Stanley Kobrick
04-17-2021, 11:02 PM
big shot Jayson with an iconic game and clutch moment to close out:cheers:

RRR3
04-17-2021, 11:07 PM
Dingo mode :cheers:

Axe
04-17-2021, 11:11 PM
Potatum dingo'd curry. Chef's cooking club just took another L, couldn't keep the streak going beyond four. :pimp:

Stanley Kobrick
04-17-2021, 11:11 PM
Potatum dingo'd curry. Chef's cooking club just took another L, couldn't keep the streak going beyond four. :pimp:
stephen curry freezing his team out of rhythm, but hey 40 points in another loss. that's good for a Speedway partcipation of the game award :ohwell:

Axe
04-17-2021, 11:18 PM
stephen curry freezing his team out of rhythm, but hey 40 points in another loss. that's good for a Speedway partcipation of the game award :ohwell:
From a 16-point lead in the first-half, that got cut into six by the end of the second. To a tie game at the end of third. Only to lose steam during the fourth and lose by five after the game. But yea, at least he had another 40-point game so it's really his teammates fault after all. :(

MrFonzworth
04-17-2021, 11:24 PM
Bust, empty stats, 2nd round fodder for his next 10 years.

Stanley Kobrick
04-17-2021, 11:28 PM
From a 16-point lead in the first-half, that got cut into six by the end of the second. To a tie game at the end of third. Only to lose steam during the fourth and lose by five after the game. But yea, at least he had another 40-point game so it's really his teammates fault after all. :(
:cheers:

tpols
04-17-2021, 11:45 PM
Curry put up an even better line. Eleven 3's, 47 points on 27 shots. His teammates out there blowing layups lmao. This has been the biggest carry job ever but there is only so much you can do when you're surrounded by a crew of knuckleheads. They try hard but don't have the talent... Tatum and Kemba both go off. Chef and _____ go off? He has no firepower next to him.

The Celtics in the second half double teamed him from 35 feet out on every screen, and allowed dray to catch it and do the hockey assist thang to the open guy and it worked a lot until he started blowing layups.

ShawkFactory
04-17-2021, 11:48 PM
This has been the biggest carry job ever

Ever? They’re under .500.

Chill.

RRR3
04-17-2021, 11:59 PM

Chill.
It’s only automatically the worst thing ever **** context when Bron misses the playoffs. He’s completely ok with it if players he likes do it (Kobe, Curry).

tpols
04-18-2021, 12:03 AM
Warriors just need the 10 seed to make the play in. They can make the playoffs.

GrayGoat
04-18-2021, 12:03 AM
Jayson Tatum’s stats are more impressive

Axe
04-18-2021, 12:06 AM
In other words, the losers bracket. Since they still get to play with a losing record while being outside of the first eight seeds.

scuzzy
04-18-2021, 12:09 AM

Chill.
carried right into the lottery :oldlol:

ShawkFactory
04-18-2021, 12:36 AM

But if you’re an individual who enjoys context, this team is currently not in a playoff spot as it stood before literally this year.

Curry is balling his ass off but FOH with the greatest carry ever shit.

Stanley Kobrick
04-18-2021, 01:03 AM
carried right into the lottery :oldlol:
:cheers:

ZionDunks
04-18-2021, 01:31 AM
The last 10 or so games will go down as the stretch that Tatum put the league on notice once and for all.

He is a dog. He’s the closest thing the NBA has had since Kobe. Right now no one has played like more of an MVP. He will finish in the vote

dbugz
04-18-2021, 01:39 AM
Bust, empty stats, 2nd round fodder for his next 10 years.

coming from a fan whose team hasn't been in the ECF for two decades already :roll: :roll:

come back to us again if Joel atleast win a single playoffs series against the Celtics :roll:

https://media0.giphy.com/media/WsLNZ9miC8kVgidMHe/200.gif

hold this L
04-18-2021, 08:56 AM
He was amazing last night. Was surprised he was able to pull up all night and expected him to slow down in the second half. :applause:

tontoz
04-18-2021, 10:19 AM
Airtupac spinning like a top on his bunk and the mental institution.

tpols
04-18-2021, 10:28 AM
Chef has 20 10+ 3pt makes for a game in his career. The next closest has 5. He's the all time leading FT % shooter in NBA history. And then you watch the games and he's using ridiculous dribble moves and all types of reverse layups... Not just the best shooter ever, but one of the most creative finishers and dribblers ever. When you're drawing 35 foot traps in the half court for half the game and still drop a cinco piece on them. :oldlol: curry roasted marcus smart.

pandiani17
04-18-2021, 10:42 AM
It’s only automatically the worst thing ever **** context when Bron misses the playoffs. He’s completely ok with it if players he likes do it (Kobe, Curry).

