PDA

View Full Version : Apparently Jokic is running away with the mvp voting.

Kblaze8855
04-15-2021, 07:02 PM
ESPN poll of 101 media members(many of them actually voters):

Jokic finished with 964 points and was the only player named on all 101 ballots. Embiid (82) and Giannis Antetokounmpo (https://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/3032977/giannis-antetokounmpo) (81) were the only others named on more than 70.
Since the league shifted to its current voting format before the 2016-17 season, no MVP winner has finished more than 224 points ahead of second (when James Harden (https://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/3992/james-harden) outpaced James in 2018). Jokic, by comparison, has a 568-point advantage over Embiid, who is now a very distant second.

Same voting system the nba uses. Mostly the same voters.

Looks like Jokic wins mvp.

How do you feel about that?

FultzNationRISE
04-15-2021, 07:04 PM
Bullshit.

Lebron deserves it.

SATAN
04-15-2021, 07:07 PM
Just furthers my case that this award has become meaningless

tontoz
04-15-2021, 07:14 PM
10th in scoring with a TS of 61%
4th in assists
8th in rebounding
Hasn't missed a game

Looks like the clear cut MVP to me. Not sure who I would put 2nd.

mehyaM24
04-15-2021, 07:24 PM
jokers been healthier than most candidates so that's a win for him. dude is also among the best in various advanced numbers like bpm(#1), rpm(#5), vorp(#1) and PER(#2). he also leads all centers in assists with a whopping 9 a game.

moreover his squad is 4th in the west. the teams with a better record are phoenix, utah and the clippers - but the only REAL candidate for MVP on either of those teams is paul george. who while playing well, hasn't been as good as jokic. lebron was a strong candidate about a month ago, but his injury derails any chances here. embiid is honestly the only strong candidate who might've got snubbed. not because he wont win, but that he's behind so many points.

RRR3
04-15-2021, 07:27 PM
jokers been healthier than most candidates so that's a win for him. dude is also among the best in various advanced numbers like bpm(#1), rpm(#5), vorp(#1) and PER(#2). he also leads all centers in assists with a whopping 9 a game.

moreover his squad is 4th in the west. the teams with a better record are phoenix, utah and the clippers - but the only REAL candidate for MVP on either of those teams is paul george. who while playing well, hasn't been as good as jokic. lebron was a strong candidate about a month ago, but his injury derails any chances here. embiid is honestly the only strong candidate who might've got snubbed. not because he wont win, but that he's behind so many points.
Incoming meltdown from HBK when he sees you listed PG as an MVP candidate instead of Kawhi.

Mask the Embiid
04-15-2021, 07:28 PM
so many jokes i could say based off the title but what one should i use?

more like a slight jog.Jokic doesnt do running...no thats not it
Jokic only runs for whoppers.....no thats not it either
the only think he's running away with is with a plate of food...no thats too easy

i know what ill say

Jokic's thighs rub together when he runs....ya that a work.lets go with that one

ZenMaster
04-15-2021, 07:33 PM
-220 on him still, sounds like easy money.

mehyaM24
04-15-2021, 07:34 PM
Incoming meltdown from HBK when he sees you listed PG as an MVP candidate instead of Kawhi.

i don't think pg is better, but has arguably had the better season. he's balled out dude. unfortunately for him, nobody cares and are waiting for the playoffs to start.

HBK_Kliq_2
04-15-2021, 07:51 PM
Centers who don't play defense will never win jack shit in the playoffs. If they really want to give it to him to prop him up, go ahead.

HBK_Kliq_2
04-15-2021, 07:52 PM
i don't think pg is better, but has arguably had the better season. he's balled out dude. unfortunately for him, nobody cares and are waiting for the playoffs to start.

Kawhi leads him in PPG, BPM, VORP, win shares.

George wasn't even good enough to be #2 in win shares on his own team.

tontoz
04-15-2021, 07:57 PM
Kawhi has no chance. They won't give the MVP to Mr Load Management.

