PDA

View Full Version : Another unbreakable record? Lebron's 0-7 in the Finals for game winners.

Shaquille O'Neal
04-25-2021, 07:58 AM
After 10 finals, it's a pretty remarkable stat that his finals record (games) is still 22 wins and 33 losses, or a 60% losing rate. So in 55 Finals games, he has tried to hit game tying / go ahead shots in the last 5 seconds.
He's Zero for Seven.

Will that stat ever be broken?

RRR3
04-25-2021, 08:06 AM
Seek help.

https://i.ibb.co/SmHV1YM/3-D231212-4-A35-43-E0-B604-ECAB200-ADBF6.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/XSWW000/A26948-D0-2324-4-CAF-BE28-3-CC5-EECB186-B.jpg

Shaquille O'Neal
04-25-2021, 08:15 AM
Wow stalk much? Had to go back to 2019 and do a "selective search"? We all know who needs help. Yikes, onto ignore you go.

8Ball
04-25-2021, 08:32 AM
Waking up Sunday morning thinking of the GOAT lebron. Well done.

deathawaitu
04-25-2021, 09:31 AM
Waking up Sunday morning thinking of the GOAT lebron. Well done.

Waking up on a Sunday defending Lebron lol

Rent free, sit down boy

We got them boys!

8Ball
04-25-2021, 10:10 AM
I didn't make the thread Pickernroller, someone else did.

Gohan
04-25-2021, 10:26 AM
Who’s lebron? Nvm he’s probably irrelevant

coin24
04-25-2021, 10:27 AM
Another lonely weekend for soytits:roll:

Shooter
04-25-2021, 12:33 PM
Seek help.

https://i.postimg.cc/wTf3vsfL/hahaahahahahaahah.jpg :lol OP is shook

Shooter
04-25-2021, 12:34 PM
I didn't make the thread Pickernroller, someone else did.

https://i.postimg.cc/nLKkS28C/banderis.gif

LBJFTW
04-25-2021, 02:52 PM
How do you play in 10 finals and not hit a single game winning/tying shot given all those attempts?

:roll:

warriorfan
04-25-2021, 04:41 PM
Another lonely weekend for soytits:roll:

Axe
04-25-2021, 05:11 PM
Wew.

Spurs m8
04-25-2021, 08:53 PM
How do you play in 10 finals and not hit a single game winning/tying shot given all those attempts?

Like we all know, dude has absolutely no killer instinct and shrinks when it matters.

It's cute to pad stats for first 3 quarters, we all know when the real men shine

Shooter
04-25-2021, 08:54 PM
Like we all know, dude has absolutely no killer instinct and shrinks when it matters.

It's cute to pad stats for first 3 quarters, we all know when the real men shine

https://i.postimg.cc/Wb3J15qc/7491-vs-5987-LBJ-1.png

HylianNightmare
04-25-2021, 08:59 PM

The real ones already know

mehyaM24
04-25-2021, 09:00 PM

lebron has more playoff buzzer beaters than jordan.

go on though. what about "shiny" real men?

Shaquille O'Neal
04-26-2021, 10:26 AM

0 in the finals. Letting teams like the Hawks/Indy take you to 7 games A) Pads your stats and B) Provides much more opportunity. All those years in the Leastern conference. He's ahead in career longevity stats, but not in PPG in the playoffs.
So if overall playoff points is all that matters - would you rather have a killer that from 1991-1998 won 6 rings, 0 game 7's, and only 2 playoff series that went the distance? Or perennially letting sub-par teams take you to seven and having teammates bail you out all the time?

PPG trumps all, just like winning. Listening to Richard Jefferson call a game yesterday - he said "You know there's some guys that don't want the ball at the end of games, and some of them don't want to be near the freethrow line to decide a game". We all know who's he's talking about.

Hey Yo
04-26-2021, 10:43 AM
0 in the finals. Letting teams like the Hawks/Indy take you to 7 games A) Pads your stats and B) Provides much more opportunity. All those years in the Leastern conference. He's ahead in career longevity stats, but not in PPG in the playoffs.
So if overall playoff points is all that matters - would you rather have a killer that from 1991-1998 won 6 rings, 0 game 7's, and only 2 playoff series that went the distance? Or perennially letting sub-par teams take you to seven and having teammates bail you out all the time?

PPG trumps all, just like winning. Listening to Richard Jefferson call a game yesterday - he said "You know there's some guys that don't want the ball at the end of games, and some of them don't want to be near the freethrow line to decide a game". We all know who's he's talking about.
MJ with 3 real rings and 3 load management rings.

4 >>>>>>>>>>> 3

Bronbron23
04-26-2021, 12:54 PM

0-7 on the biggest stage is pretty significant. If mj was 0-7 on the biggest stage bron stans would be talking about that shit every day on here. Kind of weird this is the first time i've seen this brought up.

mehyaM24
04-26-2021, 12:59 PM

who said overall points is all that matters? you're making "counter claims" to things i never argued.

i replied to a post that said lebron doesn't show up when it matters. well, he's got more playoff buzzer beaters than jordan. so explain how that isn't showing up.

0-7 on the biggest stage is pretty significant. If mj was 0-7 on the biggest stage bron stans would be talking about that shit every day on here. Kind of weird this is the first time i've seen this brought up.

are the playoffs not significant?

Bronbron23
04-26-2021, 01:09 PM
are the playoffs not significant?

Of course they are but the finals are the finals. It's the biggest stage with the most pressure. Lebron is great in the playoffs just like he's great in the finals. When i say 0-7 is significant It's relative to the mj vs bron debate. They're both being held to higher standard because of how great they are.

outofstomach
04-26-2021, 01:10 PM
was in a bad mood and this made me laugh :lol :lol :lol ty

8Ball
04-26-2021, 01:12 PM

Manny98
04-26-2021, 01:20 PM

mehyaM24
04-26-2021, 03:04 PM
Of course they are but the finals are the finals. It's the biggest stage with the most pressure. Lebron is great in the playoffs just like he's great in the finals. When i say 0-7 is significant It's relative to the mj vs bron debate. They're both being held to higher standard because of how great they are.

right, but nobody disagrees with that. the post you quoted was in response to a bs claim. arguing that lebron "doesnt show up in big moments" or "when it counts" is incorrect. and the playoff buzzer beaters back that up.

Johnny32
04-26-2021, 03:08 PM
imagine being so desperate you've been reduced to a sample size of 7 fga. lerentfree.

Bronbron23
04-26-2021, 03:27 PM
right, but nobody disagrees with that. the post you quoted was in response to a bs claim. arguing that lebron "doesnt show up in big moments" or "when it counts" is incorrect. and the playoff buzzer beaters back that up.

Sounded like you were excusing 0-7 in the finals by highlighting brons overall playoff clutch numbers but i agree despite the 0-7 stat bron obviously shows up when it counts. There's alot more to winning finals then hitting clutch shots.

Bronbron23
04-26-2021, 03:33 PM
imagine being so desperate you've been reduced to a sample size of 7 fga. lerentfree.

Imagine acting like shooting 0% in clutch situations on the biggest stage is meaningless. I agree it's not the end of the world but when comparing goats it's significant.

mehyaM24
04-26-2021, 03:33 PM
Sounded like you were excusing 0-7 in the finals by highlighting brons overall playoff clutch numbers but i agree despite the 0-7 stat bron obviously shows up when it counts. There's alot more to winning finals then hitting clutch shots.

it was a pretty straightforward post. the guy brought up "stat padding in 3 quarters". and not having "killer instinct" when it matters.

lebron's postseason play simply refutes that. there IS more to winning finals than game-winners, agreed.

Johnny32
04-26-2021, 03:35 PM
Imagine acting like shooting 0% in clutch situations on the biggest stage is meaningless. I agree it's not the end of the world but when comparing goats it's significant.

imagine being so casual you think a "clutch situation" is only a potential game winning shot in the last 5 seconds. embarrassing.

Bronbron23
04-26-2021, 03:40 PM
it was a pretty straightforward post. the guy brought up "stat padding in 3 quarters". and not having "killer instinct" when it matters.

lebron's postseason play simply refutes that. i agree there's more to winning finals than game-winners.

I don't disagree with that. Bron not being a killer is a wack mj stan talking point. I don't think bron is as much of a killer as mj but he's definitely a killer.

Bronbron23
04-26-2021, 03:45 PM
imagine being so casual you think a "clutch situation" is only a potential game winning shot in the last 5 seconds. embarrassing.

Nah there's alot more to being clutch than game winning shots. Tying shots are big too so is other things like defense, assists and rebounds. Again When comparing goats though 0-7 for game game winners means something.

mehyaM24
04-26-2021, 03:49 PM
I don't disagree with that. Bron not being a killer is a wack mj stan talking point. I don't think bron is as much of a killer as mj but he's definitely a killer.

truth be told, i had no idea lebron was o-fer in the finals. knew he had many playoff game-winners, but 0 on the grand stage is a head scratcher. especially with the criteria being 24 seconds or less. you'd think lebron would have at least 1.

Johnny32
04-26-2021, 03:53 PM
truth be told, i had no idea lebron was o-fer in the finals. knew he had many playoff game-winners, but 0 on the grand stage is a head scratcher. especially with the criteria being 24 seconds or less. you'd think lebron would have at least 1.

it's 5 seconds or less in this case. which makes it a desperate jordone fangirl attempt to attack their hero's biggest threat.

Bronbron23
04-26-2021, 04:02 PM

Yeah its surprising because bron is actually pretty clutch. These clutch stats can be misleading though. Depending on what you use as far as time and game winners or game tying u can get different results. I've seen some clutch efficiency numbers where bron was better than mj and kobe and there's others where he was worse.

LBJFTW
04-26-2021, 04:28 PM

Big lebron fan here but his issue has always been making a game-winner in the finals when he’s on the biggest stage. He just doesn’t have that killer finals instinct that guys like kobe and MJ had. Kobe has hit 2 game winners and MJ has at least 4 in the finals. Responding to this fact with “but what about playoffs” is just setting the stage for a losing argument.

mehyaM24
04-26-2021, 04:38 PM
Big lebron fan here but his issue has always been making a game-winner in the finals when he’s on the biggest stage. He just doesn’t have that killer finals instinct that guys like kobe and MJ had. Kobe has hit 2 game winners and MJ has at least 4 in the finals. Responding to this fact with “but what about playoffs” is just setting the stage for a losing argument.

i would agree in context, but that's not what happened here. suggesting lebron is a 3 quarter "stat padder". or has ZERO killer instinct? that's hater talk from a casual. and lebron's postseason play debunks that tripe.

Yeah its surprising because bron is actually pretty clutch. These clutch stats can be misleading though. Depending on what you use as far as time and game winners or game tying u can get different results. I've seen some clutch efficiency numbers where bron was better than mj and kobe and there's others where he was worse.

where do you find the numbers? reading the op again, apparently he used 5 seconds or less. not 24.

Bronbron23
04-26-2021, 04:49 PM
i would agree in context, but that's not what happened here. suggesting lebron is a 3 quarter "stat padder". or has ZERO killer instinct? that's hater talk from a casual. and lebron's postseason play debunks that tripe.

where do you find the numbers? reading the op again, apparently he used 5 seconds or less. not 24.

I've seen different clutch numbers for different times while watching games. Depending on what they used the results vary. No matter what was used it seems like mj is always his usual 50%. Kobe and brons efficiency changes more depending on how much time is used for clutch.

Johnny32
04-26-2021, 05:37 PM

lol wrong both times. lol @ lefake bron fan.

LBJFTW
04-26-2021, 05:42 PM
lol wrong both times. lol @ lefake bron fan.

Correct both times.

Johnny32
04-26-2021, 06:09 PM
hurrr, then name jordan's 4 game winners in the finals, clownboy.

dbalch
04-26-2021, 06:16 PM
Read my brand new e-book. The NBA Goat Debate - The Case for LeBron James. It is 30 pages long and will change the way you look at basketball forever.

Here is a link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B091J4JK4G

OK, it cost's $2.99, but it's worth every penny. I present an original data based argument revolving around the quality of the teams they played for and against.

TheCorporation
04-26-2021, 06:39 PM

:roll::roll:

FKAri
04-26-2021, 07:41 PM
0 in the finals. Letting teams like the Hawks/Indy take you to 7 games A) Pads your stats and B) Provides much more opportunity.
Letting teams take you to 7, thinking they can win and then stomping them out. That's some GOAT shit. 2 years ago I was firmly in the MJ camp but some of these ISH threads have me wavering.

Johnny32
04-26-2021, 08:04 PM
hurrr, then name jordan's 4 game winners in the finals, clownboy.

LeYawn.

kawhileonard2
04-26-2021, 11:13 PM

Smoke117
04-26-2021, 11:19 PM
Seek help.

OP wants to suck Brans dick so badly. :oldlol: