PDA

View Full Version : KD' top 5 teammates: "Kyrie, James, Steph, Klay, Serge" *Gillie Da Kid Interview

k0kakw0rld
04-19-2021, 10:57 AM
https://www.hotnewhiphop.com/damian-lillard-perplexed-by-kds-top-5-teammates-list-news.130474.html

He really disliked Westbrook as a teammate damn :oldlol:

GOBB
04-19-2021, 11:03 AM
Then when you took time out of your “busy” life and watched the episode. He eagles led Russ top 5 (4th) and put Klay at 5. You fell for it.

mehyaM24
04-19-2021, 11:04 AM
said he "forgot about westbrook" and then included him there. had to be goaded and reminded though lol

Tobio-Star
04-19-2021, 11:07 AM
Not sure why anybody would like to be KD's teammate anyway. Imagine putting Kyrie as your fave teammate above those you played 2 years with. Let's see how his list changes when Kyrie decides to sit out the entire finals

tpols
04-19-2021, 01:23 PM
said he "forgot about westbrook" and then included him there. had to be goaded and reminded though lol

Not surprising... he ruined the thunders ceiling with his antics and ballhoggery. Imagine if the Thunder kept Harden instead going back to 2014... they easily couldve won a ring. Hardens game erupted when he was given full reigns.

mehyaM24
04-19-2021, 01:48 PM
Not surprising... he ruined the thunders ceiling with his antics and ballhoggery. Imagine if the Thunder kept Harden instead going back to 2014... they easily couldve won a ring. Hardens game erupted when he was given full reigns.

durant is no picnic either. this guy whined about "touches" while winning championships in golden state. :oldlol: fast forward to now with recent drama and petty beefs. back in okc durant was probably just as annoying and cancerous. no surprise he and kyrie get along though.

SouBeachTalents
04-19-2021, 01:51 PM
Durant was just as culpable in their losses post Harden as Westbrook was. I know everyone clowns Westbrook now but putting up 27/7/8 then 26/7/11 on 52-54%TS over two playoff runs is pretty damn good from your 2nd option. And it's not like Harden was lighting the world on fire in the playoffs during those seasons

fsvr54
04-19-2021, 02:01 PM
Ibaka is the most likable dude in the league. Why wouldn't he top anyone's list?

GOBB
04-19-2021, 05:54 PM
Ibaka is the most likable dude in the league. Why wouldn't he top anyone's list?

Because question was best players you played with. Not who you liked. Otherwise Draymond would be on his list because in the same podcast. He said Draymond was a guy he liked playing with because he stayed on top of him when he noticed Durant coasting or not caring.

L8krH8tr
04-19-2021, 05:56 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/y8r6pFxJ/kd.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

Im so nba'd out
04-19-2021, 06:01 PM
Not sure why anybody would like to be KD's teammate anyway. Imagine putting Kyrie as your fave teammate above those you played 2 years with. Let's see how his list changes when Kyrie decides to sit out the entire finals

:facepalmSeek help :oldlol:

The Ri doesnt skip Finals....He skips every other game he doesnt feel like playing but not the Finals...Who do you think the Ri is? Jason Tatum and Jalen Brown? Those are the only ppl i can think of that constantly skip the Finals

JohnMax
04-19-2021, 06:03 PM
Why should KD say something nice about a guy who he's beefing with?

clipps
04-19-2021, 06:14 PM
https://www.hotnewhiphop.com/damian-lillard-perplexed-by-kds-top-5-teammates-list-news.130474.html

You're a retard.

Stephonit
04-19-2021, 06:22 PM
If KD is beefing with Westbrook, it's because he has a legitimate beef.

Westbrook could have been gracious when KD left and made it possible for KD to come back to the Thunder. Instead Westbrook acted a like a petulant child and turned OKC fans against KD. Westbrook proved himself a loser when he did that. I think KD always wanted to keep the option of returning to the Thunder open. Westbrook slammed that door shut with his reaction to KD leaving and KD has been cool to him since.