Axe
04-15-2021, 08:06 PM
Centers who don't play defense will never win jack shit in the playoffs. If they really want to give it to him to prop him up, go ahead.
Yet somehow that guy went on to mount a comeback against your hero and his team after being down 1-3 in the second round last year. You are just jealous because you suckers sucked so badly and that won't change in the playoffs with ty lue as their head coach.

HBK_Kliq_2
04-15-2021, 08:06 PM
Kawhi has no chance. They won't give the MVP to Mr Load Management.

If he plays 15 more games this season, that would put him at 60 games out of 72.

Harden won the MVP playing 72 games out of 82.

2 game difference is too much for Rachael Nichols to handle huh?

That's Murray's team, he was the leader in points\assist\win shares during their playoff run and he's their best ball handler, shooter, scorer, defender.

tontoz
04-15-2021, 08:11 PM
If he plays 15 more games this season, that would put him at 60 games out of 72.

That's Murray's team, he was the leader in points\assist\win shares during their playoff run and he's their best ball handler, shooter, scorer, defender.

There are only 15 games left in the season.

Do you really think Kawhi will play 15 straight games? :roll:

RRR3
04-15-2021, 08:15 PM
KaChoke will never win MVP :(

AussieSteve
04-15-2021, 08:23 PM
Jokic is the clear MVP. No controversy here.

Assuming the remaining candidates play most of the remaining games, Embiid and Giannis will be 2nd and 3rd.

I'll be shocked if Kawhi finishes top 5. He should be around 8th-10th

mehyaM24
04-15-2021, 08:29 PM
this hbk guy is a troll lol

HBK_Kliq_2
04-15-2021, 08:35 PM
Yet somehow that guy went on to mount a comeback against your hero and his team after being down 1-3 in the second round last year. You are just jealous because you suckers sucked so badly and that won't change in the playoffs with ty lue as their head coach.

1 conference finals win in his career and murray is out the next 2 seasons hahaha good luck

Clippers have won last 13/15 games with Ty Lue and both those losses were with multiple starters injured.

HBK_Kliq_2
04-15-2021, 08:36 PM

It's highly possible. 2-3 games short isn't a difference maker

HBK_Kliq_2
04-15-2021, 08:39 PM
Jokic is the clear MVP. No controversy here.

Assuming the remaining candidates play most of the remaining games, Embiid and Giannis will be 2nd and 3rd.

I'll be shocked if Kawhi finishes top 5. He should be around 8th-10th

Anything worse then top 3 is laughable:

Win Shares
1. Nikola Jokić • DEN 12.0
2. Rudy Gobert • UTA 8.8
3. Kawhi Leonard • LAC 8.0

Kawhi is so damn good, he load manages and is still top 3 in win shares.

tontoz
04-15-2021, 08:42 PM
It's highly possible. 2-3 games short isn't a difference maker

Kawhi isn't even top 5 on the list now and the chances of him playing 15 straight are about the same as the chances of the wizards making the Finals.

How would he pass all the guys in front of him while missing more games? Not happening.

2much_knowledge
04-15-2021, 08:44 PM
Bullshit.

Lebron deserves it.

By resting and clapping on the sideline...

HBK_Kliq_2
04-15-2021, 08:46 PM
Kawhi isn't even top 5 on the list now and the chances of him playing 15 straight are about the same as the chances of the wizards making the Finals.

How would he pass all the guys in front of him while missing more games? Not happening.

The leading scorer on the team with the greatest offensive rating\half court offense in NBA history. If anybody else did that, the media would be sucking him off.

tontoz
04-15-2021, 08:55 PM
The leading scorer on the team with the greatest offensive rating\half court offense in NBA history. If anybody else did that, the media would be sucking him off.

