PDA

View Full Version : Ben Simmons on DPOY race vs Gobert: “I scored 42 on him and I’m not a scorer”

Stanley Kobrick
04-14-2021, 08:41 AM
Ben just hit Toody with the "you got bodied by a singer nick kerr"

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10001405-ben-simmons-on-dpoy-race-vs-rudy-gobert-i-scored-42-on-him-and-im-not-a-scorer

Mask the Embiid
04-14-2021, 08:49 AM
Just waking up in the morning got to thank God
i dont know but today seems kind of odd
no barking from the dog, no smog
and momma cooked a breakfast with no hog

Stanley Kobrick
04-14-2021, 09:01 AM
Just waking up in the morning got to thank God
i dont know but today seems kind of odd
no barking from the dog, no smog
and momma cooked a breakfast with no hog
:cheers:

Xiao Yao You
04-14-2021, 10:19 AM
Simmons scored 42 points against Utah in a 134-123 victory by the Jazz in mid-February. The 76ers All-Star shot 15-26 from the floor while handing out 12 assists. However, according to the NBA’s player tracking data, only nine of Simmons points came against Gobert on 3-7 shooting.

Is Ben really one our resident trolls RR3, Manny or Proctor?

pandiani17
04-14-2021, 10:37 AM
I love it when NBA players talk shit to each other, just like in the old days.

bison
04-14-2021, 10:42 AM
Damn. Ben pulling the receipts on Tooty Fruity. And you know Ben went at him in the paint too cause he sure as hell don’t pull up from 3. (Or pull out when creampieing Tooty’s ass)

Xiao Yao You
04-14-2021, 11:16 AM
Damn. Ben pulling the receipts on Tooty Fruity. And you know Ben went at him in the paint too cause he sure as hell don’t pull up from 3. (Or pull out when creampieing Tooty’s ass)

or at least went at Favors like everyone does when Gobert goes to the bench

RRR3
04-14-2021, 12:19 PM
Xiao is boiling lmao

LAmbruh
04-14-2021, 04:38 PM
damn, slayed

HBK_Kliq_2
04-14-2021, 04:58 PM
I would say Embiid is clearly the best defensive player on the 76ers. This is just an award they are trying to give Ben Simmons to hype him up because he was the #1 draft pick and Doc Rivers told the media to do it?

Gobert can be exposed in playoffs by great offensive teams that are based around guards\wings in the playoffs but for reg season? I say it's actually Gobert's award to lose this season.

Manny98
04-14-2021, 05:14 PM
lol nobody respects Gobert

Gets clowned on by everyone :oldlol:

Xiao Yao You
04-14-2021, 05:59 PM
lol nobody respects Gobert

Gets clowned on by everyone :oldlol:

Watch a game and see guys do everything they can to avoid the paint when he is in the game and tell me no one respects him. Or at the other end when they pack the paint and leave some of the best shooters on the planet wide open to keep him away from the rim. Poor Manny :facepalm

LoneyROY7
04-14-2021, 06:00 PM
15 ppg Benji dropped BUCKETS on Toody.

Xiao Yao You
04-14-2021, 06:07 PM
15 ppg Benji dropped BUCKETS on Toody.

3 buckets! :lol

LoneyROY7
04-14-2021, 06:22 PM
3 buckets! :lol

"He guarded me in Utah," the three-time All-Star said. "And I had 42."

outofstomach
04-14-2021, 06:26 PM

:lol :lol :lol

L8krH8tr
04-14-2021, 06:27 PM
ethered

Xiao Yao You
04-14-2021, 06:54 PM
"He guarded me in Utah," the three-time All-Star said. "And I had 42."

there's trolling and there's facts

Simmons scored 42 points against Utah in a 134-123 victory by the Jazz in mid-February. The 76ers All-Star shot 15-26 from the floor while handing out 12 assists. However, according to the NBA’s player tracking data, only nine of Simmons points came against Gobert on 3-7 shooting.

Manny98
04-14-2021, 06:58 PM
Watch a game and see guys do everything they can to avoid the paint when he is in the game and tell me no one respects him. Or at the other end when they pack the paint and leave some of the best shooters on the planet wide open to keep him away from the rim. Poor Manny :facepalm

Ben scored 42 in the paint

Don't even get me started on Jokic :lol

Xiao Yao You
04-14-2021, 06:59 PM
Ben scored 42 in the paint

Don't even get me started on Jokic :lol

and 3-7 against Gobert. Why is that hard to understand?

Manny98
04-14-2021, 07:06 PM
and 3-7 against Gobert. Why is that hard to understand?
Just rewatched the highlights and counted exactly 7 occasions where Simmons scored within Rudy's vicinity

https://youtu.be/vtP9WcQMo4c

fourkicks44
04-14-2021, 07:08 PM
The fact is Ben came out hard at the start of the game and Rudy struggled to guard him.

The Jazz were a little blindsided by this.

Gobert went to the bench and when he came back into the game he had more success keeping Ben from getting to the hoop.

