PDA

View Full Version : Steph Curry will have a bigger NBA impact than Wilt Chamberlain - agree?

mehyaM24
04-13-2021, 03:37 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_r55DXrobo

with the indoctrination of threes, its kind of hard to argue. not only is curry the best 3 point shooter ever, he's probably THE best shooter period.

tontoz
04-13-2021, 03:55 PM
Lebron stans...... ASSEMBLE!

Actually this is the one topic where 3ball and the Lebron stans can work together. :oldlol:

Bronbron23
04-13-2021, 03:58 PM
No not really. I think the first part of this video says it all. The nba put in 5 rules to hurt wilt while the nba in this generations put in 5 rules to help curry.

As far as impact on the game as a whole teams don't shoot as many threes as they do now because of cury they shoot them because of daryl morey and D'Antoni. This is a fact that I've already proven on this forum. Steph just did it better and his lying fan base falsely give credit to curry. If anything curry will have a negative impact on the game by no fault of his own. Kids everywhere now want to blaze a shit ton of threes from insane distance but the only problem is alot of curry's shots are bad shots for anyone not named curry or maybe lillard so this new generation are coming learning bad habits like bad shot selection, sloppy careless passing and questionable defense. Again this works for curry but it won't work for 99.9 % of the bball population.

As far as impact on the court it's easily wilt. He was as good of a scorer but better in every other aspect of the game. Basically curry impacts 60% of the game and wilt impacts 100%

72-10
04-13-2021, 04:04 PM
What a joke. Could we lock the thread?

mehyaM24
04-13-2021, 04:26 PM
No not really. I think the first part of this video says it all. The nba put in 5 rules to hurt wilt while the nba in this generations put in 5 rules to help curry.

As far as impact on the game as a whole teams don't shoot as many threes as they do now because of cury they shoot them because of daryl morey and D'Antoni. This is a fact that I've already proven on this forum. Steph just did it better and his lying fan base falsely give credit to curry. If anything curry will have a negative impact on the game by no fault of his own. Kids everywhere now want to blaze a shit ton of threes from insane distance but the only problem is alot of curry's shots are bad shots for anyone not named curry or maybe lillard so this new generation are coming learning bad habits like bad shot selection, sloppy careless passing and questionable defense. Again this works for curry but it won't work for 99.9 % of the bball population.

As far as impact on the court it's easily wilt. He was as good of a scorer but better in every other aspect of the game. Basically curry impacts 60% of the game and wilt impacts 100%

some pretty decent points on your end. i think with recency bias and how the game has turned, curry will probably have more influence. for better or worse. i agree that he wont pass wilt all-time.

relax pal. not like i personally thought of the topic. its relayed from a debate show.

tontoz
04-13-2021, 04:27 PM
relax pal. not like i personally thought of the topic. its relayed from a debate show.

Look at his username. I can see why he would be bitter. :oldlol:

light
04-13-2021, 04:46 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_r55DXrobo

with the indoctrination of threes, its kind of hard to argue. not only is curry the best 3 point shooter ever, he's probably THE best shooter period.

Nah. Look, the league changed all sorts of rules because Wilt was too dominant. Those rules are now standard and have been standard for decades. That hasn't happened with Steph. In fact, no rule has changed because of Steph.

Also, the Houston Rockets were the pioneers of the three point shooting revolution when they started chucking 30 threes per game when the league average was still only 18. The Rockets led the league in outrageous three point shooting totals for three years before the Warriors started matching them in 2016.

My point - Steph was not solely responsible for the three revolution whereas Wilt was solely responsible for the restructuring of the key dimensions, paint rules and offensive goaltending.

Duderonomy
04-13-2021, 04:48 PM
I'd say Durant is a better comparison to Wilt. Curry couldn't carry a team like Wilt could i promise you that.

tontoz
04-13-2021, 04:53 PM
Also, the Houston Rockets were the pioneers of the three point shooting revolution when they started chucking 30 threes per game when the league average was still only 18. The Rockets led the league in outrageous three point shooting totals for three years before the Warriors started matching them in 2016.

My point - Steph was not solely responsible for the three revolution whereas Wilt was solely responsible for the restructuring of the key dimensions, paint rules and offensive goaltending.

So do you think kids around the world started spamming 3s because of Morey?