His on off numbers aren't as good as George FYI. Not a good look for a MVP candidate.

bison
04-15-2021, 08:59 PM
I’m fine with this as long as there is no gay ass awards show

Axe
04-15-2021, 09:01 PM
Later on in ish, we will get to see hbk making threads about how paul george sucks on a playoff team.

fourkicks44
04-15-2021, 09:09 PM
If he can keep the team a float with Murray down?

Thats a big burden and would make it hard to argue against giving him the award.

If the Nuggets slide down the Western Conference standings now Murray is out?

I think it is hard to argue he deserves it. Especially if Joel Embiid gets his scoring above 30ppg and Philadelphia gets the 1 seed.

I know "bbbbbb..but Jokic played more games"....

Don't matter if you are playing, you gotta f#ckin win for it to matter.

Am I biased? Yeah, but I am right. Jokic is deserved front runner right now but it ain't over yet.

That all being said I ain't a voter and the voters have been full of shit for years.

NugzFan
04-15-2021, 09:41 PM
Bullshit.

Lebron deserves it.

Agreed! Lebron always deserves it

NugzFan
04-15-2021, 09:42 PM
Just furthers my case that this award has become meaningless

:mad:

NugzFan
04-15-2021, 09:43 PM
this hbk guy is a troll lol

There are like 3 clippers fans on this site
2 are trolls

NugzFan
04-15-2021, 10:00 PM
1 conference finals win in his career and murray is out the next 2 seasons hahaha good luck

Clippers have won last 13/15 games with Ty Lue and both those losses were with multiple starters injured.

Murray can return before the end of next season

HBK_Kliq_2
04-15-2021, 10:04 PM
His on off numbers aren't as good as George FYI. Not a good look for a MVP candidate.

Overall on/off

Kawhi: 10.1
George: 9.6

Also the team is built around their goat offense that runs through Kawhi.

Offense on/off for Kawhi: +10.9

Kawhi is also top 2 in the league in points per possesion while posting up or on pick and rolls.

Don't argue against kawhi if you were smart, makes you look very stupid to people who understand the game.

HBK_Kliq_2
04-15-2021, 10:06 PM
Murray can return before the end of next season

By then it will be too late, your seeding will be too low. Porter will leave you in the off-season for max money and Gordon will probably leave as well.

tontoz
04-15-2021, 10:10 PM
Overall on/off

Kawhi: 10.1
George: 9.6

Also the team is built around their goat offense that runs through Kawhi.

Offense on/off for Kawhi: +10.9

Kawhi is also top 2 in the league in points per possesion while posting up or on pick and rolls.

Don't argue against kawhi if you were smart, makes you look very stupid to people who understand the game.

Not sure where you are getting your numbers. 82games.com has PG at +11.1, Kawhi at +9.2.

http://www.82games.com/2021/20LAC11.HTM#onoff

http://www.82games.com/2021/20LAC9.HTM#onoff

ShawkFactory
04-15-2021, 10:38 PM
Anything worse then top 3 is laughable:

Win Shares
1. Nikola Jokić • DEN 12.0
2. Rudy Gobert • UTA 8.8
3. Kawhi Leonard • LAC 8.0

Kawhi is so damn good, he load manages and is still top 3 in win shares.

If only there were a way to see win shares adjusted for the difference in games that some of these guys have played. Oh well..

Axe
04-15-2021, 10:40 PM
There are like 3 clippers fans on this site
2 are trolls
Hbk dimwit is not even a clippers fan. For sure once kawhi leaves that club for good, he will be also trashing them as well. Like what he's usually done with the raptors.

NugzFan
04-15-2021, 11:10 PM
By then it will be too late, your seeding will be too low. Porter will leave you in the off-season for max money and Gordon will probably leave as well.

Do clippers fans even try to troll well anymore or have they given up?

iamgine
04-15-2021, 11:21 PM
Seems like he deserve it.