FultzNationRISE
04-19-2021, 06:29 PM
Durant was just as culpable in their losses post Harden as Westbrook was. I know everyone clowns Westbrook now but putting up 27/7/8 then 26/7/11 on 52-54%TS over two playoff runs is pretty damn good from your 2nd option. And it's not like Harden was lighting the world on fire in the playoffs during those seasons

Stats never told the story. Westbrook was a complete BONEHEAD in the final minutes of every close game. You could set your watch by it. Doesnt show up in the stats but anyone watching could see it clear as day and always knew it was coming.

When you reach a point in the game where each possession matters, he’s the last guy you want bringing the ball up the court. It’s just a blunder waiting to happen.

GOBB
04-19-2021, 08:16 PM
Anyone who has a problem with Westbrook is a beta

Real Men Wear Green
04-19-2021, 08:33 PM
If you want to take his word at face value then fine but it is odd to think of Serge Ibaka and forget the guy you went to the ASG with every year. Durant is a prime example of the kind of player that you don't want Westbrook to play his normal style beside. Durant is too good for Westbrook's less-efficient valume scorer pg style to be a good idea. And Durant is a smart enough player to realize that. Durant may want to make nice when it comes to public comments but you don't see him forget about Steph Curry.

PeroAntic
04-19-2021, 09:12 PM
I hate Westbrook but Durant doesnt get in the finals 2012 without him. Hes really a weird, sensitive, petty dude.

GOBB
04-19-2021, 09:57 PM
Durant knows that. He acknowledged and admitted he was tripping to leave off Westbrook. Why don’t people watch the clip? It’s at the 4:50 mark if u don’t want to sit through entire interview lol

This is a textbook case of being taken out of context. And how a clip can change a lot of people’s minds in an instant. Like there are people who still won’t watch where he went into answering the questioning. Just the clip and perception. Which can be wrong.

Much like the perception is Durant and Draymond don’t like each other. Far from the truth. Ijs. Just because you would pick Westbrook 1-2 on HIS list doesn’t mean he has too. He also said the league thinks lil baby the best rapper out. Pretty sure you guys would eat that up too. “Over jay z? Why does he hate him”

k0kakw0rld
04-20-2021, 11:58 AM
Then when you took time out of your “busy” life and watched the episode. He eagles led Russ top 5 (4th) and put Klay at 5. You fell for it.

It's the fact that he forgot someone he played with for 8 years. This is his first year playing with Kyrie. This is a direct shot at Westbrook. If the interviewer didn't remind him of that, which is what he was hoping for. Unfortunately for KD they called him out right away.

k0kakw0rld
04-20-2021, 12:01 PM
He basically is saying

OKC's big three was Him, Harden and Ibaka lmaooooo

Westbrook has a better resume than Kyrie and about the same resume if not a better resume than Harden.

ImKobe
04-20-2021, 12:05 PM
I mean, he picked Ibaka over both Green & Westbrook. Then again, he is a troll who probably posts on ISH on an alt so I don't think it was that serious either, he ended up putting Russ 4th which is more than fair tbh.

k0kakw0rld
04-20-2021, 12:17 PM
I mean, he picked Ibaka over both Green & Westbrook. Then again, he is a troll who probably posts on ISH on an alt so I don't think it was that serious either, he ended up putting Russ 4th which is more than fair tbh.

Bro, Russell Westbrook is a MVP award winner. He should be second behind Steph. He played the most seasons with KD and that is why even Lillard responded as well.

ImKobe
04-20-2021, 12:26 PM
Bro, Russell Westbrook is a MVP award winner. He should be second behind Steph. He played the most seasons with KD and that is why even Lillard responded as well.

Harden and Steph are both clearly better and Durant was obviously going to big up his current teammates first because he'd be stupid not to. Kyrie vs. Russ is a debate, I'd say Kyrie is more talented but is also more injury-prone, which has cost him a bunch of accolades and a potential Finals run as the best player on his team in 2018. I'd value his 2016 Playoff run over Westbrook's MVP personally though, but Russ has had a better career thus far.

Manny98
04-20-2021, 12:27 PM
But I thought Kyrie was a cancer?

