PDA

View Full Version : Who scored 31 pts on 99% TS in the closeout game to carry the Cavs to the 07' Finals?

3ball
04-21-2021, 05:35 PM
"carry" is the key word

Does anyone know who did this?

And when did Pippen carry anyone

8Ball
04-21-2021, 05:38 PM
Who scored 27 straight points in game 5 that series?

Pippen won 55 games without Jordan.

Pippen carried the Chicago Bulls.

LeBron is the definition of "making your teammates better". Allowing other teammates to shine and score while he facilitates. Hence a better basketball player than Jordan.

3ball
04-21-2021, 05:41 PM

But Gibson saved him in the closeout, just like Ray Allen and Kyrie - so it's a trend - his biggest accomplishments are actually teammate bailouts

Ainosterhaspie
04-21-2021, 05:43 PM

Beat me to it. LeBron 25 straight and 28 of last 29 points to get it to a close out game. LeBron broke them in game five and Cavs had a blowout in game six. Wonder if LeBron going nuclear might have had the Pistons a little preoccupied opening up some chances for someone else.

ShawkFactory
04-21-2021, 05:45 PM
I think you need to rewatch that game.

Gibson got hot but Lebron was everywhere. He assisted on 3 of the 4 threes in the fourth. And he was spectacular on the defensive end.

Got to the line 19 times as well.

After game 5 the Pistons were determined to make someone else hit some shots. Fortunately Gibson did this time.

3ball
04-21-2021, 05:49 PM
Beat me to it. LeBron 25 straight and 28 of last 29 points to get it to a close out game. LeBron broke them in game five and Cavs had a blowout in game six. Wonder if LeBron going nuclear might have had the Pistons a little preoccupied opening up some chances for someone else.

Game 6 was tied at halftime and the Cavs were up 1 heading into the 4th.

That's when Boobie went MJ and took over in the 4th to carry Lebron to the Finals

Ultimately, Jordan never had anyone bail him out, whereas Lebron's biggest accomplishments were actually teammate bailouts

Ainosterhaspie
04-21-2021, 05:51 PM

Gibson got hot but Lebron was everywhere. He assisted on 3 of the 4 threes in the fourth. And he was spectacular on the defensive end.

After game 5 the Pistons were determined to make someone else hit some shots. Fortunately Gibson did this time.
He doesn't need to rewatch (more likely watch for the first time) the game. In 3ball land cherry picked stats have all meaning and trite anachronism like understanding what actually happened on the floor mean nothing.

8Ball
04-21-2021, 06:05 PM

3ball doesn't understand basketball beyond Carmelo Anthony ball.

3ball
04-21-2021, 06:07 PM

Stopped reading at "Gibson got hot", while lebron was 3-11

what else is needed..

Pippen never got hot and carried the load

ShawkFactory
04-21-2021, 06:10 PM

what else is needed..

It wasn’t needed though. They’d already won all of their home games in the series and were leading before Gibson got hot. Plus the defense, led by Lebron, held the Pistons to 15 in the 4th. So even if Gibson doesn’t get hot they would still have won.

No bailout

Just a guy getting hot. Nothing to see.

RRR3
04-21-2021, 06:10 PM
3ball wears adult diapers.

3ball
04-21-2021, 06:13 PM
It wasn’t needed though. They’d already won all of their home games in the series and were leading before Gibson got hot. Plus the defense, led by Lebron, held the Pistons to 15 in the 4th. So even if Gibson doesn’t get hot they would still have won.

No bailout

That's when Boobie took over in the 4th to carry Lebron to the Finals

Ultimately, Jordan never had anyone bail him out, whereas Lebron's biggest accomplishments were actually teammate bailouts

RRR3
04-21-2021, 06:14 PM

Why are you incontinent?

Smoke117
04-21-2021, 06:15 PM

what else is needed..

Bulls down 0-2 vs Knicks in 93 game 3: Pippen: 10/12 29 points, Jordan: 3/18 22 points. Looks like he carried the load to me.

Manny98
04-21-2021, 06:16 PM

He got bailed out by Rodman in game 6 of the 96 finals

ShawkFactory
04-21-2021, 06:19 PM

So are we just going to ignore entire posts and repeat ourselves? Is that fun for you? So fvcking weird. I’ll take that you getting the message.

