PDA

View Full Version : CBS sports article about Curry makes no sense at all

PWB15
04-13-2021, 06:10 PM
He has no Finals MVP's and blew a 3-1 lead in the NBA finals. So how is he eligible to be the best ever??????

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/warriors-stephen-curry-isnt-going-to-win-mvp-but-hes-reopened-his-case-as-best-player-in-the-world/?fbclid=IwAR3ojYoZHG37UXHcrv6sToEO4_kdItw6TBsxuZWg UIHJvjs9ptDFixoIorc

HBK_Kliq_2
04-13-2021, 06:14 PM
He's a nice little player. Never wins any finals MVPS but still a nice player and the Scottie Pippen of the Warriors dynasty.

warriorfan
04-13-2021, 06:37 PM
He’s the goat. Only low iqs will say otherwise.

tontoz
04-13-2021, 06:55 PM
He has no Finals MVP's and blew a 3-1 lead in the NBA finals. So how is he eligible to be the best ever??????

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/warriors-stephen-curry-isnt-going-to-win-mvp-but-hes-reopened-his-case-as-best-player-in-the-world/?fbclid=IwAR3ojYoZHG37UXHcrv6sToEO4_kdItw6TBsxuZWg UIHJvjs9ptDFixoIorc

RIF

The article never says, or even implies, that Curry is the best ever.

Bronbron23
04-13-2021, 06:57 PM
There's a handful of delusional sport writers who say this because they're casuls and overreact to stephs explosive offense and shooting. Most credible sport writers and experts have never said anything close to steph being the best ever. He's never even been the best player in the league let alone ever. He wasn't even the best player on his team for most of his rings.

tontoz
04-13-2021, 06:59 PM
There's a handful of delusional sport writers who say this because they're casuls and overreact to stephs explosive offense and shooting. Most credible sport writers and experts have never said anything close to steph being the best ever. He's never even been the best player in the league let alone ever. He wasn't even the best player on his team for most of his rings.

The author didn't say it either. OP is talking out of his ass

SouBeachTalents
04-13-2021, 07:06 PM
Yep, all he says is he's in the argument for best player in the league, doesn't say anything about him being the GOAT. OP straight up making shit up :lol

Bronbron23
04-13-2021, 07:07 PM

Not surprised

Axe
04-13-2021, 07:18 PM
Just because he led his team to 73 wins doesn't mean he's already the best

tontoz
04-13-2021, 07:39 PM
The article makes the case that Curry might be the best right now. I think you can make a reasonable argument for several guys being the best right now and Curry is one of them. I don't think it is clear cut.

Bronbron23
04-13-2021, 08:03 PM
The article makes the case that Curry might be the best right now. I think you can make a reasonable argument for several guys being the best right now and Curry is one of them. I don't think it is clear cut.

I disagree. I don't know how anybody can say curry has an argument over bron. Other than scoring bron does everything better and on the biggest stage he's better at that too.

tontoz
04-13-2021, 08:38 PM
I disagree. I don't know how anybody can say curry has an argument over bron. Other than scoring bron does everything better and on the biggest stage he's better at that too.

They don't have to say it. The numbers say the scoring gap between them is huge. Curry is elite offensively with or without the ball. LeBron needs to dominate the ball to be effective.

LeBron has a case as well but he is 36 and injured. Easy to get injured at that age.

I am not saying Curry is better but I can see an argument, just like I can see an argument for Jokic or Kawhi, even if I might disagree.

Best ever is another argument entirely.

Axe
04-13-2021, 08:59 PM
They don't have to say it. The numbers say the scoring gap between them is huge. Curry is elite offensively with or without the ball. LeBron needs to dominate the ball to be effective.

LeBron has a case as well but he is 36 and injured. Easy to get injured at that age.

I am not saying Curry is better but I can see an argument, just like I can see an argument for Jokic or Kawhi, even if I might disagree.

He has a case to be better yet for some reason, it's not enough for him to lift his team filled with bunch of scrubs outside of the 8th-10th seed while missing his fellow splash bro at the same time. :ohwell:

tontoz
04-13-2021, 09:06 PM
He has a case to be better yet for some reason, it's not enough for him to lift his team filled with bunch of scrubs outside of the 8th-10th seed while missing his fellow splash bro at the same time. :ohwell:

Yeah because his surrounding cast is the worst in the league. They are a disaster when he is on the bench.

Axe
04-13-2021, 09:08 PM
Yeah because his surrounding cast is the worst in the league. They are a disaster when he is on the bench.
If only he can find a way to elevate them somehow...

tontoz
04-13-2021, 09:12 PM
If only he can find a way to elevate them somehow...

They are 4 games over .500 when he plays, 1-7 with a -15 point differential when he doesn't.

PWB15
04-13-2021, 09:32 PM

especially since he blew a 3-1 to bron

Bronbron23
04-13-2021, 09:36 PM

I agree with the off ball point but not sure how the scoring gap is huge. He score 5 more points on a couple more shots a game. The gap is actually pretty small and if we're talking total offense the gap between their passing is much bigger in brons favor than the gap is in scoring for curry. That said Steph's off ball movement does allow for better movement and team offense so all in all i'd say offense between the 2 is close either way everything considered.

