PDA

View Full Version : Is the Lebron/Wade collusion the only time the NBA's top 2 producers teamed up?

3ball
04-27-2021, 08:34 PM

2010 BPM

1. Lebron
2. Wade

2010 VORP

1. Lebron
2. Wade

2010 PER

1. Lebron
2. Wade

2010 WS/48

1. Lebron
2. Wade

* The league's top 2 producers formed a super-team in a conference that 1-star teams were routinely winning

* Lebron hand-picked the preseason league favorite from 2011-2016, but fell to underdog or loser every year except the Ray Allen miracle

* Lebron teamed up with Kobe-Pau II but was a perennial loser or underdog and only 2/4 including the goat choke and record loss..

TLDR: LeFraud manufactured his resume

8Ball
04-27-2021, 08:36 PM
Scottie Pippen is top 21 player of all time. Higher than Wade.

Jordan colluded and got someone ranking higher all time than Wade for nearly 10 years of their prime. Imagine LeBron getting Wade for 10 years starting in Wade's rookie season. :pimp:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29105681/ranking-top-74-nba-players-all-nos-40-11

Jordan was gifted 55 win teams 10x more than LeBron ever did. LeBron always took the hardest road by joining a garbage team:

Cleveland = Lottery.
Miami = Lottery.
Cleveland = Lottery.
Lakers = Lottery.

1994 Bulls = 55 wins.

Smoke117
04-27-2021, 08:37 PM
1-9. No Pip, No Chips.

Nowitness
04-27-2021, 08:38 PM
D Whistle got bounced in the first round of the playoffs in 2010, if I’m not mistaken?

Regular season production means nothing, otherwise Kevin Love was a top 3 player at one point of his career.

LeBron teamed up with a regular season stat padder and a dinosaur who couldn’t get his team to the playoffs in the ‘weak East’. Dudes were average at best, he took them to the promise lands

light
04-27-2021, 08:41 PM

2010 BPM

1. Lebron
2. Wade

2010 VORP

1. Lebron
2. Wade

2010 PER

1. Lebron
2. Wade

2010 WS/48

1. Lebron
2. Wade

* The league's top 2 producers formed a super-team in a conference that 1-star teams were routinely winning

* Lebron hand-picked the preseason league favorite from 2011-2016, but fell to underdog or loser every year except the Ray Allen miracle

* Lebron teamed up with Kobe-Pau II but was a perennial loser or underdog and only 2/4 including the goat choke and record loss..

TLDR: LeFraud manufactured his resume

Nope. It happened already in 1996. The top 2 players in the league were on the same team in 1996. Jordan made sure that happened. He didn't have to return to the Bulls but he chose the Bulls because Pippen was the best player in the league.

Wade wasn't a top 2 player in 2011 so it's actually completely different.

LeBron would've had to go to the Lakers with Kobe, Pau Gasol and Phil Jackson if he was trying to create something like the 1996 Chicago Bulls.

Smoke117
04-27-2021, 08:41 PM
D Whistle got bounced in the first round of the playoffs in 2010, if I’m not mistaken?

Regular season production means nothing, otherwise Kevin Love was a top 3 player at one point of his career.

LeBron teamed up with a regular season stat padder and a dinosaur who couldn’t get his team to the playoffs in the ‘weak East’. Dudes were average at best, he took them to the promise lands

:facepalm What a moron...but what else would you expect from a dipshit who thinks Chris Mullin is better than Larry Bird.

Smoke117
04-27-2021, 08:43 PM
Nope. It happened first in 1996. The top 2 players in the league were on the same team in 1996. Jordan made sure that happened. He didn't have to return to the Bulls but he chose the Bulls because Pippen was the best player in the league.

Wade wasn't a top 2 player in 2011 so it's actually completely different.

Wade could absolutely be called a top 2 player in 2011. He had a great season.

Nowitness
04-27-2021, 08:45 PM
:facepalm What a moron...but what else would you expect from a dipshit who thinks Chris Mullin is better than Larry Bird.

He was tho. Remember what Thomas and Rodman said of Bird, if he were black he’d just be another guy? The rust belt have made Bird into a mythological character, made up stories of trash talk that never happened and shots that don’t exist.

