is what it is.

Colluding is something that players are allowed to do (same with switching teams). The product is much better nowadays.

The NBA of previous eras was shit in comparison.

Mr. Woke
04-13-2021, 12:14 AM
Fck that banana boat garbage
You wanna feel free to call up your buddies to join super teams and get easier rings? Fine... but it just doesn't have the same value of winning a ring the hard way.

Put some respect in the players who stay the course and work hard to do whatever it takes to beat your nemesis and prove that they are better than the other 3-4 top players in the league.

I admire what cp3 is doing. Of all the team and all the friends he has, he joined Pheonix and now he is kicking ass without a stacked team

Take note

All rings are worth the same.

The Suns have two All-Star caliber players, a fairly deep bench, and have been lucky (with regard to covid-19). I like CP3, but I do not respect him more just because he is in Phoenix.

Take note.

Mr. Woke
04-13-2021, 12:14 AM

I rest my case.

This season they are rivals.

You are such a dumbass.

Mr. Woke
04-13-2021, 12:15 AM
Mr. Woke has autism, just ignore him.

You have autism.

Mr. Woke
04-13-2021, 12:15 AM
OP fuming and turning a discussion into something its not even about.

What a fakkit haha.

You are very triggered right now.

Go suck a cawk.

Axe
04-13-2021, 12:17 AM
'Low income folk' but brags a 2020 tacoma :roll:

Seems kinda farfetched tbh

Manny98
04-13-2021, 09:37 AM
OP donated his paycheck to BLM

jayfan
04-13-2021, 09:49 AM
Colluding is something that players are allowed to do (same with switching teams). The product is much better nowadays.

If the product is better, it's because there are more quality players in the league. Not because players are colluding.

tontoz
04-13-2021, 09:50 AM
This season they are rivals.

You are such a dumbass.

One game (a regular season blowout no less) makes them a rivalry. :roll:

Bronbron23
04-13-2021, 09:56 AM

Yes they're allowed to do it and like i said i can't hate on them for wanting the best situation for them but the product is clearly not better. There's absolutely no evidence that suggests this. Brong back real defense and maybe it would be.

Akeem34TheDream
04-13-2021, 10:00 AM
:roll:

Akeem34TheDream
04-13-2021, 10:02 AM
Yeah I agree. Additionally, I hope NBA abolish the salary cap. I support players movement and salary cap kinda prevents it. I also hate competition.

Mr. Woke
04-13-2021, 11:22 AM
If the product is better, it's because there are more quality players in the league. Not because players are colluding.

There are more quality players, and the players have more initiative than players of previous eras.

Mr. Woke
04-13-2021, 11:23 AM
Yes they're allowed to do it and like i said i can't hate on them for wanting the best situation for them but the product is clearly not better. There's absolutely no evidence that suggests this. Brong back real defense and maybe it would be.

Defense is still alive and well.

Try watching some games every now and then.

Mr. Woke
04-13-2021, 11:23 AM
One game (a regular season blowout no less) makes them a rivalry. :roll:

They are rivals.

Quit embarrassing yourself.

Mr. Woke
04-13-2021, 11:24 AM

I proudly donated to BLM because I actually care about social justice.

AirBonner
04-13-2021, 11:33 AM

That would imply that op has a job