Why was he the first name that came up when discussing KDs favourite teammates

k0kakw0rld
04-20-2021, 12:31 PM
But I thought Kyrie was a cancer?

Why was he the first name that came up when discussing KDs favourite teammates

Nobody has to tell us anything about Kyrie for us to understand how much of a cancer he can be to a team. His actions alone are a testimony of that.

Manny98
04-20-2021, 12:45 PM
Nobody has to tell us anything about Kyrie for us to understand how much of a cancer he can be to a team. His actions alone are a testimony of that.
Nets are flourishing with Kyrie as the leader :applause:

Celtics look like they're clearly missing Kyrie's leadership and wisdom this season

pandiani17
04-20-2021, 12:48 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/y8r6pFxJ/kd.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

This image never gets old.

ArbitraryWater
04-20-2021, 02:25 PM
Stats never told the story. Westbrook was a complete BONEHEAD in the final minutes of every close game. You could set your watch by it. Doesnt show up in the stats but anyone watching could see it clear as day and always knew it was coming.

When you reach a point in the game where each possession matters, he’s the last guy you want bringing the ball up the court. It’s just a blunder waiting to happen.

Durant did the same shit though.

TO after TO and took just as many stupid iso shots to lose many games.

FultzNationRISE
04-20-2021, 03:27 PM
Durant did the same shit though.

TO after TO and took just as many stupid iso shots to lose many games.

I do agree Durant tended to turn beta in the clutch during the OKC days, and then miss a lot of the shots he took when he did try to step up. Altho I dont remember his possessions being as consistently disastrous as Westbrooks. Every single big game that came down to the stretch, I remember the game threads where everyone was talking about it and waiting for it... and then exploding with posts when it happened every damn time. Westbrook would ALWAYS do something stupid in big moments. It really was like clockwork. Durant had his ****ups but Westbrook was easily more consistent with them IMO.

HBK_Kliq_2
04-20-2021, 03:38 PM
https://youtu.be/i8RwFHXQXUg

No draymond on the list?

"We won without you. You're a bitch"

tpols
04-20-2021, 03:42 PM
I do agree Durant tended to turn beta in the clutch during the OKC days, and then miss a lot of the shots he took when he did try to step up. Altho I dont remember his possessions being as consistently disastrous as Westbrooks. Every single big game that came down to the stretch, I remember the game threads where everyone was talking about it and waiting for it... and then exploding with posts when it happened every damn time. Westbrook would ALWAYS do something stupid in big moments. It really was like clockwork. Durant had his ****ups but Westbrook was easily more consistent with them IMO.

It was hilarious how everybody was like here we go again every single time... :lol it was so ridiculously predictable to the point it almost felt like some sort of sarcastic parody.

GOBB
04-20-2021, 10:08 PM

Who are you to say who should be ranked where on a list? Listen to how you sound. All you dudes are butt hurt over his list not matching yours. Get over yourselves

imdaman99
04-20-2021, 10:16 PM

Literally the series before, Westbrook took over in crunch time against the 67 win Spurs. But wait Westbrook has never been clutch omg!

Game 6 was rough for him definitely, he was bad in crunch time. But it would have been another blowout if KD wasn't bad from the start. Since the damn 1st quarter. But wait, we don't document stuff like that.

Smoke117
04-20-2021, 10:37 PM
Literally the series before, Westbrook took over in crunch time against the 67 win Spurs. But wait Westbrook has never been clutch omg!

Game 6 was rough for him definitely, he was bad in crunch time. But it would have been another blowout if KD wasn't bad from the start. Since the damn 1st quarter. But wait, we don't document stuff like that.

Westbrick and his 5 topg are garbage.

Taurus
04-20-2021, 10:55 PM
Putting Kyrie over Steph shows how much he wants to please his current teammates

Smoke117
04-20-2021, 11:22 PM
Durant says Kyrie because they are good friends, but he’s clearly been an awful teammate this season.

light
04-21-2021, 01:47 AM

The dude is toxic

Mr. Woke
04-21-2021, 01:13 PM
Why are people mad lol?

He has no obligation to like Russ.

