View Full Version : Chef Dingo 2-14 (3pt) 7-25 fg 6 turnovers loss vs Wizards

highwhey
04-21-2021, 10:05 PM
14% from 3pt
6 turnovers

:roll::roll::roll:

mehyaM24
04-21-2021, 10:07 PM
https://64.media.tumblr.com/6357da3b2187cac053fdd7507a12ffdb/tumblr_nm41tjbiP11qbqbieo1_400.gif

k0kakw0rld
04-21-2021, 10:15 PM
Best player in the game, MVP

Naaaaaaah :oldlol: :roll:

tontoz
04-21-2021, 10:21 PM
It was bad but in fairness the wizards defense has been good lately and doubled him all game. He didn't handle it well and looked frustrated.

Axe
04-21-2021, 10:25 PM
Came up short of another 30-point game after multiple nights. :(

mehyaM24
04-21-2021, 10:33 PM
It was bad but in fairness the wizards defense has been good lately and doubled him all game. He didn't handle it well and looked frustrated.

trolling aside, its why chef is easier to "stop" than scorers like lebron, durant & kawhi. especially in playoff games - where there's better defenses on average and refs allow more contact. one bad game doesn't erase curry's hotstreak though. he was due for a stinker.

Axe
04-21-2021, 10:56 PM
But unlike those three players, he doesn't offset his offensive struggles with better defense against his assignments which is crucial if you think about it and the bigger picture as well. So he's very lucky he's got a stacked team during the dynasty to begin with, where there are multiple guys who can bail him out whenever he's had several bad shooting nights like he usually does in the postseason.

mehyaM24
04-21-2021, 11:26 PM
curry isn't a good defender and nobody will tell you otherwise. ya his scoring/shooting gravity masks some of that, but, again, he's easier to maintain than those other 3. they're bigger in stature, better defenders overall & less reliant on their 3-point shooting.

Axe
04-21-2021, 11:35 PM
In other words, all-around players due to them being skilled forwards. They created some considerable impact in the finals that allowed them to win their respective finals mvps back then. In other words, they're not one-dimensional as curry seems to be.

highwhey
04-21-2021, 11:37 PM
In other words, all-around players due to them being skilled forwards. They created some considerable impact in the finals that allowed them to win their respective finals mvps back then. In other words, they're not one-dimensional as curry seems to be.

in other words, curry doesn't deserve a thread everytime he drops 30pts, especially when he's losing those games half the time

:ohwell:

mehyaM24
04-21-2021, 11:39 PM
curry can pass too. so calling him "one-dimensional" would be silly.

the other 3 have more in their repertoire and do more to impact games. aka all-around

highwhey
04-21-2021, 11:42 PM
curry can pass too - so calling him "one-dimensional" would be silly.the other 3 have more in their repertoire and do more to impact games. aka all-around

thats kinda the point dude. curry has been getting a thread every time he drops 30. like we get it, he's pretty good, but he's a tier or 2 below lebron. i hope klay comes back in full form bc they are a very entertaining team when fully healthy, but it gets annoying seeing a thread when he drops 30. he's in that odd spot where he's had crazy (is having another one) good seasons, historically great in fact...but he's still limited by his lack of other skills. like he's clearly superior to players like lillard, but not as good as bron and a couple others. when he goes off he gives the illusion that he is, but overall, with context, he's not.

Axe
04-21-2021, 11:44 PM
in other words, curry doesn't deserve a thread everytime he drops 30pts, especially when he's losing those games half the time

:ohwell:
But they let him have it for his time of the moment because he's having an excellent individual season this year so far, never mind if his team have a losing record and is still below the last seed atm without their second option. Tho that's an overrated thing to point out nowadays, since they get to play in the losers bracket anyway as long as they finish as either the 9th or 10th seed once this season concludes. Now scoring 30 points or more for at least six games in a row should be enough to him for another orange blimp award, even if he clearly got robbed of it this year. :(

mehyaM24
04-21-2021, 11:49 PM
thats kinda the point dude. curry has been getting a thread every time he drops 30. like we get it, he's pretty good, but he's a tier or 2 below lebron. i hope klay comes back in full form bc they are a very entertaining team when fully healthy, but it gets annoying seeing a thread when he drops 30. he's in that odd spot where he's had crazy (is having another one) good seasons, historically great in fact...but he's still limited by his lack of other skills.

well he's averaged 40ppg over the last 11. if you're a fan of good ball that is damn impressive. wouldnt call chef "2 tiers" below lebron either. ya i would take lebron too but he's arguably the goat lol. i'm objective about it though, so while i acknowledge curry's great scoring, i can also admit that he's limited by physical play. and his defense.

