PDA

View Full Version : Do the lakers have the best supporting cast in the league?

Bronbron23
04-17-2021, 07:25 PM
If each team took off their 2 best players who would be the favorite. In the nets case they lose harden and kd.

RRR3
04-17-2021, 07:40 PM
OP was desperate to make this.

deathawaitu
04-17-2021, 07:46 PM
Lebron always has a stacked team his whole career
That’s why it amaze the majority of us why this kid has a losing record in the finals

Lebron just chokes and needs to be carried by a real man like AD

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-17-2021, 07:47 PM
Nets. They still have another allstar/superstar caliber player.

Jasper
04-17-2021, 07:52 PM
giannis and middlton off / bucks beat everyone.

/

ShawkFactory
04-17-2021, 07:52 PM
So we’re thinking Shroeder and Drummond are taking them home? Meh.

Kyrie is by FAR the best player on any floor in this scenario.

tpols
04-17-2021, 07:56 PM

Why are you mad to admit they are stacked? They just wiped the Jazz.

AussieSteve
04-17-2021, 08:22 PM
Not even close.

Off the top of my head... Nets. Jazz. Bucks. Philly.

Aside from Drummond, their current starting lineup and rotation is made entirely of career bench players

Bronbron23
04-17-2021, 08:28 PM

Yeah like your moms was when she slept with that crackhead and had your dumbass

Bronbron23
04-17-2021, 08:29 PM
Nets. They still have another allstar/superstar caliber player.

So now all of a sudden kyrie is a great player to lead a team?

AussieSteve
04-17-2021, 08:30 PM

I think we can all agree he's better than Schroeder... who last season was a bench player

Axe
04-17-2021, 08:31 PM
:milton

Taurus
04-17-2021, 08:33 PM

Well yea considering your hypothetical probably wipes out the rest of the top 50 or so players in the league...........

Bronbron23
04-17-2021, 08:34 PM
I think we can all agree he's better than Schroeder... who last season was a bench player

I don't know is he? He's definitely a better individual player but can he lead a team any better. There's no evidence that kyrie can lead a team as their best player.

AussieSteve
04-17-2021, 08:37 PM
I don't know is he? He's definitely a better individual player but can he lead a team any better. There's no evidence that kyrie can lead a team as their best player.

What evidence do you have that Schroeder can?

Xiao Yao You
04-17-2021, 08:38 PM
Mike Trudell: Frank Vogel said it’s “unlikely” that Anthony Davis plays in Monday’s game against Utah, (https://*********.com/social/) but they’ll “see where he’s at” presumably after he gets some more work in tomorrow at the practice facility.
– via Twitter LakersReporter (https://twitter.com/LakersReporter)

good thing for that supporting cast!

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-17-2021, 08:39 PM

He's better than the dudes leftover. That's for sure. Under your scenario whose leading LA?

Bronbron23
04-17-2021, 10:50 PM

I don't have anymore than kyrie has. That's kind of my point. Kyrie is obviously the more skilled player but he's a head case. He could be on a yeam with god and he'd think he was better. At least Shroder knows his role

Bronbron23
04-17-2021, 10:52 PM
He's better than the dudes leftover. That's for sure. Under your scenario whose leading LA?

You don't always need one dominant leader. 04 pistons showed that. Kyrie os the most skilled player I've ever seen but dude is a terrible leader. He's a weirdo

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-17-2021, 11:22 PM
You don't always need one dominant leader. 04 pistons showed that. Kyrie os the most skilled player I've ever seen but dude is a terrible leader. He's a weirdo

No doubt. But you mentioned Kyrie's leadership before anyone did. Irving could still be their best player without being the ONLY leader.

Hey Yo
04-17-2021, 11:24 PM
That’s why it amaze the majority of us why this kid has a losing record in the finals

dumb

Hey Yo
04-17-2021, 11:25 PM
89 and 90 Pistons showed that.

kawhileonard2
04-18-2021, 12:52 AM

Agreed! Missed playoffs with winniest organization in NBA History until AD came.

SouBeachTalents
04-18-2021, 12:59 AM
You can literally apply this logic to AD, who was in the lottery for 5 of his 7 seasons in New Orleans and won a grand total of one playoff series. Is he now debatable with Schroeder too :lol

light
04-18-2021, 01:21 AM
If each team took off their 2 best players who would be the favorite. In the nets case they lose harden and kd.

The Jazz supporting cast is probably stronger than the Lakers. They played LAL relatively even on the road and they didn't have Gobert, Mitchell, Conley and Favors. The Lakers have a bunch of guys that are inconsistent.

The Nets still have a star without their top 2 and they have some good pieces.