Anyway, in a game 6 close out on the road in Cleveland in 92, Jordan had a rough shooting game (37%), so Pippen went for 29/12/6 on 49% and had 4 blocks and 4 steals. His 91 DRTg was the lowest on the team...the second lowest was Jordan at 103. Dominant.

Plus Pippen’s 14.7 BPM was by far the highest, with Jordan coming in at 6.7.

So this isn’t a case of someone getting hot, but of someone just being clearly the best player on the floor for an entire close out game...sending his team to the finals for a chance to repeat.

Ainosterhaspie
04-21-2021, 06:20 PM

No bailout

Just watched the sequence where the Cavs put it away. Kickout to Gibson who sinks open three. LeBron defending Prince who travels. LeBron trapped on wing, passes deep in paint forcing defensive rotation, kick out to Gibson for open three. LeBron doubled, passes to Gibson for open three. LeBron steals and scores, while getting fouled for three point play. Wallace fouls out tackling LeBron on a drive and is so damned frustrated he draws a tech on top of it. Game over with 7 minutes to go. LeBron was the driving force in that sequence even if Gibson scored a bunch of points on wide open shots created for him primarily by LeBron.

ShawkFactory
04-21-2021, 06:23 PM
Just watched the sequence where the Cavs put it away. Kickoff to Gibson who sinks open three. LeBron defending Prince who travels. LeBron trapped on wing, passes deep in paint forcing defensive rotation, kick out to Gibson for open three. LeBron doubled, passes to Gibson for open three. LeBron steals and scores, while getting fouled for three point play. Wallace fouls out tackling LeBron on a drive and is so damned frustrated he draws a tech on top of it. Game over with 7 minutes to go. LeBron was the driving force in that sequence even if Gibson scored a bunch of points on wide open shots created for him primarily by LeBron.
:applause:

Yep. I remember the game pretty clearly.

This is what happens when someone tries to twist things that everyone watched :lol

Ainosterhaspie
04-21-2021, 06:29 PM
:applause:

Yep. I remember the game pretty clearly.

This is what happens when someone tries to twist things that everyone watched :lol

You don't even need to have watched it to know how it went down. Pistons were going to have to come up with something to contain LeBron. That would probably open up other scoring opportunities. Low and behold in the key sequence LeBron's getting doubled and Gibson is sinking practice three pointers.

RRR3
04-21-2021, 06:29 PM
Bulls down 0-2 vs Knicks in 93 game 3: Pippen: 10/12 29 points, Jordan: 3/18 22 points. Looks like he carried the load to me.
Yikes. Snivelball will avoid this.

Ainosterhaspie
04-21-2021, 06:31 PM
Yikes. Snivelball will avoid this.

He doesn't even think when he says stuff. I didn't have a chance to go find the specific games, but knew immediately there would be multiple examples of Pippen "bailing" out Jordan. Sure enough the examples come pouring in. Utterly predictable.

Gohan
04-21-2021, 06:34 PM
All y’all muphuckas sad, the mj and bran stans. That’s why real nikkas are iverson stans, we ain’t got time for them lowlifes

3ball
04-21-2021, 06:44 PM
So are we just going to ignore entire posts and repeat ourselves? Is that fun for you? So fvcking weird. I’ll take that you getting the message.

Anyway, in a game 6 close out on the road in Cleveland in 92, Jordan had a rough shooting game (37%), so Pippen went for 29/12/6 on 49% and had 4 blocks and 4 steals. His 91 DRTg was the lowest on the team...the second lowest was Jordan at 103. Dominant.

Plus Pippen’s 14.7 BPM was by far the highest, with Jordan coming in at 6.7.

So this isn’t a case of someone getting hot, but of someone just being clearly the best player on the floor for an entire close out game...sending his team to the finals for a chance to repeat.

So a game where Jordan led the Bulls in scoring/assists and scored 14 of the last 21 points, while having all the assists is your best counter to Boogie's carry-job?

Lol.. Jordan is more goat than I realized..

here's the last 7 minutes of that game - Jordan makes literally every play for the last 7 minutes:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3E_xGJ9v2d0&t=01h39m41s

ShawkFactory
04-21-2021, 06:48 PM
So a game where Jordan led the Bulls in scoring/assists and scored 14 of the last 21 points, while having all the assists is your best counter to Boogie's carry-job?