Axe
04-21-2021, 11:50 PM
curry can pass too. so calling him "one-dimensional" would be silly.

the other 3 have more in their repertoire and do more to impact games. aka all-around
Yes he can pass but the big question is, does he elevate his own teammates, many of who are scrubs btw, the same way as other proven names in the league do so? Because i'm not confident enough to say that's the case rn. 27-22 with him playing just doesn't sound convincing enough in a tight western conference these days.

HoopsNY
04-21-2021, 11:53 PM
trolling aside, its why chef is easier to "stop" than scorers like lebron, durant & kawhi. especially in playoff games - where there's better defenses on average and refs allow more contact. one bad game doesn't erase curry's hotstreak though. he was due for a stinker.

Yea, though Steph for his career has averaged 26.5 PPG on 61% TS% in the playoffs. You generally face tougher defensive teams in the playoffs and Steph still lights it up. He's come up short in the finals sometimes and some big spots, but generally he's money.

During this stretch, he's lit up teams like Milwaukee, Philly, and Miami. You can't really stop Steph, you can only hope to slow him down.

HoopsNY
04-21-2021, 11:55 PM
thats kinda the point dude. curry has been getting a thread every time he drops 30. like we get it, he's pretty good, but he's a tier or 2 below lebron. i hope klay comes back in full form bc they are a very entertaining team when fully healthy, but it gets annoying seeing a thread when he drops 30. he's in that odd spot where he's had crazy (is having another one) good seasons, historically great in fact...but he's still limited by his lack of other skills. like he's clearly superior to players like lillard, but not as good as bron and a couple others. when he goes off he gives the illusion that he is, but overall, with context, he's not.

Does anyone seriously rank Steph in the same tier as LeBron, let alone above him? Every all time list we see has him around the top 15, but never top 10 or even top 5 where LeBron is.

mehyaM24
04-22-2021, 12:00 AM
Yes he can pass but the big question is, does he elevate his own teammates, many of who are scrubs btw, the same way as other proven names in the league do so? Because i'm not confident enough to say that's the case rn. 27-22 with him playing just doesn't sound convincing enough in a tight western conference these days.

without your second best player, 27-22 isn't bad in a stacked conference. that's good for a 6 or 7th seed. which would also imply curry elevates his team. to the degree of those other guys? well lebron aside, i'm not sure.

mehyaM24
04-22-2021, 12:04 AM
Yea, though Steph for his career has averaged 26.5 PPG on 61% TS% in the playoffs. You generally face tougher defensive teams in the playoffs and Steph still lights it up. He's come up short in the finals sometimes and some big spots, but generally he's money.

During this stretch, he's lit up teams like Milwaukee, Philly, and Miami. You can't really stop Steph, you can only hope to slow him down.

oh i agree. its not that steph isn't a good playoff performer - he definitely is. my point was that its easier to "stop" (contain would probably be a better word) him than those other scorers. mainly because of their build and overall length. lebron, kd & kawhi can fight through contact and aren't as dependent on the three.

light
04-22-2021, 12:06 AM
14% from 3pt
6 turnovers

:roll::roll::roll:

meh, he just came off a monster run... this game doesn't negate that.

Axe
04-22-2021, 12:12 AM
meh, he just came off a monster run... this game doesn't negate that.
Except he never implied anything like that, lord voldy.

RRR3
04-22-2021, 12:25 AM
Dingo mode.