This. Curry is having a season that Dominique Wilkins, Allen Iverson, Tracy McGrady or Carmelo Anthony had several times in their career. Scoring more than 40 points multiple times while leading (well, in this case we don't if they will make it) to lower seed of the post-season. Yet Curry stans acting as he is having the best season ever.:oldlol:

Real Men Wear Green
04-18-2021, 10:51 AM
Chef has 20 10+ 3pt makes for a game in his career. The next closest has 5. He's the all time leading FT % shooter in NBA history. And then you watch the games and he's using ridiculous dribble moves and all types of reverse layups... Not just the best shooter ever, but one of the most creative finishers and dribblers ever. When you're drawing 35 foot traps in the half court for half the game and still drop a cinco piece on them. :oldlol: curry roasted marcus smart.

Curry wrecks everyone. Smart played well enough for the Celtics to win and vs. Curry that's all you can ask for.

tontoz
04-18-2021, 10:52 AM
This. Curry is having a season that Dominique Wilkins, Allen Iverson, Tracy McGrady or Carmelo Anthony had several times in their career. Scoring more than 40 points multiple times while leading (well, in this case we don't if they will make it) to lower seed of the post-season. Yet Curry stans acting as he is having the best season ever.:oldlol:

How many of those guys did it with a TS of over 60%?

Zero

Curry's 66% TS blows away anything those guys ever did.

hold this L
04-18-2021, 11:03 AM

As great as the Chef is, lets keep this topic about the young buck's amazing game last night. Even Rachel Nichols asks Tatum about Curry for the first 2 questions interviewing him instead of talking about his amazing night.

tpols
04-18-2021, 11:08 AM
Curry wrecks everyone. Smart played well enough for the Celtics to win and vs. Curry that's all you can ask for.

Smarts teammates played well enough for them to win last night. He also shot awful on offense. Tatum and Kemba and that random white guy who was hitting 35 footers carried the squad.

Real Men Wear Green
04-18-2021, 02:06 PM
Smarts teammates played well enough for them to win last night. He also shot awful on offense. Tatum and Kemba and that random white guy who was hitting 35 footers carried the squad.
Smart hit an important three near the end of the game and was the main defender on Curry at the end when he couldn't keep up the level of dominance he had for most of the night. Of course Tatum was more important but Smart was still a.key player. The guy that defends the opponent's best player will get lit up vs a historically great scorer but that doesn't mean his contributions didn't matter.

tpols
04-18-2021, 02:52 PM
Smart hit an important three near the end of the game and was the main defender on Curry at the end when he couldn't keep up the level of dominance he had for most of the night. Of course Tatum was more important but Smart was still a.key player. The guy that defends the opponent's best player will get lit up vs a historically great scorer but that doesn't mean his contributions didn't matter.

That's terribly dishonest. Marcus guarded him the whole game and was getting tidal waved. The Celtics finally decided to trap every PnR in the 4th quarter at 35 feet. They lived with Dray being wide open in the middle and guys like bazemore being wide open on the wings. Smart shot 5/15 from the floor and gave up 47 points to his assignment. Is what it is.

warriorfan
04-18-2021, 03:36 PM
That's terribly dishonest. Marcus guarded him the whole game and was getting tidal waved. The Celtics finally decided to trap every PnR in the 4th quarter at 35 feet. They lived with Dray being wide open in the middle and guys like bazemore being wide open on the wings. Smart shot 5/15 from the floor and gave up 47 points to his assignment. Is what it is.

Lol this. But he made one wide open 3 with no one within 20 feet around him though. :lol

Where is bronbron23 iq with “Curry doesn’t really see many double teams”? :lol

Real Men Wear Green
04-18-2021, 07:00 PM
If you are going to accuse me of being dishonest you should be pointing out a lie. I did not and you could so you're just being stupid.

Real Men Wear Green
04-18-2021, 07:01 PM
Lol this. But he made one wide open 3 with no one within 20 feet around him though. :lol

Where is bronbron23 iq with “Curry doesn’t really see many double teams”? :lol
And that shot gave the Celtics the lead near the end of the game. It was the biggest shot of the game. And?

warriorfan
04-18-2021, 07:36 PM
And that shot gave the Celtics the lead near the end of the game. It was the biggest shot of the game. And?

More like the easiest shot of the game :lol

Axe
04-18-2021, 08:19 PM
Ugh, tontoz just keeps getting himself exposed as a curry stan with each passing day. :(

tontoz
04-18-2021, 08:29 PM
Ugh, tontoz just keeps getting himself exposed as a curry stan with each passing day. :(

Right. Curry drops 47 with a TS of 77% on an elite defender and trolls dog him for it because the team lost.

