PDA

View Full Version : The Nets are done for this season, I'd stop watching from now on. Throw in the towel.

Kiddlovesnets
04-16-2021, 12:53 AM
Forget about the championship, our ceiling is 2nd round this year. The Big three rarely play together, and you never know when Irving decides to randomly skips a playoffs game for personal reasons. Moreover, Aldridge quits on his teammates with the playoffs around the corner, deciding that he doesnt want to play for us anymore 'cause he doesnt like our title chance. A lot of you who have never worked in a team in your professional career, will not understand how demoralizing it is when you and your colleagues are ready for the big challenge ahead and someone decides that he wants to quit.

I cant imagine how the other nets players can carry on, the locker room must be silent when they heard this news, knowing the title has slipped away. We need to regroup in the off-season and contend for next year, theres no hope left in this season. Hopefully we will make the right signings and trades that wont end up with soft players who backstab their teammates. Avery Bradley did this to his Lakers teammates last year, what a miracle they still pulled it out. This is it for us in this season filled with miseries and disasters, we will be back and contend for next season.

Good luck to the 76ers, Bucks and Heat, and I will be rooting for you if you will go up against the Lakers in the finals. Or if the Clippers come out of the West, I hope they win it all as Kawhi deserves another ring.
:cheers:

SouBeachTalents
04-16-2021, 01:00 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdlUvjT1JII&ab_channel=KingofConservatism

Stanley Kobrick
04-16-2021, 01:05 AM
that is a pretty big wall of text dedicated to Lebron23

coastalmarker99
04-16-2021, 01:09 AM
You do understand right that Aldridge could die from a heart attack at any moment if he keeps playing basketball.

He made the smart choice for himself and his health and I wish him all the best in his future endeavours

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-16-2021, 01:10 AM
https://media3.giphy.com/media/TFIRkGYpK51G3WMDzV/200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47k9skh754lr1ef1konpiuap8ke8k1 dh2tffz43nb5&rid=200w.webp&ct=g

OP typing this out then hitting submit

Axe
04-16-2021, 01:18 AM
Forget about the championship, our ceiling is 2nd round this year. The Big three rarely play together, and you never know when Irving decides to randomly skips a playoffs game for personal reasons. Moreover, Aldridge quits on his teammates with the playoffs around the corner, deciding that he doesnt want to play for us anymore 'cause he doesnt like our title chance. A lot of you who have never worked in a team in your professional career, will not understand how demoralizing it is when you and your colleagues are ready for the big challenge ahead and someone decides that he wants to quit.

I cant imagine how the other nets players can carry on, the locker room must be silent when they heard this news, knowing the title has slipped away. We need to regroup in the off-season and contend for next year, theres no hope left in this season. Hopefully we will make the right signings and trades that wont end up with soft players who backstab their teammates. Avery Bradley did this to his Lakers teammates last year, what a miracle they still pulled it out. This is it for us in this season filled with miseries and disasters, we will be back and contend for next season.

Good luck to the 76ers, Bucks and Heat, and I will be rooting for you if you will go up against the Lakers in the finals. Or if the Clippers come out of the West, I hope they win it all as Kawhi deserves another ring.
Oh how sweet.

Typed with a truly effeminate heart. 😘

DoctorP
04-16-2021, 01:29 AM
don't be ridiculous OP. they didn't need Aldridge anyways.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BmBtUXLCcAEFnLy.png:large

LoneyROY7
04-16-2021, 01:43 AM
The Toughest Road™.

But there's one man who can shoulder this burden.

DoctorP
04-16-2021, 01:44 AM
The Toughest Road™.

https://media2.giphy.com/media/dll4etfvdHqrxN2Qsk/source.gif

TheCorporation
04-16-2021, 01:56 AM
The Toughest Road™.

https://i.postimg.cc/mrGGNHFC/1557385647840.jpg

https://media2.giphy.com/media/AoSmJbOYZDuptOwK33/giphy.gif

Sportal
04-16-2021, 02:36 AM
OP has never done strenuous exercise in his life, so has zero clue about what could potentially happen with Aldridge.

