PDA

View Full Version : Derrick Rose still has MVP speed and crossover

PeroAntic
04-25-2021, 04:02 PM
https://i.makeagif.com/media/4-25-2021/tz0Gs2.gif

Thats just insane, destroyed Siakam. People are sleeping again, but this time he is a key player on a winning team and getting his rhythm just before the playoffs. :rockon:

https://i.makeagif.com/media/4-25-2021/aNbT_9.gif

That crossover... hasnt missed a step. Thats what happens when you take care of your body and work on your craft.

TommyGriffin
04-25-2021, 04:13 PM
OP suffers from severe schizophrenic hallucinations.

Manny98
04-25-2021, 04:23 PM

:roll:

PeroAntic
04-25-2021, 05:09 PM
I provided evidence, so it might be you who has that.

MrFonzworth

:oldlol:

Axe
/thread

His obsession with d-rose just never stops. It's not even the 2010s anymore lmao.

PeroAntic
04-25-2021, 05:34 PM
/thread

His obsession with d-rose just never stops. It's not even the 2010s anymore lmao.

Are you even capable of reading and engaging with actual content or its just the reputation and the media hype that matters?

Axe
04-25-2021, 05:37 PM
Are you even capable of reading and engaging with actual content or its just the reputation and the media hype that matters?
I just believe he's not on the same tier as harden, westbrook or curry, etc. That's all.

Gohan
04-25-2021, 05:56 PM
I just believe he's not on the same tier as harden, westbrook or curry, etc. That's all.

I still think he would of turned out better than Westbrook if healthy

Axe
04-25-2021, 06:07 PM
I believe so gohan but time had to prove otherwise. His longevity leaves much to be desired.

HylianNightmare
04-25-2021, 09:00 PM
Except on the fay break he would've dunked and had more separation and in the 2nd he would've floated longer and probably done some crazy layup on the way down

PeroAntic
04-25-2021, 10:06 PM
Except on the fay break he would've dunked and had more separation and in the 2nd he would've floated longer and probably done some crazy layup on the way down

But he doesnt need to. Yeah we know his hops is gone. But the quickness is still there and his touch + finesse are at another level.

Smoke117
04-25-2021, 10:55 PM
Lol That crossover wasn’t even close to as quick as a pre 2013 crossover. OP is a retard.

RRR3
04-25-2021, 11:12 PM
WB sucks. This isn’t 2017.

TAZORAC
04-26-2021, 08:19 AM
He has MVP "first step" not speed, and he can barely jump

PeroAntic
04-26-2021, 02:39 PM
He has MVP "first step" not speed, and he can barely jump

First step? The guy runs almost the entire court in three seconds. With the ball. Hes been on a tear since returning from covid.

brownmamba00
04-26-2021, 03:32 PM
I guess his speed is still there but he's not exploding to the rim like he used to do.

Its like watching some other dude play at this point.

beasted
04-26-2021, 04:00 PM
OP, we appreciate your support for Rose. I mean how can anyone realistically root against Rose and his story?

That said, he definitely doesn't have anything close to his MVP-year speed. He was as fast as Ja Morant and Deaaron Fox who are shorter and slimmer players, and had the athletic burst of a younger Westbrook too.

No need to even argue about it when Rose himself knows where he's at in this stage of his career.

Quote directly from Rose just 2 months ago:

“Coach, I’ve only got so many miles left in my legs. I want to make sure I go to a situation where I may have a chance to make the playoffs this year.”

https://larrybrownsports.com/basketball/what-derrick-rose-told-dwane-casey-trade-request/573605

Even Rose himself knows he's nothing like his MVP season. Doesn't hurt anyone from still watching and appreciating.... but also doesn't mean nobody should call you out for making these threads.

PeroAntic
04-26-2021, 04:36 PM
OP, we appreciate your support for Rose. I mean how can anyone realistically root against Rose and his story?

That said, he definitely doesn't have anything close to his MVP-year speed. He was as fast as Ja Morant and Deaaron Fox who are shorter and slimmer players, and had the athletic burst of a younger Westbrook too.

No need to even argue about it when Rose himself knows where he's at in this stage of his career.

https://larrybrownsports.com/basketball/what-derrick-rose-told-dwane-casey-trade-request/573605

Even Rose himself knows he's nothing like his MVP season. Doesn't hurt anyone from still watching and appreciating.... but also doesn't mean nobody should call you out for making these threads.

That quote means something completely different. It means he knows hes 32 and with his injury history he doesn't have much time left in the game. We know that hes under the rim player now. but the 'feline quickness' is still there, very close to his MVP level. Hes lighter than he used to be and pushes the pace of the game probably better than anyone out there.

Axe
04-26-2021, 06:02 PM

This. Well said. Bravo. :applause:

Smoke117
04-27-2021, 01:14 AM
OP is just a disgusting human being the way he idolizes a scumbag who enjoys gangraping women with his equally scumbag homeboys.

Xiao Yao You
04-27-2021, 01:20 AM
OP is just a disgusting human being the way he idolizes a scumbag who enjoys gangraping women with his equally scumbag homeboys.

he idolizes a mormon to make up for it

Overdrive
04-27-2021, 08:57 AM
https://i.makeagif.com/media/4-25-2021/tz0Gs2.gif

Thats just insane, destroyed Siakam. People are sleeping again, but this time he is a key player on a winning team and getting his rhythm just before the playoffs. :rockon:

https://i.makeagif.com/media/4-25-2021/aNbT_9.gif

That crossover... hasnt missed a step. Thats what happens when you take care of your body and work on your craft.

Why doesn't he put up MVP numbers then?

rawimpact
04-27-2021, 09:03 AM
OP's obsession for NBA Has-beens and/or low IQ players is off the charts

He goes out looking for low IQ players like Rose, JR Smith and that tier of players to root for. The sad part is he becomes delusional and tries to make us all believe they're better than they actually are. Ex. this thread.

PeroAntic
04-27-2021, 09:09 AM
Why doesn't he put up MVP numbers then?

Durability. Play him MVP level player minutes, he will inevitably get injured.

imdaman99
04-27-2021, 01:04 PM
I'll give Rose this, he's definitely a lot more mature than he was in his last stint with the Knicks. I wanted him OUT a few years back. Now I look forward to him coming into the game and calming the youngins down off the bench. I guess it helps that no Knick fan likes Elf Payton :lol No way is this me endorsing Rose for MVP though. Just saying that he doesn't suck like he did a few years back. Thibs being here helps, I am 100% sure.

dankok8
04-27-2021, 01:16 PM

I think 2011 Rose was already better than any version of Westbrook.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-27-2021, 01:20 PM
Derrick is a net negative on both ends. But has definitely contributed to wins in the games I've seen.

Like others said, he's matured and is comfortable with Thibs.

PeroAntic
04-27-2021, 02:47 PM
I'll give Rose this, he's definitely a lot more mature than he was in his last stint with the Knicks. I wanted him OUT a few years back. Now I look forward to him coming into the game and calming the youngins down off the bench. I guess it helps that no Knick fan likes Elf Payton :lol No way is this me endorsing Rose for MVP though. Just saying that he doesn't suck like he did a few years back. Thibs being here helps, I am 100% sure.
When will you admit that it was Hornacek who misused Rose that season and his coaching in general was simply terrible?

RRR3
04-27-2021, 02:55 PM
I think 2011 Rose was already better than any version of Westbrook.
Lmaooooo

RRR3
04-27-2021, 02:55 PM
When will you admit that it was Hornacek who misused Rose that season and his coaching in general was simply terrible?
Rose has been mostly terrible since 2012 dude let it go. He’s bounced back a bit but he was hideously bad from 13-18.

PeroAntic
04-27-2021, 04:05 PM
Rose has been mostly terrible since 2012 dude let it go. He’s bounced back a bit but he was hideously bad from 13-18.

He took a while to adjust to the analytics revolution, but its a testament to his adaptability that he became a savvy and efficient player. Makes me wonder how would a guy like Iverson would have handled the transition. Before the analytics craze, players like DRose and AI had the green light for gunning, percentages and advanced stats were not their main performance benchmark.