PDA

View Full Version : Has Draymond Green been the Warriors most valuable player since 2015?

HBK_Kliq_2
04-20-2021, 03:30 PM
Lets not include Durant into this because he was pretty much Draymond's bitch after Draymond cussed him out in the 2019 season.

Draymond's on\off in the 2015 playoff title run: +19.4
Curry's on\off in the 2015 playoff title run: +7.5

Draymond's on\off in the 2016 season: +26.3
Curry's on\off in the 2016 season: +22.6

Draymond's on\off in the 2016 playoffs: +13.9
Curry's on\off in the 2016 playoffs: -3.6

SouBeachTalents
04-20-2021, 03:34 PM
You think Dray's been more valuable than Curry this season?

RRR3
04-20-2021, 03:40 PM
He thinks Kawhi is better than MJ, why would you be surprised?

HBK_Kliq_2
04-20-2021, 03:42 PM

During a 10th seed play in tournament type season, it's not really as important to say so. But yes i think Draymond has been better this season as well. He's a way better defender and their defense is ranked 7th to the 20th ranked offense.

HBK_Kliq_2
04-20-2021, 03:44 PM
He thinks Kawhi is better than MJ, why would you be surprised?

Well tell me, who has eliminated Draymond in a playoff series since 2015 when he's playing all 7 games in the series? I'll give you a hint, you mentioned his name in your post.

ShawkFactory
04-20-2021, 03:45 PM
During a 10th seed play in tournament type season, it's not really as important to say so. But yes i think Draymond has been better this season as well. He's a way better defender and their defense is ranked 7th to the 20th ranked offense.

No you don't. Just stop.

HBK_Kliq_2
04-20-2021, 03:46 PM
https://youtu.be/snyweyCd4kw

Draymond the modern day Bill Russell and anchor of the dynasty. Meet KA WHI NOT

Ainosterhaspie
04-20-2021, 03:47 PM
The Warriors were great because of depth and fit, because they had an elite offensive force in Curry and elite versatile defender in Green who opened up the ability to ay small ball which best leveraged Curry's strengths. That team isn't the same without a defender like Draymond and isn't the same without an offensive phenom like Curry. Green covered Curry's defensive limitations and Curry opened up the offense so Dramond' limited skills could be put to maximal use.

The next two most important players Iggy and Thompson added to this. Thompson bringing added spacing and Iggy added defense, neither at the same level as the primaries, but both boosting the impact of the primaries by complementing them so well.

This season and last show what has always been clear, that Curry is the most import piece. They wouldn't have been the juggernauts that they were without Green, but Curry was the primary driving force.

8Ball
04-20-2021, 03:52 PM
Wtf

HBK_Kliq_2
04-20-2021, 03:52 PM
No you don't. Just stop.

who do you think was locking up that retard Embiid last night?

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-20-2021, 03:55 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/28ZZn3RJ/231.gif

OP and 3ball sharing a forum together

HBK_Kliq_2
04-20-2021, 03:56 PM
The Warriors were great because of depth and fit, because they had an elite offensive force in Curry and elite versatile defender in Green who opened up the ability to ay small ball which best leveraged Curry's strengths. That team isn't the same without a defender like Draymond and isn't the same without an offensive phenom like Curry. Green covered Curry's defensive limitations and Curry opened up the offense so Dramond' limited skills could be put to maximal use.

The next two most important players Iggy and Thompson added to this. Thompson bringing added spacing and Iggy added defense, neither at the same level as the primaries, but both boosting the impact of the primaries by complementing them so well.

This season and last show what has always been clear, that Curry is the most import piece. They wouldn't have been the juggernauts that they were without Green, but Curry was the primary driving force.

What you're underrating is playmaking\passing\floor general. Curry is a point guard and he doesn't even know how to run an offense.

Draymond is the one who runs the offense and sets everybody up and Draymond is the defensive anchor, those are also the same exact things that Bill Russell used to do for Celtics. Overall making him the most valuable player. Not to mention his energy\vocal\leadership dominance.

tpols
04-20-2021, 03:56 PM
Only Curry could have a winning record with his next best player only averaging 5 ppg. That really is an astonishing figure, to be a full time starter and supposed all star talent, and you make Dennis Rodman look like Kobe. 5 ppg in this hyper inflated scoring era haha.... Kawhi would be in the lottery with this team. We have to show our gratitude for Chef and his incredible floor raising ability. (along with GOAT ceiling if he's afforded one simple all star teammate ~ klay)

HBK_Kliq_2
04-20-2021, 03:57 PM
Wtf

You talk shit to 3ball about all the things that Scottie Pippen used to do for Bulls but Draymond just goes over your head? You really are an idiot or a troll.

