PDA

View Full Version : Jokic 47-15-8.. tell me he doesn’t deserve MVP

TyLawson3
04-20-2021, 12:22 AM
This guy has guided the Nuggets to 3 straight wins after Murray went down with his ACL, and is just destroying centers offensively this year. His game is so smooth it’s unreal watching him. Tonight he posted yet another crazy stat line.

Top 10 in points
Top 10 in rebounds
Top 5 in assists
Top 15 in steals
Shooting 42% from 3
... And all this from the Center position.

Does Jokic have MVP locked up?

FultzNationRISE
04-20-2021, 12:32 AM
He doesnt deserve MVP.

:confusedshrug:

That belongs to Lebron.

light
04-20-2021, 12:43 AM
This guy has guided the Nuggets to 3 straight wins after Murray went down with his ACL, and is just destroying centers offensively this year. His game is so smooth it’s unreal watching him. Tonight he posted yet another crazy stat line.

Top 10 in points
Top 10 in rebounds
Top 5 in assists
Top 15 in steals
Shooting 42% from 3

Not sure. 4th seed MVP? He's been playing this whole season and they're only 4th?

Hmmm. I don't feel great about that.

RRR3
04-20-2021, 12:51 AM
He’s got it locked up. The leaked straw poll showed it.

imdaman99
04-20-2021, 12:59 AM
Will wait on Windhorst's thoughts on the matter

Axe
04-20-2021, 01:00 AM
:cheers:

Akeem34TheDream
04-20-2021, 01:29 AM

With the weight loss Jokic had, Windhorst is probably heavier than him right now.

clipps
04-20-2021, 03:11 AM
I think it's Mitchell, Embiid, Harden or Jokic.

Sulico
04-20-2021, 04:47 AM
Yeah, it's locked.

His numbers are better than anybodys in the league and way way better than anybodys who didn't miss games.

Manny98
04-20-2021, 05:24 AM
I think it's Mitchell, Embiid, Harden or Jokic.
:facepalm

tontoz
04-20-2021, 07:42 AM
He doesnt deserve MVP.

:confusedshrug:

That belongs to Lebron.

:facepalm

The MVP isnt a lifetime achievement award.

tontoz
04-20-2021, 07:43 AM
Yeah Jokic is the clear frontrunner.

k0kakw0rld
04-20-2021, 09:33 AM
Best Player In The NBA period.

StrongLurk
04-20-2021, 10:02 AM
I had Embiid has favorite but honestly, Jokic deserves it more since he's played WAY more games than Jokic.

This will be a weird MVP year due to the shortened season/injuries.

NugzFan
04-20-2021, 11:32 AM
Not sure. 4th seed MVP? He's been playing this whole season and they're only 4th?

Hmmm. I don't feel great about that.

Good thing you don’t vote

NugzFan
04-20-2021, 11:32 AM

:oldlol: dude got destroyed by bontempts

hiphopanonymous
04-20-2021, 11:36 AM

Top 10 in points
Top 10 in rebounds
Top 5 in assists
Top 15 in steals
Shooting 42% from 3

The only MVP stand out trait is the top 5 in assists

Everything else is above average but not MVP caliber traditionally

But combining the above average stuff with MVP caliber assists is kind of an interesting combo - so perhaps worthy of MVP sure

dankok8
04-20-2021, 11:48 AM
Jokic is my MVP. He's played the most games and has been just so dominant in every respect to offense. And his defense is also improved so it's not like he's bleeding a lot of value on that end.

Guys like Embiid, Lebron, and Giannis missed too many games. Lillard, Curry and Doncic haven't led their teams to good enough records. Harden didn't miss too many games if he comes back this week but having Durant/Irving and the way he left Houston will hurt his MVP case.

Kawhi is kind of a dark horse pick. He missed only 9 games, a bunch though COVID protocols. If the Clips can maybe jump a bit in W-L record say get the #2 seed at least he would have a pretty strong case. I don't think he will win it but he should be in the mix and hardly seems to get mentioned. A bit of a problem for Kawhi is he never puts up eye-popping regular season stats.

Mask the Embiid
04-20-2021, 11:51 AM
Nuggets wont make it out of the 1st round without Murray.Jokic doesnt have the stamina to guard pick & roll, run the offense as the main ball handler, and score.

Whoever plays him in the playoffs, is going to run his fat azz through the ringer....i saw it yesterday with JA. Constant pick & rolls/ pick & pops...over and over again and again. constantly switching between the two just to tire him out by not letting him relax with just not showing.

At one point Ja was literally running circles around Jokic....He was using him as pretty much another pick.it was almost comical

Nuggets dont stand a chance anymore....None of those guards left will step up

2much_knowledge
04-20-2021, 11:55 AM
1)Jokic
2) Embid
3) No one else

tontoz
04-20-2021, 12:29 PM
Nuggets wont make it out of the 1st round without Murray.Jokic doesnt have the stamina to guard pick & roll, run the offense as the main ball handler, and score.

That is an odd subject to bring up considering the way Embiid guarded the pick and roll last night. :oldlol:

Mask the Embiid
04-20-2021, 12:31 PM
That is an odd subject to bring up considering the way Embiid guarded the pick and roll last night. :oldlol:
You are a Wizard's fan....Anytime we are talking about awards or playoffs you should avoid the thread.....now when ping pong balls or who has the longest losing streak at that moment is being discussed go right ahead and voice your opinion :oldlol::banana:

k0kakw0rld
04-20-2021, 12:33 PM
You are a Wizard's fan....Anytime we are talking about awards or playoffs you should avoid the thread.....now when ping pong balls or who has the longest losing streak currently is being discussed go right ahead and voice your opinion :oldlol::banana:
Your favorite player cried on national TV after losing to the Raptors :oldlol:

Luckily for him he wont be facing his kryptonite in Marc Gasol in the playoffs this time around.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
04-20-2021, 12:33 PM

Whoever plays him in the playoffs, is going to run his fat azz through the ringer....i saw it yesterday with JA. Constant pick & rolls/ pick & pops...over and over again and again. constantly switching between the two just to tire him out by not letting him relax with just not showing.

At one point Ja was literally running circles around Jokic....He was using him as pretty much another pick.it was almost comical

Jokic doesnt have a stacked team and perennial all star like Embiid has had his entire career

Tobias is just as good as Murray and hes been Embiids 3rd or 4th best player. Jokic has never played with an all star yet.

tontoz
04-20-2021, 12:46 PM
You are a Wizard's fan....Anytime we are talking about awards or playoffs you should avoid the thread.....now when ping pong balls or who has the longest losing streak at that moment is being discussed go right ahead and voice your opinion :oldlol::banana:

Embiid should read a scouting report occasionally. Is he not aware that giving Curry 10 feet of room to shoot a 3 is a bad idea? :oldlol:

NugzFan
04-20-2021, 01:14 PM

Clear sign you want out of the discussion. Change the topic and talk about the other guys favorite team instead.

HBK_Kliq_2
04-20-2021, 01:28 PM
Jokic is my MVP. He's played the most games and has been just so dominant in every respect to offense. And his defense is also improved so it's not like he's bleeding a lot of value on that end.

Guys like Embiid, Lebron, and Giannis missed too many games. Lillard, Curry and Doncic haven't led their teams to good enough records. Harden didn't miss too many games if he comes back this week but having Durant/Irving and the way he left Houston will hurt his MVP case.

Kawhi is kind of a dark horse pick. He missed only 9 games, a bunch though COVID protocols. If the Clips can maybe jump a bit in W-L record say get the #2 seed at least he would have a pretty strong case. I don't think he will win it but he should be in the mix and hardly seems to get mentioned. A bit of a problem for Kawhi is he never puts up eye-popping regular season stats.

His defense has improved? They are a top 4 defense when he sits on the bench and a bottom 9 defense when he plays. This is another 2017, kawhi clearly deserves it and the media sucks off the triple double bitch instead.

NugzFan
04-20-2021, 02:05 PM
His defense has improved? They are a top 4 defense when he sits on the bench and a bottom 9 defense when he plays. This is another 2017, kawhi clearly deserves it and the media sucks off the triple double bitch instead.

Yeah..the media is all over jokic. :facepalm

Oh wait. They’re not. You’re wrong.

HBK_Kliq_2
04-20-2021, 02:29 PM
Yeah..the media is all over jokic. :facepalm

Oh wait. They’re not. You’re wrong.

Anybody who is heavy favorite to win MVP despite not even being on a top 3 seed is clearly getting their dick sucked by the media.

BigShotBob
04-20-2021, 02:40 PM

Lmaoo....dude dropped like 30lbs let him live

mehyaM24
04-20-2021, 02:43 PM
he deserves mvp. according to the leak will win it.

if the warriors were average without curry (instead of 1-7), they'd have been 5th or 6th in the west. and steph would be a strong candidate.

Micku
04-20-2021, 02:44 PM
Jokic is my mvp.

Embiid missed too many games. LeBron missed too many games. You can make a case for Harden, but rn he is missing games. CP3 has been great, but his numbers isn't as impressive as they used to be. But his impact is great. Stats don't really measure what he's done to the Suns.

Curry been stellar. Imo, he is playing just as good or a bit better than his 2016 self. He is carrying this GSW team. Dame has been good, but similar to Curry, team hasn't won enough. Plus I think Curry is more impressive rn.

And Kawhi is a dark horse, but it could the upset is still one everyone's mind. They would have to get the 1st seed I feel for ppl to talk about it. Giannis is a dark horse too, but could be voter fatigue. And ppl don't care for Gobert or Mitchell.

It was really Embiid or Jokic award by mid season, with Embiid leading the way. Since Embiid went out for a while and philly hold its own, it's Jokic by default imo.

NugzFan
04-20-2021, 02:45 PM
Anybody who is heavy favorite to win MVP despite not even being on a top 3 seed is clearly getting their dick sucked by the media.

Everytime im like “hbk kliq can’t be as dumb as he sounds”

You are like “hold my beer”

hold this L
04-20-2021, 03:30 PM
To be fair the media should have given more MVP love to the alpha and best player on the Clippers.

1. Jokic
2. Embiid
3. PG
4. Steph

RRR3
04-20-2021, 03:39 PM
To be fair the media should have given more MVP love to the alpha and best player on the Clippers.

1. Jokic
2. Embiid
3. PG
4. Steph
HBK meltdown incoming.

tontoz
04-20-2021, 03:46 PM
PG13 actually was third in the MVP race in OKC, before joining Kawhi.

Gohan
04-20-2021, 06:52 PM
Anyone that can win sucks and don’t deserve a mvp. The only person in the nba that truly deserves it is curry and his team is too bad. Worse mvp year of all time

k0kakw0rld
04-20-2021, 07:30 PM
PG13 actually was third in the MVP race in OKC, before joining Kawhi.

Averaging 28 ppg what a player.!!!

Axe
04-20-2021, 07:50 PM
Anyone that can win sucks and don’t deserve a mvp. The only person in the nba that truly deserves it is curry and his team is too bad. Worse mvp year of all time
Nah, i don't think so gohan. He can't be mvp rn even with those scoring numbers if he's akin to 06 iverson whose team didn't finish with a playoff seed that year.

dankok8
04-20-2021, 08:06 PM
Jokic is my mvp.

Embiid missed too many games. LeBron missed too many games. You can make a case for Harden, but rn he is missing games. CP3 has been great, but his numbers isn't as impressive as they used to be. But his impact is great. Stats don't really measure what he's done to the Suns.

Curry been stellar. Imo, he is playing just as good or a bit better than his 2016 self. He is carrying this GSW team. Dame has been good, but similar to Curry, team hasn't won enough. Plus I think Curry is more impressive rn.

And Kawhi is a dark horse, but it could the upset is still one everyone's mind. They would have to get the 1st seed I feel for ppl to talk about it. Giannis is a dark horse too, but could be voter fatigue. And ppl don't care for Gobert or Mitchell.

It was really Embiid or Jokic award by mid season, with Embiid leading the way. Since Embiid went out for a while and philly hold its own, it's Jokic by default imo.

Great post! Agree pretty much 100%.

Gohan
04-20-2021, 08:18 PM
Nah, i don't think so gohan. He can't be mvp rn even with those scoring numbers if he's akin to 06 iverson whose team didn't finish with a playoff seed that year.

You have a point but the only reason iverson team didn’t reach the playoffs was cause iverson got injured toward the end of the season. He was averaging like 34.1 and ended up going down to 33.0 when he came back. Currys team was worse than sixers on offense but 100x better on defense.

tontoz
04-21-2021, 08:25 AM
I see KawMIA took another night off but George carried them to victory again.

noonereal
04-21-2021, 09:37 AM

Absolutely not.

His biggest claim to the award is the time missed by better players.

tontoz
04-21-2021, 09:49 AM
Absolutely not.

His biggest claim to the award is the time missed by better players.

Actually his biggest claim is averaging 26/11/9 with a 65% TS. Without that his durability would be irrelevant.

bizil
04-21-2021, 12:49 PM
I like that we have two centers in Joker and Embid that can SHOOT UP the peak-prime and GOAT center charts IF they stay healthy. They are for DAMN SURE the best centers since Lakers Shaq. They have the new age outside game for centers MIXED with the old school center shit. And everybody says Luka is a guard version of Larry Legend. And I see it in some ways. BUT he's not as efficient as Bird. Even though Joker is a 7'0 center, he's LITERALLY DAMN NEAR a 7'0 center version of Bird.

FultzNationRISE
11-09-2021, 12:30 AM
It’s happening again...

TyLawson3
11-09-2021, 12:38 AM
It’s happening again...

Jokic without MPJ and Murray led the Nuggets tonight to a dominant win against one of the best teams in the league in the Heat.

25 pts, 15 rb, 10 assists, 2 steals, 2 blocks

Defense drastically improved, leading the Nuggets to become the top defensive team in the league so far. Also he's got fire under him lately.. tonight Morris pushes him, he pushes back, both ejected but win in the bag already.

chefcurry
11-09-2021, 01:16 AM
steph just goes off every night. thats why