Lol.. Jordan is more goat than I realized..

here's the last 7 minutes of that game - Jordan makes literally every play for the last 7 minutes:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3E_xGJ9v2d0&t=01h39m41s

Look at this dude posting videos and analyzing the game and shit :lol

Gonna do that on your end but not the other? Seems reasonable.

3ball
04-21-2021, 06:55 PM
Look at this dude posting videos and analyzing the game and shit :lol

Gonna do that on your end but not the other? Seems reasonable.

So here we see Jordan carrying the bulls to the Finals, whereas Lebron got carried by Boogie, and also only averaged 22 ppg in the 14' ECF (Wade was equal-scoring partner with 20)

Oh shit.. then there's AD's masterpiece carry-job in the 20' WCF against the Joker

And tbh, Bosh and Wade carried Lebron in the 11' ECF

Then there's the 16" and 17' ecf where he barely averaged more than various teammates (3 guys over 22 ppg in the 17' ecf)

RRR3
04-21-2021, 06:56 PM
Snivelball? Where you at fella?

ShawkFactory
04-21-2021, 06:57 PM
So here we see Jordan carrying the bulls to the Finals, whereas Lebron got carried by Boogie, and also only averaged 22 ppg in the 14' ECF (Wade was equal-scoring partner with 20)

Oh shit.. then there's AD's masterpiece carry-job in the 20' WCF against the Joker

I honestly wish I was always as shameless as you are :lol

If I was you I’d just repeat that Pippen led the team in almost every category and was by far the best player on the court throughout the course of the game.

But I just can’t do it.

3ball
04-21-2021, 07:02 PM
I honestly wish I was always as shameless as you are :lol

If I was you I’d just repeat that Pippen led the team in almost every category and was by far the best player on the court throughout the course of the game.

But I just can’t do it.

Jordan led the bulls in assists in that game (8) with only 3 turnovers, while Pippen had 5 turnovers and 5 assists

So Jordan led in everything and did virtually everything down the stretch

Ultimately, Jordan carried the bulls to the Game 6 victory and 92' ECF, while lebron was carried or had an equal-scoring partner in most ECF (07', 11', 14', 16', 17')

RRR3
04-21-2021, 07:06 PM
3bitch is petrified to acknowledge this. I might have to make a thread about it he’s such a coward.

SouBeachTalents
04-21-2021, 07:10 PM

And tbh, Bosh and Wade carried Lebron in the 11' ECF
What :oldlol: Wade was absolutely ass (offensively) in that series. Statements like these really expose how little you know about what you're talking about

I also love how he'll refer to the 2016 Finals as "equal scoring partners' when LeBron outscored Kyrie by 3 ppg (and lead both teams in every category), but the 2020 WCF is a "masterpiece carry job" when AD outscores him by 4, even though LeBron led the team in both rebounds and assists

And don't let the irony elude you that in a thread that's literally about having someone get carried in a closeout game, he'll refer to the 2020 WCF series as a "masterpiece carry job" when this happened in the closeout game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYQW3Qlxooo

8Ball
04-21-2021, 07:13 PM

Looks like Pippen carried the Chicago Bulls.

3ball
04-21-2021, 07:19 PM
3bitch is petrified to acknowledge this. I might have to make a thread about it he’s such a coward.

Everyone knows that was a blowout and the Knicks were giving that game away as teams frequently do up 2-0

As I've said many times, Pippen was never noticed for his play, including that game, as seen in the Game 4 intro here:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ldO2eEm-9lg&t=0m53s

Pippen wasn't noticed because only Jordan was responsible for winning games.. It was a 1-man team

RRR3
04-21-2021, 07:25 PM
Everyone knows that was a blowout and the Knicks were giving that game away as teams frequently do up 2-0

As I've said many times, Pippen was never noticed for his play, including that game, as seen in the Game 4 intro here:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ldO2eEm-9lg&t=0m53s

Pippen wasn't noticed because only Jordan was responsible for winning games.. It was a 1-man team
Oh now context matters? Interesting. Very interesting. You’re a clown.

