PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one thinking the Clippers are harder to beat when PG is leading the tea

Tobio-Star
04-15-2021, 03:34 PM
m?

When PG is locked in he can do everything, he is extremely efficient from 3, from midrange, decent near the rim as well. He can look unstoppable at times. Kawhi's midrange game is better than PG's but he is a lot easier to defend in general

The Clippers are very beatable (by elite teams that is) when PG is scoring less than 20

Waiting for you HBK :oldlol:

KOBEtherealKing
04-15-2021, 04:20 PM
No you’re not but it doesn’t matter because his plummets every playoffs

If it happens this year, he’ll never win a ring the same for cp3 if he becomes injured

mehyaM24
04-15-2021, 04:54 PM
well "better" is subjective. PG leads the team in RPM (impact) and iiirc was higher on the MVP ladder than kawhi. none of this will matter unless he proves it in the playoffs though. assuming that he does, the clippers will be a tough out for anyone. they're the darkhorse imo.

HBK_Kliq_2
04-15-2021, 05:04 PM
It's like saying warriors are harder to beat when Klay Thompson is playing well. Of course they are harder to beat when their sidekicks are doing well. Everybody still knows that Kawhi/Curry are the anchor, the focal point and the main reason for the teams success.

8Ball
04-15-2021, 05:05 PM
Kawhi isn't a leader.

Kawhi needs real MEN like Lowry, Duncan, Manu to lead the team.

But now that Clippers finally have an alpha dog in Rondo things will be better for them.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-15-2021, 05:16 PM
Maybe, but we all wanna see both LA teams square off. Bron vs Kawhi III needs to happen.

HBK_Kliq_2
04-15-2021, 05:16 PM
Kawhi isn't a leader.

Kawhi needs real MEN like Lowry, Duncan, Manu to lead the team.

But now that Clippers finally have an alpha dog in Rondo things will be better for them.

The season before kawhi arrived, lowry was leading raptors to 2nd round sweeps and getting his coach fired.

TommyGriffin
04-15-2021, 05:23 PM
The season before kawhi arrived, lowry was leading raptors to 2nd round sweeps and getting his coach fired.

Kawhi was a better 2nd option than Derozan.

Kyle was always the leading man on that team.

Tobio-Star
04-15-2021, 07:12 PM
No you’re not but it doesn’t matter because his plummets every playoffs

If it happens this year, he’ll never win a ring the same for cp3 if he becomes injured

No question

Tobio-Star
04-15-2021, 07:16 PM
It's like saying warriors are harder to beat when Klay Thompson is playing well. Of course they are harder to beat when their sidekicks are doing well. Everybody still knows that Kawhi/Curry are the anchor, the focal point and the main reason for the teams success.

Its not exactly the same thing. Klay doesn't have to be the best on the team every game in a playoffs series for them to be near-unbeatable. Just one game (G6s) usually suffice. However I believe that unless PG is leading the team, the Nets or the Lakers really don't have to fear the Clippers.

I remember the 1st game of the season when it was Lakers vs Clippers (doesn't mean much but still). The game was pretty close for the most part until PG decided to go off. From that point it was pretty much over, he was unstoppable

HBK_Kliq_2
04-15-2021, 07:45 PM
Kawhi was a better 2nd option than Derozan.

Kyle was always the leading man on that team.

Worst sidekick in NBA history, never even made an all NBA 2nd team. Only one all NBA selection in his career.

HBK_Kliq_2
04-15-2021, 07:47 PM
Its not exactly the same thing. Klay doesn't have to be the best on the team every game in a playoffs series for them to be near-unbeatable. Just one game (G6s) usually suffice. However I believe that unless PG is leading the team, the Nets or the Lakers really don't have to fear the Clippers.

