PDA

View Full Version : Wizards vs GS game thread

tontoz
04-21-2021, 07:00 PM
Wizards have been looking better lately winning 5 straight games. Curry has been on a crazy run though.

Should be fun.

Ainosterhaspie
04-21-2021, 07:12 PM
What are your thoughts about Westbrook now that he's your blessing/curse. Have they changed from before you got him?

tontoz
04-21-2021, 07:19 PM
What are your thoughts about Westbrook now that he's your blessing/curse. Have they changed from before you got him?

He is what he is. Bad shots and WTF turnovers are part of the Russ package.

However the intensity.he brings every night is impressive and seems to rub off of the rest of the team. He can be very effective in the nights when he limits the negative possessions.

tontoz
04-21-2021, 07:37 PM
Nice D by the Wiz, trapping Curry and forcing turnovers which are his achilles heel.

tontoz
04-21-2021, 07:57 PM
Seems like the wizards went 5 minutes scoring only 1 point.

:facepalm

HBK_Kliq_2
04-21-2021, 08:17 PM
Oubre leaves suns: they become 2nd seed

Oubre returns to warriors: curry has 4 points on 2\10

Hahahahah what a cancer. I hope he sticks around and continues to ruin the warriors franchise.

tontoz
04-21-2021, 08:31 PM
Oubre leaves suns: they become 2nd seed

Oubre returns to warriors: curry has 4 points on 2\10

Hahahahah what a cancer. I hope he sticks around and continues to ruin the warriors franchise.

Oubre is having a good game lol.

Ugly game overall. Feel for Deni compound fracture. :(

Axe
04-21-2021, 08:38 PM
Lol wtf does curry have less than five points rn?

HBK_Kliq_2
04-21-2021, 08:40 PM
Oubre is having a good game lol.

Ugly game overall. Feel for Deni compound fracture. :(

He's the worst rotation player in the league. He literally ruined the first half of Booker's career and now he's trying to ruin the 2nd half of Curry's career. -0.1 VORP for the season hahahah. A lot of people talk about how suns improved because of Chris Paul but a lot of had to do with the addition by subtraction of getting rid of Oubre's dumbass. Similar to how Clippers just got rid of Lou Williams. I can't think of a worse player who gets significant amount of minutes then Oubre besides maybe Dillon Brooks. I'm sure JA Morant will look a lot better once grizzles are smart enough to get rid of Brooks, similar to how Booker suddenly looks better without Oubre.

Axe
04-21-2021, 08:45 PM
All of a sudden he has 9 points already

tontoz
04-21-2021, 08:54 PM
Lol wtf does curry have less than five points rn?

Wizards trapping the pick and roll and he hasn't handled it well. GS really should just stop setting picks for him.

tontoz
04-21-2021, 08:56 PM
He's the worst rotation player in the league. He literally ruined the first half of Booker's career and now he's trying to ruin the 2nd half of Curry's career. -0.1 VORP for the season hahahah. A lot of people talk about how suns improved because of Chris Paul but a lot of had to do with the addition by subtraction of getting rid of Oubre's dumbass. Similar to how Clippers just got rid of Lou Williams. I can't think of a worse player who gets significant amount of minutes then Oubre besides maybe Dillon Brooks. I'm sure JA Morant will look a lot better once grizzles are smart enough to get rid of Brooks, similar to how Booker suddenly looks better without Oubre.

He's not that bad lol. He tries on D but on offense he should just stick to open 3s and straight line drives. When he tries to create off the dribble it can be ugly.

Remember we drafted him I know his game. Wasn't sad to see him go lol

Axe
04-21-2021, 09:15 PM
These warriors are playing more of a team rn than last time. I mean they have two players who have 20 points already.

tontoz
04-21-2021, 09:22 PM
These warriors are playing more of a team rn than last time. I mean they have two players who have 20 points already.

Wizards are doubling Curry and forcing the other guys to beat them which is the right move

Problem is that the offense is just awful. They have 21 turnovers. Beal/Russ are a combined 9-34

Marchesk
04-21-2021, 09:27 PM
Westbrook has 20 rebounds!!!

Axe
04-21-2021, 09:29 PM
Westbrook has 20 rebounds!!!
:applause:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-21-2021, 09:30 PM
Damn rough night for Curry. 2/14 on threes...

Bad loss if the dubs don't pull this one out.

Axe
04-21-2021, 09:31 PM
Damn rough night for Curry. 2/14 on threes...
Against a much less defensive team too. But i guess their defensive tactic to contain him is working.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-21-2021, 09:33 PM
:oldlol: at Wiggins. You know he wants that one back.

Smoke117
04-21-2021, 09:35 PM
Curry is trash.

1_BAD_TIGER
04-21-2021, 09:37 PM
So is Curry still the MVP?

Axe
04-21-2021, 09:38 PM
So is Curry still the MVP?
Welcome back, champ. :cheers:

Jokic might be the mvp at the end of this season.

Axe
04-21-2021, 09:41 PM
Wow, the wizards prevailed at the end. Thought bazemore would also have at least 20 points too.

tontoz
04-21-2021, 09:42 PM
Against a much less defensive team too. But i guess their defensive tactic to contain him is working.

Not true the wizards defense has been good lately. Since the trade deadline the wizards are 3rd in defensive efficiency.