3ball
04-21-2021, 07:26 PM
What :oldlol: Wade was absolutely ass (offensively) in that series. Statements like these really expose how little you know about what you're talking about

I also love how he'll refer to the 2016 Finals as "equal scoring partners' when LeBron outscored Kyrie by 3 ppg (and lead both teams in every category), but the 2020 WCF is a "masterpiece carry job" when AD outscores him by 4, even though LeBron led the team in both rebounds and assists

And don't let the irony elude you that in a thread that's literally about having someone get carried in a closeout game, he'll refer to the 2020 WCF series as a "masterpiece carry job" when this happened in the closeout game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYQW3Qlxooo

AD out-produced Lebron in the 20' WCF - he was MVP in that series, aka the "real" Finals

In the 11' ECF, Bosh basically matched Lebron's production, while Wade matched Lebron in the 14' ECF, and Kyrie nearly matched Lebron in the 16' and 17' ECF.

Otoh, MJ always averaged far more than pippen in every series of their careers.. Pippen never got within 10 ppg of mj in any series.

3ball
04-21-2021, 07:33 PM

Well earlier, SouBeach used the "blowout" theory to diminish Boogie carrying lebron in Game 6......

Except it wasn't a blowout, whereas Game 3 of the 93' ECF was a blowout, so SouBeach's logic applies there in favor of MJ

RRR3
04-21-2021, 07:35 PM
Well earlier, SouBeach used the "blowout" theory to diminish Boogie carrying lebron in Game 6......

Except it wasn't a blowout, whereas Game 3 of the 93' ECF was a blowout, so SouBeach's logic applies there in favor or Mike
It was a blowout thanks to Pippen destroying :cheers:

MJ was helpless. 3-18 yikes.

Gohan
04-21-2021, 08:16 PM

The struggle. Just shows how great mj is. Only the true greats reach the struggle

ShawkFactory
04-21-2021, 08:19 PM
Jordan led the bulls in assists in that game (8) with only 3 turnovers, while Pippen had 5 turnovers and 5 assists

So Jordan led in everything and did virtually everything down the stretch

Ultimately, Jordan carried the bulls to the Game 6 victory and 92' ECF, while lebron was carried or had an equal-scoring partner in most ECF (07', 11', 14', 16', 17')

And we’ll go shameless again :lol

3ball
04-21-2021, 08:31 PM

But the Boobie game wasn't a blowout and was tied until the 4th where Boobie saved the day, whereas Game 3 of the 93' ECF actually was a blowout - it was over after 1 quarter where the Bulls were up 11 and Jordan had 8 points with 6 assists shown here:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FT67Hq66TLI&t=01h02m12s

Pippen had 6 points and 0 assists.. and tbh, Pippen did absolutely nothing except get assisted on 3 open jumpers.. he was a total robotic role player trash when the game was decided

3ball
04-21-2021, 08:40 PM

the Boobie game wasn't a blowout and it was tied until the 4th, whereas Game 3 of the 93' ECF was a blowout - it was over after 1 quarter where the Bulls were up 11 and Jordan had 8 points with 6 assists shown here:

Pippen had 6 points and 0 assists.. and tbh, Pippen did absolutely nothing except get assisted on 3 open jumpers.. he was a total robotic role player trash when the game was decided

3ball
04-21-2021, 09:39 PM
the Boobie game wasn't a blowout and it was tied until the 4th, whereas Game 3 of the 93' ECF was a blowout - it was over after 1 quarter where the Bulls were up 11 and Jordan had 8 points with 6 assists shown here:

^^^ Let the record show that everyone was ghost in the face of the facts and video evidence

Ultimately, sheer usage can be dominant in and of itself

ShawkFactory
04-21-2021, 09:45 PM

:roll::roll:

If this on purpose then :applause:

3ball
04-21-2021, 10:03 PM
:roll::roll:

If this on purpose then :applause:

Did you watch the video of the 1st quarter?.. that's all Pippen did while mj was on a 32 and 24 assist pace to get the bulls the insurmountable lead.. he assisted on 2 of Pippen's jumpers

ShawkFactory
04-21-2021, 10:04 PM
Did you watch the video of the 1st quarter - that's all Pippen did while mj was on a 32 and 24 assist pace

Oh ok so that outrageously ironic analysis was not on purpose.

Not as funny then.

3ball
04-21-2021, 10:06 PM

Not as funny then.

Yes, Pippen wasn't "saving" the bulls like Boobie did in that Game 6 4th quarter

mehyaM24
04-21-2021, 10:12 PM
who cares? pippen was infinitely better than gibson - and had alpha production throughout the 90s (see: BPM/VORP)

Sportal
04-21-2021, 10:33 PM

Took him almost two pages to answer this. Lmao.