Stephonit
04-13-2021, 05:44 PM
some pretty decent points on your end. i think with recency bias and how the game has turned, curry will probably have more influence. for better or worse. i agree that he wont pass wilt all-time.

He's already passed Wilt on the Warriors. He's going to pass Wilt all-time if he hasn't already.

JohnMax
04-13-2021, 05:45 PM
All these white dudes hate Curry because they fear his success will encourage race-mixing.

Stephonit
04-13-2021, 05:47 PM

Morey and D'Antoni only teamed up in 2017 after Curry's stupendous year.

Winners tend to have more impact than losers. Not to mention Curry is closer to an everyman than Wilt is. Curry is likely to have more impact than Wilt.

Bronbron23
04-13-2021, 06:04 PM

Yeah it's an interesting thread. There's way more exposure now also with social media and all the sport shows.

As far as passing wilt i guess he still could if he can finish his career strong like bron is doing. It dosn't look like that will happen at this point with klay coming off 2 major surgeries and dray falling off but who knows where he'll go or who warriors will pick up if he stays. A fmvp, another chip and another mvp would go a long way in accomplishing that it's just hard to picture that at this point.

warriorfan
04-13-2021, 06:38 PM
@wheels
@3ball
@cavsftw

Bronbron23
04-13-2021, 06:53 PM
Morey and D'Antoni only teamed up in 2017 after Curry's stupendous year.

Winners tend to have more impact than losers. Not to mention Curry is closer to an everyman than Wilt is. Curry is likely to have more impact than Wilt.

I wasn't talking about them together. D'Antoni set it off in the mid 2000's in Phoenix when they were top in the league with threes setting the record in 3 point attempts. Morey took it to a new level when he joined rockets a little less than 10 years later. He came out with the analytics on why threes are greater than 2 and the rockets pretty much lead the league in attempts from that point on. Warriors just reacted like the rest of the league and of course did it better than anyone with the 2 best shooters ever.

As far as curry passing wilt who knows. He has recency bias on his side so there's a good chance he will.

Axe
04-13-2021, 07:17 PM
:roll:

At least wilt chamberlain has a finals mvp

72-10
04-13-2021, 10:05 PM

To tell you the truth, I've kinda changed my views about your thread. After all, you put it in the hypothetical, we don't really know what the future holds, but Wilt is at worst the second most impactful player to play basketball.

red1
04-13-2021, 10:19 PM
curry might be the most impactful player as far as the how people play - you cant replicate GOAT athleticism as a scrub but you can definitely chuck from halfcourt

no surprise that he's more impactful than wilt

Manny98
04-13-2021, 10:33 PM
Curry changed the way the game is played for ever

Wilt is a overrated choker who got used as a jizzrag by Bill Russell

There's levels to this

Stephonit
04-13-2021, 11:36 PM
I wasn't talking about them together. D'Antoni set it off in the mid 2000's in Phoenix when they were top in the league with threes setting the record in 3 point attempts. Morey took it to a new level when he joined rockets a little less than 10 years later. He came out with the analytics on why threes are greater than 2 and the rockets pretty much lead the league in attempts from that point on. Warriors just reacted like the rest of the league and of course did it better than anyone with the 2 best shooters ever.

As far as curry passing wilt who knows. He has recency bias on his side so there's a good chance he will.

D'Antoni and the Nash Suns were admired. But because they ultimately didn't win a championship, their style of play remained unproven and questionable in the eyes of basketball analysts.

Morey may have popularized the analytical theories of why more 3-point shooting is better and may have implemented it more with the Rockets but when it came to demonstrating the effectiveness of those theories the Rockets were second place to the Dubs. Curry and Klay were making a splash at the same time. The term Splash Brothers was coined in December of 2012. They may not have had a GM or coach with a 3-point strategy and theory pushing them but their natural talent with 3s demanded they shoot it. As I've reminded you before Curry set the record for threes made in 2013. The Rockets only became comparably or more associated with 3s when they went all-in on the strategy in 2017 when they hired D'Antoni after seeing Curry eviscerate the league in 2016.

Axe
04-13-2021, 11:40 PM
D'Antoni and the Nash Suns were admired. But because they ultimately didn't win a championship, their style of play remained unproven and questionable in the eyes of basketball analysts.