ArbitraryWater
04-18-2021, 04:13 AM
yes they just needed overtime to beat Utah without Mitchell/Gobert/Conley/Favors

iamgine
04-18-2021, 05:19 AM
I think Utah. Conley/Clarkson/Ingles/Royce/Favors/Bojan/Niang would be pretty hard to beat for any team losing their top 2 players.

bison
04-18-2021, 05:28 AM

:roll:

Manny98
04-18-2021, 07:26 AM
No

Jazz
Nets
Suns
Bucks

All better

Manny98
04-18-2021, 07:28 AM
Better than Scroeder at least :oldlol:

Bronbron23
04-18-2021, 10:07 AM
You can literally apply this logic to AD, who was in the lottery for 5 of his 7 seasons in New Orleans and won a grand total of one playoff series. Is he now debatable with Schroeder too :lol

Well ad wasn't amazing either but at least he had a couple of winning seasons. And exchange kyrie for ad in boston and the celtics team does a hell of alot better. Shit kyrie made that celtics team worse. Kyrie is obviously talented as hell but he's a cancer. Bron managed with him because brons one of the best leaders ever and he knew how to deal with kyrie. The lakers without ad and bron would destroy the nets without harden and kd. It wouldn't even be a competitive series dude.

Bronbron23
04-18-2021, 10:09 AM
Better than Scroeder at least :oldlol:

Not sure why you think this. They probably have similar records when they both were the point gaurds of bad teams and when kyrie went to the celtics he made them worse.

SATAN
04-18-2021, 10:12 AM
Not sure why you think this. They probably have similar records when they both were the point gaurds of bad teams and when kyrie went to the celtics he made them worse.

:facepalm

You know what you're doing. Stop.

Bronbron23
04-18-2021, 10:16 AM

:facepalm

You know what you're doing. Stop.

Bruh nobody barely wanted kyrie just 6 months ago and he absolutely made the celtics worse or at the very least he didn't make them better. I actually like kyrie. He's probably the most skilled player ever but he dosn't know how to lead a team. The guy literally has a mental sickness and the game is 70-80% mental.

Manny98
04-18-2021, 10:35 AM
Nobody is saying that Kyrie is a first option on a championship team caliber player

But he's still far better at leading a team than Dennis Schroeder is

And his first season in Boston they looked like they could win the title with Kyrie healthy

noonereal
04-18-2021, 10:37 AM
Bruh nobody barely wanted kyrie just 6 months ago and he absolutely made the celtics worse or at the very least he didn't make them better. I actually like kyrie. He's probably the most skilled player ever but he dosn't know how to lead a team. The guy literally has a mental sickness and the game is 70-80% mental.

lazy, self consumed and no desire to lead, only a want of recognition

his talent is indisputable

noonereal
04-18-2021, 10:40 AM

You have been suckered! That a conversation is taking place comparing Schroeder to Kyrie is absurd.

You lose for being sucked in. LOl

Bronbron23
04-18-2021, 11:28 AM
Nobody is saying that Kyrie is a first option on a championship team caliber player

But he's still far better at leading a team than Dennis Schroeder is

And his first season in Boston they looked like they could win the title with Kyrie healthy

No they weren't. Only people saying or hoping that were kyrie and or celtic fans. There was a little bit of championship talk when he first joined because cetics were already a playoff team and some people assumed they'd be that much better with kyrie. That died pretty quick though as Kyrie's cancerish ways started to take it's toll. But hey don't take my word for it https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2842210-celtics-rumors-kyrie-irving-had-issues-with-boston-brad-stevens-danny-ainge.amp.html

Bronbron23
04-18-2021, 11:41 AM
You have been suckered! That a conversation is taking place comparing Schroeder to Kyrie is absurd.

You lose for being sucked in. LOl

Thing is it's not about comparing them as players. Kyrie is clearly the better player. It's about kyrie being a good leader and he just isn't. His personality gets in the way and destroys team chemistry. You literally have a guy with mental health issues as your leader. His decision making can be terrible also. Now if were talking second or third best player kyrie crushes shroder all day. As far as leading a team though there's really not much difference between the 2.

Manny98
04-18-2021, 12:01 PM
Thing is it's not about comparing them as players. Kyrie is clearly the better player. It's about kyrie being a good leader and he just isn't. His personality gets in the way and destroys team chemistry. You literally have a guy with mental health issues as your leader. His decision making can be terrible also. Now if were talking second or third best player kyrie crushes shroder all day. As far as leading a team though there's really not much difference between the 2.

Yet Nets are flourishing this season with Kyrie and Celtics are barely a playoff team

If you swap Kyrie and Dennis then Lakers would be the best team ever and Nets would be worse

No one is saying that Kyrie is a great leader but his offensive impact blows Schroeder out of the water

outofstomach
04-18-2021, 12:07 PM

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

mehyaM24
04-18-2021, 12:37 PM
nope. there are maybe 4 or 5 different teams more talented. brooklyn being one of them.

Yet Nets are flourishing this season with Kyrie and Celtics are barely a playoff team

If you swap Kyrie and Dennis then Lakers would be the best team ever and Nets would be worse

No one is saying that Kyrie is a great leader but his offensive impact blows Schroeder out of the water

ya brooklyn has the best supporting cast. kyrie doesn't have to lead either. not sure why op conflates the two.

Bronbron23
04-18-2021, 12:57 PM

Well nets are flourishing because of harden and kyrie. If it was just kyrie they wouldn't be flourishing.

I agree though if you swap kyrie and Shroder lakers would be better but i already said kyrie as a second or third option is better so that's irrelevant.