Is this guy really out here comparing Gibson to Pippen? Lmfao.

He got bailed out by Rodman in game 6 of the 96 finals

Did he answer this? Or did he ignore it?

There is literally nothing worse than someone who asks questions and ignores the answers.

And1AllDay
04-21-2021, 10:37 PM

LeBron is the definition of "making your teammates better". Allowing other teammates to shine and score while he facilitates. Hence a better basketball player than Jordan.

:lebronamazed:

sdot_thadon
04-21-2021, 10:39 PM

Not as funny then.

Still got a chuckle out of that contradictory stumble. It's his signature move.

3ball
04-21-2021, 10:40 PM
who cares? pippen was infinitely better than gibson - and had alpha production throughout the 90s (see: BPM/VORP)

PLAYOFFS

2007 Gibson.... 5.4 BPM.... 0.8 VORP

1993 Pippen.... 2.0 BPM.... 0.8 VORP
1990 Pippen.... 5.4 BPM.... 0.8 VORP
1997 Pippen.... 5.1 BPM.... 1.4 VORP

Gibson also destroys 90' and 93' Pippen in PER and WS/48

who cares? pippen was infinitely better than gibson - and had alpha production throughout the 90s

Jordan was an 8 seed without Pippen, while Lebron was a 9 seed with the East all-star center (05'), and then with Ingram/Rondo/Green/Kuzma (19')

who cares? pippen was infinitely better than gibson - and had alpha production throughout the 90s

the all-star duo of Lebron/Zydrunas were lottery, and needed to acquire a 22/5/5 all-defender and the future COY to make the playoffs in 06/07 with top rebounding/defenses as well...

That's easily enough help to compete in a conference that 1-star teams routinely won, while Jordan just had a rebounder (oakley) in a conference that required a super-team to win.

So Lebron sucks compared to Jordan and the facts always show this..

Ainosterhaspie
04-21-2021, 10:41 PM
Still got a chuckle out of that contradictory stumble. It's his signature move.

The funny part is he hasn't picked up on the contradiction yet.

Sportal
04-21-2021, 10:45 PM
PLAYOFFS

Jordan was an 8 seed without Pippen, while Lebron was a 9 seed with the East all-star center (05'), and then with Ingram/Rondo/Green/Kuzma (19')

the all-star duo of Lebron/Zydrunas were lottery, and needed to acquire a 22/5/5 all-defender and the future COY to make the playoffs in 06/07 with top rebounding/defenses as well...

That's easily enough help to compete in a conference that 1-star teams routinely won, while Jordan just had a rebounder (oakley) in a conference that required a super-team to win.

Hey 3braincells,

Who would you pick, Gibson or Pippen?

Axe
Another pathetic thread where op got smothered as usual. God help this fool.

ShawkFactory
The funny part is he hasn't picked up on the contradiction yet.

Likely because he completely ignored your post. Too much context/analyzation.

He’s not interested in that at all unless you beat him at his own game and he’s forced to do it on his end.

tpols
04-21-2021, 11:13 PM

Yea Rasheed Wallace called LeBron the leagues "golden boy" and he was right. He lapped everybody in FTs because he was the only star in the pistons cavs series. But yea... please point to an elimination game where pippen ever even did this. Pippen didn't "get hot". He didnt have that gear. Even boobie gibson had that gear.

Axe
04-21-2021, 11:17 PM
Tpots is really a 3bot disciple. It's no wonder they all share the same banal views with regards to a consensus top 20-30 player of all-time who they merely view as a role player on a dynasty team led by a renowned ball hog who's only concerned about his ppg numbers anyway. :ohwell:

mehyaM24
04-21-2021, 11:20 PM
PLAYOFFS

from 90-98, pippen averaged a 6 BPM and and 13 VORP. gibson's next 3 and final playoff runs he averaged 0.1 BPM and 0.1 VORP. you are doing a disservice to jordan's era by comparing pippen to role players. everything you have said suggests the 90s were weak.

jordan was 1-9 his first 3 years in the playoffs (without pippen). lebron won a series in his third year. another bad comparison on your part.

3ball
04-21-2021, 11:29 PM
Hey 3braincells,

Who would you pick, Gibson or Pippen?