Morey may have popularized the analytical theories of why more 3-point shooting is better and may have implemented it more with the Rockets but when it came to demonstrating the effectiveness of those theories the Rockets were second place to the Dubs. Curry and Klay were making a splash at the same time. The term Splash Brothers was coined in December of 2012. They may not have had a GM or coach with a 3-point strategy and theory pushing them but their natural talent with 3s demanded they shoot it. As I've reminded you before Curry set the record for threes made in 2013. The Rockets only became comparably or more associated with 3s when they went all-in on the strategy in 2017 when they hired D'Antoni after seeing Curry eviscerate the league in 2016.
Really? What did the splash bros win during the mark jackson era?

Stephonit
04-13-2021, 11:43 PM
Really? What did the splash bros win during the mark jackson era?

The comparison is with the Houston Rockets led by Harden under Morey. When did the Rockets finish ahead of the Warriors during that time?

Axe
04-13-2021, 11:52 PM
The comparison is with the Houston Rockets led by Harden under Morey. When did the Rockets finish ahead of the Warriors during that time?
The rockets won 54 games in 2014, three games ahead of the warriors which became mark jackson's last time coaching those dubs. Also in 2018 (65 games) and last year (44 games), if more recent seasons under morey are to be considered.

Stephonit
04-13-2021, 11:54 PM
The rockets won 54 games in 2014, three games ahead of the warriors which became mark jackson's last time coaching those dubs. Also in 2018 (65 games) and last year (44 games), if more recent seasons under morey are to be considered.

Dubs went 7 games in the first round in 2014. Rockets went 6. 2018 and later that you refer to are not the Mark Jackson era.

Axe
04-13-2021, 11:57 PM
Dubs went 7 games in the first round in 2014. Rockets went 6. 2018 and later that you refer to are not the Mark Jackson era.
Sure but wait a minute.. I thought we're only talking about the regular season here and not their respective finishes in the playoffs?

Stephonit
04-13-2021, 11:59 PM
Sure but wait. I thought we're only talking about the regular season here and not their respective finishes in the playoffs?

I thought we were talking about their influence in promoting 3-pointers. Finishing 3 wins ahead in the regular season isn't making them the leaders in the 3-point ball movement.

Bronbron23
04-14-2021, 12:04 AM

Nah dude rockets have always shot more threes than Curry and the Warriors. You don't know what your talking about. When morey came to the rockets in 2012 they led the league at 30 which was the record all time. Warriors and curry weren't even top 10 in threes and shot 10 less threes a game. After that first year with morey the rest of the teams including the warriors tried playing catch up but rockets have always shot more. It's a nice story that curry stans like to tell but the reason the league and the warriors shoot so many threes is because of morey and the rockets. This is facts. Just go look at threes taken per year since curry joined the warriors. Or don't if you want to remain in denial.

Axe
04-14-2021, 12:06 AM
I thought we were talking about their influence in promoting 3-pointers. Finishing 3 wins ahead in the regular season isn't making them the leaders in the 3-point ball movement.
Right. That's why i asked what did the splash bros win during the mark jackson era tho you've managed to deflect it with those questions somehow while i never said anything about morey as rockets gm doing a better job than them in terms of promoting 3-pointers or anything like that.

Stephonit
04-14-2021, 12:11 AM
Nah dude rockets have always shot more threes than Curry and the Warriors. You don't know what your talking about. When morey came to the rockets in 2012 they led the league at 30 which was the record all time. Warriors and curry weren't even top 10 in threes and shot 10 less threes a game. After that first year with morey the rest of the teams including the warriors tried playing catch up but rockets have always shot more. It's a nice story that curry stans like to tell but the reason the league and tbe warriors shoots so many threes is because of morey and the rockets. This is facts. Just go look at threes taken per year since curry joined the warriors. Or don't if you want to remain in denial.

Is that what the Rockets did in 2012? Set the record for team 3-point attempts? Are you saying they changed the league shooting all those threes and finishing with a 34-win record? If anything I'd argue that might have tended to discourage its adoption. If that's all the Rockets did early on, clearly it was Curry who was the catalyst. Thank you for making it very clear.