GOBB
04-16-2021, 02:51 PM
He deserves it. Whether we he wins it will be interesting. Still small chance he loses it. Curious where Denver ends up record wise at seasons end. I think Denver has 7th best record. Who was the last MVP winner that had a team record outside of the top 5?

ImKobe
04-16-2021, 02:58 PM

60 out of 72 is good enough, but Kawhi hasn't carried his team enough to deserve the award, his numbers are pretty mediocre and PG has been putting in work. I'd only feel like giving it to him if the Clippers finished 1st in the West with Leonard having a great stretch to end the season.

Also, Jokic is putting up ATG numbers while Murray's numbers are barely above-average for a scoring guard and won't be there to finish the season. If Nuggs finish top 4, I don't see how Jokic wouldn't have a better case over anyone in the West.

Sulico
04-16-2021, 06:09 PM
Yup. Called it before the season.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-16-2021, 06:13 PM
Absolutely deserved. Incredible numbers and has managed to stay healthy.

Without Murray it'll be interesting to see where he takes Denver.

Full Court
04-16-2021, 06:39 PM
The only ones that should be in the running for MPV this year are Embiid and Jokic. Since Embiid's missed a bunch of games, I have no problem with Jokic running away with it.

GOBB
04-16-2021, 08:01 PM
Bill Walton won MVP missing 24 games in a season. Embiid might be able to steal this

tontoz
04-16-2021, 08:42 PM

Sure enough Mr Load Mgt sitting out again. :oldlol:

imdaman99
04-16-2021, 10:34 PM
https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/81652680.jpg

Kblaze8855
03-29-2022, 04:55 PM
Looks like he wins again. This is from today:

https://www.hostpic.org/images/2203300224490383.jpeg

tontoz
03-29-2022, 05:06 PM
Embiid is at the top of the Kia MVP ladder. I guess the NBA.com people are just making up their own list without actually polling anyone.

I still think it could go either way. Giannis is certainly a worthy candidate but at this point i think voter fatigue is an issue for him.

https://www.nba.com/news/kia-nba-mvp-tracker-2022

Kblaze8855
03-29-2022, 05:16 PM
Yea the mvp ladder is just an editor or two I assume. They certainly aren’t doing a poll.

tontoz
03-29-2022, 05:28 PM
I was watching NBA Gametime the other day and Matt Winer says here are the guidelines we get from the NBA on how to pick the MVP. It caught my attention because i wasn't aware there were any guidelines. Then he shows a picture of a blank screen. :lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XP6FK_ig-CY

1987_Lakers
03-29-2022, 05:52 PM
I wouldn't be uspet if either Jokic or Embiid win it, but to me Jokic would be my vote.

Sixers had a 36-24 record before the Harden trade.

Nuggets currently sit at 45-31, which is very similar win%

Only difference is Jokic has had less help all year.

RRR3
03-29-2022, 05:58 PM

Good he should win.

tontoz
03-29-2022, 06:03 PM
I agree Jokic has been the best player but Embiid and Giannis have had MVP caliber seasons too. Joker is just a freak.

Real Men Wear Green
03-29-2022, 06:09 PM

I'm just happy to see Tatum in the top 5. Celtics should be in great hands for a long time.

tontoz
03-29-2022, 06:58 PM
I'm just happy to see Tatum in the top 5. Celtics should be in great hands for a long time.

Haven't watched the C's in awhile but the chuckfests between Tatum and Beal early in the year we're hard to watch.

On the Zach Lowe podcast Zach was saying that Tatum is seeing the floor better now and passing better.

Shogon
03-29-2022, 07:00 PM
In before the Celtics fall off of a cliff due to the Williams injury. Tatum? Really?

And lmao @ Ja Morant in 4th.

The people that vote on these things really don't know anything. They really, really don't. They haven't the slightest clue. They're retarded. Of course it's not their fault, but it is what it is.

At least they got the top three right.