The 07' Cavs had the #4 defense and #1 rebounding team - so I'll take that over the 91-93' Bulls rankings

And they had more offensive teammates with numerous guys from 05-07' that out-produced 90' Pippen offensively )Mo, Jamison, 05/06 Zydrunas, 05' Hughes)

Basically, Lebron's 05-10 casts compared to Jordan's 90-93' casts

kawhileonard2
04-21-2021, 11:49 PM
Jordan turned an organization that drafted him that never won into a dynasty. Lebron won 1 title in 11 years for the franchise that drafted him. He had to leave that organization to join forces with a guy who won as the man and then try to go back. Lebron leaving before ever winning with that organization that drafted to go to Miami is the definition of a coward.

mehyaM24
04-22-2021, 12:23 AM
Jordan turned an organization that drafted him that never won into a dynasty. Lebron won 1 title in 11 years for the franchise that drafted him. He had to leave that organization to join forces with a guy who won as the man and then try to go back. Lebron leaving before ever winning with that organization that drafted to go to Miami is the definition of a coward.

well lebron won a playoff series before jordan did. prior to drafting pippen, chicago was first round fodder. can't fault lebron for wanting his pippen in miami - unfortunately for lebron though wade brokedown fast.

SouBeachTalents
04-22-2021, 08:12 AM
PLAYOFFS

Well, he's finally done it, Boobie Gibson is now on Scottie Pippen's level, Boobie fcking Gibson :lol 3ball's posts honestly give me a better understanding of how people become indoctrinated with Q'Anon, you start off by believing one or two absurd things, and once you open your mind to those, it will eventually open the floodgates for you to believe literally anything that's said on the subject, no matter how ridiculous or absurd. 3ball's been living in his alternate reality for so long now, he's fallen so far down the rabbit hole, I think he actually believes the things he posts at this point. And I guarantee we'll see him eventually argue that virtually every one of LeBron's teammates was better than Pippen. Mario Chalmers, James Jones, Delly, you'll see, shit will happen at some point :lol

SouBeachTalents
04-22-2021, 08:12 AM
Yea Rasheed Wallace called LeBron the leagues "golden boy" and he was right. He lapped everybody in FTs because he was the only star in the pistons cavs series. But yea... please point to an elimination game where pippen ever even did this. Pippen didn't "get hot". He didnt have that gear. Even boobie gibson had that gear.
And here's 3ball's lapdog, in literally every thread defending all the crazy shit 3ball says :lol

AussieSteve
04-22-2021, 08:25 AM
So OP, are you trying to hype the '07 Cavs as being stacked because Boobie Gibson was their 2nd leading scorer in the ECF?

ShawkFactory
04-22-2021, 09:03 AM
Pippen had that gear where he could be the all around best player on any court on any given day.

Gibson has that gear where he can make 4 practice threes in a row when the best player on his team is getting double teamed, getting fouled, flying around, and locking people down on defense.

mehyaM24
04-22-2021, 10:23 AM
And here's 3ball's lapdog, in literally every thread defending all the crazy shit 3ball says :lol

that lame opines thread to thread saying "you really think that? REALLY?!? this is why no one takes you serious." but with pippen cosigns on ridiculous tripe. :oldlol:

here's (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Px8sfnW0Elc) pippen, in an elimination game, lighting up kobe/shaq/rice. overall he finished with 37 points and shot 57%ts.

GrayGoat
04-22-2021, 11:33 AM
LOL BOOBIE GIBSON IS NOW BETTER THAN PIPPEN. Let that sink in for anyone trying to argue with this idiot lolol

3ball
04-22-2021, 12:49 PM
Well, he's finally done it, Boobie Gibson is now on Scottie Pippen's level, Boobie fcking Gibson :lol 3ball's posts honestly give me a better understanding of how people become indoctrinated with Q'Anon, you start off by believing one or two absurd things, and once you open your mind to those, it will eventually open the floodgates for you to believe literally anything that's said on the subject, no matter how ridiculous or absurd. 3ball's been living in his alternate reality for so long now, he's fallen so far down the rabbit hole, I think he actually believes the things he posts at this point. And I guarantee we'll see him eventually argue that virtually every one of LeBron's teammates was better than Pippen. Mario Chalmers, James Jones, Delly, you'll see, shit will happen at some point :lol

the all-star duo of Lebron/Zydrunas were lottery, and needed to acquire a 22/5/5 all-defender and the future COY to make the playoffs in 06'..