That's just half the game though. When you factor in the other side of the ball bron crushes steph and this what makes bron clearly the better player.

tontoz
04-13-2021, 09:46 PM
I agree with the off ball point but not sure how the scoring gap is huge. He score 5 more points on a couple more shots a game. The gap is actually pretty small and if we're talking total offense the gap between their passing is much bigger in brons favor than the gap is in scoring for curry. That said Steph's off ball movement does allow for better movement and team offense so all in all i'd say offense between the 2 is close either way everything considered.

That's just half the game though. When you factor in the other side of the ball bron crushes steph and this what makes bron clearly the better player.

A 5 ppg gap while also having a TS 5% higher is a huge gap.

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/g195/tontoz/(edited)_Screenshot_20210411-202242.jpg

Axe
04-13-2021, 09:51 PM

And i think this tells a lot more in the bigger picture whenever one is going to look at their respective team's success atm.

tontoz
04-13-2021, 09:55 PM
And i think this tells a lot more in the bigger picture whenever one is going to look at their respective team's success.

The Lakers just blew out the Nets without lebron and AD. Meanwhile GS recently lost by 53 to the lowly Raps without Curry.

SATAN
04-13-2021, 10:08 PM
I'm surprised more 90s stans don't dislike Curry for obviously reasons

warriorfan
04-13-2021, 10:14 PM
I'm surprised more 90s stans don't dislike Curry for obviously reasons

Kblaze used to try to compare Steph Curry to Chris Jackson. He let that troll die though.

red1
04-13-2021, 10:16 PM
congrats to curry fans :applause:

its easy to root for curry now that we stopped comparing him to leGOAT

Gohan
04-13-2021, 10:55 PM
F teammates it’s all about scoring. Curry needs to chuck more shots

light
04-13-2021, 11:03 PM

Yeah check Curry's stats when he doesn't make any threes.

https://s4.gifyu.com/images/one-dimension.png

Stephonit
04-13-2021, 11:53 PM
Your right. The title of the article doesn't make any sense.

Curry has been the best player in the world since 2015.

What's this BS about reopening his case?

Bronbron23
04-14-2021, 12:09 AM
A 5 ppg gap while also having a TS 5% higher is a huge gap.

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/g195/tontoz/(edited)_Screenshot_20210411-202242.jpg

Post season?

Bronbron23
04-14-2021, 12:10 AM

Hahaha. Dude hasn't even been the best player on his own team for most of his rings.

Stephonit
04-14-2021, 12:13 AM
Hahaha. Dude hasn't even been the best player on his own team for most of his rings.

Yeah and the 2016 Western Conference Finals didn't happen.

highwhey
04-14-2021, 12:20 AM
word on the street is curry paid CBS to run this story.

Stephonit
04-14-2021, 12:25 AM
word on the street is curry paid CBS to run this story.
No, that wasn't the street you were on. That was the asylum's hallway.

Axe
04-14-2021, 03:03 AM

You seemingly rejoicing doesn't make any sense at all, as your hero can't be considered the best nor the goat because he only went 3/5 in the finals. You should know well that a perfect finals record is necessary for that.

Stephonit
04-14-2021, 03:08 AM
You seemingly rejoicing doesn't make any sense at all, as your hero can't be considered the best nor the goat because he only went 3/5 in the finals. You should know well that a perfect finals record is necessary for that.
Never subscribed to that idea. Just more propaganda from one party. And you need to learn to read.

Axe
04-14-2021, 03:09 AM
Never subscribed to that idea. Just more propaganda from one party. And you need to learn to read.
Ehem we have an actual thread telling about goats needing to have a perfect finals record, amigo. Go look it up.

Stephonit
04-14-2021, 03:11 AM
Ehem we have an actual thread telling about goats needing to have a perfect finals record, amigo. Go look it up.

And you believe it?

Axe
04-14-2021, 03:12 AM
And you believe it?
No, not at all but it is his idea.

Stephonit
04-14-2021, 03:17 AM
No, not at all but it is his idea.

Here's an idea for you: Stephen Curry is the greatest player in the NBA since 2015.

Axe
04-14-2021, 03:31 AM
Here's an idea for you: Stephen Curry is the greatest player in the NBA since 2015.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/UA90eSqApC0HnUM1WfqINMvcv5mdV-snXh1eG47Q4U9YNEYDynsCQyD-xYvwDv9T9t8LFb--

SATAN
04-14-2021, 03:52 AM

:roll:

:facepalm

SATAN
04-14-2021, 03:52 AM

:oldlol: :roll: :lol

:facepalm

Stephonit
04-14-2021, 05:21 AM
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/UA90eSqApC0HnUM1WfqINMvcv5mdV-snXh1eG47Q4U9YNEYDynsCQyD-xYvwDv9T9t8LFb--

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.

Then they make crazy funny faces at you and show signs of memory impairment because they are suffering from PCTSD.

Axe
04-14-2021, 05:24 AM
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.

Then they make crazy funny faces at you and show signs of memory impairment because they are suffering from PCTSD.
Nah, it is only because you are quite hilarious. That's all.

Bronbron23
04-14-2021, 08:35 AM
Yeah and the 2016 Western Conference Finals didn't happen.

Sure it did and steph and the warriors were great. That's just one series though. Kd was clearly the better player once they were on the same team. That's why the warriors went and got him. They saw how when defenses are disciplined and switching screens steph can be neutralized because him and the warriors depend so much on the chaos that all their screens cause. Despite what steph stans think curry needs screens to be as dominant as he is. Kd Dosn't. He can get a good look pretty much any time he wants.

Bronbron23
04-14-2021, 08:40 AM

See it's shit like this why people hate on curry. If people like you and warriorfan didn't say crazy shit like this most people wouldn't have anything negative about steph. But yall have to go out and shit like this or say he's a better scorer than mj.

How anyone can say steph is better than bron after witnessing bron embarrass him and son him in 16 is beyond me. I'm not a steph fan and i actually felt bad for him the way bron treated him.

Stephonit
04-14-2021, 09:15 AM
Sure it did and steph and the warriors were great. That's just one series though. Kd was clearly the better player once they were on the same team. That's why the warriors went and got him. They saw how when defenses are disciplined and switching screens steph can be neutralized because him and the warriors depend so much on the chaos that all their screens cause. Despite what steph stans think curry needs screens to be as dominant as he is. Kd Dosn't. He can get a good look pretty much any time he wants.

Riiight. That's why the Warriors had a stretch going something like 30-1 without KD while without Steph they were around a .600 win team. Truly KD was clearly the better player given such results! How can you say this with a straight face? When KD went down against the Rockets and the pundits believing as you did thought the Warriors were in trouble Curry and the Warriors quickly dispatched Harden and Chris Paul not even giving them a chance to take it to a game 7.

Steph's fans have heard it all before. He needs Draymond. He needs Klay. He needs KD. He needs Kerr. Now he needs screens. Yada yada yada. No he doesn't. Draymond, Klay, Kerr and even KD until proven otherwise (if KD doesn't win a ring this year don't even bother bringing this up in the future) need Steph more than he needs them.

See it's shit like this why people hate on curry. If people like you and warriorfan didn't say crazy shit like this most people wouldn't have anything negative about steph. But yall have to go out and shit like this or say he's a better scorer than mj.

How anyone can say steph is better than bron after witnessing bron embarrass him and son him in 16 is beyond me. I'm not a steph fan and i actually felt bad for him the way bron treated him.

When a fan of another player makes a reasonable case for their guy as the best, I listen politely and take no umbrage. I don't see why anyone should get particularly worked up unless it's a truly ridiculous claim. None of the arguments for Curry are close to ridiculous. That you say so makes me believe you are more threatened than genuinely disbelieving.

The inferior player wins a series only after pushing it to the last minute of a game 7 amid injuries to the Warriors (including a gimpy Steph) and the league intervening and we're supposed to believe this is some sort of dominating performance? Give me a break! Now that is ridiculous. I felt sorry for the inferior player at the time and what it would have meant if he had lost yet again so I was actually happy for him for being able to bring a championship to Cleveland and thought the split made for a good story. But the silly narratives since have soured me on his entire dramafest.

Steph has been the best player since 2015. An objective look at the accomplishments should lead to such a conclusion. You'll just have to live with it.

tpols
04-14-2021, 09:38 AM
^^^ He doesn't understand that a player can be more talented individually, but have less of an impact because his teammate elevation isn't up to par. No better example than Chef vs KD. KD has a more reliable 2 point arsenal, but his style stagnated offense. Every time Chef was out he'd turn the warriors into an AAU team with poor ball movement and teamwork. Vice versa, when it was only Curry out there they became the GOAT offensive engine again... Because Currys game is far more dynamic. Sometimes being a better iso player can be a curse...it means you're constantly "getting yours" but doing so at the expense of getting everybody involved and achieving a higher team ceiling. Curry gets his while elevating and allowing others to flourish... that's the difference. You can tell how basketball savvy someone is by where they rank Chef.

Bronbron23
04-14-2021, 12:04 PM
Riiight. That's why the Warriors had a stretch going something like 30-1 without KD while without Steph they were around a .600 win team. Truly KD was clearly the better player given such results! How can you say this with a straight face? When KD went down against the Rockets and the pundits believing as you did thought the Warriors were in trouble Curry and the Warriors quickly dispatched Harden and Chris Paul not even giving them a chance to take it to a game 7.

Steph's fans have heard it all before. He needs Draymond. He needs Klay. He needs KD. He needs Kerr. Now he needs screens. Yada yada yada. No he doesn't. Draymond, Klay, Kerr and even KD until proven otherwise (if KD doesn't win a ring this year don't even bother bringing this up in the future) need Steph more than he needs them.