ArbitraryWater
03-29-2022, 07:02 PM
damn, thought this was this season :/

ArbitraryWater
03-29-2022, 07:03 PM

nice

tontoz
03-29-2022, 07:17 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XP6FK_ig-CY

:oldlol:

FultzNationRISE
03-29-2022, 07:24 PM
For ****s sake, if it’s not going to Lebron for the season he’s had why do we even do this

Real Men Wear Green
03-29-2022, 07:49 PM
Haven't watched the C's in awhile but the chuckfests between Tatum and Beal early in the year we're hard to watch.

On the Zach Lowe podcast Zach was saying that Tatum is seeing the floor better now and passing better.
That and almost as important he has figured out how to use his physical advantages. He isn't Giannis but he is still a lot stronger than most guys that can keep up with his quickness on the perimeter. He can finish like a big in the paint and he is taking it strong to the hole now unlike in the past when he was just hoping to get the whistle.

Real Men Wear Green
03-29-2022, 07:54 PM
In before the Celtics fall off of a cliff due to the Williams injury. Tatum? Really?

This from the guy that talks about how stupid everyone else is for putting wins and losses on one player. Robert Williams is no doubt important, he was the starter for a reason and if he was healthier would have a strong DPoY argument. But the Celtics have strong defenders throughout the rotation and two guys that can score 30 any time they want to. Williams makes it so the Celtics could run away with the East. Without him they are still able to compete.

Shogon
03-29-2022, 07:56 PM
This from the guy that talks about how stupid everyone else is for putting wins and losses on one player. Robert Williams is no doubt important, he was the starter for a reason and if he was healthier would have a strong DPoY argument. But the Celtics have strong defenders throughout the rotation and two guys that can score 30 any time they want to. Williams makes it so the Celtics could run away with the East. Without him they are still able to compete.

You misunderstand. I'm not saying Williams is their most important player. I'm saying that team dynamics are a hell of a thing and that his absence will likely result in them losing a lot more. The same can be said for several Celtics players. I'm saying that Tatum does not nor will he ever belong in the MVP conversation and that teams are greater than the sum of their parts.

Tatum is where he's at exclusively because of the Celtics hot streak, nothing more, nothing less.

There is zero thought put into him being that high by the voters other than W/L record.

ZERO.

Real Men Wear Green
03-29-2022, 08:05 PM
You misunderstand. I'm not saying Williams is their most important player. I'm saying that team dynamics are a hell of a thing and that his absence will likely result in them losing a lot more. The same can be said for several Celtics players. I'm saying that Tatum does not nor will he ever belong in the MVP conversation and that teams are greater than the sum of their parts.

Tatum is where he's at exclusively because of the Celtics hot streak, nothing more, nothing less.

There is zero thought put into him being that high by the voters other than W/L record.

ZERO.

He has two player of the week awards and has been averaging something like 34 points over the last few weeks. He isn't even seriously in the MVP conversation (he had no first place votes in that poll) but his play absolutely deserves praise. 27 8 and 4 is statist a strong season and it's coming from an excellent defender. Without Williams when Tatum and Brown play the Celtics will still be very good (they lead the Cs to the conference finals twice without him). Only potential first round opponent that could beat them is Brooklyn and if Williams returns in the second round they're defense going to the finals. Without him train and Brown will have to play at a superstar level but that's what Tatum has been doing since February.

Shogon
03-29-2022, 08:07 PM
He has two player of the week awards and has been averaging something like 34 points over the last few weeks. He isn't even seriously in the MVP conversation (he had no first place votes in that poll) but his play absolutely deserves praise. 27 8 and 4 is statist a strong season and it's coming from an excellent defender. Without Williams when Tatum and Brown play the Celtics will still be very good (they lead the Cs to the conference finals twice without him). Only potential first round opponent that could beat them is Brooklyn and if Williams returns in the second round they're defense going to the finals. Without him train and Brown will have to play at a superstar level but that's what Tatum has been doing since February.

Tatum is a very good player. All-Star level.