3ball
04-14-2021, 12:41 AM
I just watched the curry 53 highlights and realized he would've had 26 points if it were the 70's because all those would be 2's

He's great at the technique that is threes

ShawkFactory
04-14-2021, 12:45 AM
I just watched the curry 53 highlights and realized he would've had 26 points if it were the 70's because all those would be 2's

:lol

coastalmarker99
04-14-2021, 03:34 AM
Wilt said it best, “ they changed all of the rules to stop me, they now changed the rules to help the modern-day players”

Stephonit
04-14-2021, 03:37 AM
Wilt said it best, “ they changed all of the rules to stop me, they now changed the rules to help the modern day players”

Wilt must have been more boring to watch than is commonly accepted if that is the case. The reason rule changes are usually made is to make the game more watchable. Then again I wouldn't put it past the league to have done some things to stop Wilt. They do similar to Curry too.

coastalmarker99
04-14-2021, 03:38 AM
Wilt must have been more boring to watch than is commonly accepted if that is the case. The reason rule changes are usually made is to make the game more watchable. Then again I wouldn't put it past the league to have done some things to stop Wilt. They do similar to Curry too.

Wilt invented the fade away, turn around off the glass and the finger roll. I would suggest stopping listening to narratives created by people who have a bias against him He actually has more skill than any "center" playing today, except for maybe dribbling. Then again if he could palm the ball like they're allowed to today, he probably would be able to dribble as well. He played for the Globetrotters, ffs.

coastalmarker99
04-14-2021, 03:40 AM
the NBA during Wilt's time was genuinely worried he was going to break the game and ruin it for everyone and he was still being offered to play in the Nba after he turned fifty years old, that shows how great Wilt was.

Everyone is jumping up and down when Steph has a 50-point game Wilt averaged 50 points a game in a season while averaging 25 rebounds a game and 10 blocks a game it's not even close between the two as to who had the greater impact on the Nba during their careers.

coastalmarker99
04-14-2021, 03:52 AM
I also truly hate how the present-day Media disrespect and are intimidated by Wilt Chamberlain's greatness. To such a point that whenever they talk about records, they deliberately exclude his era.

They say before 1977.. this guy was the first center to lead the league in assists and the first and only guy to do some truly god tier stuff on the basketball court.

I bet you money that today's NBA office resents Wilt Chamberlain just as much as they did throughout his career because he diminishes a lot of the stats they use to elevate current players and their greatness.

Manny98
04-14-2021, 04:02 AM
the NBA during Wilt's time was genuinely worried he was going to break the game and ruin it for everyone and he was still being offered to play in the Nba after he turned fifty years old, that shows how great Wilt was.

Everyone is jumping up and down when Steph has a 50-point game Wilt averaged 50 points a game in a season while averaging 25 rebounds a game and 10 blocks a game it's not even close between the two as to who had the greater impact on the Nba during their careers.
All those amazing stats yet 2/6 in the finals :(

Couldn't get it done when it actually mattered

coastalmarker99
04-14-2021, 04:07 AM
All those amazing stats yet 2/6 in the finals :(

Couldn't get it done when it actually mattered

I could say exactly the same thing about Lebron you do realise.

Lebron is a Ray Allen shot and Green suspension from being 2 and 8 in the finals despite playing on superteams and feasting on an incredibly weak east for most of his playoff career

SATAN
04-14-2021, 04:11 AM
I bet you money that today's NBA office resents Wilt Chamberlain just as much as they did throughout his career because he diminishes a lot of the stats they use to elevate current players and their greatness.

:whatever:

Kobe would have had a 120 point game in that era

coastalmarker99
04-14-2021, 04:13 AM
:whatever:

Kobe would have had a 120 point game in that era

Please as if his highest-scoring game was 81 points and that was with him being helped out by the three-point shot that didn't exist throughout the 1960s and 1970's.

You take away the three-point shot and Kobe's 81 point game goes from 81 to 74 points which is 26 points behind Wilt's 100

SATAN
04-14-2021, 04:19 AM
You're disregarding the mechanics and plumbers dynamic though

Stephonit
04-14-2021, 04:27 AM

On how many possessions in how many minutes? Spread out over a longer period of time it isn't the same as the rush of adrenaline that Steph can provide during one of his Curry flurries. Steph could have had more 50-point games but he got benched before he could get there because the game was over. Probably still far less than Wilt but from my understanding Wilt was force fed the ball on some of his teams. I get the feeling Steph gets his points in a greater variety of ways which would make him more entertaining. There's only so many times a player can do the same dunk before it gets boring. Wilt wasn't even allowed to do that. Some people hated watching Harden when he was putting up his giant numbers. I get the impression many would feel the same way with Wilt dominating the ball instead of involving his teammates.