As far offensive impact your just not getting it. It depends. As i said as a second or third option he definitely has more of an offensive impact. As the leader on the team i'm not sure he does. His attitude, decision making and general weirdness all have a negative impact.

Bronbron23
04-18-2021, 01:01 PM
nope. there are maybe 4 or 5 different teams more talented. brooklyn being one of them.

ya brooklyn has the best supporting cast. kyrie doesn't have to lead either. not sure why op conflates the two.

Nets do not have the best supporting cast. Take off harden and kd on the nets and bron and ad off the lakers and lakers beat the nets in a 7 game series. Pretty easily at that. Lakers woukd have as good of an offense and a significantly better defense.

bullettooth
04-18-2021, 02:10 PM

Amazing, I think we've got ourselves a modern day Ernest Hemingway.

Hey Yo
04-18-2021, 02:20 PM

His injury issues was the reason for teams to hesitate to bring him in.

Tobio-Star
04-18-2021, 02:23 PM
Well ad wasn't amazing either but at least he had a couple of winning seasons. And exchange kyrie for ad in boston and the celtics team does a hell of alot better. Shit kyrie made that celtics team worse. Kyrie is obviously talented as hell but he's a cancer. Bron managed with him because brons one of the best leaders ever and he knew how to deal with kyrie. The lakers without ad and bron would destroy the nets without harden and kd. It wouldn't even be a competitive series dude.

Im dead, the Nets with Kyrie + their elite role-players would not be close with the Schröder led Lakers :roll:

Yall LeHaters are something else LMFAO. It's like as soon as LBJ gets a decent team with players that arent either washed or G-League players it automatically makes his team stacked hahahaha

I would like to know, in what kind of outer space do you guys live in?

Tobio-Star
04-18-2021, 02:24 PM
Im pretty sure some of yall think this Lakers team is the best team ever when we don't even know for sure if they are better than the Clippers

mehyaM24
04-18-2021, 02:38 PM
Take off harden and kd on the nets and bron and ad off the lakers and lakers beat the nets in a 7 game series.

they still got a better cast than the lakers. nobody serious is taking schroder/kcp/kuzma/harrell/drummond over kyrie irving/blake griffin/deandre jordan/joe harris/jeff green

Manny98
04-18-2021, 03:45 PM
Kyrie > Schroeder (not even close)
Brown > KCP
Harris > Kuzma
Blake > Morris
Claxton > Drummond

Bench's are about equal I don't know how you can say the Lakers without Bron and AD are better than the Nets minus Harden and KD

Drummond before joining the Lakers was considered a negative assets for the Cavs who was an empty statpadder who had zero impact and was virtually untradeble

Now all of the sudden he's looked at like he's an all star

RRR3
04-18-2021, 04:10 PM
Brown > KCP
Harris > Kuzma
Blake > Morris
Claxton > Drummond

Bench's are about equal I don't know how you can say the Lakers without Bron and AD are better than the Nets minus Harden and KD

Drummond before joining the Lakers was considered a negative assets for the Cavs who was an empty statpadder who had zero impact and was virtually untradeble

Agree with all of this except I’d take KCP over Brown. Brown can’t shoot that hurts spacing on a normal team without 3 offensive engines.

Bronbron23
04-18-2021, 04:16 PM
Brown > KCP
Harris > Kuzma
Blake > Morris
Claxton > Drummond

Brown isn't better than kcp and blake isn't better than morris. Blake is washed. You'll say claxton is better than Drummond because of his defense but ignore the defensive advantage the other lakers players have over the nets. It's a close call tbh and we're not gonna agree.

Xiao Yao You
04-18-2021, 08:59 PM
Sarah Todd: Jazz Injury Report: Rudy Gobert probable (right knee contusion), Mike Conley probable (right knee soreness), Ersan Ilyasova questionable (left hamstring tightness), Derrick Favors questionable (right knee soreness), Donovan Mitchell out( right ankle sprain), Udoka Azubuike out (https://*********.com/social/)
– via Twitter NBASarah (https://twitter.com/NBASarah)

we'll see how good their supporting cast really is :cheers:

kawhileonard2
04-18-2021, 09:08 PM
Brown > KCP
Harris > Kuzma
Blake > Morris
Claxton > Drummond

Durant > Lebron http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?489748-When-KD-and-Lebron-go-head-to-head

Axe
04-18-2021, 10:06 PM
lazy, self consumed and no desire to lead, only a want of recognition

his talent is indisputable
@Stanley this dup actually belongs to Shocunt? Interesting.

Richesly
04-19-2021, 07:06 AM
Easily the hawks who have a much better supporting cast.

Xiao Yao You
04-19-2021, 07:13 AM
Dave McMenamin: The Lakers have officially ruled out Anthony Davis on Monday vs. UTA, which means his return will likely come on the road with the Lakers having an upcoming four-game trip starting Thursday in Dallas (https://*********.com/social/).
– via Twitter mcten (https://twitter.com/mcten)

runnin scared

Manny98
04-19-2021, 09:13 AM
runnin scared
Yep AD is scared to death of facing Rudy considering what he did to him last time

https://youtu.be/t-62O9lZDAk