If defending him makes me a stan then I guess I am a stan. But nothing you say can change the fact that you can't understand grade school math.

:roll:

Axe
04-18-2021, 08:34 PM
Right. Curry drops 47 with a TS of 77% on an elite defender and trolls dog him for it because the team lost.

If defending him makes me a stan then I guess I am a stan. But nothing you say can change the fact that you can't understand grade school math.

:roll:
I know. There is nothing wrong about being happy with his individual performance but you often seem triggered quite easily and become butthurt when others make fun of him. And his team's record speaks for itself; they are still below the 8th seed atm.

tontoz
04-18-2021, 08:39 PM
I know. There is nothing wrong about being happy with his individual performance but you often seem triggered quite easily and become butthurt when others make fun of him.

He is having an amazing season. There is no debating that.

Watching the game now. JVG and Mark Jackson have decades in the league and are in awe of what Steph is doing.

So when I come on here and see idiots dogging Steph because he lost the game I am going to go after them. If you can't handle it then F off.

Axe
04-18-2021, 08:42 PM
He is having an amazing season. There is no debating that.

Watching the game now. JVG and Mark Jackson have decades in the league and are in awe of what Steph is doing.

So when I come on here and see idiots dogging Steph because he lost the game I am going to go after them. If you can't handle it then F off.
I guess i would understand that if you were a dubs fan but that's far from reality because well, you see, you have a wizards logo in your avy. Just saying.

tontoz
04-18-2021, 08:52 PM
I guess i would understand that if you were a dubs fan but that's far from reality because well, you see, you have a wizards logo in your avy. Just saying.

Let's be real the wizards have sucked most of the year. There have been stretches of games that I didn't even watch. Things are looking up lately though..

I also like watching great players. I have a lot of posts giving props to Zion, Doncic, and Jokic (who I believe should win MVP) but they don't have the irrational haters that Steph does. They don't have rings or MVPs so they don't trigger people like Steph does.

Last year people were dogging Jokic more often and I am sure there were people who thought I was a Jokic stan. Not true but I do make a point of recording his national TV games. Ditto Doncic, Zion and Steph. When they turn out to be good games I make sure to watch them.

It's called being an NBA fan.

warriorfan
04-18-2021, 09:16 PM
Let's be real the wizards have sucked most of the year. There have been stretches of games that I didn't even watch. Things are looking up lately though..

I also like watching great players. I have a lot of posts giving props to Zion, Doncic, and Jokic (who I believe should win MVP) but they don't have the irrational haters that Steph does. They don't have rings or MVPs so they don't trigger people like Steph does.

Last year people were dogging Jokic more often and I am sure there were people who thought I was a Jokic stan. Not true but I do make a point of recording his national TV games. Ditto Doncic, Zion and Steph. When they turn out to be good games I make sure to watch them.

It's called being an NBA fan.

Axe is a no life troll who doesn’t know shit about basketball. Put him on ignore and call it a day like 90% of the rest of the forum. :cheers:

mehyaM24
04-18-2021, 09:27 PM
Axe is a no life troll who doesn’t know shit about basketball. Put him on ignore and call it a day like 90% of the rest of the forum. :cheers:

that guy just attacks posters for no reason. i posted in the game thread and said curry had a good game - he replies hours later saying "that didn't age well" :wtf: reminds me of the weirdo crying about my thread topics.

warriorfan
04-18-2021, 09:35 PM
that guy just attacks posters for no reason. i posted in the game thread and said curry had a good game - he replies hours later saying "that didn't age well" :wtf: reminds me of the weirdo crying about my thread topics.

I ain’t lying bro. He likes to waste his time, don’t let him waste yours. I don’t usually put people on ignore but he has 100% shit posts while posting 35 times a day. Throw him on ignore and save yourself some trouble. You won’t be missing anything :lol

Axe
04-18-2021, 09:39 PM
Another lonely weekend meltdowns from the welfarefan. Still can't get over 35 ppd because of his cringeworthy insecurity.:cry:

Also bitter as well because he doesn't have his hall monitoring privileges anymore. Poor individual.

This crackhead racist seems to hate on asians too.

Real Men Wear Green
04-18-2021, 10:17 PM
More like the easiest shot of the game :lol

You do understand that it was an NBA three pointer right?

Well maybe you don't.

