PDA

View Full Version : If "everything's a foul" and "refs won't allow you to touch players today"

Ne 1
04-26-2021, 08:30 PM
Why are there LESS FT per shot attempt in this era than any era prior. :confusedshrug:

And before you blame 3s, there's also less fouls in general called per game than any era ever.

Explain.

warriorfan
04-26-2021, 08:35 PM
More 3’s

Xiao Yao You
04-26-2021, 08:38 PM
Strategy has probably changed as well. Sloan wanted his guys to commit fouls. COTY wants them to defend without fouling. Advanced stats tell us FT's are bad to give up

Reggie43
04-26-2021, 08:49 PM
Players have adjusted to the rule changes wherein they are not as physical in defending guys because they know they would be called for a foul especially in the perimeter. In previous eras if a guys beats you off the dribble players would still try to strip the ball and bump him from the side to challenge the shot while in todays league they are more inclined to be hands off and give up on the play unless they want to be called for a stupid foul.

mehyaM24
04-26-2021, 08:56 PM
the rules are catered for shooters. why would there be more fouling? lol

Bronbron23
04-26-2021, 09:52 PM
Why are there LESS FT per shot attempt in this era than any era prior. :confusedshrug:

And before you blame 3s, there's also less fouls in general called per game than any era ever.

Explain.

Is this for real? It's because as you say the refs won't allow players to touch anyone so obviously they don't so they can avoid getting fouls. That's why it's so easy to score now. Theres no resistance or alot less resistance.

Players adjust dude. You could turn the nba into a bloodbath and allow crazy physical contact and foul calls would barely change because players are always gonna adjust and toe the line defensively.

And1AllDay
04-26-2021, 09:57 PM
gotttem

old heads are shooketh rn :oldlol:

Gohan
04-26-2021, 10:22 PM
I swear poster above me throws a weak punch in a fight that barely connects and says “gottem”
But when the other fighter just drops him he goes into delusional mode and says “I won the fight”

Bronbron23
04-26-2021, 11:10 PM
I swear poster above me throws a weak punch in a fight that barely connects and says “gottem”
But when the other fighter just drops him he goes into delusional mode and says “I won the fight”

Hahaha so true. What a dumbass. Op literally answerd himself in his own thread. "Refs won't allow you to touch players" that means defenders aren't touching(being physical) with players anymore because they know it will result in foul. Instead the result is usually an easy basket and no foul call.

Gottttem though:facepalm

mehyaM24
04-26-2021, 11:23 PM
Hahaha so true. What a dumbass. Op literally answerd himself in his own thread. "Refs won't allow you to touch players" that means defenders aren't touching(being physical) with players anymore because they know it will result in foul. Instead the result is usually an easy basket and no foul call.

Gottttem though:facepalm

ya and a lot of it is the result of freedom of movement. for people that don't know, look that up. the scales tipped too far on the offensive end.

Bronbron23
04-26-2021, 11:29 PM
ya and a lot of it is the result of freedom of movement. for people that don't know, look that up. the scales tipped too far on the offensive end.

Yeah not sure how people still argue this. It was in the leagues mandate when they came out with the rules. The league wanted more offense so they changed some defensive rules to free perimeter players up to provide more offense. Don't know why some dudes are in denial about it.