Smoke117
04-22-2021, 12:59 PM
First Pippen was Larry Hughes, then he was Antawn Jamison, then he was Mo Williams, then he was Kelly Oubre, and now he’s Boobie Gibson. 3balls insanity only rises by each passing year. The real victim here is his son. 3ball has been filling his head with all of his nonsense since he was just a little sprout. Likely he’s a laughingstock with his friends now in any basketball discussion.

ImKobe
04-22-2021, 01:29 PM
His 2007 run might be the most overrated one in league history. The East was historically weak that season. The Pistons had a #1 seed at just 53 wins & after losing both Larry Brown & Ben Wallace. Chris Webber was beyond washed at that point, averaging 11/7 in the RS & 10/6 in the Playoffs (worse than Drew Gooden LMFAO).

Smoke117
04-22-2021, 01:32 PM
His 2007 run might be the most overrated one in league history. The East was historically weak that season. The Pistons had a #1 seed at just 53 wins & after losing both Larry Brown & Ben Wallace. Chris Webber was beyond washed at that point, averaging 11/7 in the RS & 10/6 in the Playoffs (worse than Drew Gooden LMFAO).

Pistons played about as bad of series as you could in 2007 vs Cavs. If you replayed it I would put my money on them to win it.

ImKobe
04-22-2021, 01:45 PM
Pistons played about as bad of series as you could in 2007 vs Cavs. If you replayed it I would put my money on them to win it.

They were not good enough, didn't have a superstar-level player or enough depth to match Lebron's production. The Cavs were a great defensive team (better than Detroit) and had a superstar, that's all you needed to win the East back then. I'd say the 07 Cavs beat the Pistons 8/10 times in a series. Cavs could have won it in 4-5 games but Lebron had 29 pts on 12/34 shooting in the first 2 games & they lost both by 3 points.

8Ball
04-22-2021, 02:50 PM
They were not good enough, didn't have a superstar-level player or enough depth to match Lebron's production. The Cavs were a great defensive team (better than Detroit) and had a superstar, that's all you needed to win the East back then. I'd say the 07 Cavs beat the Pistons 8/10 times in a series. Cavs could have won it in 4-5 games but Lebron had 29 pts on 12/34 shooting in the first 2 games & they lost both by 3 points.

Why couldn't Kobe do it 2004?

If u kicked 2004 Kobe to the curb and put in rookie LeBron, the Lakers win in 2004.

ImKobe
04-22-2021, 02:52 PM
Why couldn't Kobe do it 2004?

If u kicked 2004 Kobe to the curb and put in rookie LeBron, the Lakers win in 2004.

2007, not 2004 you illiterate buffoon. 2004 Pistons had peak Wallace and Larry Brown, 2 completely different teams.. :facepalm

2004 Lebron isn't doing shit against that defense and the Lakers get worse defensively, they already had a major weakness with Shaq not being able to guard the P&R and being gassed in the 2nd halves of games with Kobe getting 0 scoring help from role players, even with the Pistons loading up on him on defense and leaving guys like Fisher & GP wide open.

aj1987
04-22-2021, 03:11 PM
2007, not 2004 you illiterate buffoon. 2004 Pistons had peak Wallace and Larry Brown, 2 completely different teams.. :facepalm

2004 Lebron isn't doing shit against that defense and the Lakers get worse defensively, they already had a major weakness with Shaq not being able to guard the P&R and being gassed in the 2nd halves of games with Kobe getting 0 scoring help from role players, even with the Pistons loading up on him on defense and leaving guys like Fisher & GP wide open.

The 2004 Lakers also had a significantly better team than the '07 Cavs.

#1. LeBron wouldn't completely shut out Shaq.

#2. Shaq was still a monster and pairing him with a great and willing passer in LeBron would've changed their entire game plan.

#3. The entire '07 Cavs team (outside LeBron) did not have the same impact as Shaq did by himself.

#4. Kobe took 29 shots more than Shaq to score 20 fewer points than him. Shaq shot 63%, BTW.

#5. Replace '04 Kobe with '07 LeBron and the Lakers win the title in 6.