GrayGoat
04-18-2021, 10:47 PM
If Curry played defense maybe his team could have won

ZionDunks
04-19-2021, 03:34 AM
Thread is about Tatum. Not that little globalist punk Curry

Stanley Kobrick
04-19-2021, 04:07 AM
Thread is about Tatum. Not that little globalist punk Curry
quite the display of anger in a positive player appreciation thread. :( who knew jayson tatum had so many haters that were stephen curry stans. :ohwell:

Kblaze8855
04-19-2021, 01:57 PM
How many of those guys did it with a TS of over 60%?

Zero

Curry's 66% TS blows away anything those guys ever did.

And it means precisely nothing in wins. Bad team plus a star you get about the same results be it Melo, Nique, Steph, or whoever. Jordan, Oakley, a couple decent guys and scum vs Nique, Willis, a couple decent players and scum gets you the same 45-50 wins just like Curry and a bad team gets you a 8-10 seed and Tmac, Pierce, Payton or whoever does too with decently healthy squads for all.

On a bad team the best stars are probably worth 4-5 more wins than the disrespected ones who get hated on.

This team probably wins 35-43 games if they had Hakeem....or Magic.....or Ray Allen.

This is Steph under the circumstances a number of guys played their whole primes under.

Doesn’t matter what true shooting was give Steph Gordon Giricek, Gerald Sasser, rookie Gooden, fat old Kemp, Pat Garrity, 38 year old Armstrong and Steven Hunter his team is garbage just like Tmac.

Now....would he make the Rockets better than declined Tmac?

Probably.

But like I said....great players impact good teams more than bad.

Those shooting numbers don’t win games without the teammates. The teammates are almost always the difference but individual numbers get the focus.

Guys on great teams are probably all getting too much credit individually and the bad ones too much blame.

He looks on the same basic level as his mvp years to me. No Klay and a much declined Dray along with no vets is the clear difference. But that’s the world we have.

Hes been almost as good as anyone ever for like 8 years running and the results are almost entirely teammate based.

All the “gravity” and Curry ball nonsense means nothing with the kinda team a lot of guys who never won were forced to contend with. And we will never know what a lot of guys do with a shooter the caliber of Klay, DPOY Dray, and Iggy.

Guys were out here with Olden Polynice , Kenny Thomas, and so on as second options for years at a time.

Steph had a good run of talent to show what he could do. A lot don’t have it all sync up like that. A shitty year or two is a small price to pay.

Nique would have had a whole different career just having Klay...forget the rest.

tontoz
04-19-2021, 02:20 PM
And it means precisely nothing in wins. Bad team plus a star you get about the same results be it Melo, Nique, Steph, or whoever. Jordan, Oakley, a couple decent guys and scum vs Nique, Willis, a couple decent players and scum gets you the same 45-50 wins just like Curry and a bad team gets you a 8-10 seed and Tmac, Pierce, Payton or whoever does too with decently healthy squads for all.

On a bad team the best stars are probably worth 4-5 more wins than the disrespected ones who get hated on.

This team probably wins 35-43 games if they had Hakeem....or Magic.....or Ray Allen.

This is Steph under the circumstances a number of guys played their whole primes under.

Doesn’t matter what true shooting was give Steph Gordon Giricek, Gerald Sasser, rookie Gooden, fat old Kemp, Pat Garrity, 38 year old Armstrong and Steven Hunter his team is garbage just like Tmac.

Now....would he make the Rockets better than declined Tmac?

Probably.

But like I said....great players impact good teams more than bad.

Those shooting numbers don’t win games without the teammates. The teammates are almost always the difference but individual numbers get the focus.

Guys on great teams are probably all getting too much credit individually and the bad ones too much blame.

He looks on the same basic level as his mvp years to me. No Klay and a much declined Dray along with no vets is the clear difference. But that’s the world we have.

Hes been almost as good as anyone ever for like 8 years running and the results are almost entirely teammate based.

All the “gravity” and Curry ball nonsense means nothing with the kinda team a lot of guys who never won were forced to contend with. And we will never know what a lot of guys do with a shooter the caliber of Klay, DPOY Dray, and Iggy.

Guys were out here with Olden Polynice , Kenny Thomas, and so on as second options for years at a time.

Steph had a good run of talent to show what he could do. A lot don’t have it all sync up like that. A shitty year or two is a small price to pay.

Nique would have had a whole different career just having Klay...forget the rest.

It absolutely does mean something. GS is 27-22 with him playing. That is a winning percentage of 55% in the loaded west.

They are a dismal 1-7 without him. There is no way TMac at any age would have a winning record with this bunch. Missed shots don't help a team win games. Made shots do. It isn't that complex.

I know how much you love to make excuses for players from previous eras that missed a lot of shots but basketball is pretty straight forward. When you shoot the ball the goal is to make not miss. Steph makes shots at a far better rate than Tmac, Melo etc. Those guys aren't in the same zip code as Steph.

Kblaze8855
04-19-2021, 02:33 PM
A bad team is better with its superstar....not really newsworthy. AI had a team on a 50 win pace with him and 26 without....when he had the lowest shooting percentage on the team(and lowest TS among starters). There are 40 reasons makes and misses doesn’t determine who is better at basketball but seeing that requires nothing but a glance and half a seconds thought. I lost all hope you were willing to do that when you downplayed Isiah Thomas impact by disregarding the intangibles. No need going back into it now.

People either watch and evaluate basketball or do division and there is little middle ground on the issue. I don’t excuse anyone’s shooting percentages. I don’t too much care about them to begin with outside extremes. You excuse things you see as a problem. I care what a Jason Kidd type shoots as much as I care what his shoe color is.

My point about Steph was actually about how well he’s playing. MVP Steph wasn’t better....just better positioned. Players ranked over him wouldn’t make this team win. But the same applies to him and a lot of players ranked behind him who lost on worse teams.

Its not fair to judge any of them that way but the public will never stop.

tontoz
04-19-2021, 02:44 PM
A bad team is better with its superstar....not really newsworthy. AI had a team on a 50 win pace with him and 26 without....when he had the lowest shooting percentage on the team. There are 40 reasons makes and misses doesn’t determine who is better at basketball but seeing that requires nothing but a glance and half a seconds thought. I lost all hope you were willing to do that when you downplayed Isiah Thomas impact by disregarding the intangibles. No need going back into it now.

People either watch basketball or do division and there is little middle ground on the issue. I don’t excuse anyone’s shooting percentages. I don’t too much care about them to begin with outside extremes. You excuse things you see as a problem. I care what a Jason Kidd type shoots as much as I care what his shoe color is.

My point about Steph was actually about how well he’s playing. MVP Steph wasn’t better....just better positioned. Players ranked over him wouldn’t make this team win. But the same applies to him and a lot of players ranked behind him who lost on worse teams.

Its not fair to judge any of them that way but the public will never stop.

Plenty of guys have good intangibles but the scoreboard only cares about made shots. Some things are black and white. If one guy shoots 90% from the foul line and another guy shoots 75% there is only 1 way to interpret that.

Nobody has ever shot the ball like Steph, or even been close. Now there have been guys who were so good taking it to the rim that they had a similar effect on the defense and scoreboard. MJ/Lebron/Shaq would fall in that category. Tmac and Melo don't.

You talk about Isiah's intangibles as if they can't be separated from the fact that he wasn't a good shooter outside 3 feet. Both can be true. That Pistons team won with defense first and that wasn't because of Isiah. I would argue that opposing players were far more concerned with the physicality of Laimbeer/Mahorn/Rodman than Isiah's intangibles.

tpols
04-19-2021, 03:05 PM
It absolutely does mean something. GS is 27-22 with him playing. That is a winning percentage of 55% in the loaded west.

They are a dismal 1-7 without him. There is no way TMac at any age would have a winning record with this bunch. Missed shots don't help a team win games. Made shots do. It isn't that complex.

I know how much you love to make excuses for players from previous eras that missed a lot of shots but basketball is pretty straight forward. When you shoot the ball the goal is to make not miss. Steph makes shots at a far better rate than Tmac, Melo etc. Those guys aren't in the same zip code as Steph.

Kblaze is the worst. We have Steph over here commanding doubles at half court dropping 50 on 25 shots, and he thinks the outcome would be the same if if he scored 40 on 40 shots with way less gravity provided. Games are often decided by 5-10 points but none of these rates or contexts matter. Joke. But he's older so you can't say nothing. Even for things you're seeing with your own two eyes.

tontoz
04-19-2021, 03:08 PM
Kblaze is the worst. We have Steph over here commanding doubles at half court dropping 50 on 25 shots, and he thinks the outcome would be the same if if he scored 40 on 40 shots with way less gravity provided. Games are often decided by 5-10 points but none of these rates or contexts matter. Joke. But he's older so you can't say nothing. Even for tjings you're seeing with your own two eyes.

Im old too lol. Those guys he talks about i saw in their primes. I saw Bird play against Magic......in college. Live

When i was in high school one of my friends was a big fan of UNC basketball. College ball was much bigger then. Guys stayed in school. He starts talking about this freshman. He's like man Dean Smith never plays freshman this much this guy is going to be scary blah blah blah. I'm like dude get a grip nobody is that good. It was MJ :oldlol:

Kblaze8855
04-19-2021, 03:24 PM
MJ, Lebron, and Shaq would have had shit teams in Orlando too.