Real Men Wear Green
04-21-2021, 01:37 PM
Nets are flourishing with Kyrie as the leader :applause:

Celtics look like they're clearly missing Kyrie's leadership and wisdom this season
the only place he ever lead them is the second round. Since he came to Boston they have made the Conference Finals without him. Twice. His scoring ability and ballhandling are massive assets. "Leadership and wisdom"...I don't recall any Celtics leaving the team without saying anything to the coach.

hold this L
04-21-2021, 01:44 PM
Why are people mad lol?

He has no obligation to like Russ.
He was asked best teammates, not teammates you like the most. Not listing 1 of the 3 MVPs he's played with in his career is ridiculous.

Mr. Woke
04-21-2021, 01:48 PM
He was asked best teammates, not teammates you like the most. Not listing 1 of the 3 MVPs he's played with in his career is ridiculous.

So?

He had no obligation to mention Russ.

It's his personal list.

hold this L
04-21-2021, 02:04 PM
So?

He had no obligation to mention Russ.

It's his personal list.
What do you mean so? Not naming an MVP as one of the best players you played with is objectively false and stupid. That's why he gets clowned for it and so will any stan that tries to defend it.

Mr. Woke
04-21-2021, 02:36 PM
What do you mean so? Not naming an MVP as one of the best players you played with is objectively false and stupid. That's why he gets clowned for it and so will any stan that tries to defend it.

It's his personal list. He has no obligation to name Russ.

It's not a big deal lol.

k0kakw0rld
04-21-2021, 04:22 PM
Yeah because if he was to pick Draymond instead of Steph the world would have stayed quiet?!?

999Guy
04-21-2021, 06:51 PM
It's his personal list. He has no obligation to name Russ.

It's not a big deal lol.

Do you think no one understands this?

Of course he has no obligation. He has no obligation to avoid criticism for his passive aggressive shitty list either.

k0kakw0rld
04-22-2021, 08:14 AM
Harden and Steph are both clearly better and Durant was obviously going to big up his current teammates first because he'd be stupid not to. Kyrie vs. Russ is a debate, I'd say Kyrie is more talented but is also more injury-prone, which has cost him a bunch of accolades and a potential Finals run as the best player on his team in 2018. I'd value his 2016 Playoff run over Westbrook's MVP personally though, but Russ has had a better career thus far.
Harden vs Russ is a debate.

Kyrie vs Russ isnt a debate I am sorry.

I get it Kyrie is an amazing offensive force. He is flashy but he never led anybody to anything without having a superstar player next to him. At least Russ managed to lead a team to the playoffs without Durant and James. We cant really say the same about Kyrie or can we?

ImKobe
04-22-2021, 05:20 PM
Harden vs Russ is a debate.

Kyrie vs Russ isnt a debate I am sorry.

I get it Kyrie is an amazing offensive force. He is flashy but he never led anybody to anything without having a superstar player next to him. At least Russ managed to lead a team to the playoffs without Durant and James. We cant really say the same about Kyrie or can we?

He led the Celtics to the Playoffs multiple times. Injuries robbed him of a potential Finals run in 2018 and last season + Playoffs. Like I said, Westbrook's had the better career due to his longevity, but I do think Irving's better just as a talent.

Real Men Wear Green
04-22-2021, 07:11 PM
He led the Celtics to the Playoffs multiple times. Injuries robbed him of a potential Finals run in 2018 and last season + Playoffs. Like I said, Westbrook's had the better career due to his longevity, but I do think Irving's better just as a talent.
He "led" the Celtics to the playoffs once.

Anyway Irving is better for a team with other great players that needs clutch baskets. Westbrook is better for a team low on talent that needs their point guard to rebound and be responsible for half of their points.

k0kakw0rld
04-23-2021, 10:01 AM

The same reason why y'all are confused into thinking Kobe > LeBron. Irving's game is pure, his ball handling is out of this world, he makes flashy dribbles and takes tough shots. However, he is not better than Westbrook period. He is not the floor general Westbrook is and he is certainly not a better rebounder. Even when it comes to scoring. Irving never averaged 30 ppg in a regular season, Westbrook has done it (31.6 ppg + triple double).