PDA

View Full Version : Are conference titles actually far more prestigious than NBA titles?

FultzNationRISE
04-24-2021, 01:01 AM
The answer is yes.

If you look at it from a competitive standpoint, teams are battling away within their own conference all thru out the season. This familiarity brings a lot of resentment and animosity. Teams often make personnel moves strictly to counter conference opponents standing in their way. Rivalries develop more quickly. Games are more intense, more physical, more dramatic. Winning a conference title means you were dropped into a 15 team shark tank, and you came out on top.

The NBA finals, meanwhile, is a completely overdone beauty pageant. Hyper commercialized, overly cosmetic, cringey concert performances and catch phrases. Teams spending all day at media sessions and photo ops. It’s an affair for the casuals. The relaxed, pampered environment inevitably gets reflected in the gameplay. It’s all laaaa deee daaaa, lets try to look cutesie on the big stage.

Tbh, Im not impressed. Give me a guy who runs the table CONSISTENTLY throughout his career in whatever conference you place him, versus some guys who catch a lucky break playin a few years with a hot roster and win some finals. The former is far more respectable.

Go ahead and share your opinions, but make sure you agree with mine.

Thanks.

Shooter
04-24-2021, 02:35 AM
:rockon: :cheers:

Dr Hawk
04-24-2021, 02:45 AM
Obviously......maybe yes or maybe no.

Send me 10€ through bizum to know my final answer!

Axe
04-24-2021, 02:59 AM
Obviously......maybe yes or maybe no.

Send me 10€ through bizum to know my final answer!
:roll:

Marchesk
04-24-2021, 03:00 AM
Triple doubles are more impressive than conference titles.

2much_knowledge
04-24-2021, 03:47 AM
We don't hang conference banners - Kobe Bryant

pandiani17
04-24-2021, 04:42 AM
Stupid question.:facepalm

Bronbron23
04-24-2021, 09:03 AM
The answer is yes.

If you look at it from a competitive standpoint, teams are battling away within their own conference all thru out the season. This familiarity brings a lot of resentment and animosity. Teams often make personnel moves strictly to counter conference opponents standing in their way. Rivalries develop more quickly. Games are more intense, more physical, more dramatic. Winning a conference title means you were dropped into a 15 team shark tank, and you came out on top.

The NBA finals, meanwhile, is a completely overdone beauty pageant. Hyper commercialized, overly cosmetic, cringey concert performances and catch phrases. Teams spending all day at media sessions and photo ops. It’s an affair for the casuals. The relaxed, pampered environment inevitably gets reflected in the gameplay. It’s all laaaa deee daaaa, lets try to look cutesie on the big stage.

Tbh, Im not impressed. Give me a guy who runs the table CONSISTENTLY throughout his career in whatever conference you place him, versus some guys who catch a lucky break playin a few years with a hot roster and win some finals. The former is far more respectable.

Go ahead and share your opinions, but make sure you agree with mine.

Thanks.

Just when i think bron stans can't get any more desperate:facepalm

FultzNationRISE
01-04-2022, 02:33 AM
Stupid question.:facepalm

No asshole, it really wasnt.

ImKobe
01-04-2022, 02:46 AM
Yes, which is why Kobe's 7 Conference titles in the toughest Conference in NBA history make him a greater player than Lebron, who played in the weakest Conference to make most of his Finals(2007-18 East).

Baller789
01-04-2022, 03:20 AM
Yes, which is why Kobe's 7 Conference titles in the toughest Conference in NBA history make him a greater player than Lebron, who played in the weakest Conference to make most of his Finals(2007-18 East).

Bodybagged.

Bawkish
01-04-2022, 03:24 AM
The mental gymnastics of Bronstains are something else