When a fan of another player makes a reasonable case for their guy as the best, I listen politely and take no umbrage. I don't see why anyone should get particularly worked up unless it's a truly ridiculous claim. None of the arguments for Curry are close to ridiculous. That you say so makes me believe you are more threatened than genuinely disbelieving.

The inferior player wins a series only after pushing it to the last minute of a game 7 amid injuries to the Warriors (including a gimpy Steph) and the league intervening and we're supposed to believe this is some sort of dominating performance? Give me a break! Now that is ridiculous. I felt sorry for the inferior player at the time and what it would have meant if he had lost yet again so I was actually happy for him for being able to bring a championship to Cleveland and thought the split made for a good story. But the silly narratives since have soured me on his entire dramafest.

Steph has been the best player since 2015. An objective look at the accomplishments should lead to such a conclusion. You'll just have to live with it.

What has he accomplished since 2015 that bron hasn't? They both have 2 rings curry has 2 mvp's bron has 2 fmvp's. As far as numbers and accomplishments they're actually fairly close. Bron is clearly the better player though. As good offensively but way better defensively. It's not even a question but i agree steph is far behind or anything.

And so steph wins one game in playoffs without kd that means he's better but klay wins a series and a half in 16 without steph so that means he's better? They didn't miss a beat without steph. Can't have it both ways dude.

It's simple kd is betterrm than steph for the same reason bron is. He's as good if not better offensively (especially on the biggest stage) but he's much better on defense which in case you forgot is half the battle.

Plus 2 fmvps-0

bizil
04-14-2021, 12:23 PM
When you look at NBA history, the two most VALUABLE types of players are:

- Interior C's or PF-C types who DOMINATE the interior. Guys like Wilt, Shaq, Dream, Kareem, Moses, Duncan,etc.

- Players 6'5 and up who can play a minimum of three positions at a high level. And from there are great scorers AND great all around players in one. Guys like MJ, Bron, Magic, Bird, Kobe, KD, etc.

When you look at the MVPs in the league, these two types of players DOMINATED those awards. Because they are either the most physically dominant, have the most positional versatility, or both. When you look at who was the considered the best player in the world, it was LITERALLY always one of these two types of players.

For a player 6'3 and under, Curry peak-prime wise came the CLOSEST to being the exception. Due to how he could alter defenses with his phenomenal blend of shooting, handles, and passing. But as of now in the league, I still can't consider him the best player. I think you could make the case he could be as high as #3. BECAUSE of how he can make his team better.

BUT when u don't have the guys in place on GSW to TAKE ADVANTAGE of what Steph can open up, that's an issue. BECAUSE Steph isn't a walking triple double like Bron, Luka, or Harden. He's not a great two way guy like Kawhi. And he's not a dominant interior presence like an Embid. Or a positionless marvel type Bron or Giannis. He's not a 7'0 like KD who is the GOAT shooter among SF's. And in general arguably has the best scoring skillset PERIOD of all time!

So when Steph HAS a team around him to take advantage of his strengths, he's a top 3 level player. When he DOESN'T he comes back to the pack some. BECAUSE he doesn't have as MANY WAYS to alter a game like a Bron, KD, Giannis, Kawhi, etc. So in OTHER WORDS, I think those guys can do more with less than Steph can. That HAS TO BE factored when saying who the best in the world is. Because they have more positional versatiilty AND great better than Steph in terms of all around ability.

mehyaM24
04-14-2021, 12:25 PM
^^^ He doesn't understand that a player can be more talented individually, but have less of an impact because his teammate elevation isn't up to par. No better example than Chef vs KD. KD has a more reliable 2 point arsenal, but his style stagnated offense. Every time Chef was out he'd turn the warriors into an AAU team with poor ball movement and teamwork. Vice versa, when it was only Curry out there they became the GOAT offensive engine again... Because Currys game is far more dynamic. Sometimes being a better iso player can be a curse...it means you're constantly "getting yours" but doing so at the expense of getting everybody involved and achieving a higher team ceiling. Curry gets his while elevating and allowing others to flourish... that's the difference. You can tell how basketball savvy someone is by where they rank Chef.

curry's offball gravity is higher impact and the regular-season numbers speak for themselves. he holds 5 of the best ORPM seasons to date and even now is about 4 points better than the guy in second. if the comparison is with durant though then you got to understand its closer in the playoffs. durant's length and wirey frame give him a clearcut advantage over curry, who has shown he can be limited. again, not contained but held in check to some degree.

which is why in the playoffs both average roughly the same bpm. or "impact". curry's gravity pull is weakened while durant's stays the same or becomes stronger. people don't call kd the GOAT pure scorer just because of his ability. he's got the numbers to back it up.

highwhey
04-14-2021, 12:51 PM

- Interior C's or PF-C types who DOMINATE the interior. Guys like Wilt, Shaq, Dream, Kareem, Moses, Duncan,etc.

- Players 6'5 and up who can play a minimum of three positions at a high level. And from there are great scorers AND great all around players in one. Guys like MJ, Bron, Magic, Bird, Kobe, KD, etc.