Mullin half cut for most his career was a better player than Bird, just didn’t have teams and media behind him.

Smoke117
04-27-2021, 08:48 PM
He was tho. Remember what Thomas and Rodman said of Bird, if he were black he’d just be another guy? The rust belt have made Bird into a mythological character, made up stories of trash talk that never happened and shots that don’t exist.

Mullin half cut for most his career was a better player than Bird, just didn’t have teams and media behind him.

You keep bringing up that stupid shit, but if he was black and he was doing what he was doing he'd still be an all time great player. You're a moron, just stfu.

SouBeachTalents
04-27-2021, 08:49 PM
So these advanced stats determine LeBron & Wade are the two best players in 2010, yet LeBron ranks first or second in virtually every advanced stat, both regular season and postseason, and he isn't even a top 10 player

So OP uses advanced numbers to solely determine who the best players are in one instance, then completely disregards them in another :lol

3ball
04-27-2021, 08:52 PM

Competition was fierce back then.

And this might sound ridiculous, but blacks had a different mentality back then and were just happy to be there - so they played like they were afraid it would get taken away

So guys cared about winning and losing a lot more back then, whereas in today's game, the players call the shots and it's the owners that must worry about the next collusion

Nowitness
04-27-2021, 08:53 PM
You keep bringing up that stupid shit, but if he was black and he was doing what he was doing he'd still be an all time great player. You're a moron, just stfu.

That is conjecture on your part. Bird was the worst defender in his starting lineup and hillbillies claim he is a top 5 player all time. Everything I have said is rooted in fact, dude had a decent 3 year stretch, but lost a FMVP to a man named cornbread.

Smoke117
04-27-2021, 08:54 PM
That is conjecture on your part. Bird was the worst defender in his starting lineup and hillbillies claim he is a top 5 player all time. Everything I have said is rooted in fact, dude had a decent 3 year stretch, but lost a FMVP to a man named cornbread.

lol Bird was a very good defensive player when he was young and in his prime. Mullin was a shitty defender. You pretty much have no idea what you are babbling on about.

Nowitness
04-27-2021, 08:59 PM
lol Bird was a very good defensive player when he was young and in his prime. Mullin was a shitty defender. You pretty much have no idea what you are babbling on about.

I can tell you’re one of those hillbillies. You probably buy into the myth his career ended paving his mother’s driveway rather than paying for Mexican labour.

Mullin was a solid defender, he had long, quick arms, a decent frame and could move his feet. That, on top of being the best shooter we had until Curry and the orchestrator of Run TMC. Bird losing a FMVP to cornbread is unforgivable.

Smoke117
04-27-2021, 09:00 PM
I can tell you’re one of those hillbillies. You probably buy into the myth his career ended paving his mother’s driveway rather than paying for Mexican labour.

Mullin was a solid defender, he had long, quick arms, a decent frame and could move his feet. That, on top of being the best shooter we had until Curry and the orchestrator of Run TMC. Bird losing a FMVP to cornbread is unforgivable.

Hillbilly? I'm hispanic and lived in socal my entire life you stupid fucc.

Nowitness
04-27-2021, 09:13 PM
Hillbilly? I'm hispanic and lived in socal my entire life you stupid fucc.

Then a Mexican red neck. Either way, you’re dead wrong on Bird.

1992 Dream Team, Mullin averaged 13/4/3, Bird 8/2/2, Larry wasn’t close to Mullin. Had they switched, Mullin wins 5 rings

Smoke117
04-27-2021, 09:16 PM

1992 Dream Team, Mullin averaged 13/4/3, Bird 8/2/2, Larry wasn’t close to Mullin. Had they switched, Mullin wins 5 rings

Lmfao. Why would you bring up the 92 dream team when Bird was old and with a ****ed up back and Mullin was in his prime? You are a top shelf imbecile.