8Ball
04-22-2021, 03:19 PM

Give 2007 LeBron 2004-2007 Shaq and LeBron would wipe the floor of the entire league clean with multiple championships.

Kobe sabotaged Shaq.

ImKobe
04-22-2021, 05:13 PM
The 2004 Lakers also had a significantly better team than the '07 Cavs.

#1. LeBron wouldn't completely shut out Shaq.

#2. Shaq was still a monster and pairing him with a great and willing passer in LeBron would've changed their entire game plan.

#3. The entire '07 Cavs team (outside LeBron) did not have the same impact as Shaq did by himself.

#4. Kobe took 29 shots more than Shaq to score 20 fewer points than him. Shaq shot 63%, BTW.

#5. Replace '04 Kobe with '07 LeBron and the Lakers win the title in 6.

Not that much better, they weren't as good defensively and obviously had chemistry issues & Malone got injured, no depth either.

Kobe didn't "shut out" Shaq, this is bullshit. Shaq scored more in the Finals than he had all year, he just wasn't in good enough shape to score like he did the previous seasons and they abused him on the defensive end, their worst loss was when Kobe only took 13 shots. Kobe took more FGA but Shaq had 30 more FTA, their usage rate is nearly the same (28 for Shaq vs 30 for Kobe), he had a bigger role on offense compared to other series (20 ppg 13.1 FGA first 3 rounds, 26.6 ppg 16.8 FGA Finals) and it still didn't matter as the team outside Shaq & Kobe was historically bad in terms of scoring in that series.

Even if you put '07 Lebron on the team, they do not win the series. We saw what the '07 Spurs did to him in the Finals, now make him play under the old rules against a much better defense and what do you think is going to happen? The Pistons team Lebron played against was not nearly as good defensively, and he struggled scoring for the most of that series.

aj1987
04-23-2021, 05:27 AM
Not that much better, they weren't as good defensively and obviously had chemistry issues & Malone got injured, no depth either.
LeBron would improve every single facet of their deficiencies. Malone got injured, but he was like 40 years old and LeBron is/was a much better player than Kobe.

Kobe didn't "shut out" Shaq, this is bullshit. Shaq scored more in the Finals than he had all year, he just wasn't in good enough shape to score like he did the previous seasons and they abused him on the defensive end, their worst loss was when Kobe only took 13 shots. Kobe took more FGA but Shaq had 30 more FTA, their usage rate is nearly the same (28 for Shaq vs 30 for Kobe), he had a bigger role on offense compared to other series (20 ppg 13.1 FGA first 3 rounds, 26.6 ppg 16.8 FGA Finals) and it still didn't matter as the team outside Shaq & Kobe was historically bad in terms of scoring in that series.
LMAO. Kobe stans really out here trying to rewrite history.

Shaq had a TS% of 61.5%.

Kobe had a TS% of 45.6%.

That's absolutely atrocious, especially when you consider the fact that he was barely doing anything outside trying to chuck the ball every single opportunity he got (2.8 rebounds lmao). Not to mention the fact that he was beyond garbage defensively. Stop making shit about about Shaq. We all saw the games and they're still available online to watch. The team was also so shit at scoring, because Kobe was hogging the ball and barely let anyone else take a shot. LeBron would've been much better at setting up teammates and helping them get better looks.

Even if you put '07 Lebron on the team, they do not win the series. We saw what the '07 Spurs did to him in the Finals, now make him play under the old rules against a much better defense and what do you think is going to happen? The Pistons team Lebron played against was not nearly as good defensively, and he struggled scoring for the most of that series.

Kobe had PRIME Shaq and LeBron had Boobie Gibson, my dude. I know for a FACT that LeBron would average more than 2.8 rebounds a game (Lakers out out rebounded by 8 RPG). I know for a FACT that LeBron wouldn't be as bad as Kobe defensively. I know for a FACT that LeBron would involve Shaq more in the offense and give him the ball more, making the offense better. Face it, dude. Kobe lost them that series and LeBron is a significantly better player than Kobe.

tontoz
04-23-2021, 08:56 AM
I remember that Finals. The Pistons made a game plan to take advantage of Kobe's selfishness. They let Ben Wallace guard Shaq 1 on 1 without help even though they knew Wallace couldn't handle him. They were betting that Kobe wouldn't give up the ball enough to make them pay for it.