When you look at the MVPs in the league, these two types of players DOMINATED those awards. Because they are either the most physically dominant, have the most positional versatility, or both. When you look at who was the considered the best player in the world, it was LITERALLY always one of these two types of players.

For a player 6'3 and under, Curry peak-prime wise came the CLOSEST to being the exception. Due to how he could alter defenses with his phenomenal blend of shooting, handles, and passing. But as of now in the league, I still can't consider him the best player. I think you could make the case he could be as high as #3. BECAUSE of how he can make his team better.

BUT when u don't have the guys in place on GSW to TAKE ADVANTAGE of what Steph can open up, that's an issue. BECAUSE Steph isn't a walking triple double like Bron, Luka, or Harden. He's not a great two way guy like Kawhi. And he's not a dominant interior presence like an Embid. Or a positionless marvel type Bron or Giannis. He's not a 7'0 like KD who is the GOAT shooter among SF's. And in general arguably has the best scoring skillset PERIOD of all time!

So when Steph HAS a team around him to take advantage of his strengths, he's a top 3 level player. When he DOESN'T he comes back to the pack some. BECAUSE he doesn't have as MANY WAYS to alter a game like a Bron, KD, Giannis, Kawhi, etc. So in OTHER WORDS, I think those guys can do more with less than Steph can. That HAS TO BE factored when saying who the best in the world is. Because they have more positional versatiilty AND great better than Steph in terms of all around ability.

very well put. curry is an amazing player, he's just limited to need the other weapons to fully utilize his talents. no klay, no way.

Bronbron23
04-14-2021, 02:18 PM

Nah i already acknowledged stephs off ball movement and how him Not needing to dominate the ball and offense is a plus for him over kd and even bron for that matter. This is why offensively i say it's very close between him and kd. I give kd an advantage over steph because against the toughest defenses on the biggest stage he's better able to get a bucket then curry is. I give kd the nod overall because of his defensive impact.

hold this L
04-14-2021, 02:52 PM

Curry is dominating right now with the worst team in the entire league. Dead last last season, 1-7 without him this season. 2nd top scorer, getting doubled more than anyone because no team rightfully respects anyone as a shooter in the team and is playing some MVP level basketball. This is nonsense.

The only one I can buy that can do more with less is Bron or in regular season, Harden is on a similar level. Kawhi, KD, Giannis? Don't make me laugh.

Stanley Kobrick
04-14-2021, 03:00 PM

high IQ post. stephen curry just doesn't have that "it" factor to elevate teams. he needs multiple star teammates to cover his dark holes, defense and playmaking in particular

bizil
04-14-2021, 04:40 PM
Curry is dominating right now with the worst team in the entire league. Dead last last season, 1-7 without him this season. 2nd top scorer, getting doubled more than anyone because no team rightfully respects anyone as a shooter in the team and is playing some MVP level basketball. This is nonsense.

The only one I can buy that can do more with less is Bron or in regular season, Harden is on a similar level. Kawhi, KD, Giannis? Don't make me laugh.

YOU DON'T GET IT!!! Steph is gonna GET HIS NUMBERS NO MATTER WHAT!!! Teams load up on him and Steph STILL GETS HIS NUMBERS!!! The PROBLEM IS he has teammates that CAN'T take advantage of the attention Steph gets. When a Klay or KD is out there, the defense CAN'T PAY AS MUCH attention to Steph. They have to play those three honest as ****!!!

So FROM THERE since they aren't NEARLY as potent, they have to try to be a TRUE playoff kind of team another way. They don't have the DEFENSE to do it. On an individual level, Steph was NEVER a standout defender. He's NOT a walking triple double kind of guy! And he's a 6'3 guard who can ONLY PLAY PG or SG!!!

So he doesn't have AS MANY TOOLS to help a like this year's GSW be a true playoff team. Other guys like Bron, Kawhi, KD, and Giannis,would have this team in a BETTER PLACE! Because ALL OF THEM are much more versatile.... Much better defenders.... The guys Steph plays with NOW can't TAKE ADVANTAGE of how he alters the floor. Since THAT'S THE CASE, a Bron, Kawhi, KD, and Giannis would MORE TOOLS to help this type of team.

If this team had a SICK DEFENSE like AI's Finals team, then that could be different. Because they would keep games close. And FROM THERE Steph can provide the scoring punch to ELEVATE THEM to heights that are surprising. NOBODY had the Sixers making the Finals that year. I'm not saying Steph would will them to the Finals in that type of situation. The West is WAY TOO DEEP. BUT they could be a surprising team. U gotta remember guys like KD, Klay, Iggy, and Livingston aren't there anymore for defense. And Draymond isn't quite what he used to be defensive wise.

hold this L
04-14-2021, 04:50 PM
YOU DON'T GET IT!!! Steph is gonna GET HIS NUMBERS NO MATTER WHAT!!! Teams load up on him and Steph STILL GETS HIS NUMBERS!!! The PROBLEM IS he has teammates that CAN'T take advantage of the attention Steph gets. When a Klay or KD is out there, the defense CAN'T PAY AS MUCH attention to Steph. They have to play those three honest as ****!!!