8Ball
04-27-2021, 09:16 PM

Jordan colluded and got someone ranking higher all time than Wade for nearly 10 years of their prime. Imagine LeBron getting Wade for 10 years starting in Wade's rookie season. :pimp:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29105681/ranking-top-74-nba-players-all-nos-40-11

Jordan was gifted 55 win teams 10x more than LeBron ever did. LeBron always took the hardest road by joining a garbage team:

Cleveland = Lottery.
Miami = Lottery.
Cleveland = Lottery.
Lakers = Lottery.

1994 Bulls = 55 wins.

Thread cliffs for the general population.

I will have to consider this thread vanquished since there is no counter to this.

Axe
04-27-2021, 10:26 PM

He's drunk...yet again. :(

egokiller
04-27-2021, 10:36 PM
lol mullin > bird now?

This forum :roll:

TheCorporation
04-27-2021, 11:20 PM

Cleveland = Lottery.
Miami = Lottery.
Cleveland = Lottery.
Lakers = Lottery.

1994 Bulls = 55 wins.

This thread got ended quickly :lol

TheCorporation
04-27-2021, 11:22 PM
So these advanced stats determine LeBron & Wade are the two best players in 2010, yet LeBron ranks first or second in virtually every advanced stat, both regular season and postseason, and he isn't even a top 10 player

So OP uses advanced numbers to solely determine who the best players are in one instance, then completely disregards them in another :lol

OP wrekt again :lol

3ball: BUT VORP DOE

Um, LeBron is #1 VORP all time

3ball: Oh, don't use VORP then

Johnny32
04-27-2021, 11:28 PM

ha

3ball
04-28-2021, 02:15 PM

The thread title says top 3 producers, not the top 3 players, which would include other things like playing style/winning ability

So the thread title asks a simple question of whether Lebron/Wade is the only time the top 2 producers teamed up.. And the answer is yes.. it's the only time

ShawkFactory
04-28-2021, 02:54 PM
Curry and Durant were the top 2 in all of these categories in 2016.

hateraid
04-28-2021, 04:05 PM
1-9. No Pip, No Chips.

When smoke117 joins the 3ball pile on you know it's out of control

colts19
04-28-2021, 04:31 PM

I know you must be trolling. If you really believed this stupid shit, I wouldn't argue with you because I try not to pick on people who are mentality deficient.

mehyaM24
04-28-2021, 05:13 PM
I know you must be trolling. If you really believed this stupid shit, I wouldn't argue with you because I try not to pick on people who are mentality deficient.

of course that clown is trolling. nobody with a functioning brain thinks mullin > prime bird. using the dreamteam as some "a-ha" was a dead giveaway too - they beat everyone by like 50 points lol

hateraid
04-28-2021, 05:21 PM
I wonder if OP took into consideration that the second best producer on the Heat was Micheal Beasley so he was forced to be a top producer? Ya know, kind of like how Pippen's low output forced Jordan to be the top producer?

Sometimes context can explain a lot of things

Manny98
04-28-2021, 06:45 PM
Is Jordan and Pippen the only time where the best shooting guard and the best small forward of their entire era team up

Axe
04-29-2021, 02:44 AM
Is Jordan and Pippen the only time where the best shooting guard and the best small forward of their entire era team up
If that's true, then why didn't they win any rings during the 80s when doug collins, who 3bot said was a whole lotta better coach than phil jackson, was their coach back then?

HBK_Kliq_2
04-29-2021, 03:06 AM
2016 - curry\durant were the two leaders in BPM

2010 - wade\lebron were the two leaders in BPM

Kawhi was able to successfully harvest both dynastys and tear them apart limb by limb. Kawhi pretty much ended Wade and Klays careers, made Lebron\Durant leave town and sent Curry back to the play in tournament.

Smoke117
04-29-2021, 06:09 AM
2016 - curry\durant were the two leaders in BPM

2010 - wade\lebron were the two leaders in BPM

Kawhi was able to successfully harvest both dynastys and tear them apart limb by limb. Kawhi pretty much ended Wade and Klays careers, made Lebron\Durant leave town and sent Curry back to the play in tournament.

Kawhi was a role player in 2014. Not even a top 3 player on the team. What happened to Rondo owning CP3? He made The Clippers his bitch tonight.