Axe
04-21-2021, 09:44 PM
Not true the wizards defense has been good lately. Since the trade deadline the wizards are 3rd in defensive efficiency.
Interesting. I guess that's what made them win more games lately.

tontoz
04-21-2021, 09:49 PM
Russ was 1 turnover away from a quadruple double.

:lol

Tonight was vintage Russ. His intensity was key to their comeback but his dumb plays almost blew the game. I cringed when he got the ball at the end and sure enough he turned it over. Fortunately they blew the layup.

highwhey
04-21-2021, 09:51 PM
wow, how did curry lead the warriors to a loss against the wizards? surely his 1st place oRPM should have been enough?

Axe
04-21-2021, 09:51 PM
wow, how did curry lead the warriors to a loss against the wizards? surely his 1st place oRPM should have been enough?
:roll:

It's unusual he didn't score at least 30 this night.

highwhey
04-21-2021, 09:53 PM
:roll:

He didn't score 30 this time.

why are you laughing? curry is 1st in ORPM! it's not his fault he lost! :mad:

Axe
04-21-2021, 09:56 PM
I guess letting two of his scrub teammates score over 20 is a wrong call after all. :(

tontoz
04-21-2021, 09:58 PM

Typical nonsense posts that I expect from you. Wizards doubled Curry all night. Granted he didn't handle it well. He should have passed it quicker but his struggles were partly because of the defense.

highwhey
04-21-2021, 09:58 PM
I guess letting two of his scrub teammates score over 20 is a wrong call after all. :(

that wasn't enough, they're trash. if KD was still here, they would have won, but now curry is left carrying this trash team with no all star super team cast :mad:

mehyaM24
04-21-2021, 10:00 PM
Typical nonsense posts that I expect from you. Wizards doubled Curry all night. Granted he didn't handle it well. He should have passed it quicker but his struggles were partly because of the defense.

figured there would be idiots trolling curry lol. they were quiet during his hotstreak, but now come out like cockroaches

highwhey
04-21-2021, 10:00 PM

gee, it's almost like if he was elite in other aspects of the game, he could have still found a way to make an impact like real superstars do (james playmaking, giannis defense, etc).

but instead the defense exploited his one dimensional game :ohwell:

Axe
04-21-2021, 10:07 PM
that wasn't enough, they're trash. if KD was still here, they would have won, but now curry is left carrying this trash team with no all star super team cast :mad:
Well they had their chance earlier during the fourth, i saw their team being up by eleven at one point but couldn't stop a wiz comeback for the rest of the way. Oubre, poole and bazemore had 65 points combined, well more than thrice of curry's 18 points whose made threes didn't even reach by at least five in more than 15 attempts during this affair. Now if only his defense was more effective, then maybe they would have averted this four-point loss against a sub .500 team led by westbrook and co. but it was too late. Where's Stanley btw. :ohwell:

tontoz
04-21-2021, 10:09 PM
gee, it's almost like if he was elite in other aspects of the game, he could have still found a way to make an impact like real superstars do (james playmaking, giannis defense, etc).

but instead the defense exploited his one dimensional game :ohwell:

He does have an issue taking care of the ball. He can make careless turnovers at times and under pressure it gets worse. He frequently tries to dribble out of trouble instead of passing quickly.

For the record I never said he was as good as LeBron.

tontoz
04-21-2021, 10:10 PM
Well they had their chance earlier during the fourth, i saw their team being up by eleven at one point but couldn't stop a wiz comeback for the rest of the way. Oubre, poole and bazemore had 65 points combined, well more than thrice of curry's 18 points whose made threes didn't even reach by at least five in more than 15 attempts during this affair. Now if only his defense was more effective, then maybe they would have averted this four-point loss against a sub .500 team led by westbrook and co. but it was too late. Where's Stanley btw. :ohwell:

Wizards have won 6 in a row now, 8 of 9. Show some respect.:mad:

imdaman99
04-21-2021, 10:11 PM
Russ was 1 turnover away from a quadruple double.

:lol

Tonight was vintage Russ. His intensity was key to their comeback but his dumb plays almost blew the game. I cringed when he got the ball at the end and sure enough he turned it over. Fortunately they blew the layup.

They had to get the ball upcourt honestly, it was about to be an 8 second backcourt violation :lol but yeah Russ drives everyone crazy. I do think he's clutcher than Beal, though not nearly as good an offensive player now.

Axe
04-21-2021, 10:14 PM
Wizards have won 6 in a row now, 8 of 9. Show some respect.:mad:
In all honesty, i'm glad they've won more recently than they've lost if anything. :cheers:

Otoh, my bulls have lost the same amount of games in a row (six) despite getting lavine some help in vuc last month but they seemed to have gotten worse somehow ever since. :(

tontoz
04-21-2021, 10:17 PM
In all honesty, i'm glad they've won more recently than they've lost if anything. :cheers:

Otoh, my bulls have lost the same amount of games in a row (six) despite getting lavine some help in vuc last month but they seemed to have gotten worse somehow ever since. :(

We are loving Gafford. 19/10 tonight with 3 blocks.

Axe
04-21-2021, 10:22 PM
We are loving Gafford. 19/10 tonight with 3 blocks.
It sucks to see the bulls let him go since he seems to be a useful role player. But if all goes well, they might get to play in the play-ins later.