I mean, forget about team record. As an individual... are you ranking him top 5? Top 10? I can see you going with top 10, but he does not have a case for top 5, and there he sits, top 5 in the polling, due to team record.

I understand MVP isn't a "best player" award, but it basically is. It should be. It's the only individual award that exists in the sport to recognize the tip top of the food chain individuals' greatness for 82 games.

It's ok though because the guy directly ahead of him is the biggest insult to the voters' intelligence anyways.

plowking
03-29-2022, 10:25 PM
Embiid shouldn't be in the running considering the games he has missed.

I think Giannis and Jokic are clear cut runaways for it.

tontoz
03-29-2022, 10:33 PM
Embiid shouldn't be in the running considering the games he has missed.

I think Giannis and Jokic are clear cut runaways for it.

He's missed 13 which isn't that bad but it's been a long time since an MVP missed that many. Going back to 2001 the most games missed by a MVP was Iverson with 11.

Morant has.missed like 20 so I am surprised to see him at 4 in the poll, especially considering how the team is playing without him.

konex
03-29-2022, 10:55 PM
Giannis is so disrespected. He is the best player in the league and should be MVP with his stats and record in the better conference.

AlternativeAcc.
03-29-2022, 11:16 PM
Giannis is so disrespected. He is the best player in the league and should be MVP with his stats and record in the better conference.

His stats are inferior to Jokics and his cast is stacked compared to Jokics

Back 2 back, get over it racist bitch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twhfn40j2dM

Akeem34TheDream
03-30-2022, 03:35 AM
If Jokic wins this year then meaning of the award changes permanently. There has always been an emphasis on winning except the year Westbrook won. If Jokic wins this year, award will be handed to the players with best advanced stats from now on.

GimmeThat
03-30-2022, 03:42 AM
If Jokic wins this year then meaning of the award changes permanently. There has always been an emphasis on winning except the year Westbrook won. If Jokic wins this year, award will be handed to the players with best advanced stats from now on.

they should change the term coach to manager as well if that's the case

stone age was the best era of basketball

https://image.shutterstock.com/image-illustration/3d-render-funny-caveman-holding-260nw-534689935.jpg

tontoz
03-30-2022, 08:12 AM

Denver is currently 14 games over .500 without their 2nd and 3rd best players.

Akeem34TheDream
03-30-2022, 11:12 AM
Denver is currently 14 games over .500 without their 2nd and 3rd best players.
Injuries to your teammates didn't use to be a factor or an advantage before. You are trying to change the trophy. This is not the best player in the league award. They gave this award 66 times, take a look at the winners.

tontoz
03-30-2022, 11:15 AM
Injuries to your teammates didn't use to be a factor or an advantage before. You are trying to change the trophy. This is not the best player in the league award. They gave this award 66 times, take a look at the winners.

Russ got it with a worse record than Denver.

Akeem34TheDream
03-30-2022, 11:24 AM
Russ got it with a worse record than Denver.

And that is one of the most controversial mvp years. The main reason he won was he averaged triple double. You know all this though. You just want the award to go to the guy with best advanced stats.

tontoz
03-30-2022, 11:30 AM
And that is one of the most controversial mvp years. The main reason he won was he averaged triple double. You know all this though. You just want the award to go to the guy with best advanced stats.

It isn't like they have a bad record. They are 14 games over .500 currently tied with the Jazz.

There have never been any guidelines from the NBA to the voters on what the voting criteria should be. Voters can pick whoever they want for any reason.

