PDA

View Full Version : It's time to admit the 16' Warriors weren't that good & simply had strategy because..

3ball
04-22-2021, 11:55 AM
Klay doesn't turn this borderline playoff team into a 73-win team, so it was just the strategy edge that the league caught up to.

The 16' Warriors style is now the league standard

So Curry is just a 3-point shooter that benefits from the format and the 16' Warriors weren't that good - they just had a short-lived strategy edge and needed KD to actually win

Btw, don't pretend the other pieces like Harrison Barnes were the difference.. system bums like Dray and other role players thrived under the new strategy advantage but now look bummy without the strategy edge

tpols
04-22-2021, 12:04 PM
They are also missing Bogut (playoff blocks leader and best defensive metrics in the NBA at the time), Iggy and much better role players ~ Livingston, Barbosa, etc. Plus Curry was playing 80 games back then, he's already missed 8 games this year in a shortened season. It was their chemistry though that made them special. They dont have any chemistry right now.

Another note dray was playing way better back then. He was scoring triple the amount of points in 2016 compared to this year which is very strange since they need it more now than ever. His scoring ability just fell off a cliff since that year for no discernable reason. He still gets the same open looks off curry doubles, but always passes even if he has a wide open look he'll dish it to somebody whose covered. I guess when klay was there that worked but with oubre, bazemore, and wiggins it doesn't work because they suck at shooting 3s compared to him.

HBK_Kliq_2
04-22-2021, 12:08 PM
They are just a well balanced team. Similar to why those 2008 Celtics were so good.

Two goat level shooters in curry/klay and two goat level defenders in draymond/iggy all in their primes. Draymond is a great passer and is like the Kevin Garnett of the team, while curry/klay are Paul pierce and ray allen.

People exaggerate how good curry is for sure though. He needs the perfect team around him. Look at him this season, he's a pathetic 10th seed all season.

But Durant played with an MVP in Westbrook who was just as impactful on the advanced stats as him while they played together from 2014-2016 and still won jack shit.

3ball
04-22-2021, 12:09 PM
They are also missing Bogut (playoff blocks leader and best defensive metrics in the NBA at the time), Iggy and much better role players ~ Livingston, Barbosa, etc. Plus Curry was playing 80 games back then, he's already missed 8 games this year in a shortened season. It was their chemistry though that made them special. They dont have any chemistry right now.

Another note dray was playing way better back then. He was scoring triple the amount of points in 2016 compared to this year which is very strange since they need it more now than ever. His scoring ability just fell off a cliff since that year for no discernable reason. He still gets the same open looks off curry doubles, but always passes even if he has a wide open look he'll dish it to somebody whose covered. I guess when klay was there that worked but with oubre, bazemore, and wiggins it doesn't work because they suck at shooting 3s compared to him.

Gimme a break

when people try to lionize some 8 ppg player to make their point - it's a weak, losing argument

And everyone on that team was playing better because they had a strategy edge.. so of course a system bum like Dray would look better... So again, it was just a strategy edge

Bronbron23
04-22-2021, 12:11 PM
Klay doesn't turn this borderline playoff team into a 73-win team, so it was just the strategy edge that the league caught up to.

So Curry is just a 3-point shooter that benefits from the format and the 16' Warriors weren't that good - they just had a short-lived strategy edge and needed KD to actually win

Btw, don't pretend the other pieces like Harrison Barnes were the difference

I don't know man. Yeah the league has adjusted since then so that definitely plays a part. That team was pretty good though. Klay definitely makes a huge difference on both ends. Draymond was also much better in 16 and there bench was also much better. That 16 team in 2021 is still the best regular season team in the league. They don't get 73 wins though and they probably still lose to lakers or clips.

3ball
04-22-2021, 12:16 PM
I don't know man. Yeah the league has adjusted since then so that definitely plays a part. That team was pretty good though. Klay definitely makes a huge difference on both ends. Draymond was also much better in 16 and there bench was also much better. That 16 team in 2021 is still the best regular season team in the league. They don't get 73 wins though and they probably still lose to lakers or clips.

