PDA

View Full Version : If 90's MJ didn't carry Bulls like 80's MJ, then why

3ball
04-25-2021, 06:22 PM
did his scoring/volume INCREASE during the championship years?

The narrative that he "toned it down" to win by scoring and shooting less is false - he shot and scored MORE, so the 90's were pure carry-jobs just like the 80's

SouBeachTalents
04-25-2021, 06:25 PM
Jordan's 4 highest scoring regular seasons & playoffs occurred in years he didn't win a title

Axe
04-25-2021, 06:27 PM
Doug collins a better coach than phil jackson despite having never led mj to the finals, let alone win them.

3ball
04-25-2021, 06:29 PM
4 of Jordan's highest scoring regular seasons & playoff runs happened in years he didn't win the title

Jordan's highest usage seasons as a Bull (* denotes title year):

1. 1987... 38.3%
2. 1993... 34.7%*
3. 1988... 34.1%
4. 1998... 33.7%*
5. 1990... 33.7%
6. 1996... 33.3%*
7. 1997... 33.1%*
8. 1991... 32.9%*
9. 1989... 31.1%

Jordan averaged 41 in the 93' Finals

36 in the 93' Playoffs

35 in the 92' Playoffs

He averaged 36 in the 91-93' Finals

He averaged 34/7/7 in the 91-93' Playoffs
That's false

His highest volume years were the 93' and 98' Playoffs (30 fga)

Shooter
04-25-2021, 06:30 PM
5 of his 6 highest playoff ppgz were actually his routine failure 1st/2nd round exits...non finals appearances

https://i.postimg.cc/DzzNjk8Y/MJ-learned-how-to-pass.png

Dumb op is Dumb. Quite literally the dumbest we've ever seen on this site.

SouBeachTalents
04-25-2021, 06:35 PM
5 of his 6 highest playoff ppgz were actually his routine failure 1st/2nd round exits...non finals appearances

It's just weird, Jordan being considered the GOAT by most people just isn't good enough for OP, there's something in his brain that makes him blatantly make shit up and live in an alternate reality. Jordan's scoring didn't decline during his title winning seasons when it factually did, Pippen was a bum when he was one of the 10 best players of the 90's, his current biggest threat in LeBron isn't even top 10 and all of his teammates are better than Pippen. Just a very sad state of affairs

3ball
04-25-2021, 06:39 PM

Jordan increased his usage and scoring to win:

https://i.makeagif.com/media/4-25-2021/IiCwFo.gif

His scoring increased in the Finals (36 ppg from 91-93')

3ball
04-25-2021, 06:39 PM
It's just weird, Jordan being considered the GOAT by most people just isn't good enough for OP, there's something in his brain that makes him blatantly make shit up and live in an alternate reality. Jordan's scoring didn't decline during his title winning seasons when it factually did, Pippen was a bum when he was one of the 10 best players of the 90's, his current biggest threat in LeBron isn't even top 10 and all of his teammates are better than Pippen. Just a very sad state of affairs

His usage and scoring increased in the Playoffs and Finals of championship seasons

Why are you denying that

Shooter
04-25-2021, 07:10 PM
Jordan increased his usage and scoring to win:

https://i.makeagif.com/media/4-25-2021/IiCwFo.gif

His scoring increased in the Finals (36 ppg from 91-93')

You're comparing his 80s vs 90s Finals scoring when he never even made the Finals in the 80s...

Why are you this dumb? You must be punished for your idiocy.

News Flash: MJ's career was very polarizing, he only made 6 Finals. He wasn't exactly successful unless the conditions were perfect for him.

3ball
04-25-2021, 07:10 PM

You guys claim that Jordan "toned it down" and reduced his shot volume to win, but his volume increased during the championship years, and his scoring increased in the Finals, or the 92/93 Playoffs

Shooter
04-25-2021, 07:13 PM
You guys claim that Jordan "toned it down" and reduced his shot volume to win, but his volume increased during the championship years, and his scoring increased in the Finals, or the 92/93 Playoffs

No :lol

I said:

"5 of his 6 highest playoff ppgz were actually his routine failure 1st/2nd round exits...non finals appearances

Dumb op is Dumb. Quite literally the dumbest we've ever seen on this site."

Shooter
04-25-2021, 07:19 PM
You're comparing his 80s vs 90s Finals scoring when he never even made the Finals in the 80s...

Why are you this dumb? You must be punished for your idiocy.

News Flash: MJ's career was very polarizing, he only made 6 Finals. He wasn't exactly successful unless the conditions were perfect for him.

