PDA

View Full Version : Clash of Styles 2020s Lakers vs. 2016 Warriors

Ainosterhaspie
04-23-2021, 05:23 PM
This would be a really fun matchup to watch. Warriors dominating with small ball and three balls. Just five years later Lakers resurrect big lineups and have mediocre outside shooting. Might take a bit of tweaking to make it most interesting since Warriors were all prime and Lakers LeBron past it. Like port in 2013 or 16 LeBron onto the Lakers.

I don't care about the legacy of Jordan vs. LeBron angle on this. How about we actually talk about the clash of styles between the team that burried big lineups and the one that brought them back a short time later instead of that.

hold this L
04-23-2021, 05:39 PM
This would be an amazing series. I can see games being decided on dominating rebounds from the Lakers, Steph and/or Klay going nuclear, and superstar power. This is a series where small is the way, but no way Bogs doesn't play 20-24m.

bison
04-23-2021, 06:06 PM
Love this matchup. 2020 lakers are too thick and long. You’re talking one of the best and most nasty perimeter defenses with the lakers pesky forwards and guards. And then backing down gsw defense with AD and bron going in while elite laker wings like kuzma and kcp spread the floor. Lakers in 4

Stephonit
04-23-2021, 06:43 PM
Love this matchup. 2020 lakers are too thick and long. You’re talking one of the best and most nasty perimeter defenses with the lakers pesky forwards and guards. And then backing down gsw defense with AD and bron going in while elite laker wings like kuzma and kcp spread the floor. Lakers in 4

Wishful thinking. The Lakers dropped a game to each of the Trail Blazers, Rockets, and Nuggets and then in the finals lost two to the Heat with Butler supported by a rookie and an undrafted player. The Warriors are superior to that Heat team at nearly every position except center. If Steph is 100% healthy the Warriors should be the favorites.

Axe
04-23-2021, 11:21 PM
The 2020 lakers had a better record in the playoffs en route to the finals. Took only 15 games for them to do so.

Stephonit
04-24-2021, 11:39 AM
The 2020 lakers had a better record in the playoffs en route to the finals. Took only 15 games for them to do so.

Didn't play against any 1700+ elo teams.

Shooter
04-24-2021, 01:54 PM

https://i.postimg.cc/x16S2qMb/giphy.gif

dankok8
04-24-2021, 01:58 PM
We'll never know but I think the Lakers are better. Davis is much better than Klay/Draymond, Lakers are better defensively and their length would bother the Warriors' shooters. The 2016 Warriors were so exhausted chasing 73-9 that they were too injured/fatigued in the playoffs. The Lakers on the other hand peaked in the playoffs.

Shooter
04-24-2021, 02:06 PM
We'll never know but I think the Lakers are better. Davis is much better than Klay/Draymond, Lakers are better defensively and their length would bother the Warriors' shooters. The 2016 Warriors were so exhausted chasing 73-9 that they were too injured/fatigued in the playoffs. The Lakers on the other hand peaked in the playoffs.

Uhh, it's LeBron. LeBron always peaks in the playoffs...Have you missed the last 17 years? :lol