PDA

View Full Version : Curry is the best player in the game

Walk on Water
04-20-2021, 02:28 PM
There’s no debate, Curry is the best shooter ever.

Stephonit
04-20-2021, 02:53 PM
There’s no debate, Curry is the best shooter ever.

What tired hackneyed words. Someone truly inspired by Curry would be creative and heartfelt. Send this half-baked reheated praise back where it came from and tell them to do better.

3ball
04-20-2021, 02:54 PM
I agree but 3-pointers aren't "basketball" per say.. it's more of a technique

Weak league gonna weak league

mehyaM24
04-20-2021, 02:57 PM

3-pointers have been around since 1980, dumbass. that's 40 years.

yet you wanna eliminate the line because 1 player mastered it.

RRR3
04-20-2021, 03:01 PM
What tired hackneyed words. Someone truly inspired by Curry would be creative and heartfelt. Send this half-baked reheated praise back where it came from and tell them to do better.
The man is great at putting an orange ball through a hoop, calm down.

HBK_Kliq_2
04-20-2021, 03:13 PM
He's a little puppy when he's playing healthy Kawhi in the playoffs. 4-8 record.

HBK_Kliq_2
04-20-2021, 03:20 PM

All the on\off numbers say that Draymond has been Warriors best player since 2016. While Curry just scores. Similar to how Gobert is the best player on Utah this season and Mitchell just scores. Draymond is also the lead playmaker, so he's even more valuable then Gobert.

8Ball
04-20-2021, 04:12 PM
3-pointers have been around since 1980, dumbass. that's 40 years.

yet you wanna eliminate the line because 1 player mastered it.

Because Jordan was straight up Garbage at it. Thats why he doesnt like it. Only reason why.

JohnMax
04-20-2021, 04:18 PM
All the on\off numbers say that Draymond has been Warriors best player since 2016. While Curry just scores. Similar to how Gobert is the best player on Utah this season and Mitchell just scores. Draymond is also the lead playmaker, so he's even more valuable then Gobert.

That propaganda might have worked before 2019 but we've seen what Draymond Green is like without both Steph and Klay.

FireDavidKahn
04-20-2021, 04:21 PM
Curry's most iconic moment.......

Getting his team to a .500 record

:roll::roll::roll::roll:

Gohan
04-20-2021, 04:57 PM

curry is taking tougher shots than mj ever has, and you know i like mj. stop lying to yourself

k0kakw0rld
04-20-2021, 05:01 PM
curry is taking tougher shots than mj ever has, and you know i like mj. stop lying to yourself

Taking and making tougher shots doesn't make you a better player than your peers. Nobody in their right mind would pick Curry over Shaq just because he makes tougher shots looool

Gohan
04-20-2021, 05:04 PM
im just saying because 3ball is saying that it is a weak league. curry might be making tougher shots than even kobe

JohnMax
04-20-2021, 05:21 PM
I agree with OP but I'd go even a step further and say he's greatest basketball player ever and it's not even particularly close! The gap between him and second best player is even larger than the gap between him and second best shooter.

Axe
04-20-2021, 07:37 PM
How many finals mvp? But admittedly, he has multiple orange blimps already.

k0kakw0rld
04-20-2021, 07:41 PM
I agree with OP but I'd go even a step further and say he's greatest basketball player ever and it's not even particularly close! The gap between him and second best player is even larger than the gap between him and second best shooter.
You should be banned period.

Stephonit
04-20-2021, 08:17 PM

Draymond without Curry = last place team in the league.
Draymond plays most of his time with Curry. Not an accident.

Curry led the league in 2018 in raw +/- for the complete season ahead of Draymond, KD, and Klay despite missing 1/3 of the games due to injury.

If you think Draymond is the lead playmaker on the Warriors it shows your woeful ignorance of the dynamics at work. Curry is the lead playmaker even without the ball. Openings wouldn't open up for Draymond to make passes if Curry wasn't causing disruption in the opposing defense's ranks. Curry is the greatest playmaker of all-time.

Axe
04-20-2021, 08:18 PM
Draymond without Curry = last place team in the league.
Draymond plays most of his time with Curry. Not an accident.

Curry led the league in 2018 in raw +/- for the complete season ahead of Draymond, KD, and Klay despite missing 1/3 of the games due to injury.

If you think Draymond is the lead playmaker on the Warriors it shows your woeful ignorance of the dynamics at work. Curry is the lead playmaker even without the ball. Openings wouldn't open up for Draymond to make passes if Curry wasn't causing disruption in the opposing defense's ranks. Curry is the greatest playmaker of all-time.
Curry without klay = below the 8th seed :applause:

LoneyROY7
04-20-2021, 08:18 PM
Best shooter ever. :applause:

k0kakw0rld
04-20-2021, 08:20 PM
Best shooter ever. :applause:

Becomes an average shooter in the finals.

LoneyROY7
04-20-2021, 08:21 PM

That's what limits his overall impact unfortunately. Shooting can only take you so far.

Stephonit
04-20-2021, 08:29 PM

Top 10 all-time scorer in the finals but I guess that's average?

Axe
04-20-2021, 08:35 PM
Top 10 all-time scorer in the finals but I guess that's average?
Got screwed by dellavedova and vanvleet there big time. Also by kyrie as well.