So FROM THERE since they aren't NEARLY as potent, they have to try to be a TRUE playoff kind of team another way. They don't have the DEFENSE to do it. On an individual level, Steph was NEVER a standout defender. He's NOT a walking triple double kind of guy! And he's a 6'3 guard who can ONLY PLAY PG or SG!!!

So he doesn't have AS MANY TOOLS to help a like this year's GSW be a true playoff team. Other guys like Bron, Kawhi, KD, and Giannis,would have this team in a BETTER PLACE! Because ALL OF THEM are much more versatile.... Much better defenders.... The guys Steph plays with NOW can't TAKE ADVANTAGE of how he alters the floor. Since THAT'S THE CASE, a Bron, Kawhi, KD, and Giannis would MORE TOOLS to help this type of team.

If this team had a SICK DEFENSE like AI's Finals team, then that could be different. Because they would keep games close. And FROM THERE Steph can provide the scoring punch to ELEVATE THEM to heights that are surprising. NOBODY had the Sixers making the Finals that year. I'm not saying Steph would will them to the Finals in that type of situation. The West is WAY TOO DEEP. BUT they could be a surprising team. U gotta remember guys like KD, Klay, Iggy, and Livingston aren't there anymore for defense. And Draymond isn't quite what he used to be defensive wise.
I still think his offensive production makes up for it. Don't even mention someone like Kawhi again, dude has been on stacked rosters his entire career, same with KD. Lets see what happens by the end of the season, if the Warriors can make up the PS first and if so, who they get paired up with and how it goes.

People simply do not understand how straight up garbage this team is. I'm telling you they were dead last, are now 1-7 and you think someone else would make them better than 12 place improvement simply by adding Steph. We can't judge everything on one season but for this case, I'll say wait and see.

Stanley Kobrick
04-14-2021, 04:59 PM
give Kawhi, or Durant, or Lebron, or Harden - Draymond, 2nd overall top pick, Wiggins, Oubre, Bazemore and they would be in deep playoff contention. stephen curry isn't held to that caliber and rightfully so, no one expect him to lift an average team into even a 10th seed.

bizil
04-14-2021, 05:02 PM
I still think his offensive production makes up for it. Don't even mention someone like Kawhi again, dude has been on stacked rosters his entire career, same with KD. Lets see what happens by the end of the season, if the Warriors can make up the PS first and if so, who they get paired up with and how it goes.

People simply do not understand how straight up garbage this team is. I'm telling you they were dead last, are now 1-7 and you think someone else would make them better than 12 place improvement simply by adding Steph. We can't judge everything on one season but for this case, I'll say wait and see.

What the hell are you talking about???? I gave Steph MAD PROPS!!! NO SUPESTAR could win a chip with this current GSW squad. My POINT WAS the teammates he has CAN'T take advantage of the gravity Steph creates WITH his greatness.

The team ALSO can't get it done on defense. So for THIS TEAM a bigger and MORE versatile superstar could have them in a better place! That's ALL I'M SAYING!!

Stanley Kobrick
04-14-2021, 05:04 PM
What the hell are you talking about???? I gave Steph MAD PROPS!!! NO SUPESTAR could win a team with this current GSW squad. My POINT WAS the teammates he have CAN'T take advantage of the gravity Steph creates WITH his greatness.

The team ALSO can't get it done on defense. So for THIS TEAM a bigger and MORE versatile superstar could have them in a better place! That's ALL I'M SAYING!!
all that user does is bad mouth stephen curry's teammates, he's not a warriors fan. just another curry stain running around in dirty Hanes

Axe
04-14-2021, 11:17 PM
To put it simply, if stephen curry was truly an exceptional player, he would be like lebron james. He'd elevate his teammates and carry them deeply somehow no matter how much of a scrub they are. But unfortunately for the splash bro himself, he's just not cut out from the same cloth. If he doesn't have to be like lebron james, then he could be at least like pippen instead too, since he carried the bulls to 55 wins in '94 without michael jordan anyway. Curry may be having a good individual regular season these days but in terms of being a carrying machine, his mediocrity in that regard is only highlighted by his team playing in a more stacked conference. He needs to exert more impactful effort if he wants to be like that.

Stephonit
04-15-2021, 03:31 AM
To put it simply, if stephen curry was truly an exceptional player, he would be like lebron james. He'd elevate his teammates and carry them deeply somehow no matter how much of a scrub they are. But unfortunately for the splash bro himself, he's just not cut out from the same cloth. If he doesn't have to be like lebron james, then he could be at least like pippen instead too, since he carried the bulls to 55 wins in '94 without michael jordan anyway. Curry may be having a good individual regular season these days but in terms of being a carrying machine, his mediocrity in that regard is only highlighted by his team playing in a more stacked conference. He needs to exert more impactful effort if he wants to be like that.

Curry better at elevating teammates than the inferior player. Brought his team to 67 wins multiple times. The inferior player couldn't do it even once.