Axe
04-22-2021, 12:26 AM
without your second best player, 27-22 isn't bad in a stacked conference. that's good for a 6 or 7th seed. which would also imply curry elevates his team. to the degree of those other guys? well lebron aside, i'm not sure.
You think it isn't bad but you can't overlook that there are other less significant players or whatever that loyal curry stan stephonit was calling them turn their teams into winners alongside better records even with worse rosters, like what cp3 is doing rn for the suns when last year, they were just a bubble team who nearly made the playoffs. Also steph curry himself used to confess about carrying teams too. He remembered bran and says he now sees the burden of doing it alone during the first season without klay, who was out due to his torn acl which he got from 2019 finals. But curry lost it when the team went 1-5 in their first six games. Had to resort to using a fake hand injury or something like that as an excuse to duck being exposed as incapable of carrying his team without all-star help. Now tho he's still struggling, even with the likes of oubre, 2nd pick wiseman, payton the second, etc. If only he played in the lesser eastern conference instead, their standings would have been far a lot better but unfortunately that's not the case here. :ohwell:

Smoke117
04-22-2021, 12:34 AM
Steph is straight garbage. I’d much rather have the more talented brother, Seth.

mehyaM24
04-22-2021, 12:35 AM
You think it isn't bad but you can't overlook that there are other less significant players or whatever that loyal curry stan stephonit was calling them turn their teams into winners alongside better records even with worse rosters, like what cp3 is doing rn for the suns when last year, they were just a bubble team who nearly made the playoffs. Also steph curry himself used to confess about carrying teams too. He remembered bran and says he now sees the burden of doing it alone during the first season without klay, who was out due to his torn acl which he got from 2019 finals. But curry lost it when the team went 1-5 in their first six games. Had to resort to using a fake hand injury or something like that as an excuse to duck being exposed as incapable of carrying his team without all-star help. Now tho he's still struggling, even with the likes of oubre, 2nd pick wiseman, payton the second, etc. If only he played in the lesser eastern conference instead, their standings would have been far a lot better but unfortunately that's not the case here. :ohwell:

ya stans say crazy crap. i don't know that posters history so i'll just speak on what we're talking about. we can agree to disagree, but 27-22 is actually pretty good without a legit #2. especially in the west. had klay been healthy, i also think the warriors could have been a darkhorse playoff team. for now though we'll just have to watch them try and make the playoffs.

warriorfan
04-22-2021, 12:46 AM
well he's averaged 40ppg over the last 11. if you're a fan of good ball that is damn impressive. wouldnt call chef "2 tiers" below lebron either. ya i would take lebron too but he's arguably the goat lol. i'm objective about it though, so while i acknowledge curry's great scoring, i can also admit that he's limited by physical play. and his defense.

:roll:

Op getting lonely again.

Ainosterhaspie
04-22-2021, 12:50 AM
If Curry's shot is off, he struggles to impact the game in other ways. Lucky for him those off nights are rare, but the top tier guys have other ways to control the game like being able to force their way to the rim more, do more with passing or playing strong defense. Curry doesn't have something to fall back on and that limits him compared to other top level players.

imdaman99
04-22-2021, 02:53 AM
Even if curry is off, he impacts the game, what are y'all talking about? :biggums:

The rest of the team played well enough minus Wiggins :lol oubre and poole killed it

Russ knows how to guard him

RRR3
04-22-2021, 03:21 AM
Even if curry is off, he impacts the game, what are y'all talking about? :biggums:

The rest of the team played well enough minus Wiggins :lol oubre and poole killed it

Russ knows how to guard him
Tell your guy to remember how to shoot FTs this shit is embarrassing.

Stephonit
04-22-2021, 03:42 PM
Does anyone seriously rank Steph in the same tier as LeBron, let alone above him? Every all time list we see has him around the top 15, but never top 10 or even top 5 where LeBron is.

A lot of dunces going on about longevity.

If Curry's shot is off, he struggles to impact the game in other ways. Lucky for him those off nights are rare, but the top tier guys have other ways to control the game like being able to force their way to the rim more, do more with passing or playing strong defense. Curry doesn't have something to fall back on and that limits him compared to other top level players.

Sounds good in theory but not really workable in practice.

Let's say Steph is missing some shots early. Should the coach of the opposite team say "Great! He's having an off night, no need to guard him anymore!" Of course not. You leave him unattended for even a short while and he can come to life and incinerate you. Your premise that when his shot is off he struggles to impact the game is therefore off.

Now tho he's still struggling, even with the likes of oubre, 2nd pick wiseman, payton the second, etc. If only he played in the lesser eastern conference instead, their standings would have been far a lot better but unfortunately that's not the case here. :ohwell:

Who knew Axe could actually say something coherent that gets to the heart of the matter? Yes! You hit the nail on the head. Oubre and especially Wiseman have been bad. They probably would have made the team worse than the one the Warriors had last year that finished last if it wasn't for Steph. Payton the Younger is a G-League player. Playing with a team full of G-League players in the NBA likely leads to struggling.