Gohan
04-20-2021, 08:37 PM

7 games compared to 82 against various types of competition. That means he’s still the greatest shooter even if the finals are more important, that could mean he is just tired or injured around the time he gets to the finals

3ball
04-20-2021, 09:11 PM
Imagine an arbitrary line turning a less athletic Mahmoud Abdul Rauf into the best player in the game

:yaohappy:

#purebasketballisdead
#mickeymousebeginnerformat
#weakleaguegonnaweakleague

warriorfan
04-20-2021, 09:26 PM
That's what limits his overall impact unfortunately. Shooting can only take you so far.

https://i.postimg.cc/MHcNNcMs/4-D073-ECB-5013-4-F3-E-B54-C-33926-B180032.jpg

Such limited impact. :lol

Axe
01-18-2022, 11:31 PM
So how did he do in the play ins last year?

Stephonit
01-19-2022, 08:31 AM
So how did he do in the play ins last year?

When loaded with the worst team in the league the previous year it took the last shot for the previous season's champion to beat him and overtime for the team with this year's third best record to get by.

Bronbron23
01-19-2022, 09:11 AM
When loaded with the worst team in the league the previous year it took the last shot for the previous season's champion to beat him and overtime for the team with this year's third best record to get by.

There's no argument for him being the best player atm. There's guys better offensively and much better defensively. Plus he's having one of his worst seasons ever and it's likely more of a sign of his age than a slump. He'll be 34 next year. That's old for a small gaurd. Not many still dominate at that age. This is probably his last year as a top 5 player.

Stephonit
01-19-2022, 09:27 AM
There's no argument for him being the best player atm. There's guys better offensively and much better defensively. Plus he's having one of his worst seasons ever and it's likely more of a sign of his age than a slump. He'll be 34 next year. That's old for a small gaurd. Not many still dominate at that age. This is probably his last year as a top 5 player.

Curry's just leading the league in plus-minus again and leading a team that was at the bottom of the league two seasons ago to a top record. It also looks like he's going to turn Wiggins into an all-star. Another miracle out of his hat. Just Curry things. That he is far and away the best player in a season where his numbers are down just goes to show how completely off the assessments of him have been for the past few years and how absolutely dominant he has really been.

Kblaze8855
01-19-2022, 09:57 AM
Curry's just leading the league in plus-minus again and leading a team that was at the bottom of the league two seasons ago to a top record.

Only one of the top 4 in minutes for that team is even on this team. Like 11 players on it….aren’t on this years. Several who were either missed most or virtually all of that season. Wiggins was barely there. He played 12 games for them that year. Of the 9 people who played for them in this day 2 years ago 7 are either out of the league or on another team today. Same team name doesn’t make it the same team.

La Frescobaldi
01-19-2022, 10:07 AM
Only one of the top 4 in minutes for that team is even on this team. Like 11 players on it….aren’t on this years. Several who were either missed most or virtually all of that season. Wiggins was barely there. He played 12 games for them that year. Of the 9 people who played for them in this day 2 years ago 7 are either out of the league or on another team today. Same team name doesn’t make it the same team.

It is exactly why it was sacrilegious to call ‘91 Lakers a Showtime team

Stephonit
01-19-2022, 10:33 AM

Which from one perspective makes it even more stunning since players playing the most minutes tend to be the better or most promising ones. It's not as if they were traded away for a superstar. But if turning around bottom ranked teams in two years isn't impressive I guess there must be a long list of them. Care to name some?

Kblaze8855
01-19-2022, 10:50 AM
Name some what? Teams that are 80% different and perform differently as a result?

What is the relevant connection beyond team name when the players are totally different?

Does the logo play basketball? This is a serious discussion right now?

Stephonit
01-19-2022, 11:12 AM
Name some what? Teams that are 80% different and perform differently as a result?

What is the relevant connection beyond team name when the players are totally different?

Does the logo play basketball? This is a serious discussion right now?

If you know how to turn a bottom rated team into a top one in two years maybe you should be a GM.

My tip to all the GMs in the league the past few years would have been simple: get Curry no matter what. It's a shame none of them offered their entire roster and future picks to acquire him. The majority of those teams would have done better if they'd done so.

Gohan
01-19-2022, 11:52 AM
If you know how to turn a bottom rated team into a top one in two years maybe you should be a GM.

My tip to all the GMs in the league the past few years would have been simple: get Curry no matter what. It's a shame none of them offered their entire roster and future picks to acquire him. The majority of those teams would have done better if they'd done so.

Dude you act like curry is iverson(da goat) or something

highwhey
01-19-2022, 11:57 AM
:roll: still not true OP.

Axe
01-19-2022, 02:41 PM
No klay?

expansionera
01-19-2022, 03:03 PM
I don’t consider Curry in Lebron or Kobe’s stratosphere until he gets a FMVP.

Stephonit
01-19-2022, 03:24 PM
I don’t consider Curry in Lebron or Kobe’s stratosphere until he gets a FMVP.

I don't consider LeBron or Kobe in Curry's orbit because it seems they need a useless award to think anything of them.

Axe
01-19-2022, 04:17 PM
I don't consider LeBron or Kobe in Curry's orbit because it seems they need a useless award to think anything of them.
Sure, if your criteria is only about blowing a magnificent 3-1 lead in the finals. Nothing more, nothing less. :oldlol: