PDA

View Full Version : Petition to put both Embiid and Jokic on 1st team All-NBA

tanibanana
04-22-2021, 01:41 AM
I know the tradition, should only be 1 Center.
But its been ages we saw 2-Centers in the top-3 / top-5 players in a season.
Both has argument to win MVP.

All-NBA 1st Team:

PG: Curry
SG: Harden
SF: Tatum
C: Embiid
C: Jokic

Smoke117
04-22-2021, 01:46 AM
Tatum has zero chance at making first team all nba. He isn't going to get it over someone like Kawhi.

AussieSteve
04-22-2021, 01:56 AM
They will both be on it. They do 3 front court and 2 back court players these days, so 2 Cs is perfectly fine

Smoke117
04-22-2021, 02:10 AM
Also hard to see Curry on the first team. They generally take winning into account. Also, Harden has been labeled a pg so it's not hard to see him being the one as the first team all nba pg. If not him then I could see Lillard or Luka over Curry. Jokic and Embiid should both be first team, though. I do agree with that. Likely the backcourt will be two guys labeled as pg's as they have just been better than any SG's as far as putting up numbers and winning. You got guys like Beal and Lavine, but their teams suck.

imdaman99
04-22-2021, 02:55 AM
Did LeBron miss too many games? Why are y'all leaving him off?

light
04-22-2021, 03:23 AM
I know the tradition, should only be 1 Center.
But its been ages we saw 2-Centers in the top-3 / top-5 players in a season.
Both has argument to win MVP.

All-NBA 1st Team:

PG: Curry
SG: Harden
SF: Tatum
C: Embiid
C: Jokic

LeBron is going to be on the 1st team. He also has an argument to win MVP.

LeBron and Harden have played the same amount of games and both have played more games than Embiid.

Sulico
04-22-2021, 04:15 AM
Very good thread until I saw Jason Tatum on the 1st team

HBK_Kliq_2
04-22-2021, 04:18 AM
1st team: Damian Lillard, Paul George, Kawhi Leonard, Joel Embiid, Jokic

2nd team: Chris Paul, james harden, LeBron james, Gobert, Giannis

3rd team: Trae Young, Devin Booker, Jimmy Butler, Julius Randle, Clint Capella

Sulico
04-22-2021, 05:01 AM

Really? Paul George 1st team All-NBA?

24th in PER/34th in Win Shares/17th in BPM/20th in VORP.

You are very unbiased and honest man.

2much_knowledge
04-22-2021, 06:02 AM
They should include both. I just wonder about the SF position. I wonder if Pg13 can make it if he plays like this for the next 11 games

2much_knowledge
04-22-2021, 06:03 AM
LeBron is going to be on the 1st team. He also has an argument to win MVP.

LeBron and Harden have played the same amount of games and both have played more games than Embiid.

Is there ever a topic where you don't talk about lebron? Honest question

Wally450
04-22-2021, 10:06 AM
Very good thread until I saw Jason Tatum on the 1st team

I agree. He's been good, but not 1st team good. I'd give him 2nd team though.

HBK_Kliq_2
04-22-2021, 09:53 PM
Really? Paul George 1st team All-NBA?

24th in PER/34th in Win Shares/17th in BPM/20th in VORP.

You are very unbiased and honest man.

Kawhi has finally turned him into an elite player. He's top 5 in advanced stats like RAPTOR, high on espn RPM if you like that, on the goat offense as the 2nd star and having a career year next to Kawhi.

HBK_Kliq_2
04-22-2021, 09:54 PM
Simmons takes 3 days off and Embiid goes 0-3 hahahaha what an MVP

RRR3
04-22-2021, 09:57 PM
Simmons takes 3 days off and Embiid goes 0-3 hahahaha what an MVP
Kaclonk went 0-3 after getting a 3-1 lead.

MavAlbert
04-22-2021, 10:21 PM

no Luka?

LMAO

PeroAntic
04-22-2021, 10:28 PM
I don't care about record, Zach Lavine should get a nod for all NBA. That efficiency at that difficulty for a whole season is insane.

Xiao Yao You
04-22-2021, 11:51 PM
I don't care about record, Zach Lavine should get a nod for all NBA. That efficiency at that difficulty for a whole season is insane.

You'd have a hard time cheering for your guys if you cared about record

PeroAntic
04-23-2021, 05:02 PM
You'd have a hard time cheering for your guys if you cared about record
So when it comes to Rose its individual stats that matter, not record, and for Lavine is the opposite? Hypocrite.

Anyway Towns made all team with the Wolves having a worse record. One player can only do so much. Zach's numbers are historic, and when you combine that with the beauty of his game, for me its an obvious choice.

Xiao Yao You
04-23-2021, 05:27 PM
So when it comes to Rose its individual stats that matter, not record, and for Lavine is the opposite? Hypocrite.

Anyway Towns made all team with the Wolves having a worse record. One player can only do so much. Zach's numbers are historic, and when you combine that with the beauty of his game, for me its an obvious choice.

Rose helped Detroit to be one of the worst teams in the league. He's right there with Zach. Knicks are winning because of their coach not Rose. Towns is empty stats and shouldn't have made it.

PeroAntic
04-23-2021, 05:32 PM
Rose helped Detroit to be one of the worst teams in the league. He's right there with Zach. Knicks are winning because of their coach not Rose. Towns is empty stats and shouldn't have made it.
Every team is winning or losing because of their coach you dummy. Its about how you make use of your players, otherwise Toody would be out there shooting threes under someone who has no clue. And yes, sometimes teams are really bad and one player can't do anything by himself.

Smoke117
04-23-2021, 05:37 PM

Towns made 3rd team (which nobody even cares about) when they won 47 games, dumb ass. The Bulls are 9 games under .500.

Xiao Yao You
04-23-2021, 06:06 PM
Every team is winning or losing because of their coach you dummy. Its about how you make use of your players, otherwise Toody would be out there shooting threes under someone who has no clue. And yes, sometimes teams are really bad and one player can't do anything by himself.

The Jazz were really bad and than Gobert emerged and than they weren't pretty much immediately. One guy can make a huge difference depending on the guy especially in the east where it's up for grabs after the first few teams. Lavine hasn't been that guy obviously

Xiao Yao You
04-23-2021, 06:06 PM
Towns made 3rd team (which nobody even cares about) when they won 47 games, dumb ass. The Bulls are 9 games under .500.

thank you Jimmy Butler now please go away because you're mean! :roll:

kawhileonard2
06-04-2022, 11:48 PM
Agreed!