It is true Rudy made some adjustments that slowed him down and Favors got smoked mostly but Xiao gonna Xiao.

The simple fact is he claims Rudy is so good at every facet of defense, helps his team defense become elite, affects matchups and protects the paint even when not directly guarding a player one one. Xiao regularly lets everyone know how important he is to the overall defence of the Jazz.

Despite this Ben still had a career high. Gorbert was on court for most of those points and he still got 42.

RRR3
04-14-2021, 07:11 PM
This might be the most delusional comment in ISH history. Yes teams are leaving Mitchell Ingles and Conley wide open cuz they’re afraid of Rudy “Shaq” Gobert :rolleyes:

RRR3
04-14-2021, 07:12 PM
The fact is Ben came out hard at the start of the game and Rudy struggled to guard him.

Gobert went to the bench and when he came back into the game he had more success keeping Ben from getting to the hoop.

It is true Rudy made some adjustments that slowed him down and Favors got smoked mostly but Xiao gonna Xiao.

The simple fact is he claims Rudy is so good at every facet of defense, helps his team defense become elite, affects matchups and protects the paint even when not directly guarding a player one one. Xiao regularly lets everyone know how important he is to the overall defence of the Jazz.

Despite this Ben still had a career high. Gorbert was on court for most of those points and he still got 42.
He claims Rudy is good at every facet of offense too :oldlol:

Xiao Yao You
04-14-2021, 07:31 PM
Just rewatched the highlights and counted exactly 7 occasions where Simmons scored within Rudy's vicinity

https://youtu.be/vtP9WcQMo4c

vicinity isn't the same as on him

Xiao Yao You
04-14-2021, 07:32 PM

3-7

Xiao Yao You
04-14-2021, 07:33 PM
This might be the most delusional comment in ISH history. Yes teams are leaving Mitchell Ingles and Conley wide open cuz they’re afraid of Rudy “Shaq” Gobert :rolleyes:

watch a game and get your face out of the box score

Xiao Yao You
04-14-2021, 07:34 PM
He claims Rudy is good at every facet of offense too :oldlol:

just the facet's that make his team a top 5 offense

r0drig0lac
04-14-2021, 07:37 PM
cold

Gohan
04-14-2021, 08:35 PM
Why is everyone body bagging gobert these days. Bitch nikkas scared to death ask Rudy yo

RRR3
04-14-2021, 08:59 PM
Why is everyone body bagging gobert these days. Bitch nikkas scared to death ask Rudy yo
No one is scared of Toody. Most players in the league could bench press his scrawny ass

Gohan
04-14-2021, 09:00 PM
No one is scared of Toody. Most players in the league could bench press his scrawny ass

Nah thats a busta rhymes line I couldn’t resist lol

Xiao Yao You
04-14-2021, 09:00 PM

they might bench him but they don't want to go anywhere near him on their offensive end. Facts

RRR3
04-14-2021, 09:06 PM
they might bench him but they don't want to go anywhere near him on their offensive end. Facts
Who’s they? Elite players go right at him. Maybe he scares scrubs.

Stanley Kobrick
04-14-2021, 10:05 PM
he got everyone sick with covid

Xiao Yao You
04-14-2021, 10:44 PM
Who’s they? Elite players go right at him. Maybe he scares scrubs.

Well there a lot of scrubs in the league than

RRR3
04-14-2021, 10:59 PM
Well there a lot of scrubs in the league than
I mean there are. lol are you going to deny it?

Axe
04-14-2021, 11:26 PM
He was forced to confess about it because other people are making fun of him scoring 7 points in a loss against the grizzlies.

Xiao Yao You
04-14-2021, 11:28 PM
I mean there are. lol are you going to deny it?

Well he's supposedly the 16th best player in the league and all based on defense yet he can only defend scrubs. Why even watch if the league is that pathetic?

Axe
04-14-2021, 11:29 PM
he got everyone sick with covid
Makes sense almost everybody thinks he's a clown nowadays

bison
04-14-2021, 11:33 PM

Welcome to ISH. We bag on ALL NBA niqqaz (as compensation for our absent fathers) :rockon:

Manny98
04-15-2021, 07:51 AM

https://youtu.be/pOvQwGIiEMg

rawimpact
04-15-2021, 07:57 AM
Gobert is a POS

The way that dumbass acted when he tested positive for COVID was ridiculous and unforgivable

Xiao Yao You
04-15-2021, 01:14 PM
Gobert is a POS

The way that dumbass acted when he tested positive for COVID was ridiculous and unforgivable

How did he act? He was scared and sorry for his previous actions I imagine. What is unforgivable about it? His teammate forgave him

Druckenmiller
04-15-2021, 11:03 PM
What’s embarrassing is Ben Simmons is barely averaging more points than Rudy Gobert. Dude would rather lose and take five shots than have to lead his team to a win.

There’s probably never been a more talented player whose game can be summed up by “He don’t want it.”