I remember the 1st game of the season when it was Lakers vs Clippers (doesn't mean much but still). The game was pretty close for the most part until PG decided to go off. From that point it was pretty much over, he was unstoppable

Kawhi beat a healthy Davis/LeBron last season in a game that George wasn't even playing

Kawhi eliminated Dallas Mavs when Paul George has 18PPG on 35% FG

Kawhi won the goat finals mvp in 2019 when George was taking 1st round exits to a rookie Donovon Mitchell

I don't know what the hell you're looking at or what kind of alcohol/drugs that you're on.

Axe
04-15-2021, 07:53 PM
And most of all, went on to score 14 points on 6/22 against 7'1 brian windhorst and co., in a game 7 elimination game during the 2020 wcsf. Sorry but i'm afraid this undeniable fact has to be kept shoved in your freaking face the more you prop up your hero while trashing the raptors at the same time, asshole.

FireDavidKahn
04-15-2021, 08:14 PM
He looks great in the regular season.

Just wait until playoff P

lilteapot
04-15-2021, 08:24 PM
Even if Playoff P resurfaces I can't see Kawhi letting his team choke like that 2 years in a row.

Tobio-Star
04-15-2021, 08:36 PM
Kawhi beat a healthy Davis/LeBron last season in a game that George wasn't even playing

Kawhi eliminated Dallas Mavs when Paul George has 18PPG on 35% FG

Kawhi won the goat finals mvp in 2019 when George was taking 1st round exits to a rookie Donovon Mitchell

I don't know what the hell you're looking at or what kind of alcohol/drugs that you're on.

Lmao what are you trying to prove exactly? I said that the Clippers are better when PG is having a good game and Kawhi isn't than the opposite and all you did was taking examples of when he played bad :facepalm

Tobio-Star
04-15-2021, 08:38 PM
Even if Playoff P resurfaces I can't see Kawhi letting his team choke like that 2 years in a row.

Kawhi by himself wont get the Flippers past the Lakers. No wayyy

HBK_Kliq_2
04-15-2021, 08:41 PM
Lmao what are you trying to prove exactly? I said that the Clippers are better when PG is having a good game and Kawhi isn't than the opposite and all you did was taking examples of when he played bad :facepalm

Clippers are best when their two stars are playing well. George is the sidekick. I don't know why that's hard for you to understand. Kawhi was winning finals mvp in 2019 and George was taking 1st round exits. Kawhi will get ALL the credit if and when clippers win the title this season.

2much_knowledge
04-15-2021, 08:54 PM
I agree with OP. I have watched tons of Clipper game this season. The difference here is that Leonard loves to go into Iso mode alot. Loves to shoot contested jumpshots and once he gets his head down, theres no way he is gonna pass the ball. PG plays unselfish basketball and tries to do the correct play. He may have a shot and still swings it to the open guy. That being said, i think PG on his A game is more lethal and better for the team but Leonard is more consistent thats for sure. But Hopefully Rondo limits those Leonard isos

FireDavidKahn
04-15-2021, 09:35 PM

Brian Windhorst is simply better

Tobio-Star
04-15-2021, 11:24 PM
Kawhi will get ALL the credit if and when clippers win the title this season.

Fair enough I wasn't trying to discredit a potential title

Tobio-Star
04-15-2021, 11:32 PM
I agree with OP. I have watched tons of Clipper game this season. The difference here is that Leonard loves to go into Iso mode alot. Loves to shoot contested jumpshots and once he gets his head down, theres no way he is gonna pass the ball. PG plays unselfish basketball and tries to do the correct play. He may have a shot and still swings it to the open guy. That being said, i think PG on his A game is more lethal and better for the team but Leonard is more consistent thats for sure. But Hopefully Rondo limits those Leonard isos

My thoughts exactly

2much_knowledge
04-15-2021, 11:35 PM
My thoughts exactly

Clippers your main team?

HBK_Kliq_2
04-15-2021, 11:52 PM
My thoughts exactly

Kawhi is the offensive anchor and everything runs through him. George can just get hot.

Kawhi's a 10.9 offensive On\Off to George's +5.8

Also with raptors, coach Nick Nurse has never led a top 13 offense in regular season without Kawhi and they were always a top 3 ranked offense when Kawhi was on the court in playoffs.