Indeed, once the strategy edge wore off, Dray and other role players look like the bummy players they are

So your point that system bums like Dray and other role players thrived under the new strategy advantage only makes my point that it was just a short-lived strategy edge

GrayGoat
04-22-2021, 12:18 PM
LeBron won because he can do everything really well. You notice now the league is shifting to players being good at multiple things. Example: Celtics forcing and encouraging Tatum and brown to have more playmaking duties

tpols
04-22-2021, 12:18 PM
Of course having iggy and bogut mattered. You saw what happened when they got hurt... LeBron and Kyrie put up Wilt lines after being shut down in the first 4 games which you have constantly referenced ~ LeBron scored only 24 ppg w/ 6 TO's and then they lost dray, bogut, and iggy pulled his back leaving the game. How could that not matter?

And the offense was a much better machine, they lost a ton of high IQ players. Dray is getting the same looks he got in 2016 today, he's just not taking the shots. His offense has totally regressed on its own merit.

SouBeachTalents
04-22-2021, 12:19 PM
I'd like to see OP explain this

https://i.ibb.co/vm2y4Fy/1.jpg

I'd like to see how many teams in history have ever put together a run like that, let alone one missing a top 2-3 player in the league

Bronbron23
04-22-2021, 12:20 PM
Indeed, once the strategy edge wore off, Dray and other role players look like the bummy players they are

So your point that system bums like Dray and other role players thrived under the new strategy advantage only makes my point that it was just a short-lived strategy edge

I don't think that's the case with dray though. It's not new strategy is stopping him. Dude is literally left wide open a thousand times a game. He just can't shoot anymore. He used to hit wide open threes consistently enough to where you couldn't just leave him open all the time.

Not sure who the other players your talking about are. Steph is still killing it and klay woukd be too if he was playing. Who else is really left?

3ball
04-22-2021, 12:20 PM

https://ibb.co/3Wt6m36

I'd like to see how many teams in history have ever put together a run like that, let alone one missing a top 2-3 player in the league

You must not think strategy exists

It does exist, and when 1 team has a monopoly on the best strategy, they will look amazing

Bums like Dray will thrive and look great

But once that strategy edge is gone - it's gone and now the Warriors are a pedestrian, ordinary team

Curry's still good though - it's his gimmick/format the league is using

tpols
04-22-2021, 12:21 PM

Yup and that was after the league caught up. KD turned them into AAU style and when he would leave they would revert back to GOAT teamwork.

3ball
04-22-2021, 12:25 PM
Yup and that was after the league caught up. KD turned them into AAU style and when he would leave they would revert back to GOAT teamwork.

Strategy doesn't need talent to win

That's the whole point

It shouldn't surprise anyone that the first-movers in the 3-point game looked amazing regardless who was out there..

Or maybe you think klay can actually go 31-1 by himself

Smoke117
04-22-2021, 12:26 PM
1-9

GrayGoat
04-22-2021, 12:26 PM

KD made it so LeBron doesn’t 3-peat

Bronbron23
04-22-2021, 12:28 PM

How many teams had the best team in the league and then added the second best player in the league? It's almost like mj's bulls getting olajuwon or something. Of course they could then lose him and still almost go undefeated.

tpols
04-22-2021, 12:32 PM
I think people forget Dray wouldve been FMVP if they didnt lose by a hair. He was out there dropping 30+ point games in a low scoring Finals Game 7. Its amazing the offensive decline he's gone through. 5 ppg lmao.

SouBeachTalents
04-22-2021, 12:33 PM
How many teams had the best team in the league and then added the second best player in the league? It's almost like mj's bulls getting olajuwon or something. Of course they could then lose him and still almost go undefeated.
Regardless, it completely debunks OP's claims since this takes into account 2017-19, when the league had absolutely caught up to and emulated the Warriors style of play. They did that with worse depth than 2016 and a declining Dray

mehyaM24
04-22-2021, 12:36 PM
they were that good, and would've won the entire thing had dray not been suspended. not an excuse, but it is what it is.

3ball
04-22-2021, 12:40 PM

It shouldn't surprise anyone that the first-movers in the 3-point game looked amazing regardless who was out there..

Strategy doesn't need talent to win.. That's the whole point..

And role players or system bums will always look much better while the strategy edge exists, and then look bummy once the edge is gone

Curry's still good though - it's his gimmic or format the league is using.. he wouldn't look bummy unless you removed the 3-point line, or removed today's 3-point strategy that gets him 10+ attempts a game.. he was a 19 ppg scorer for 3 straight years at 5 attempts before his attempts skyrocketed under the current 3-point format

ShawkFactory
04-22-2021, 12:42 PM
I think people forget Dray wouldve been FMVP if they didnt lose by a hair. He was out there dropping 30+ point games in a low scoring Finals Game 7. Its amazing the offensive decline he's gone through. 5 ppg lmao.

People also forget how strong the bench was, particularly in 2015. Obviously Iggy was technically off the bench, although he was clearly a better player than Barnes, which is why he started after a couple games in the finals. So idk if that really counts.

But guys like Livingston, Barbosa, Speights, and David Lee were all solid offensively. Most nights the weren't really tasked with doing much, but they were certainly capable if Steph or Klay were off.

1987_Lakers
04-22-2021, 12:43 PM
Didnt they make the Finals in 2019 without Durant?

It's time for OP to admit he was wrong about Oubre

3ball
04-22-2021, 12:45 PM
People also forget how strong the bench was, particularly in 2015. Obviously Iggy was technically off the bench, although he was clearly a better player than Barnes, which is why he started after a couple games in the finals. So idk if that really counts.

But guys like Livingston, Barbosa, Speights, and David Lee were all solid offensively. Most nights the weren't really tasked with doing much, but they were certainly capable if Steph or Klay were off.

You guys are making my point by saying how great everyone looked during the strategy edge, and how much worse they look now that the edge is gone

Bronbron23
04-22-2021, 12:46 PM
Regardless, it completely debunks OP's claims since this takes into account 2017-19, when the league had absolutely caught up to and emulated the Warriors style of play. They did that with worse depth than 2016 and a declining Dray

Yeah Don't disagree with that

3ball
04-22-2021, 12:47 PM

The league didn't catch up by 2017

It took longer than that

Klay can't go 31-1 without a strategy edge.. he isn't goat

1987_Lakers
04-22-2021, 12:49 PM

Yea, bench was really strong in 2015 & 2016. Then they beat a Houston team with Harden/CP3 in 2019 with a weaker bench and no KD. The whole "league caught up to them" is nonsense. They were just a team with amazing chemistry that eventually lost some pieces and dealt with injuries. Klay is 100x better than Wiggins and Oubre.

ShawkFactory
04-22-2021, 12:50 PM
You guys are making my point by saying how great everyone looked during the strategy edge, and how much worse they look now that the edge is gone

You realize the year I was referencing was 6 years ago right :lol

Every single person that I mentioned is either retired or playing light minutes off the bench somewhere else.

Iggy was 31. Lee was 31. Livingston was 30. Barbosa was 32.

Again...that was their age 6 years ago.

3ball
04-22-2021, 12:50 PM
Yea, bench was really strong in 2015 & 2016. Then they beat a Houston team with Harden/CP3 in 2019 with a weaker bench and no KD. The whole "league caught up to them" is nonsense. They were just a team with amazing chemistry that eventually lost some pieces and dealt with injuries. Klay is 100x better than Wiggins and Oubre.

Yes the bench looks really strong with a strategy edge

They look much worse now without it

Thanks for making the point of the thread

SouBeachTalents
04-22-2021, 12:51 PM

Yep, look at the first 2 games of the 2016 Finals, Curry & Klay score 20 then 35 points COMBINED and the Warriors win both games in complete blowouts

1987_Lakers
04-22-2021, 12:52 PM
Yes the bench looks really strong with a strategy edge

They look much worse now without it

Thanks for making the point of the thread

Why didnt that strategy edge make the bench look good in 2019 but the Warriors still beat Harden and CP3 and made the Finals? Thanks for making my point.

ShawkFactory
04-22-2021, 12:54 PM
Yep, look at the first 2 games of the 2016 Finals, Curry & Klay score 20 then 35 points COMBINED and the Warriors win both games in complete blowouts

I remember Livingston had like 20 in game 1. Probably had 12 in the second quarter when Curry and Klay were on the bench.

tpols
04-22-2021, 12:57 PM

Yea I mentioned that. I was pretty shocked to see the current warriors are 2nd in team assists this year. They're assisting on the same level as the 80s Lakers or Celtics right now.... The only difference between then and now is they are middle of the pack in 3pt % now while they were runaway #1 in 2016. So Klay certainly wouldve helped that tremendously.

HBK_Kliq_2
04-22-2021, 01:03 PM

Draymond Green led the playoffs in defensive win shares 4 seasons in a row. He's the only player to do that in the last 50 years. That's no bum, unless he's just not your type of player and you also think Kevin Garnett is a bum.

HBK_Kliq_2
04-22-2021, 01:34 PM

You don't even have to go back that far. Just in 2019, Draymond was warriors best player in the 2nd round vs Harden/Paul. While curry missed like 7 different layups and Durant was sitting out half the series for injury. Go back and watch the series if you don't believe me. Draymond had 6 different triple doubles in the 2019 playoffs. He's playoff Draymond.

Smoke117
04-22-2021, 01:42 PM
You don't even have to go back that far. Just in 2019, Draymond was warriors best player in the 2nd round vs Harden/Paul. While curry missed like 7 different layups and Durant was sitting out half the series for injury. Go back and watch the series if you don't believe me. Draymond had 6 different triple doubles in the 2019 playoffs. He's playoff Draymond.

And here’s the clown who thinks Iggy was a better player on the Warriors than Curry. :oldlol:

ralph_i_el
04-22-2021, 01:48 PM
Oh, so what you are saying is that MJ played in an era with subpar strategy and tactics AND expansion teams. Sounds like he had an extremely easy route to rings.

3ball
04-22-2021, 01:59 PM
Draymond Green led the playoffs in defensive win shares 4 seasons in a row. He's the only player to do that in the last 50 years. That's no bum, unless he's just not your type of player and you also think Kevin Garnett is a bum.

Kevin Garnett was an elite 1st option that could carry a team and offense.

Don't compare him to a role player like Draymond.

If you're giving credence to defensive win share, then you have to look at WS/48 (total win share), where Draymond ranks between 4th and 9th on his own team.. His usage further demonstrates his role (role player).

The Warriors had their chance to prove they could win without KD in 2019, but they lost despite Dray not getting suspended and Klay/Curry were dominating veterans that had the best Finals of their career.

Ultimately, the 2016 Finals proved the Warriors were just a system team that lacked the shot-creator needed to break the stalemate.. Kyrie broke the stalemate, so the Warriors needed to get a shot-creator of their own (kd)

SouBeachTalents
04-22-2021, 02:05 PM

If you're giving credence to defensive win share, then you have to look at WS/48 (total win share), where Draymond ranks between 4th and 9th on his own team.. His usage further demonstrates his role (role player).

The Warriors had their chance to prove they could win without KD in 2019, but they lost despite Dray not getting suspended and Klay/Curry were dominating veterans that had the best Finals of their career.

Ultimately, the 2016 Finals proved the Warriors were just a system team that lacked the shot-creator needed to break the stalemate.. Kyrie broke the stalemate, so the Warriors needed to get a shot-creator of their own (kd)
Yeah, Klay didn't miss a significant chunk of time in 2019 or anything. And yes, the Warriors proved by losing in the literal final minute of Game 7 of the Finals they needed a top 3 player in the league :lol They could've never made up that one or two play difference they lost by without him

HBK_Kliq_2
04-22-2021, 02:15 PM

But Garnett was never efficient as a #1 option scorer in playoffs during his twolves days and his offense always took a major decline. He was best used during the Celtics 2008 run, their finals win he was 3rd option scorer and had 48% TS.

Warriors still won a title in 2015 without Durant, while Durant has never won anything without them. They also beat Durant in the 2016 west finals. What has Durant done without warriors? Absolutely nothing.

HBK_Kliq_2
04-22-2021, 02:18 PM
https://youtu.be/mH4fUXxDOzQ

3ball chasing that farewell tour. ISH don't love you like that.

dawsey6
04-22-2021, 02:25 PM
If the '16 Warriors weren't all that great and it was just strategy, then why couldn't anyone else beat them?

Why is it that no one else caught up to their super special strategy but the Cavs?

And why is it, if it's really about the strategy, that they couldn't win a critical game 5 without Draymond?

And who cares? They were the winningest team ever. Aside from winning it all, they cleaned the league. And LeBron beat them. That's their legacy.

This guy...tryna to play Steph like a 2k Steve Kerr cheat strategy...
I'd have my point guard shoot 11 3's a game too if he made 45% of them. You can't just "strategize" that.

tpols
04-22-2021, 02:32 PM
Yeah, Klay didn't miss a significant chunk of time in 2019 or anything. And yes, the Warriors proved by losing in the literal final minute of Game 7 of the Finals they needed a top 3 player in the league :lol They could've never made up that one or two play difference they lost by without him

Great insight.... 1 ****ing play goes their way and theyre totally validated. It doesn't and they suck and need MVP help. This is after already winning 67 games and a ring the year before. Word.

Lebron23
04-22-2021, 02:35 PM
If the '16 Warriors weren't all that great and it was just strategy, then why couldn't anyone else beat them?

Why is it that no one else caught up to their super special strategy but the Cavs?

And why is it, if it's really about the strategy, that they couldn't win a critical game 5 without Draymond?

And who cares? They were the winningest team ever. Aside from winning it all, they cleaned the league. And LeBron beat them. That's their legacy.

This guy...tryna to play Steph like a 2k Steve Kerr cheat strategy...
I'd have my point guard shoot 11 3's a game too if he made 45% of them. You can't just "strategize" that.

His 1998 chicago bulls almost lost to the 1998 indiana pacers. A team that was not a better team than any of the Warriors team from.2015 to 2019

8Ball
04-22-2021, 02:41 PM
73 wins > 72 wins.

Deal with it.

HBK_Kliq_2
04-22-2021, 02:42 PM
And here’s the clown who thinks Iggy was a better player on the Warriors than Curry. :oldlol:

What's so special about him?

2015 - iggy won finals mvp

2016 - draymond carries curry in the finals and they still lose. Curry chokes

2017/2018 - Durant finals mvps

2019 - draymond is best player vs Harden/Paul and then curry chokes in finals again

Stephonit
04-22-2021, 03:10 PM
What's so special about him?

2015 - iggy won finals mvp

2016 - draymond carries curry in the finals and they still lose. Curry chokes

2017/2018 - Durant finals mvps

2019 - draymond is best player vs Harden/Paul and then curry chokes in finals again

In all the above cases Curry drew the attention so that they could be open. You think the Cavaliers are going to guard Draymond over Curry? Isn't that what they should do if Draymond was really the better player? Tank commander of a 15-win team Draymond is probably bound for the Hall of Fame due to his good fortune in landing Steph as a teammate.

Steph created points for these guys that he gets no credit for. Remember that next time you compare stats. Take a quarter of Draymond's offensive stats and add them to Curry's and you get a closer approximation of what Steph really does.

hateraid
04-22-2021, 04:40 PM
I actually agree with OP. Replace Curry, Klay, and Draymond with Hersey Hawkins, Larry Hughes, and Zydrunas Ilgaskus. Now THAT'S a superteam

StrongLurk
04-22-2021, 04:43 PM
OP would kill himself if he ever was permanently banned from "talking basketball" online.

NBAGOAT
04-22-2021, 05:46 PM
3ball cant even get tpols on his side when it comes to curry lol. Response here is simple dray was so much better in 2016 when he was an all-nba caliber player to what he is now which is a nice starter. he has very little value offensively now and though still good is no longer a dpoy level guy. Losing klay is only half of it, oubre is also a net negative. Wiggins has been a pleasant surprise but still not a big positive player, iggy was significantly more impactful.

The overlooked thing in this thread also is that wiseman is a huge negative because he's so young. 3ball doesnt watch any games so he thinks he's been good scoring 11.5 in 20 min but that's deceiving. He's part of all their worst lineups and kind of clueless on both ends.

The difference between him and bogut is comical but even if warriors just played mostly looney, that would help a lot. for steph's sake, I think they should consider a wiseman trade for a more proven center though he has a lot of potential(christian wood is a good idea and cheap)

And1AllDay
04-22-2021, 06:04 PM
yes they were not they good

they just broke all the records and won 73 games magically

:oldlol: :oldlol:

SouBeachTalents
04-22-2021, 06:13 PM
yes they were not they good

they just broke all the records and won 73 games magically

:oldlol: :oldlol:
Yep, had nothing to do with how good the team was, it was all thanks to

https://media.giphy.com/media/26hkhHMHwnnUqL8TC/giphy.gif

ralph_i_el
04-22-2021, 07:29 PM
MJ famously never benefited from advanced strategy and coaching :hammerhead:

Manny98
04-22-2021, 07:41 PM
Curry only needed Klay and Dray to win 73 :bowdown:

Axe
04-22-2021, 07:48 PM
I actually agree with OP. Replace Curry, Klay, and Draymond with Hersey Hawkins, Larry Hughes, and Zydrunas Ilgaskus. Now THAT'S a superteam
You shouldn't forget about the great mo williams and boobie gibson here.

sdot_thadon
04-22-2021, 11:21 PM
You shouldn't forget about the great mo williams and boobie gibson here.

And ancient Ray Allen!!!!

1987_Lakers
11-20-2021, 02:27 PM

Btw, don't pretend the other pieces like Harrison Barnes were the difference.. system bums like Dray and other role players thrived under the new strategy advantage but now look bummy without the strategy edge

lol

HBK_Kliq_2
11-20-2021, 02:31 PM
The Curry\Draymond warriors are who we thought they were. They probably dominate the 90s like Jordan\Pippen did because they wouldn't have to play a Kawhi Leonard in the finals.

Durant is just a coward who jumped on the bandwagon, it would be like shaq signing with bulls after 1996 hahahahaha

SouBeachTalents
11-20-2021, 02:55 PM
5 months later, Curry goes from just a 3 point specialist who NEEDS Durant to win championships to a top 5 player of all time and ranked higher than KD :lol

He managed to even top his Giannis flip flop, no easy task

ELITEpower23
11-20-2021, 05:03 PM
73 beats 72

3ba11
11-20-2021, 05:48 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?499177-My-top-10-(supercedes-all-previous-rankings-for-reference-purposes-going-forward)

Most of you guys don't even have him in your top 10... :yaohappy:

AirBonner
11-20-2021, 05:55 PM
3ball has an awful lot of current players in his top 10. Not a good look for MJ’s competition

Axe
11-20-2021, 10:30 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?499177-My-top-10-(supercedes-all-previous-rankings-for-reference-purposes-going-forward)

Most of you guys don't even have him in your top 10... :yaohappy:
Pretty sure the gerbil was around top 50 in your list or so not more than a year ago.

3ba11
11-20-2021, 10:49 PM
Pretty sure the gerbil was around top 50 in your list or so not more than a year ago.

Think how much I've improved.... :pimp:

How much have you improved... :kobe:

Axe
11-20-2021, 10:54 PM
Think how much I've improved.... :pimp:

How much have you improved... :kobe:
You mean the way you keep on deceiving us? Ah ok. :durantunimpressed:

3ba11
11-20-2021, 11:02 PM
You mean the way you keep on deceiving us? Ah ok. :durantunimpressed:

No, I've actually improved.... as in I provided criteria for my top 10, which you won't see anyone do

For example, we saw Melo make the top 75 because of scoring prowess despite never winning jack shit, while Pippen made it because of ring count and not scoring (the opposite of what Melo made it for)...

Then Lillard is chosen for no reason over Kyrie, who actually won and had historic performance against the only unanimous league MVP in history - whereas I believe Curry destroyed Lillard but I have to go check..

So there was zero criteria for anyone's list, while I provided clear-cut criteria for mine, aka only players that know how to win should be included (organic) - that's a pretty good criteria right?... Knowing how to win matters right?... And then of course guys that can carry teams without super-teams or 1b's (10 ppg more than teammates in PO & Finals).

1987_Lakers
11-20-2021, 11:03 PM
So LeBron beat a 73 win team and a top 5 player ever in '16. Got it.

ShawkFactory
11-20-2021, 11:06 PM
No, I've actually improved.... as in I provided criteria for my top 10, which you won't see anyone do

For example, we saw Melo make the top 75 because of scoring prowess despite never winning jack shit, while Pippen made it because of ring count and not scoring (the opposite of what Melo made it for)...

Then Lillard is chosen for no reason over Kyrie, who actually won and had historic performance against the only unanimous league MVP in history - whereas I believe Curry destroyed Lillard but I have to go check..

So there was zero criteria for anyone's list, while I provided clear-cut criteria for mine, aka only players that know how to win should be included (organic) - that's a pretty good criteria right?... Knowing how to win matters right?... And then of course guys that can carry teams without super-teams or 1b's (10 ppg more than teammates in PO & Finals).

Aka: I’m a 40 something year old who’s been raped so many times on an Internet forum that I changed so much to continue getting the clicks because I adore the attention.

3ba11
11-20-2021, 11:08 PM
So LeBron beat a 73 win team and a top 5 player ever in '16. Got it.

Yes and this top 5 player is ranked above Lebron because of the following factors:

1) Lebron only knows how to team-hop, while Curry knows how to WIN (organic)... The latter requires adjusting to young teammates and developing them, which is possible for elite jumpshooters that allow the ball to move, and tougher for ball-dominators that reduce everyone to spot-up roles..

2) Curry can carry teams, aka without super-teams or 1b's (10 ppg more than teammates in PO & Finals while winning a ring)... Curry can carry the scoring load on the Finals level because elite jumpshooting skill is a more viable way of scoring than ball-dominance, which wins less at high scoring volumes.

3) Curry's elite jumpshooting skill yields far better teams with less help, aka higher team ceilings/Finals records

4) Curry had greater impact on the game of basketball than Lebron and the way it's played.. Jordan turned it from a big man's game to a perimeter player's game, while Curry turned it from 2's to 3's.

MavAlbert
11-20-2021, 11:25 PM
Strategy doesn't need talent to win

That's the whole point

so then LBJ should win every game right?

1987_Lakers
11-20-2021, 11:33 PM
Yes and this top 5 player is ranked above Lebron because of the following factors:

From being One-dimensional and not being better than Maravich to top 5 ever in a matter of months. lol.

SouBeachTalents
11-20-2021, 11:36 PM
From being One-dimensional and not being better than Maravich to top 5 ever in a matter of months. lol.
Curry was literally the most overrated player in history 5 months ago :oldlol:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?493318-Curry-is-the-most-overrated-player-in-history

SATAN
11-20-2021, 11:36 PM
lmao, 3ball getting absolutely wrecked in his own thread.

SATAN
11-20-2021, 11:37 PM
Curry was literally the most overrated player in history 5 months ago :oldlol:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?493318-Curry-is-the-most-overrated-player-in-history

:lol

RRR3
11-20-2021, 11:42 PM
Single most destroyed poster in ISH history is between him and Kenneth. No one else comes close. Euroleague at least was funny and unique

DevBooker'sMask
11-21-2021, 12:50 AM

Its getting ugly in here

Axe
11-21-2021, 01:04 AM

More lies as usual.