Imitation they say is the greatest form of flattery. It's also a significant path to having influence. The barrier to entry to attempt what Steph does is low. Many people can aspire to do what Steph does simply by chucking up balls even though the number of them who can approach his success is minuscule. Attempting to do what made Wilt special though is tougher and many people won't even try to mimic him which limits his ability to influence. While Wilt's game might be admired Steph's game inspires.

Thenameless
04-14-2021, 05:28 AM
Not a chance he passes Wilt. A hundred years from now Wilt will still have the 100 point game, 50 point season, 27 rebounds per game, not allowing people to dunk free throws, never once fouling out, averaging over 48 minutes per game for a season, leading league in assists as a center....

Stephonit
04-14-2021, 05:44 AM
Not a chance he passes Wilt. A hundred years from now Wilt will still have the 100 point game, 50 point season, 27 rebounds per game, not allowing people to dunk free throws, never once fouling out, averaging over 48 minutes per game for a season, leading league in assists as a center....

Who knows how things will look like in 100 years but Steph can say right now that he has led a team to a 73-win season, 16-1 playoffs record, 3 consecutive 67+ win seasons, a unanimous MVP, 400+ threes, the best career free throw shooting percentage, the highest true shooting percentage in the league despite being a guard (twice), the distinction of being the high-volume scorer the least dependent on free throws, etc.

He has also won more championships.

Stephen Curry is already an all-time great. I don't think it has quite sunk in yet for many people how great.

Reggie43
04-14-2021, 05:49 AM

This

Such a bad thread with bad arguments. Anybody who has some knowledge of the game know its Wilt bar none especially considering the amount of rule changes made against him.

Axe
04-14-2021, 05:50 AM
Who knows how things will look like in 100 years but Steph can say right now that he has led a team to a 73-win season, 16-1 playoffs record, 3 consecutive 67+ win seasons, a unanimous MVP, 400+ threes, the best career free throw shooting percentage, the highest true shooting percentage in the league despite being a guard (twice), the distinction of being the high-volume scorer the least dependent on free throws, etc.

Stephen Curry is already an all-time great. I don't think it has quite sunk in yet for many people how great.
Yep.

Thanks for making stephen curry relevant and better, steve kerr. Chef dingo will always be grateful for this.

Thenameless
04-14-2021, 06:16 AM

Again, it's only the best free throw percentage because they changed the rules to make things harder for Wilt. Chamberlain used to dunk his FT's. Curry can't do that.

Bronbron23
04-14-2021, 08:27 AM
Is that what the Rockets did in 2012? Set the record for team 3-point attempts? Are you saying they changed the league shooting all those threes and finishing with a 34-win record? If anything I'd argue that might have tended to discourage its adoption. If that's all the Rockets did early on, clearly it was Curry who was the catalyst. Thank you for making it very clear.

Good try but nope. Rockets lead the league and shot more threes the next season in 2013 when the both had pretty much the same winning record and They lead the league and shot more threes in 2014 when they had a better record than the warriors. Other than 2015 the rockets have always shot more threes than the warriors.

So let me get this straight. When teams including steph and the warriors were shooting 20 threes a game morey came out with a detailed analysis on why teams should shoot more threes and they in fact did so by shooting 10 more threes than steph and the warriors. Since that they've lead the league in three point attempts but somehow steph and the warriors are the reason why teams shoot so many threes. That's literally the dumbest shit I've ever heard. That be like james naismith inventing and playing basketball and some other guy coming along doing it better taking credit for why basketball is played.

The denial is real:facepalm

Stephonit
04-14-2021, 09:02 AM
Good try but nope. Rockets lead the league and shot more threes the next season in 2013 when the both had pretty much the same winning record and They lead the league and shot more threes in 2014 when they had a better record than the warriors. Other than 2015 the rockets have always shot more threes than the warriors.

So let me get this straight. When teams including steph and the warriors were shooting 20 threes a game morey came out with a detailed analysis on why teams should shoot more threes and they in fact did so by shooting 10 more threes than steph and the warriors. Since that they've lead the league in three point attempts but somehow steph and the warriors are the reason why teams shoot so many threes. That's literally the dumbest shit I've ever heard. That be like james naismith inventing and playing basketball and some other guy coming along doing it better taking credit for why basketball is played.

The denial is real:facepalm

Steph set the record for threes made in 2013. Then he one-upped himself and set the record again for threes made in 2014. Is he setting these records because he's copying the Rockets? More likely it's because he can and his talent at it is so obvious it would be a waste not to take advantage of it and shoot 3s. All the while the Warriors are cultivating the image as one of the more entertaining and exciting teams to watch. Then of course 2015 happens and then a 67-win season with a championship forces the league to take notice. That was then followed up by 2016 and basketball as we know it has not been the same since. Nothing the Rockets did before 2017 was remotely convincing in establishing 3-point ball. Nash's Suns were more influential in that regard.

tpols
04-14-2021, 09:15 AM
A lot of people dont realize Wilt only shot on 52 TS in the playoffs. He was a 45% career FT shooter. Thats worse than Shaq. Just because he takes a lot of shots doesn't mean shit, its about rate of conversion. And Steph Curry converted hoops at a much better rate while providing more game breaking spacing, and winning intangibles. All Wilt has on Chef is he's a super freak athlete... Curry kills him at basketball ability.

tpols
04-14-2021, 09:17 AM
Again, it's only the best free throw percentage because they changed the rules to make things harder for Wilt. Chamberlain used to dunk his FT's. Curry can't do that.

He used to try and dunk his FTs because he made Dwight Howard look like Steve Nash at the stripe. :lol

Stanley Kobrick
04-14-2021, 09:18 AM
A lot of people dont realize Wilt only shot on 52 TS in the playoffs. He was a 45% career FT shooter. Thats worse than Shaq. Just because he takes a lot of shots doesn't mean shit, its about rate of conversion. And Steph Curry converted hoops at a much better rate while providing more game breaking spacing, and winning intangibles. All Wilt has on Chef is he's a super freak athlete... Curry kills him at basketball ability.
"a lot of people don't realize something I just found out on basketballreference"

tpols
04-14-2021, 09:27 AM

This is a lie. He made ten 3's so if they were 2's hed have scored 43 instead of 53. Basic math bro.

LAmbruh
04-14-2021, 09:35 AM
Damn, Curry stains insecure and absolutely shook of Wilt.

That bar :lol

Stephonit
04-14-2021, 09:38 AM
Damn, Curry stains insecure and absolutely shook of Wilt.

That bar :lol

Just the contrary as usual. Curry passes Wilt's scoring with the Warriors and Curry is the one who is shook? How does that even make sense? It doesn't. Which is a clear sign the anti-Curry brigade is at work.

Stephonit
04-14-2021, 09:49 AM

Damn, RIP

And Russell doesn't! Thank you for bringing up yet another embarrassing irony of this useless award!

LAmbruh
04-14-2021, 09:50 AM
:roll:

Damn, RIP.

Bronbron23
04-14-2021, 09:57 AM
Steph set the record for threes made in 2013. Then he one-upped himself and set the record again for threes made in 2014. Is he setting these records because he's copying the Rockets? More likely it's because he can and his talent at it is so obvious it would be a waste not to take advantage of it and shoot 3s. All the while the Warriors are cultivating the image as one of the more entertaining and exciting teams to watch. Then of course 2015 happens and then a 67-win season with a championship forces the league to take notice. That was then followed up by 2016 and basketball as we know it has not been the same since. Nothing the Rockets did before 2017 was remotely convincing in establishing 3-point ball. Nash's Suns were more influential in that regard.

Well i already brought up nash suns as the other team and coach responsible for the 3 ball increase.

In part yes. Curry was the best shooter in the league from day 1. In his first three years he played over 30 minutes a game and shot only a couple less shots a game then in the record breaking years your talking about. In his first 3 years the warriors were shooting 20 threes a game and he was shooting 4.5 of those. Then morey came out with the analytics and houston shot 30 a game. The following year which is the record breaking year your talking about, the Warriors along with everyone else increased their threes to catch up wilith the rockets. Steph being the best player on the team obviously increased his also.