The issue isn’t if Tmac is Jordan....he isn’t....the issue is victory being far more an issue of who you play with instead of how good you are.

You need every single aspect. Including coaching and health.

And in the end fans apply almost full credit to one player or at times two.

Even in true “carry jobs” you need everyone. Hakeem carried the **** out of the 94 Rockets but still loses minus any of like 3 role players.

The way I look at the game has changed so much. I feel stupid even holding some of the opinions I used to. But I look around and so many still do. Trying to make the game simplistic instead of what one one expect....looking deeper as you have a better understanding.

The great majority of basketball is what happens without the ball in the stars hand.....but that’s all that gets coverage. Grown ass fans arguing with me with arguments I’d have used in 1986. The more I watch the less I get into the rankings at all. There is less and less difference between great players and it all feels like a waste.

Fighting for 4 hours over which guy is best when guys ranked a mile from both were roughly as good on the same floor.

Im just bored in a car somewhere between Little Rock and Dallas. I’ll leave you all alone again once it’s my turn to drive. I find myself rolling my eyes at 95% of this bullshit. Player comparisons are the absolute worst. Just garbage thrown back and forth about circumstantial accomplishments and numbers designed to replace knowing the game.

I don’t guess it was any less reasonable 10-15 years ago but the more I think on it it’s just bullshit for like....number 8-9 to 75 or whatever. All these guys are juuuuust about the same level with the eye of the beholder being key. You never see guys compared to begin with that are truly that far apart. People say “Not even close” about guys who play in the same league and might be ranked one or the other ahead at any given time.

The difference between a top 10 guy and top 70 is probably 5% and luck if it could
be worked out that way.

I think I’ve just seen too many “goats” look no better than run of the mill top 100 hall of famers on the same court to keep my childhood beliefs.

My internal sigh has gotten too loud to ignore when I read “Not even close” and similar claims. Best I just leave you all to it.

Kblaze8855
04-19-2021, 03:26 PM
Kblaze is the worst. We have Steph over here commanding doubles at half court dropping 50 on 25 shots, and he thinks the outcome would be the same if if he scored 40 on 40 shots with way less gravity provided. Games are often decided by 5-10 points but none of these rates or contexts matter. Joke. But he's older so you can't say nothing. Even for things you're seeing with your own two eyes.

I think....think....Tontoz is older than me. Or similar. I never said he was a kid.

You....your opinion means nothing to me about anything before the mid 2000s. I’ve told you I don’t need anyone to agree with me I’m just not taking anyone serious I know for a fact googled his opinion.

I don’t argue with my uncle and his friends who remember the 60s....about the 60s. I read about Elgin Baylor and saw some clips. How do I look arguing how good he was when people who saw him in person talk?

I look like you talking to me about 1991. So I stay in my place. A lesson I learned from my uncles buddy who played in the nba in the 70s. There comes a point you just shut your mouth. At least I do.

RRR3
04-19-2021, 03:27 PM
Ask Tontoz to apply the same context he does with Curry for Embiid and he scampers away in terror :oldlol:

tontoz
04-19-2021, 03:31 PM
Tmacs best ever shooting year is literally 10% worse than what Steph is doing now. Sorry but that isn't close.

Kblaze8855
04-19-2021, 03:34 PM
Reading the last post I’m thinking it’s about the same. I do remember Jordan in college but I didn’t watch it that closely. I was in the south mostly in summers then and college ball wasn’t being played.

My first real thoughts about Jordan based on full games were probably about him taking shots from quintin Dailey who at the time was my favorite player.

tontoz
04-19-2021, 03:35 PM
Ask Tontoz to apply the same context he does with Curry for Embiid and he scampers away in terror :oldlol:

Embiid has missed more games than he has played for his career. I don't hate the guy but he was drafted in 2014 and still hasn't had 1 healthy season. I remember once he was out with a knee injury and was caught dancing on stage at a concert. Somehow I doubt Steph would do that.

For the record Philly is 8-9 in the games embiid has missed. That is pretty far from 1-7. GS lost by 53 to the struggling Raps without Steph.

ZionDunks
04-19-2021, 03:41 PM
Curry is well into the back 9.

Tatum on the climb

Kblaze8855
04-19-2021, 03:42 PM
Tmacs best ever shooting year is literally 10% worse than what Steph is doing now. Sorry but that isn't close.

If “it” were basketball not shooting percentage you would have a better case.

Dropped into 03(ignoring for now that he couldn’t be 2021 Curry in 03) he’d be with Tmac, Kobe, KG, Duncan, Shaq, Kidd and so on getting talk as the best.

He wouldn’t be “not even close” with any of them no matter what he shot.