Axe
04-15-2021, 04:08 AM
Curry better at elevating teammates than the inferior player. Brought his team to 67 wins multiple times. The inferior player couldn't do it even once.
Like i said it's a result of their team work, sweetheart. It's not limited to him alone.

deathawaitu
04-15-2021, 08:12 AM
90% of the people have curry over lebron as the best ever

Best ever? Na that will always belong to Jordan

Stephonit
04-15-2021, 08:28 AM
Like i said it's a result of their team work, sweetheart. It's not limited to him alone.

He can work with others better and take the lead as well as any other.

Better ceiling raider. Better floor raiser.

bizil
04-15-2021, 10:27 AM
I think SOME POSTERS are missing the point. There is ONLY SO MUCH a 6'3 guard can do to CARRY A TEAM like this current GSW squad. Given the makeup of the roster without Klay. And Draymond isn't the scorer or defender he used to be. With ALL OF THE GRAVITY that Steph creates due to his greatness, his next best two scoring options are Wiggins and Oubre. NEITHER are scoring ANYMORE than they have in the past.

That's a TELLING STATEMENT given all the attention that Steph draws. That just means they are good players. Not very good or great. They aren't guys who can AMP UP their scoring when its needed for team. They are gonna average what they average pretty much NO MATTER what. And from there, they don't have the elite floor game either.

SO GSW is NO LONGER an elite scoring or defensive team. Steph HIMSELF was never a standout defender OR walking triple double type of guy. And at only 6'3, he can only play two positions. He can't play 3 to 5 different positions to give his team GREAT VARIETY in terms of mismatches.

So THAT'S WHY some of the bigger perimeter superstars are OFTEN TIMES more useful on teams like these. With a Bron you get great scoring, a walking triple double, and epic positional versatility. He's a better passer and defender than Steph and is ACTUALLY a pass first type of player. So once again there's only SO MUCH a 6'3 player can do a team like this. Hell even if you put a Kris Middleton and Tobias Harris on this GSW team, they would FOR DAMN SURE be able to take advantage of the gravity Curry creates MORE than Wiggins and Oubre!!

dankok8
04-15-2021, 10:32 AM
Yea Curry has a case for best in the league right now along with a few others.

Hey Yo
04-15-2021, 10:39 AM

Considering he got his ankle rolled onto...... it wouldn't have matter if he was 26 at the time.

tontoz
04-15-2021, 10:54 AM
Considering he got his ankle rolled onto...... it wouldn't have matter if he was 26 at the time.

Yes it would. Daniel Gafford on the wizards had an ugly ankle injury and was taken off in a wheelchair. We were sure his season was over.

He missed only 5 games. He is 22. If he was 36 his season probably would have been over.

https://youtu.be/U4caQtcwa2o

Stephonit
04-15-2021, 01:52 PM
I think SOME POSTERS are missing the point. There is ONLY SO MUCH a 6'3 guard can do to CARRY A TEAM like this current GSW squad. Given the makeup of the roster without Klay. And Draymond isn't the scorer or defender he used to be. With ALL OF THE GRAVITY that Steph creates due to his greatness, his next best two scoring options are Wiggins and Oubre. NEITHER are scoring ANYMORE than they have in the past.

That's a TELLING STATEMENT given all the attention that Steph draws. That just means they are good players. Not very good or great. They aren't guys who can AMP UP their scoring when its needed for team. They are gonna average what they average pretty much NO MATTER what. And from there, they don't have the elite floor game either.

SO GSW is NO LONGER an elite scoring or defensive team. Steph HIMSELF was never a standout defender OR walking triple double type of guy. And at only 6'3, he can only play two positions. He can't play 3 to 5 different positions to give his team GREAT VARIETY in terms of mismatches.

So THAT'S WHY some of the bigger perimeter superstars are OFTEN TIMES more useful on teams like these. With a Bron you get great scoring, a walking triple double, and epic positional versatility. He's a better passer and defender than Steph and is ACTUALLY a pass first type of player. So once again there's only SO MUCH a 6'3 player can do a team like this. Hell even if you put a Kris Middleton and Tobias Harris on this GSW team, they would FOR DAMN SURE be able to take advantage of the gravity Curry creates MORE than Wiggins and Oubre!!

Who cares about being a walking triple double? What's the link to wins? Westbrook in his MVP year was a walking triple double. Out in the first round.

Lots of unproven theories that apply even less to Steph because he has a unique set of skills that haven't been seen before and need to be understood first to come up with any idea of what's going on. It's like saying on a medieval battlefield that musketmen must definitely be inferior to armored knights because they don't have enough protective gear. The musket more than makes up for it.

Same school of thought that came up with your theories think big men are great. In today's NBA though they are being run off the court.

bizil
04-15-2021, 02:08 PM
Who cares about being a walking triple double? What's the link to wins? Westbrook in his MVP year was a walking triple double. Out in the first round.