Axe
04-16-2021, 02:44 AM
OP has never done strenuous exercise in his life, so has zero clue about what could potentially happen with Aldridge.
He doesn't seem to know the consequences of jerking off multiple times in a span of a minute.

SATAN
04-16-2021, 03:53 AM

tl;dr

HylianNightmare
04-16-2021, 07:49 AM
You should go outside and actually play basketball yeah

Kiddlovesnets
04-16-2021, 09:34 AM

What could happen to him? I've had colleagues dealing with same kind of issues and no one had died from it. I've watched basketball for 20 years and not a single player has died on the court. Aldridge is just a deserter, he quits on us because we actually needs him to step up and contribute. If hes on the 2017 Warriors superteam, he'd just be happy being their 12th man and grab a ring. And now everyone has to play the nice guy and wish him happy retirement, what a joke this is. Everyone is sympathizing Aldridge, whos going to be comfort Nets players and fans who have their title dreams ended because of Aldridge's cowardice?
:facepalm

ArbitraryWater
04-16-2021, 09:51 AM
What could happen to him? I've had colleagues dealing with same kind of issues and no one had died from it. I've watched basketball for 20 years and not a single player has died on the court. Aldridge is just a deserter, he quits on us because we actually needs him to step up and contribute. If hes on the 2017 Warriors superteam, he'd just be happy being their 12th man and grab a ring. And now everyone has to play the nice guy and wish him happy retirement, what a joke this is. Everyone is sympathizing Aldridge, whos going to be comfort Nets players and fans who have their title dreams ended because of Aldridge's cowardice?

You're a piece of shit.

jayfan
04-16-2021, 11:52 AM

I don't recall you saying, after the Harden acquisition, and then the Griffin acquisition, that they still can't win unless they sign LeMarcus Aldridge.

noonereal
04-16-2021, 11:53 AM
Obviously this is a silly thread but as far as the Net's go, they deservedly got hammered by NEW York talk radio yesterday. Not playing KD or Griffin and Nash quitting with nearly 9 minutes left in the game. Down 3 with one minute left in the game and you don't even put in arguably the greatest scorer the game has ever seen? Who has had his way all day?
Between Kyrie's "personal days" the insane planned rest days for all and the lack of interest in winning, what had been a very exciting season for a Brooklyn fan has become begrudging support.
As to Aldridge, good player, didn't fit. I wish him well.
Griffin is another non fit. I hope he doesn't play.
I don't know how I feel about the Net's now. I am defiantly resentful. I don't like lazy and this team has got to be the laziest I have ever watched.

At least the Kicks bring it every day.

Hey Yo
04-16-2021, 12:00 PM

https://i.redd.it/oqgeni7pyx051.jpg

Kiddlovesnets
04-16-2021, 12:20 PM
I don't recall you saying, after the Harden acquisition, and then the Griffin acquisition, that they still can't win unless they sign LeMarcus Aldridge.

I didnt say we would win back then either, I never trusted the team's health management though, we have too many injury-prone players. Aldridge would've given us some insurance incase one of the big three goes down, or Irving decides to miss 2-3 playoffs games due to personal reasons. And now all hope is lost, the Heat was so lucky that Aldridge didnt choose them, they dodged a bullet.

Number34
04-16-2021, 12:41 PM

Didn't Reggie Lewis die from an irregular heartbeat problem? Pretty much on the court?

jayfan
04-16-2021, 12:46 PM
Didn't Reggie Lewis die from an irregular heartbeat problem? Pretty much on the court?

Yes. And Hank Gathers died on the court. He's too young to remember those incidents, apparently.

Kiddlovesnets
04-16-2021, 12:52 PM

Cant you read? I said the last 20 years, basically since the start of 2000s. So did anything like this happen since the 21st century? This is modern era now, the medical treatment is at a completely differet level.

tpols
04-16-2021, 12:59 PM

So did pistol pete.

hold this L
04-16-2021, 01:05 PM
Has a condition that could literally threaten his life = quitting on his team

dankok8
04-16-2021, 01:08 PM
Also Jason Collier on the Hawks died like 10 years ago IIRC from a heart-related problem.