KirbyPls
04-22-2021, 03:55 PM
Was this Saint Stephan's ninth or tenth regular season basketball miracle?

Stephonit
04-22-2021, 04:02 PM
Was this Saint Stephan's ninth or tenth regular season basketball miracle?

If you know anything about saints you'd know they often had to go through trials and tribulations on their way to sainthood.

KirbyPls
04-22-2021, 04:02 PM
If you know anything about saints you'd know they often had to go through trials and tribulations on their way to sainthood.

Raised Catholic, so good point. :lol

Well done.

Bronbron23
04-22-2021, 04:35 PM
Not a fan of curry but gotta give dude a pass for shit game after going super sayin for a couple weeks.

ImKobe
04-22-2021, 05:16 PM
This was expected, jump shooters have off-nights.

Axe
04-22-2021, 07:26 PM
Who knew Axe could actually say something coherent that gets to the heart of the matter? Yes! You hit the nail on the head. Oubre and especially Wiseman have been bad. They probably would have made the team worse than the one the Warriors had last year that finished last if it wasn't for Steph. Payton the Younger is a G-League player. Playing with a team full of G-League players in the NBA likely leads to struggling.
Long story short it just seems your hero needs moar help to make the 8th seed or above, my obsessed friend. :ohwell:

Axe
04-22-2021, 07:38 PM
ya stans say crazy crap. i don't know that posters history so i'll just speak on what we're talking about. we can agree to disagree, but 27-22 is actually pretty good without a legit #2. especially in the west. had klay been healthy, i also think the warriors could have been a darkhorse playoff team. for now though we'll just have to watch them try and make the playoffs.
Well he could have done a better job tho. 35-15 would be a reasonable expectation in 50 games with him. That would currently put them at 5th seed in the west at least, even if the team is 1-7 or something like that without him. But in the postseason, it's a different story. They're going nowhere near the finals sans klay because of tough competition. It'd take curry a roster of playoff veterans for that purpose and i bet anyone knows the team he has rn is a very far cry from that even with the presence of the remaining core (curry, klay and donkey).

mehyaM24
04-22-2021, 10:52 PM
Well he could have done a better job tho. 35-15 would be a reasonable expectation in 50 games with him. That would currently put them at 5th seed in the west at least, even if the team is 1-7 or something like that without him. But in the postseason, it's a different story. They're going nowhere near the finals sans klay because of tough competition. It'd take curry a roster of playoff veterans for that purpose and i bet anyone knows the team he has rn is a very far cry from that even with the presence of the remaining core (curry, klay and donkey).

those numbers don't checkout. 35-15 is roughly a 70% winning rate, which is good for 3rd out west. 27-22 is a 64% winning rate and would be good for 5th - or what you say is a "reasonable" expectation. so without klay we both agree curry is where he should be. with klay though it would be cool to see them make a run.

RRR3
04-22-2021, 10:55 PM
those numbers don't checkout. 35-15 is roughly a 70% winning rate, which is good for 3rd out west. 27-22 is a 64% winning rate and would be good for 5th - or what you say is a "reasonable" expectation. so without klay we both agree curry is where he should be. with klay though it would be cool to see them make a run.
27-22 is a 55% rate dafuq

Axe
04-22-2021, 10:55 PM
But with all other things considered, they are currently sitting at the 9th seed tho due to their losing record. However, that will be good enough for the losers bracket... i mean the play-ins later.

mehyaM24
04-22-2021, 11:07 PM
27-22 is a 55% rate dafuq

ya i meant 54, but you're right. its 55%. still around the 5th seed. but, thinking curry wins 70% of his games, without klay, is not realistic. that's a better win rate than the clippers - who are 3rd currently.

mehyaM24
04-22-2021, 11:13 PM
But with all other things considered, they are currently sitting at the 9th seed tho due to their losing record. However, that will be good enough for the losers bracket... i mean the play-ins later.

of course. but without curry they are 1-7. with him they're 27-22, which is roughly the 5th seed and where the dubs would probably be at.