If Tmac could be ranked with or above the likes of Kobe, Kg, and Duncan by qualified people he’d be ranked over Steph at times too.

Same for a lot of these situations. Nobody puts Gervin on Magic’s level but 2 rings in he was still behind Gervin on the all nba team. Historical perspective and on the floor side by side perspective are quite different.

Same league....Tmac and Curry are considered the same level just like Tmac and Kobe were.

tontoz
04-19-2021, 03:45 PM
Getting back to the actual topic of the thread I am a bit confused why Tatum and the Celtics seem to have so many critics on here.

Tatum isn't an MVP candidate so stans of other players shouldn't be threatened by him. Similarly the Celtics are good and have been for several years but aren't viewed as title contenders but people love to crap on them.

I don't get it.

tontoz
04-19-2021, 03:54 PM
If “it” were basketball not shooting percentage you would have a better case.

Dropped into 03(ignoring for now that he couldn’t be 2021 Curry in 03) he’d be with Tmac, Kobe, KG, Duncan, Shaq, Kidd and so on getting talk as the best.

He wouldn’t be “not even close” with any of them no matter what he shot.

If Tmac could be ranked with or above the likes of Kobe, Kg, and Duncan by qualified people he’d be ranked over Steph at times too.

Same for a lot of these situations. Nobody puts Gervin on Magic’s level but 2 rings in he was still behind Gervin on the all nba team. Historical perspective and on the floor side by side perspective are quite different.

Same league....Tmac and Curry are considered the same level just like Tmac and Kobe were.

2003 isn't that long ago. There were 18 guys taking at least 5 treys a game. Tmac himself took 8. Curry is attempting 12 now and some of that difference is just a faster pace.

Not to mention that the rule getting rid of the hand check was only 3 years later. I see no reason to believe Steph wouldn't be dominant at that time.

Steve Nash won 2 MVPs at about that time.

Kblaze8855
04-19-2021, 03:57 PM
You don’t get it because it’s stupid. Tatum and the other young hall of fame talents are judged harshly mostly because of the misconceptions about the success the legends before them had. A Good half of the HOF never had the playoff success Tatum has had already but you keep hearing about when he’s gonna do this or that.

Sports fans have a disease they got from the media and one of the symptoms is judging everyone by the standards set by the greatest ever.

Not enough to be amazing....if you’re not the most amazing....you’re trash.

All of the guys who get steady hate are probably historically underrated from Harden and Giannis mvp types down to Zion and Trae types on the rise.

We forgot what most legends were in their position and act like everyone should be Magic winning rings out the gate....ignoring that Magic had 3 hall of famers and an all star starting as a rookie.

It’s win or be garbage. And the true haters watch you win and say you’re still garbage. It’s why most fans aren’t worth interacting with.

Kblaze8855
04-19-2021, 04:02 PM
2003 isn't that long ago. There were 18 guys taking at least 5 treys a game. Tmac himself took 8. Curry is attempting 12 now and some of that difference is just a faster pace.

Not to mention that the rule getting rid of the hand check was only 3 years later. I see no reason to believe Steph wouldn't be dominant at that time.

“Dominant” like the other guys I mentioned sure. Just not generally ranked above them. Among them. Might be 3....6....it would depend on who you asked.

tpols
04-19-2021, 04:06 PM
I think....think....Tontoz is older than me. Or similar. I never said he was a kid.

You....your opinion means nothing to me about anything before the mid 2000s. I’ve told you I don’t need anyone to agree with me I’m just not taking anyone serious I know for a fact googled his opinion.

I don’t argue with my uncle and his friends who remember the 60s....about the 60s. I read about Elgin Baylor and saw some clips. How do I look arguing how good he was when people who saw him in person talk?

I look like you talking to me about 1991. So I stay in my place. A lesson I learned from my uncles buddy who played in the nba in the 70s. There comes a point you just shut your mouth. At least I do.

I was alive and attended more games than I ever have since in the early 2000s. Watched absurd amounts of Nets Sixers Celtics Pacers Knicks basketball back then on YES. You weren't even alive in the 1960s unless you were you were 1-2 years old.

So your analogies don't line up. The "I'm older than you therefore your opinion doesn't matter" argument doesn't work which is why Tontoz is shitting on your argument right now. As a guy your age....

RRR3
04-19-2021, 04:10 PM
Embiid has missed more games than he has played for his career. I don't hate the guy but he was drafted in 2014 and still hasn't had 1 healthy season. I remember once he was out with a knee injury and was caught dancing on stage at a concert. Somehow I doubt Steph would do that.