Anyways I agree the Nets won't win a ring but not because Aldridge retired. They won't win because they can't stay healthy and don't play any defense.

hateraid
04-16-2021, 01:15 PM
OP didn't take this into account

05' Zydrunas.... 17/9 and 2.1 blocks.. 19.5 PER.. 0.149 WS/48.. #12 defense.. lottery
90' Pippen........ 16/7 and 1.2 blocks.. 16.3 PER.. 0.087 WS/48.. #19 defense.. nearly won title

HBK_Kliq_2
04-16-2021, 01:54 PM
OP hit it right on the money.

Lamarcus is a bitch coward and retired after he realized he was starting center and have to guard guys like Embiid/Giannis. He probably thought he was getting a David West in 2017 type role. Lamarcus isn't a center or a banger or a defender.

Next time don't sign with the team and waste everybody's time as well as a roster spot.

Kiddlovesnets
04-16-2021, 01:55 PM
OP hit it right on the money.

Lamarcus is a bitch coward and retired after he realized he was starting center and have to guard guys like Embiid/Giannis. He probably thought he was getting a David West in 2017 type role. Lamarcus isn't a center or a banger or a defender.

Next time don't sign with the team and waste everybody's time as well as a roster spot.

Yeah I hope the FO learned their lesson, Aldridge is a deserter and he singlehandedly ended our season. Though he could've at least told the coaching staff that he aint willing to serve his current role, and instead he just threw everyone under the bus. What a joke.

KirbyPls
04-16-2021, 01:55 PM
OP didn't take this into account

05' Zydrunas.... 17/9 and 2.1 blocks.. 19.5 PER.. 0.149 WS/48.. #12 defense.. lottery
90' Pippen........ 16/7 and 1.2 blocks.. 16.3 PER.. 0.087 WS/48.. #19 defense.. nearly won title

:lol

KirbyPls
04-16-2021, 01:56 PM
Let's be real, OP doesn't care about the Nets and is probably hoping they don't win. He's a mere Jordan Stan; nothing more, nothing less.

Kiddlovesnets
04-16-2021, 02:00 PM
Let's be real, OP doesn't care about the Nets and is probably hoping they don't win. He's a mere Jordan Stan; nothing more, nothing less.

I was on the forum since 2007 and rooting for Jason Kidd's old Nets team, who are you by the way?

KirbyPls
04-16-2021, 02:26 PM
I was on the forum since 2007 and rooting for Jason Kidd's old Nets team, who are you by the way?

A humble defender of truth and objectivity on this great forum. My identity isn't important; only my purpose. :cheers:

ShawkFactory
04-16-2021, 02:28 PM
Yeah I hope the FO learned their lesson, Aldridge is a deserter and he singlehandedly ended our season. Though he could've at least told the coaching staff that he aint willing to serve his current role, and instead he just threw everyone under the bus. What a joke.

So..you are just trolling right?

FKAri
04-16-2021, 02:30 PM
OP's been on a roll with stupid posts. ISH stopped being a place to discuss basketball a long time ago but it isn't even fun anymore.

Stanley Kobrick
04-16-2021, 02:32 PM
A humble defender of truth and objectivity on this great forum. My identity isn't important; only my purpose. :cheers:
humble is good. truth is good:cheers:

KirbyPls
04-16-2021, 02:33 PM

Kiddlovesnets
04-16-2021, 02:55 PM
So..you are just trolling right?

I won’t deny I may troll from time to time, but not today. I do believe in every single word I wrote in that post.

8Ball
04-16-2021, 03:17 PM
You quit on your team easily and quickly like Kyrie having random meltdowns.

Have more faith in Harden and Durant.

8Ball
04-16-2021, 03:18 PM

Same. We bring objectivity.

KirbyPls
04-16-2021, 05:19 PM

Many are called, few are chosen.

KirbyPls
04-16-2021, 05:19 PM

ShawkFactory
04-16-2021, 05:29 PM
I won’t deny I may troll from time to time, but not today. I do believe in every single word I wrote in that post.

Ok then you're just a really stupid person.

SouBeachTalents
04-16-2021, 11:42 PM
He finally admits to it :applause:

Axe
04-16-2021, 11:49 PM
Hey. Don't make the girly op cry now. She seems depressed as ever nowadays. :no: