PDA

View Full Version : The time Wilt utterly owned Jordan at the Nba's 50 greatest players event

coastalmarker99
04-23-2021, 08:21 PM
Wilt once said in 1997 when Jordan and he were arguing intensely as to who was the Goat, “Just remember Michael, when you played, they changed the rules to make it easier for you to dominate. When I played, they changed all the rules to make it harder for me to dominate .”

And there was no retort or comeback from Michael after Wilt made that statement.

One more great quote that came out from Wilt at the event :

Wilt: “If you had to take Wilt n Michael...my prime and his prime? How much money you willing to bet.”

coastalmarker99
04-23-2021, 08:32 PM
Still despite that quote Wilt was very happy to praise Jordan when asked about him by the media

He once said “I think Michael Jordan should get 10% of every guy’s contract. Because he’s made basketball exciting. Young guys coming up should be taking their hat off to Michael Jordan.”

Chuckbe
04-23-2021, 09:02 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GnTgEHjFpQ

This was uploaded recently, Wilt said Jordan would be a bench player if he played during his era lol

Axe
04-24-2021, 12:06 AM
As excellent as the great wilt is, sadly his legacy would have been better if he didn't end up losing more finals than winning them. It just shows that you can be an unmatched all-around dominant player who continuously break a lot of records in your career but it simply doesn't translate to multiple memorable wins. Well, at least if they are what completely matter the most in the end. Also, it is often easier to stat-pad for your resume if you have teams filled with bunch of scrubs while looking like a carrying super hero too at the same time.