For the record Philly is 8-9 in the games embiid has missed. That is pretty far from 1-7. GS lost by 53 to the struggling Raps without Steph.
Like I said, refuses to be fair to players he doesn’t like. I’ll take you seriously when you stop saying Gobert is better than Embiid :oldlol:

RRR3
04-19-2021, 04:11 PM

The league average TS% was 51.9% in 2003. T-Mac was ABSURDLY efficient in 03 considering his volume. You don’t get this because you keep judging efficiency from all eras as the same which is completely asinine.

mehyaM24
04-19-2021, 04:13 PM
Like I said, refuses to be fair to players he doesn’t like. I’ll take you seriously when you stop saying Gobert is better than Embiid :oldlol:

nothing he said was unfair though. embiid has been injury prone. and philly's record is better with him out than the warriors without curry.

Kblaze8855
04-19-2021, 04:17 PM
We are talking about 2003 and 2021. I’m not sure he wasn’t actually here with me in 2003. You refer to argument about the 90s....mostly Reggie Miller ones. Not that I care what you saw when you were 7 either.

I just don’t see the point of arguing about games some of which I attended when you googled what happened. I don’t talk to 23 year olds about how good John Elway was compared to Matt Stafford or whoever either.

Just not worth the argument. Here is kinda weird though. Even talking to you I’m also taking to 400 other people some of which may have an opinion I value. No set rule. Some shit is just a lost cause.

I know Tontoz is gonna mention shooting percentage in every discussion. He did it before ts% was even widespread. He’s gonna boil basketball down to division and that’s how it is. I find it weird but I’ve never called him stupid or a child. You occasionally....just seem like a clown. But I also know you troll so it is what it is. Once I saw you both support Trump while championing a massive tax increase on the rich I knew you were part troll.

RRR3
04-19-2021, 04:18 PM
nothing he said was unfair though. embiid has been injury prone. and philly's record is better with him out than the warriors without curry.
Voting for Gobert over Embiid is unfair.

Kblaze8855
04-19-2021, 04:20 PM
Anyway I’m gonna have to drive the rest of the way to Dallas so I’ll just say....Tatum is nice. Steph is nicer. The margin doesn’t matter that much to me.

If anyone reading this has restaurant suggestions for south or downtown Dallas I’ll check them out. I’ll be here a while before moving on.

tpols
04-19-2021, 04:21 PM
The league average TS% was 51.9% in 2003. T-Mac was ABSURDLY efficient in 03 considering his volume. You don’t get this because you keep judging efficiency from all eras as the same which is completely asinine.

Tmac was never absurdly efficient. He never attained supreme playoff efficiency, and was widely overrated due to his aesthetic appeal.

mehyaM24
04-19-2021, 04:22 PM
curry is shooting 6% above the league average TS. that is absurd efficiency.

Voting for Gobert over Embiid is unfair.

never saw dude claim that, but if it was posted? ya i disagree.

tontoz
04-19-2021, 04:30 PM
I agree that Harden and Giannis are underrated. People don't like that Giannis can't shoot and that Harden baits the refs. They are young enough to change the narrative.

I think that is already starting with Harden. He is the key guy with the Nets because he is the only one of their big 3 with legit playmaking ability.

I think Giannis is just being used wrong. Trying to plow his way to the basket from outside the 3 point line isn't going to work in the playoffs. He needs to get touches closer to the rim, learn to shoot from 5-10 feet and pretty please with sugar on top stop shooting 3s. Dude, you aren't a shooter. Get over it.

mehyaM24
04-19-2021, 04:33 PM
curry is shooting 6% above the league average TS. that is absurd efficiency.

never saw dude claim that, but if it was posted? ya i disagree.

*make that 9%. the league average is 57% currently, and curry is at 66%. WILD..

tontoz
04-19-2021, 04:35 PM

Let's put it this way, in games where they are both actually playing I would take Embiid over gobert. However when taking into account Embiids absences I would rather have gobert.

Not to mention I have seen times in the past when Embiid looked like he was making a half assed effort. Doesn't seem to be an issue this year though.

I have seen the "big man with bad wheels" movie before.

Axe
04-19-2021, 07:57 PM
Nothing is much worse than you thinking curry is a better player than bran.

RRR3
04-19-2021, 07:59 PM
*make that 9%. the league average is 57% currently, and curry is at 66%. WILD..
The league average TS% being 57% is disgusting. That used to be an elite percentage lmao. Silver is a joke. Allow ****ing defense.

warriorfan
04-19-2021, 08:49 PM
The league average TS% being 57% is disgusting. That used to be an elite percentage lmao. Silver is a joke. Allow ****ing defense.

Players have also started to get smarter with their shot selection. No long twos at all, more threes. Some have taken it to the extreme where they go for only 3’s and layups, the two most efficient shots in the game.