PDA

View Full Version : Curry and NBA TV Ratings

Stephonit
04-23-2021, 03:31 PM
Curry’s hot streak boosts NBA (https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2021/04/nba-ratings-stephen-curry-streak-viewership-abc-espn/)

In case anyone needs to know who the face of the league really is.

"Golden State has played in five of the top ten games — more than any other team, including the Lakers (four)."

You might have a superteam in the East and a superteam in the West but the guy leading the team that was worst in the league last year is still the draw.

warriorfan
04-23-2021, 03:40 PM
DingoTV.

Everyone wants to watch.

tontoz
04-23-2021, 03:42 PM
In b4 the Lebron stans.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-23-2021, 04:51 PM
Not surprised.

Back in 2016, Curry and the Warriors got me back into watching again. Was slowly losing interest with the same storyline/teams and then this dude went NUTTY. Still one of my favorite seasons. And yeah his run of late has been similar, maybe even better.

RRR3
04-23-2021, 04:53 PM
Insecure Curry stans ITT. Besides Kuniva ofc

hold this L
04-23-2021, 05:41 PM
Not surprised.

Back in 2016, Curry and the Warriors got me back into watching again. Was slowly losing interest with the same storyline/teams and then this dude went NUTTY. Still one of my favorite seasons. And yeah his run of late has been similar, maybe even better.

The 11 game stretch yes, but his UMVP season is still superior. Steph had maybe 2 average/bad games the entire season that year, he was either really good or in 60% of the games, completely absurd. Steph this season has had probably 7 or 8 average or mediocre games already, the match vs Wizards was lost because of his poor form. But the stretch before that was legendary, that's one of the best primes ever.

8Ball
04-23-2021, 05:53 PM
DingoTV.

Everyone wants to watch.

We will appreciate Curry a lot more when he retires.

Stories will be told about his half court 3s against Durant and Westbrook.

8Ball
04-23-2021, 05:54 PM
The 11 game stretch yes, but his UMVP season is still superior. Steph had maybe 2 average/bad games the entire season that year, he was either really good or in 60% of the games, completely absurd. Steph this season has had probably 7 or 8 average or mediocre games already, the match vs Wizards was lost because of his poor form. But the stretch before that was legendary, that's one of the best primes ever.

I agree. During entire regular season in 2016 he had maybe 2-3 bad games. He was great in the playoffs until just 3 games in the finals.

He melted the league that year. The game was never the same after 2016.

tpols
04-23-2021, 06:15 PM
And we got another good one tonight. So many teams are load managing they're one of the most exciting teams to watch.

HBK_Kliq_2
04-23-2021, 07:21 PM
People like paying to watch him lose i guess. Bragging about a SRS: -0.16 team hahahaha i would of deleted my account if clippers were that bad.

deathawaitu
04-23-2021, 07:24 PM
Curry saving nba rating after Kobe retired

Lebron Help nba viewership go on a decline for years.

Glad to see curry bringing more eyes to the product

tontoz
04-23-2021, 08:03 PM
People like paying to watch him lose i guess. Bragging about a SRS: -0.16 team hahahaha i would of deleted my account if clippers were that bad.

So is Kawhi playing tonight or is he going to let their best player try to carry them to win again?

bison
04-23-2021, 08:16 PM
I’m not a gsw fan

I’m not a curry fan.

But when Chef dingo goes off, I know I need to watch.

DingoTV :rockon:

SATAN
04-23-2021, 09:56 PM
Curry seems like a douche bag but I often enjoy watching him play. When he's on fire it's pretty entertaining.

Bronbron23
04-23-2021, 09:59 PM
Curry’s hot streak boosts NBA (https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2021/04/nba-ratings-stephen-curry-streak-viewership-abc-espn/)

In case anyone needs to know who the face of the league really is.

"Golden State has played in five of the top ten games — more than any other team, including the Lakers (four)."

You might have a superteam in the East and a superteam in the West but the guy leading the team that was worst in the league last year is still the draw.

Yeah hate or love him he makes the game better. When him and bron are gone i feel there won't be anymore must see players. The nba ia in trouble in a few years from now.

tontoz
04-23-2021, 10:02 PM
Yeah hate or love him he makes the game better. When him and bron are gone i feel there won't be anymore must see players. The nba ia in trouble in a few years from now.

I make it a point to record the national TV games when Zion, Luka and Jokic are playing. If the games turn out to be good I try to watch them.

Bronbron23
04-23-2021, 10:45 PM
I make it a point to record the national TV games when Zion, Luka and Jokic are playing. If the games turn out to be good I try to watch them.

Yeah zion and luka are fun to watch. I'm not big on watching jokic as much but if you love the sweet science of basketball he's a good player to watch.

Axe
04-23-2021, 11:34 PM
Good individual rs player.

In the postseason tho? Meh.

Stephonit
04-24-2021, 11:38 AM

Most successful playoffs player of the last few years.

mehyaM24
04-24-2021, 11:49 AM

objectively great in both. a "meh" player doesn't average 27/6/5 on 45/41/90 in the postseason.