HBK_Kliq_2
04-20-2021, 03:59 PM
Only Curry could have a winning record with his next best player only averaging 5 ppg. That really is an astonishing figure, to be a full time starter and supposed all star talent, and you make Dennis Rodman look like Kobe. 5 ppg in this hyper inflated scoring era haha.... Kawhi would be in the lottery with this team. We have to show our gratitude for Chef and his incredible floor raising ability. (along with GOAT ceiling if he's afforded one simple all star teammate ~ klay)

Damn he's not even an allstar player but his on\off crushes Curry in their best seasons. What does that say about Curry?

Manny98
04-20-2021, 03:59 PM
No but his overall value is underrated to the point that I would argue he was the second most valuable player of the 2014-2019 Warriors ahead of both KD & Klay

HBK_Kliq_2
04-20-2021, 04:04 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/28ZZn3RJ/231.gif

OP and 3ball sharing a forum together

Let me know when Curry ever has any team success without Papa Draymond. He would be a poor man's Damian Lillard if it wasn't for alpha Dray.

tpols
04-20-2021, 04:04 PM
Damn he's not even an allstar player but his on\off crushes Curry in their best seasons. What does that say about Curry?

It says Currys GOAT off ball ability not only provides dray the spacing to dribble, but allows him to have the best assist target ever... Like being a QB for Randy Moss. Gifting him dimes off ridiculous 3pt makes that were 95% of Chefs making.

Curry averaged 9 apg with Mark Jackson but sliced that down by 50% under Kerr to unlock the GOAT offense, built on its ball movement and sniper shooting. Dray was a second round talent in the draft but was elevated heavily alongside the shooting GOAT. This is called the "Curry Effect".

Ainosterhaspie
04-20-2021, 04:12 PM
What you're underrating is playmaking\passing\floor general. Curry is a point guard and he doesn't even know how to run an offense.

Draymond is the one who runs the offense and sets everybody up and Draymond is the defensive anchor, those are also the same exact things that Bill Russell used to do for Celtics. Overall making him the most valuable player. Not to mention his energy\vocal\leadership dominance.

Curry and to a lesser extent Clay occupy defenders opening up the floor for Draymond to operate as the offensive hub. Curry Dramond pick and roll forces both defenders to sell out to stop Curry, then when Curry passes to Dramond he's got a 4v3 to exploit. That is created by Curry. He does an excellent job attacking the compromised defense, but make no mistake, Curry is the reason it's compromised, not Dramond.

I think Draymond's importance to the dynasty is underappreciated. He was crucial to their success. Doesn't mean Curry wasn't even more important though.

HBK_Kliq_2
04-20-2021, 04:31 PM
It says Currys GOAT off ball ability not only provides dray the spacing to dribble, but allows him to have the best assist target ever... Like being a QB for Randy Moss. Gifting him dimes off ridiculous 3pt makes that were 95% of Chefs making.

Curry averaged 9 apg with Mark Jackson but sliced that down by 50% under Kerr to unlock the GOAT offense, built on its ball movement and sniper shooting. Dray was a second round talent in the draft but was elevated heavily alongside the shooting GOAT. This is called the "Curry Effect".

Curry is on the bench you idiot. Do you even know how on/off works? Look at the numbers I posted in OP

HBK_Kliq_2
04-20-2021, 04:32 PM
Curry and to a lesser extent Clay occupy defenders opening up the floor for Draymond to operate as the offensive hub. Curry Dramond pick and roll forces both defenders to sell out to stop Curry, then when Curry passes to Dramond he's got a 4v3 to exploit. That is created by Curry. He does an excellent job attacking the compromised defense, but make no mistake, Curry is the reason it's compromised, not Dramond.

I think Draymond's importance to the dynasty is underappreciated. He was crucial to their success. Doesn't mean Curry wasn't even more important though.

How is curry forcing defense to do anything when he's on the bench? Look at the on/off numbers in OP

HBK_Kliq_2
04-20-2021, 04:33 PM
Draymond also has had a way better career then that human toilet bowl Charles Barkley. Actually has a brain, you can tell with the way both men play and even talk as analyst.

Smoke117
04-20-2021, 04:34 PM
Curry will always be greater than Kawhi all time.

8Ball
04-20-2021, 04:45 PM
What is it this week with a bunch of retards coming full force out of the closet?

3ball
Dankok8
2muchknowledge.

Now HBK making full retard threads in 48 hours. You don't go full retard. These posters are going full retard.

HBK_Kliq_2
04-20-2021, 04:46 PM
Curry will always be greater than Kawhi all time.

He has a 4-8 career playoff record vs healthy kawhi.

Couldn't even beat Spurs in 2013 when Parker\Manu\Duncan all shot terrible.

Couldn't even beat Raptors in 2019 when Siakam missed 11 straight 3 point shots.

1) Draymond - on\off god
2) Durant - 2 time finals MVP
3) Iggy - Finals MVP and guarded Lebron

Curry isn't even a top 3 player on the warriors since 2015.

8Ball
04-20-2021, 04:47 PM
Iggy is a better player than Curry now.

What crack you smoking kid?

HBK_Kliq_2
04-20-2021, 04:50 PM
Iggy is a better player than Curry now.

What crack you smoking kid?

More valuable like the OP said. He has the finals MVP and had to guard Lebron. All Curry had to do was outplay Matthew Dellavedova hahahahaa

Gohan
04-20-2021, 04:55 PM
op get off that dope

k0kakw0rld
04-20-2021, 05:02 PM
Draymond Green is trash period.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-20-2021, 05:04 PM
HBK doubling down in stupidity. :lol This mfer is a damn trainwreck

hold this L
04-20-2021, 05:07 PM
Babyboi is having a full on meltdown.

https://media.tenor.com/images/06d90db1ccd876b67dbfc1d9fda1d6ca/tenor.gif

HBK_Kliq_2
04-20-2021, 05:28 PM
HBK doubling down in stupidity. :lol This mfer is a damn trainwreck

I've always praised Draymond. I made a thread earlier in the season calling him a modern day Bill Russell and that implys he's the best player of the teams success. The main ball handler/passer/defender. He passes like Jokic and plays defense like Gobert. Better career then an idiot like Charles Barkley for example who couldn't defend a tree and was a loser.

Uncle Drew
04-20-2021, 05:42 PM
I've always praised Draymond. I made a thread earlier in the season calling him a modern day Bill Russell and that implys he's the best player of the teams success. The main ball handler/passer/defender. He passes like Jokic and plays defense like Gobert. Better career then an idiot like Charles Barkley for example who couldn't defend a tree and was a loser.

Why do all your posts just scream mental disability?

Gohan
04-20-2021, 06:04 PM

I’d rather be Barkley than draymond any day. Winning has become overrated as crazy as that sounds

Smoke117
04-20-2021, 07:14 PM
OP has completely lost the plot at this point.

k0kakw0rld
04-20-2021, 07:29 PM
Draymond also has had a way better career then that human toilet bowl Charles Barkley. Actually has a brain, you can tell with the way both men play and even talk as analyst.
Drugs

Axe
04-20-2021, 07:46 PM
Why is this dimwit not banned yet until now huh?

HBK_Kliq_2
04-20-2021, 07:49 PM
Why do all your posts just scream mental disability?

At least I don't have a mcdonalds cashier as my avatar. Clippers did a team vote to leave the bubble, it was reported by Shams. I hope you liked your 5 seconds of fame. Enjoy getting your ass kicked in the 1st round this season and being a play in tournament team next season with Murray.

HBK_Kliq_2
04-20-2021, 07:50 PM
I’d rather be Barkley than draymond any day. Winning has become overrated as crazy as that sounds

Draymond's brand of basketball is winning.
Barkley's brand of basketball is losing.

No defense and an idiot. have you heard barkley talk? he can barely string sentences together.

HBK_Kliq_2
04-20-2021, 07:53 PM
Drugs

That's what people were taking when they said Nick Nurse was a genius for getting carried by Kawhi hahahaa

This warriors 2021 team is actually very similar to what Kawhi had when he won a ring with raptors.

Draymond > Lowry
Siakam = Wiggins

Now Curry knows how Kawhi feels.

Stephonit
04-20-2021, 08:24 PM
If you really believe Draymond is the most valuable player on the Warriors then you would be more than happy to trade Paul George, Ibaka, Beverly, Zubac, and Batum for him and Wiggins right?

HBK_Kliq_2
04-20-2021, 08:51 PM
If you really believe Draymond is the most valuable player on the Warriors then you would be more than happy to trade Paul George, Ibaka, Beverly, Zubac, and Batum for him and Wiggins right?

I would trade all of those guys besides George for him. Draymond led the playoffs in defensive win shares 4 years in a row, i can't think of another guy who has done that besides maybe Bill Russell.