Is there no one else?

IS THERE NO ONE ELSE?

3ball
04-25-2021, 07:19 PM
No :lol I said:

"5 of his 6 highest playoff ppgz were actually his routine failure 1st/2nd round exits...non finals appearances

Dumb op is Dumb. Quite literally the dumbest we've ever seen on this site."

It's dumb to think 1st Round exits disprove my point

* Jordan set the record for Finals scoring with 41 ppg - that's an increase in scoring

* Jordan averaged 35 in the 92' and 93' Playoffs - that's an increase in scoring

* Jordan averaged 36 in the 91-93' Finals - that's an increase in scoring

* Jordan's highest shot volume/usage was during championship years, especially 93' and 98' when he took 30 shots a game

So the narrative that Jordan reduced his scoring or volume to win is FALSE - his volume and scoring often increased, so it was the same carry-jobs as always

Shooter
04-25-2021, 07:24 PM
It's dumb to think 1st Round exits disprove my point

* Jordan set the record for Finals scoring with 41 ppg - that's an increase in scoring

* Jordan averaged 35 in the 92' and 93' Playoffs - that's an increase in scoring

* Jordan averaged 36 in the 91-93' Finals - that's an increase in scoring

* Jordan's highest shot volume/usage was during championship years, especially 93' and 98' when he took 30 shots a game

So the narrative that Jordan reduced his scoring or volume to win is FALSE - his volume and scoring often increased, so it was the same carry-jobs as always

I'll keep it simple because you're clearly spinning and confused

5 of MJ's 6 highest Playoff PPGz ended in 1st or 2nd round failure.

As soon as he played LeBron Ball and learned to pass he won games.

Imagine that :pimp:

3ball
04-25-2021, 07:35 PM

He averaged 41 in the Finals, so that's more than his 1st Round exits

And he averaged the same in 92' and 93' that he averaged in 87' 1st Round

So you're wrong - Jordan scored the same during the championship runs as he did in the 1st Round

And again, his volume increased during the championship years, so the Bulls required maximum shots from Jordan to win titles

Shooter
04-25-2021, 08:10 PM

So you're wrong - Jordan scored the same during the championship runs as he did in the 1st Round

And again, his volume increased during the championship years, so the Bulls required maximum shots from Jordan to win titles

A little Pippen goes a long way.

Imagine that.

AGAIN: Why were you comparing his 80's Finals #s to his 90s Finals numbers when he never made a single Finals in the 80s and only made six overall?

Hey Yo
04-25-2021, 08:11 PM

Which required load managing for 2 years.....

not my GOAT

Shooter
04-25-2021, 08:12 PM
While load managing for 2 years.....

not my GOAT

+1

Imagine comparing Mike's 80s Finals #s with his 90s Finals #s

3ball is THAT dumb :lol

8Ball
04-25-2021, 09:04 PM

Can you repeat this one more time?

Doesn't look like OP understands this fact.

ShawkFactory
04-25-2021, 09:07 PM
did his scoring/volume INCREASE during the championship years?

The narrative that he "toned it down" to win by scoring and shooting less is false - he shot and scored MORE, so the 90's were pure carry-jobs just like the 80's

The narrative is that his decision making improved. WHEN to shoot, not how much. When to get teammates involved. How to get teammates in favorable positions. Etc

Shooter
04-25-2021, 09:10 PM
Can you repeat this one more time?

Doesn't look like OP understands this fact.

Don't mind if I do

8Ball
04-25-2021, 09:14 PM
Don't mind if I do

Are you telling me there is more to basketball than PPGz? As a Jordan stan all I know is PPGz.

Shooter
04-25-2021, 11:00 PM
Are you telling me there is more to basketball than PPGz? As a Jordan stan all I know is PPGz.

I know 3ball might have tricked you into thinking PPGz is all that matters. But the truth is :( It's not. Look to MJ's routine failures. When he didn't know how to pass like LeBron and had higher PPGz he always lost. Once he learned how to pass and turn down his Iverson abilities he learned how to win.'

MJ won by using LeBron ball

And1AllDay
04-25-2021, 11:30 PM
A little Pippen goes a long way.

Imagine that.

AGAIN: Why were you comparing his 80's Finals #s to his 90s Finals numbers when he never made a single Finals in the 80s and only made six overall?

thread over

Sulico
04-26-2021, 05:03 AM
Yeah, I think OP have some mental condition.

When you post lies, then getting caught on it and still double down on those lies, there is gotta be something wrong with you.