RRR3
03-30-2022, 12:25 PM
We want to give it to the guy who deserves it most. Sorry your guy wasn’t good enough :(

Akeem34TheDream
03-30-2022, 12:39 PM
We want to give it to the guy who deserves it most. Sorry your guy wasn’t good enough :(

Deserve? What does that mean? It has been almost 70 years since the first mvp and the winner is almost always the best player in one of the best teams in the nba. Yeah like tontoz mentioned its not written but thats the culture of it. Btw i love Jokic. Him and Kawhi are my two favorite players. Kawhi also had 2 very good regular seasons in 2019 and 2020 but i didn't expect him to be a candidate because he didn't play enough games. That is also another unwritten rule. I'm saying this the last time this is not the best player in the league award. NBA tries to prioritize winning as a smart marketing purpose. Just look at the winners of past mvp's. It's not that hard.

tontoz
03-30-2022, 12:45 PM
Deserve? What does that mean? It has been almost 70 years since the first mvp and the winner is almost always the best player in one of the best teams in the nba. Yeah like tontoz mentioned its not written but thats the culture of it. Btw i love Jokic. Him and Kawhi are my two favorite players. Kawhi also had 2 very good regular seasons in 2019 and 2020 but i didn't expect him to be a candidate because he didn't play enough games. That is also another unwritten rule. I'm saying this the last time this is not the best player in the league award. NBA tries to prioritize winning as a smart marketing purpose. Just look at the winners of past mvp's. It's not that hard.

So who should be the MVP? Booker? He is pretty much a scoring specialist and the top 3 guys are better scorers than he is.

Bucks have only 2 more wins than Denver, Philly only 1 more.

Akeem34TheDream
03-30-2022, 01:19 PM
So who should be the MVP? Booker? He is pretty much a scoring specialist and the top 3 guys are better scorers than he is.

Bucks have only 2 more wins than Denver, Philly only 1 more.

That's a good point there is no clear winner this year, that's why it will come down to the last games. If Nuggets win their remaining games Jokic would probably win it. Seeding is also important. It will be a very close race but i think Giannis is leading at the moment.

1987_Lakers
04-05-2022, 01:53 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/dknation.draftkings.com/platform/amp/2022/4/4/23009264/nba-mvp-race-2022-nikola-jokic-odds-picks-predictions-nuggets-west-standings-playoff-picture

Looks like Jokic is gonna win it.

ArbitraryWater
04-05-2022, 01:54 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/dknation.draftkings.com/platform/amp/2022/4/4/23009264/nba-mvp-race-2022-nikola-jokic-odds-picks-predictions-nuggets-west-standings-playoff-picture

Looks like Jokic is gonna win it.

black twitter furious

black nba furious too

ShawkFactory
04-05-2022, 02:16 PM
Per Fanduel Julius Randle has the same odds to win MVP as Derozan and Lavine and greater odds than Trae Young. Am I missing something with that? His team is 10 games below .500 and he hasn't been good at all.

1987_Lakers
04-11-2022, 10:33 PM
Confirmed ballots...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FQF3VoKWUAs9E3v?format=jpg&name=large

FultzNationRISE
04-11-2022, 10:47 PM
Per Fanduel Julius Randle has the same odds to win MVP as Derozan and Lavine and greater odds than Trae Young. Am I missing something with that? His team is 10 games below .500 and he hasn't been good at all.

Yeah. The city he plays in.

ZionDunks
04-12-2022, 02:18 AM
Not surprised and deserved.

If he does this again next season he will win it three straight seasons

ZionDunks
04-12-2022, 02:19 AM
How does someone get the right to vote on MVP?? Like how does the NBA select that

NugzFan
04-12-2022, 02:56 AM
That's a good point there is no clear winner this year, that's why it will come down to the last games. If Nuggets win their remaining games Jokic would probably win it. Seeding is also important. It will be a very close race but i think Giannis is leading at the moment.

“Very close race” but anyone who votes jokic is “changing the meaning of mvp forever”

Ok.

Axe
04-12-2022, 08:49 AM
Confirmed ballots...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FQF3VoKWUAs9E3v?format=jpg&name=large
Ja morant's name nowhere to be found. :lol

:roll:

tontoz
04-12-2022, 08:53 AM
I think most of the voters probably wouldn't take Will Barton over Maxey, Harris, Middleton or Holiday.