If morey dosnt come out with that 3 ball analysis and the rockets don't shoot all those threes that year the following year and most likely a few years after that the league average is still in the low 20's attempts and steph and harden and whoever isn't shooting 10 threes a game. It's an undeniable fact that morey and the rockets are why so many teams increased their attempts and why we are where were at today.

That said i agree the warriors did it better and were more exciting to watch do it. They may not be responsible for why teams started shooting more threes but they're definitely responsible for popularizing ot amongst fans.

Bronbron23
04-14-2021, 10:00 AM
And Russell doesn't! Thank you for bringing up yet another embarrassing irony of this useless award!

? The award wasn't invented until after he retired. He's obviously sittings on at the very worst half a dozen if it was.

Dagoods
04-14-2021, 10:37 PM
IMPACT? what impact?!!!

This dude is nothing more than a shooter!

WILT on the other hand was a beast inside the post, superb defender, rebounder, and shot blocker!

Axe
04-14-2021, 11:34 PM
Stephen curry has no rings until steve kerr came to coach the warriors in 2014.

Deal with it.

mehyaM24
04-15-2021, 12:12 AM
This is a lie. He made ten 3's so if they were 2's hed have scored 43 instead of 53. Basic math bro.

ya dont know where he got that from. because of the rules i dont think curry would be as effective in the 90s. he would take less threes and be picked up full court with handchecks. more physicality equals tougher shots with less space to create. still would be better than reggie though.

mehyaM24
04-15-2021, 12:16 AM
This

Such a bad thread with bad arguments. Anybody who has some knowledge of the game know its Wilt bar none especially considering the amount of rule changes made against him.

no need to cry about it. if you can't contribute dont post lol

Reggie43
04-15-2021, 01:22 AM
no need to cry about it. if you can't contribute dont post lol

You must be pretty proud making a thread grabbed off a shitty show like First Take :applause: :lol

mehyaM24
04-15-2021, 01:26 AM
You must be pretty proud making a thread grabbed off a shitty show like First Take :applause: :lol

don't base my worth on a message board, but you obviously do :oldlol:

Reggie43
04-15-2021, 01:35 AM
don't base my worth on a message board, but you obviously do :oldlol:

Says the guy who keeps on making shitty threads. Why do you always need to seek approval from your fellow stans?

mehyaM24
04-15-2021, 01:43 AM
Says the guy who keeps on making shitty threads. Why do you always need to seek approval from your fellow stans?

lol my "shitty" threads have nothing to do with you being a wannabe gatekeeper. you don't like the topics? then don't click on them moron.

Stephonit
04-15-2021, 02:40 AM
Stephen curry has no rings until steve kerr came to coach the warriors in 2014.

Deal with it.

Steve Kerr and Draymond Green who supposedly Steph is dependent on combined to finish last in the league without him.

The more you look at the data the more one realizes that those great Warriors teams of the recent past without Steph were probably average to a little above average.

Stephonit
04-15-2021, 02:45 AM
IMPACT? what impact?!!!

This dude is nothing more than a shooter!

WILT on the other hand was a beast inside the post, superb defender, rebounder, and shot blocker!

Questioning the impact of a guy who dominated +/- for 5 years like no other and finished first on it for an entire season even after missing a third of the games due to injury. People can be so crazy.

Axe
04-15-2021, 02:48 AM
Steve Kerr and Draymond Green who supposedly Steph is dependent on combined to finish last in the league without him.

The more you look at the data the more one realizes that those great Warriors teams of the recent past without Steph were probably average to a little above average.
It's called team work, you ignorant twerp.

Stephonit
04-15-2021, 03:11 AM
It's called team work, you ignorant twerp.

Now now don't get angry. Here, take your teddy bear. Doesn't that feel better?

Axe
04-15-2021, 03:17 AM
Now now don't get angry. Here, take your teddy bear. Doesn't that feel better?
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/28/5e/55/285e55e3713fee6f19a5a44d7bcbc0b8.gif

outofstomach
04-15-2021, 07:32 AM
:lol

like i had to reread it a couple of times, what a ****ing moron honestly lol

deathawaitu
04-15-2021, 08:10 AM
Curry has a bigger impact to the game than lebron

That’s just facts

Lebron23
04-15-2021, 08:43 AM
Curry has a bigger impact to the game than lebron