Problem is yo ass can't comprehend shit! In ALL MY POSTS, I said it would be very hard for ANY 6'3 and under superstar guard to will a team like this GSW team to surprising results. I don't care if it's Steph, Russ, Zeke, AI, Kyrie, Lillard, Nash, Tiny, Stockton, etc. And for the DAMN RECORD, NO superstar perimeter player could lead this GSW team to a title. EVEN THOUGH some bigger perimeter superstars could COVER UP MORE GAPS on a team like this than the smaller superstar perimeter players.

But when I pointed out Steph's game, I just pointed out he's not a walking triple double OR a standout on defense. EVEN IF HE WAS, this team STILL wouldn't go far. BECAUSE the surrounding PARTS aren't there AS IT IS!! So I was analyzing Steph's game, size, AND the GSW team this year. IF GSW had a great top 3-5 defense in the league to hand their hat on, Steph has the GOODS to make them overachieve without Klay. BUT when the defense AND offense aint up to par, it's HARDER for a 6'3 and under superstar guard to will a team THAN a larger superstar perimeter player. Who has a blend of great scoring AND great all around ability!

Stephonit
04-15-2021, 02:18 PM
Problem is yo ass can't comprehend shit! In ALL MY POSTS, I said it would be very hard for ANY 6'3 and under superstar guard to will a team like this GSW team to surprising results. I don't care if it's Steph, Russ, Zeke, AI, Kyrie, Lillard, Nash, Tiny, Stockton, etc. And for the DAMN RECORD, NO superstar perimeter player could lead this GSW team to a title. EVEN THOUGH some bigger perimeter superstars could COVER UP MORE GAPS on a team like this than the smaller superstar perimeter players.

But when I pointed out Steph's game, I just pointed out he's not a walking triple double OR a standout on defense. EVEN IF HE WAS, this team STILL wouldn't go far. BECAUSE the surrounding PARTS aren't there AS IT IS!! So I was analyzing Steph's game, size, AND the GSW team this year. IF GSW had a great top 3-5 defense in the league to hand their hat on, Steph has the GOODS to make them overachieve without Klay. BUT when the defense AND offense aint up to par, it's HARDER for a 6'3 and under superstar guard to will a team THAN a larger superstar perimeter player. Who has a blend of great scoring AND great all around ability!

Wherever this team ends up Steph will have probably taken them as far as they possibly could. I do not see any other player in history taking them much farther. This team was last last year. There are zero instances of a last placed team winning a championship so your comment about perimeter superstars could as well apply to any other kind of player. Would a larger superstar of the past do better? I doubt it. Curry has weapons other stars smaller or larger don't have. The Warriors for a while had the 4th best defense in the league. If they can get back there they will fulfill your criteria for a possibly surprising outcome.

highwhey
04-15-2021, 02:34 PM
Wherever this team ends up Steph will have probably taken them as far as they possibly could. I do not see any other player in history taking them much farther. This team was last last year. There are zero instances of a last placed team winning a championship so your comment about perimeter superstars could as well apply to any other kind of player. Would a larger superstar of the past do better? I doubt it. Curry has weapons other stars smaller or larger don't have. The Warriors for a while had the 4th best defense in the league. If they can get back there they will fulfill your criteria for a possibly surprising outcome.

thank you for the laugh!

Stanley Kobrick
04-15-2021, 02:36 PM

thank you for the laugh!
from 15th to 11th seed, the Curry + Wiggins + Oubre + 2nd overall pick impact :ohwell:

highwhey
04-15-2021, 02:37 PM
from 15th to 11th seed, the Curry + Wiggins + Oubre + 2nd overall pick impact :ohwell:

he's taken them as far as anyone in the history of the NBA could! gonna ignore how a 35 year old CP3 took a 10th ranked Suns to 2nd.

Stephonit
04-15-2021, 03:15 PM
he's taken them as far as anyone in the history of the NBA could! gonna ignore how a 35 year old CP3 took a 10th ranked Suns to 2nd.

Curry > CP3. CP3's success is merely more evidence that Curry is perfectly capable.

Axe
04-15-2021, 05:53 PM
He can work with others better and take the lead as well as any other.

Better ceiling raider. Better floor raiser.
Yet without his second option, they're only sitting at the 9th seed rn.

Go figure.

Axe
04-15-2021, 05:57 PM
Curry > CP3. CP3's success is merely more evidence that Curry is perfectly capable.
Cp3 has been to the playoffs for more than ten times in a row. Your hero can't do more than seven.

Yep, let that sink inside your head for a while.

Stephonit
04-15-2021, 06:05 PM
Cp3 has been to the playoffs for more than ten times in a row. Your hero can't do more than seven.

Yep, let that sink inside your head for a while.

More than ten times to the playoffs and still hasn't reached so much as one finals? While Steph made 5 straight winning in 3 of them?

Yeah, you really need to let that sink inside your head for a while.

Axe
04-15-2021, 06:08 PM
More than ten times to the playoffs and still hasn't reached so much as one finals? While Steph made 5 straight winning in 3 of them?

Yeah, you really need to let that sink inside your head for a while.
Well, it's not his fault that he hasn't been to a team as stacked as the dynasty warriors. But like highwhey said, at least he turns weak teams into playoff contenders. :confusedshrug: